PDA

View Full Version : You've Got To Like Monicas Chances

CJ07
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:53 AM
She sompletely turned that match around..only 2 points from walking and she stepped it up, what a player. GO MONICA!

TexasTech Guy
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:16 AM
Chances for what?

I hope you are not talking about her chances to win LOL.

Enough with the pitty sympathy already!

selesrules
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:44 AM
TexasTech Guy, go fuck yourself.

mmcdonald, yeah it was great to see Monica fighting and turning around this match, something that even Venus couldn't do at the French against Schwartz. Go Monica!

Fingon
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Monica's movement wasn't very good today, I honestly don't think she will have much chances against Venus :(

disposablehero
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:56 AM
I am very concerned about Monica's movement. She isn't nearly as slow as people say, but today she was. I watched on the changeover and she limped a bit.

Alley
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:59 AM
I hope Monica at least gets to Venus. she was very inspiring today.

spencercarlos
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Well Definetly will be the battle of the injured player the Hingis-Seles if that takes place, but NONE of them will pass either Chanda or Venus in the quarters

Sam L
Aug 30th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Well I really like her, but she has NO chance to win here.

nysaga
Aug 30th, 2002, 06:28 AM
it really doesn't matter who comes out of the bottom section of the draw because Serena will kick ass!

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Monica did great tonight to defeat Barbara and she should defeat Martina if they both meet in the round of 16. Martina has NOT been impressive. IMO Monica won't defeat Venus.

Monica@53
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Something IS wrong with Monica because she wasn't moving like she normally does.... like it seemed as if she couldn't move to her forehand side (was her injury on her left foot?). She should get by Cho hopefully without too many problems.

An encounter with Hingis could be interesting as neither are moving the way they can... I think it will be very interesting and will be a toss-up, but having seen Venus in action today, i am pretty certain either player is not going to pose too much of a fight against her in the QF's. Venus was amazing!

Kart
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Go for it Monica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:19 PM
seles moved great,and her chances are just as good as venus chances.

Volcana
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:40 AM
selesadmirer - You're wrong twice in one sentence. However, she may move better tomorrow. It can be tough to play in cold wet weather. There are probably only four players here with a better chance of winning than Monica. Unfortunately, Monica is seeded to play three of them in row.

AjdeNate!
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:53 AM
1 match at a time.....

selesadmirer
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:53 AM
volcana,i guess you don't know monica's capabilities,but you know what lets both keep our mouth's shut until the conclusion of the open....have a nice day.

Volcana
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:31 AM
selesadmirer - No no no. Where's the fun in that? I'd rather talk lomg and loud about how Venus is sure to make the final. If I'm right, I get to gloat. If I'm wrong, lots of other people get to point out what a fool I was. Sounds like a 'win-win', don't you think? I'm gonna keep runnin' my big yap, and you feel free to run yours.

In order to win this tournament, Monica's 'capabilites' will have to be greater than they've been in the last 26 GS tournaments. If they are, you're absoutely right, I DON'T know Monica's capabilities. However, at the moment I'm operationing on the idea I have a pretty good idea of what Monica can and cannot do.

Winning the US Open is not on my 'Monica can do this' list.

Since you think Venus and Monica have the same chance of wining the Open, how about a little wager?

If Monica wins the U.S.Open this year, I'll write a thousand word essay on 'Why Monica Seles is the greatest player in History'.
If Venus wins the US Open, You'll write a thousand word essay on 'Why Venus Williams is the Greatest Player in the World'.

What do you say?

Couver
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:35 AM
Monica was such a fighter out their last night! I was totally proud of her. I think her movement might simply be due to her lack of hardcourt play this summer.

selesadmirer
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:54 AM
how about we stop here volcana.