PDA

View Full Version : Seles is a fighter......she wins 1-6,7-6,6-2

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:48 AM
She won and im proud of her,she played a very gutsy and determined opponent who has beaten her before,and seles was two points away from elimination and she fought it off..i still believe in monica,and this is the type of match she needed to help her confidence,and she looked much fitter than the last two months...go seles..do you agree she looks fitter?

J_Migoe
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Great win monica. I never doubted you. Sweet revenge, hope that next time you meet Schwartz, you will thrash her to pieces!
Good luck and God bless in the rest of your matches!

selesrules
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:52 AM
GO MONICA!!!!!!!!!! :)

I was so scared but she pulled through! She's the ultimate fighter and I am confident that she will raise her level in the upcoming matches. Wow, what an intense match. Did you see the croud reactions, she's the most exciting player to watch. GO MONICA!!! :)

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Monica wanted this match badly,and so did her fans..she is one of a kind with a heart of gold and nerves of steel....she is the one i look up to...go monica

Seles1
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:00 AM
Yes i agree with you selesadmirer, she did look much fitter than the last time we seen her play at Wimbledon!!!!!!!

Seles1
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:01 AM
SHE IS MY HERO, the one who got me to play tennis!!!!!!!! Without her i would have never have played and compete and the high level that I am now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks MONICA!!!!!!!!!

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Seles can do it,it is all about belief.

disposablehero
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Monica seemed to be almost completely unable to read Schwartz's shots. She really got nasty in the third set, though.

moon
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:36 AM
that was a great match!
glad Monica was able to come through. :)

Seles1
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Monica says after the match that as long as she is healthy and is enjoying tennis she will continue to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disposablehero
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:31 AM
No doubt someone asked her about that.

Becool
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Credits for Schwartz! She's a unseeded player but has already put some really respectable players into this situation before :)

BTW Nice win Monica ;)

Monica@53
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:57 AM
It was just such a gutsy performance and reminded me just why I am a fan (among other attributes)... as a fan I was proud of her and the crowd was just awesome!!! They were just as intense as Monica was on court..... how intense was Monica tonight!!! It was sensational.... I was incredibly scared esp at 5-5 in the tiebreak but for some reason, I never doubted she would win.....

I still think the Hingis match is hers for the taking!!

Ntosake
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:03 AM
Way to stay in the fight, Monica!

Congrats to her and Schwartz for a really good show!

mishar
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:49 AM
I was there LIVE and it was one of the best matches I've ever seen live. The atmosphere in the grandstand was incredible.
I have to say, Monica looked fit and great (and she doesn't always, I'm the first to say it).
She obviously isn't playing at her highest level but hopefully she'll keep getting better. She played great in the third set.
And Schwartz should be a top 20 player.

PamShriver
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Sheesh!!! This is why I am a Seles fan. I don't care if it's a second round or a final, Monica never gives up. She is truly one of the most heroic athletes in the history of sport. I don't want her to retire anytime soon because she is good enough and better than even I think she thinks she is (if that makes sense). Monica is a Hero who once again has made me weep with her guts and her passion.

Monica, no matter what happens in your career, please know that you have inspired millions with your guts and your graciousness, you are a champion par excellance!

wongqks
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:41 AM
I am so happy for Monica, I am so glad the crowd pull her out today, she is such an exciting player, once again reinforce why I am a fan of her, when she is down she fight harder than ever, good luck against Cho in third round

mishar
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Pam, you are so right (as always!)

THe incredible thing about the match tonight was the emotional atmosphere and I've felt that way about all of Seles's matches that I've seen -- even before the stabbing. She just throws herself into the sport like no one else.

DiZZiA
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Good on u, Monica!!! A real tough fight for her!!! I hope she can put up the same fighting spirit when against Venus in the Quarters!!

Keep on firing, Monica!! We Love You!!! ;)

Gandalf
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:06 AM
:)

Mattographer
Aug 30th, 2002, 10:32 AM
YAY!! The crowd was awesome!! :D

Nikola
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Go Monica

Monica_Rules
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:26 AM
I wish i could of seen it:sad: but no we see venus trounce molik 6-1 6-2:rolleyes:

wongqks
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:31 AM
same here in Asia Monica_rules :rolleyes:

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Monica is a person every kid should look up to,she has had the worst of times yet she manages to get up and keep on fighting...thats why she is so special to me.

Loyal Selesian
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:00 PM
hey AlexSydney
did they show Monica's match last night?? tell me no cos I hate the feeling of missing a Monica match when it's on..dammmm

yeah GO MONICAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! definetely gonna stay up all night for your third round match GO MONICAAAAAAAAA

jay_k
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Love you Monica :)

Williams Rulez
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Wow... what a tough match... too bad they didn't air it on TV... :(

tyk101
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Wow Monica looked completely outplayed and sluggish at the start.. I'm watchin the match on Eurosport Sport now.... Hope she gets off to better starts in the next rounds...
GO MONICA

razzponic
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:39 PM
I'm so proud of you Monica! We saw another glimpse of her glory days...

brunof
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Not only is Seles a huge fighter, but holy cow, Barbara plays with a lot of fire too...Could you hit that ball more flat?

Couver
Aug 30th, 2002, 04:23 PM
I was cheering so hard for Monica. And I think last night she proved what a champion and fighter she really is.

GO MONICA :bounce:

Rollo
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Has to be the best women's match of the Open so far. Someone with Barbara's type of game (but with more consistency) would IMO give any of these two handed women fits with all that lefty spin and the variety on the backhand. Ofun had some success doing the same thing (slice short and then drive the ball) with Hewitt.

For those of you who didn't see Seles in the early 90's, last night's match was what she was famous for. She dug deep when it counted at 5-5 in the tiebreak.....

Lucky you mishar:) The grandstand is the best court at the Open by far.

selesadmirer
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:47 PM
I got flashbacks of the 92 seles during the 2nd and 3rd set,im really feeling seles is getting it back after each match......Believing is so important for monica,i certainly believe in her.

Kart
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Yay Monica :)

selesadmirer
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:56 AM
Monica has proven time and time again her ability to come back from being down......go seles

selesrules
Aug 31st, 2002, 01:50 PM
Go Monica!