PDA

View Full Version : NY Post calls Kim a jerk!

KaseyL
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:34 AM
The New York Post had this NASTY article re Kim in their newspaper of August 28. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I'd say this guy who calls himself a journalist is no less than a jerk himself. :fiery:

Judge for yourself, see article below.

Special thanks to Marie for digging up this article for me so quickly as I couldn't find it, and a sincere thanks to Marie from Belgium for sending me the article in Belgian newspaper La Dernire Heure referring to the NY Post scandalous article. Thanks :kiss:

Here's the original so-called article:

BAD NEWS BREWS AS HEINEKEN HIJACKS MCENROE
New York Post; New York; Aug 28, 2002; BRAD HUNTER;

DC_ABS
Reporters covering the U.S. Open were given handouts from the giant brewery inviting them to an event featuring John McEnroe as part of a promotion for his charity.

The world's No. 1 men's tennis player, Lleyton Hewitt, and his Belgian beauty, Kim Clijsters (the seventh-ranked woman), seem made for each other.

When a Post reporter and a dozen Belgian journalists interviewed Clijsters following her win yesterday, she seemed like a jerk, too, when asked about her beau's bad-boy image.

END "article" :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

The reaction in Belgian newspaper La Dernire Heure is to be found in the Classy Clijsters' Lounge.

irma
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:38 AM
:fiery:

Gandalf
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:47 AM
:fiery:

Nina_rus
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:52 AM
:mad:

irma
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:02 AM
what's the emailadres of this person? :fiery:

Monica@53
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:20 AM
now that is a piece of fucked-up journalism...... this writer thinks she is a jerk for not wanting to answer some questions she felt uncomfortable about, were relating to her PRIVATE life and were not even tennis related??? what an arsehole

KaseyL
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by irma
what's the emailadres of this person? :fiery:

Here are the contact e-mail addresses:

sports@nypost.com for the sports team

and letters@nypost.com for letters to the Editor.

website is www.nypost.com

the article is no longer available online; you need to pay to read the text. I've copied here what I could see for free in the archives. Don't want to pay for such trash. :mad:

King Aaron
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:53 AM
:mad: :fiery: what the hell!!

irma
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:55 AM
thanks kaseyl, I send him an email and told that he is a jerk himself. now I hope it is the right adress :p

Aug 30th, 2002, 09:58 AM
*wonders how to use the angry emoticons*

Kim is a bad ememy to make. She's so well liked that no-one will support this joke of a jounalist

Hulet
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Well, I never believed her nice girl image, but even I don't think she is a jerk.

Aug 30th, 2002, 10:01 AM
No press conference transcript for Kim today. Is it just not up on the website yet, or did it not happen because the "journalists" had no decent questions?

We should just send the address of this thread to the NY Post

Mattographer
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:02 AM
untitled2284, it : fiery : or : mad : - no space between two :

:fiery: @ the jerk writer

Chris
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Definetly,he is a jerk.:mad:

Aug 30th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks
:fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad:

malaye
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Did you notice the way he says ONE Post reporter & a DOZENBelgian journalists :rolleyes:

Wonder who asked the dumb questions though.
My bet would be on that idiot from the Post ;)

Zamboni
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:45 AM
lol@malaye

:fiery: at the reporter

Aug 30th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by malaye
Did you notice the way he says ONE Post reporter & a DOZENBelgian journalists :rolleyes:

Wonder who asked the dumb questions though.
My bet would be on that idiot from the Post ;)

It has to have been the idiot from the Post. The Belgian journalists did a separate interview in Flemish

tfannis
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:57 AM
OMG....this is just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfffffff ffwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeelo_sdu(fybvghfrt vqnughvhll!m:mlk$^,knopfgihnsodcviygvhkijbfgcsnvc, fqoifolcjik*mp**^pm^l:=k);)kuu_-(_'rypdcdgkjjk

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I'm going to send my email now :cool:

Beige
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM
I'd like to emphasize that the NY Post is a TABLOID. Look who's on this morning's cover! They have no credible tennis writers. :rolleyes:

http://nypost.com/images/front083002.gif

www.nypost.com

Aug 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Beige, thanks for that. I thought it was a real newspaper. We don't have totally tabloid newspapers here. The Herald Sun is sort of borderline tabloid (it does have some real stories, but there is also a lot of crap about celebs), but the only other crap we get is in gossip magazines...and they're so totally full of crap that no-one believes a word. Most people buy them just to laugh at them

malaye
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
It's all clear now :rolleyes:

Weevee
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:27 PM
People who read the New York Post deserve what they read.

Princess Fiona
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:08 PM
I l2464w5**8835:@''dfseike t[]++88$%that p>,,,?!!ost, tfannis!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: ;)

*making note to send E-mail*

disposablehero
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:10 PM
That's pretty weak. If they want to say she was being a bitch, they pretty much need to show some quotes. Otherwise, they are just flapping their gums.

Volcana
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:43 PM
The guy from the Post may have been right on. By now, Kim's probably been asked the same questions about Lleyton and Racism a hundred times. I'm sure she's tiring of it. She may well have rude when the hundredth question that wasn't even about her was asked.

But the media always gets the last word. That's their power.

Serena y Monica
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:48 PM
You guys get so worked up over nada. Kim was terse in her reponse to journalist yesterday. So to them she may seem like a jerk. We on the other hand, esp. women know that she is sweet as can be not only that I'm sure she (like most women) get tired of people asking us about our mans behavior.

CC
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Did they say anything when Jelena pretty much told them to mind their own business when they asked about Bernoldi? I don't blame Kim for her reaction.

Viva
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I think the Daily Telegraph in Australia is pretty tabloidy. Very biased journalism. That's why I like the Sydney Morning Herald - much more credible.

sartrista7
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Ditto to Volcana and Serena y Monica. They think what they think of Kim, you think what you think, and neither they nor you actually know her. And just deal with the way the media is.

lurker
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Kim's been asked many times by many reporters about Lleyton. On TV with USA network even...before her match and she was her usual classy self. The fact that this reporter had to ask, yet again, after her match shows how unclassy he/she/it is. Everyone who watches USA and other tennis shows knows that what this writer writes is not the truth. The writer just wants publicity. Don't give in to it.

angele87
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:55 PM
I don't have a problem with the media asking Kim about Lleyton however I have a problem with them asking her ONLY about Lleyton! Like yesterday USA interviewed her in the Player's lounge during the rain delay and he asked her what she was doing to pass the time, if she read, played video games etc... then asked something about Lleyton... that was ok but in her press conference on tuesday they only asked her about Lleyton! As soon as she sat down they asked her about Lleyton... the moderator stepped in and said any questions about the match... and they asked about Lleyton! That was really ignorant on their part and I don't blame Kim for walking out!

essielewis
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:56 PM
You guys are getting worked up over NOTHING!!! The NY Post is a tabloid whose owner is . . . RUPERT MURDOCH That should be all the information you need to understand that "sports" writer.:rolleyes: (At least the posters from Australia should understand)

Anyway, Michael Barcan on the USA Network interviewed Kimmie during the rain delay yesterday and ask her questions about Hewitt and she was very gracious, explaining that he is aggressive on the court which she loves about him, but he is very shy off the court. She did not evade the question. She was very forthcoming. I have no idea what happen with the Post reporter but I doubt it matters very much. The people in NY will continue to hate Hewitt but that should not affect Kimmie.:cool: She's a sweet girl.:kiss:

Dawn Marie
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Bullshit! If this was Andy Roddick getting fed up with something his tennis playing Girlfriend did, he would not be called a JERK!! In fact he would be labled a tennis GOD or something.

Kim was smart in that interview, she told the media where to go.

treufreund
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Arschloch!

harloo
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:45 PM
To be honest, Kim has to learn that if she's gonna be with Hewitt expect for questions about him to come up in her interviews. The media will do that, and if his behaviour is questionable it will be the main focus of her interviews. Sorry, but Lleyton is the #1 player and if you are gonna be in a relationship with him(and you are a top player yourself) expect all the criticism.

What she can do is say no comment. If she did that, then the questions wouldn't stop but reporters wouldn't be so quick to ask her about him so much. Storming out of an interview and answering defensively will only excite the media, and they will come up with something else offensive to piss her off next time she interviews.

The writer was unfair in calling her a jerk. Hewitt is a jerk IMO, and he doesn't care either. The writer had no right to call her a jerk, but this is a tabloid and they write some of the most craziest things. So really it's no big deal, just more trash mags and at some point every famous person is lied on and criticized in these mags.

earthcrystal
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Papers like the NY Post are good for one thing only: Lining the bottom of animal cages.

THE NET
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:58 PM
YES! (She is real JERK)

:kiss:

Kiki
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine Kimmy!

Helen Lawson
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Even Miss Clijsters cannot escape.....THE PRESS.

Jelena Dokic needs to start dating Lleyton. Now there would be a good press conference.

Aug 31st, 2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Viva
I think the Daily Telegraph in Australia is pretty tabloidy. Very biased journalism. That's why I like the Sydney Morning Herald - much more credible.

Is the Sydney morning Herald the Sydney version of The Age (Melbourne)?

Viva
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:54 AM
I have no idea - but if The Age is a credible newspaper than probably.