28 September-4 October-Toray Pan Pacific Open
Tokyo

3-11 October-China Open
Beijing

26 October-1 November-Sony Ericsson Championships
Doha

Mixo
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM
So she won't come to Marbella?!?!?!? Shit! Marbella is a few kilometres from where I live. :mad:

25 March-4 April - Sony Ericsson Open
Miami

4-10 May-Internazionali BNL d’Italia
Rome

A whole month doing "nothing"...:eek:

jelenacg
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
She will probably play Fed Cup in the middle of April
I don`t think she will play 3 tournaments before RG,but I`m sure JJ will make time to go to Marbella :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Ana can't play Marbella. It's an international tournament, and top10 players can only play 1 each half of the year. Ana played Brisbane.

Mixo
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:18 PM
She will probably play Fed Cup in the middle of April

Ana can't play Marbella. It's an international tournament, and top10 players can only play 1 each half of the year. Ana played Brisbane.

Thank you both.

Cp6uja
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
26 October-1 November-Sony Ericsson Championships
Doha3rd time in the row Ana will play YEC :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rocker2:

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 10:01 PM
3rd time in the row Ana will play YEC :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rocker2:

I also like the confidence! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I was taking a look at the WTA Rules book, and in the top 10 players commitment part it does say that they must play 2 700k tournaments (Paris, Stuttgart, Los Angeles, Stanford). Ana is only scheduled to play Los Angeles. I couldn't really understand what happens if they fail to play in one of those 2 mandatory tournaments, but there was something about a 0 point in the rankings. I'm not sure if this is only for late withdrawals though.

I don't really get this part of Ana's schedule. Playing Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid back to back could be very tough physically.. but if she had to play that or Paris, then she had to, right? I wonder what's the reason that the schedule is not following that WTA rule..

-NAJ-
Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
*Ana is playing LA not Stanford i think

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
*Ana is playing LA not Stanford i think

You are right! I thought about LA and wrote Stanford.. :o:lol:

Corrected.

Anyway.. the issue is that she is not playing any 700k tournament in Europe. And that's a commitment tournament for top10 players.

MarieC
Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
I was taking a look at the WTA Rules book, and in the top 10 players commitment part it does say that they must play 2 700k tournaments (Paris, Stuttgart, Los Angeles, Stanford). Ana is only scheduled to play Los Angeles. I couldn't really understand what happens if they fail to play in one of those 2 mandatory tournaments, but there was something about a 0 point in the rankings. I'm not sure if this is only for late withdrawals though.

I don't really get this part of Ana's schedule. Playing Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid back to back could be very tough physically.. but if she had to play that or Paris, then she had to, right? I wonder what's the reason that the schedule is not following that WTA rule..

I remember that there was a mention in a news article that Ana was not happy with the placement of the Paris, and Stuttgart tournaments cause either option meant playing back to back to back. To me the Paris option looked the less physically demanding of the options. She didn't choose that option so by the rules of the Roadmap it appears that she has to take part in the Stuttgart tournament or face a penalty. This schedule was labeled as tentative so I expect a change here or there. Stuttgart might be one of them.

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
I remember that there was a mention in a news article that Ana was not happy with the placement of the Paris, and Stuttgart tournaments cause either option meant playing back to back to back. To me the Paris option looked the less physically demanding of the options. She didn't choose that option so by the rules of the Roadmap it appears that she has to take part in the Stuttgart tournament or face a penalty. This schedule was labeled as tentative so I expect a change here or there. Stuttgart might be one of them.

heres the news article where Ana talks about it, from last September:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=18&detailpage=1290

MarieC
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
heres the news article where Ana talks about it, from last September:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=18&detailpage=1290

Thanks for some reason I couldn't find it earlier

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I remember that news entry in Ana's web. It clearly says that she should play either Paris or Stuttgart. I know this schedule is only tentative, and there can be changes.. but what if there aren't? Don't you guys find strange that a tournament that should be mandatory is not on her schedule?

MarieC
Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
I remember that news entry in Ana's web. It clearly says that she should play either Paris or Stuttgart. I know this schedule is only tentative, and there can be changes.. but what if there aren't? Don't you guys find strange that a tournament that should be mandatory is not on her schedule?

It is strange since this schedule was just put up last week. We know she isn't going to play Paris so under the Roadmap rules she has to play Stuttgart, or she will be penalized for Rome.

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
It is strange since this schedule was just put up last week. We know she isn't going to play Paris so under the Roadmap rules she has to play Stuttgart, or she will be penalized for Rome.

Yes! And according to the schedule, she is playing Rome.

3 weeks in a row of clay tournaments can be very demanding on the body right before Roland Garros.. but it's already too late for Paris. So she has to play Stuttgart. I just find it very strange that it's not on her schedule.. it's not like she has the option of not playing, unless she is accepting some different kind of penalty. I'm confused.

jelenacg
Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
New WTA rules and schedule are stupid
If she doesn`t want to play some tournament she can go there and just loose a first match
I just cant believe they think players are going to play 3 weeks in a row before GS

MarieC
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Yes! And according to the schedule, she is playing Rome.

3 weeks in a row of clay tournaments can be very demanding on the body right before Roland Garros.. but it's already too late for Paris. So she has to play Stuttgart. I just find it very strange that it's not on her schedule.. it's not like she has the option of not playing, unless she is accepting some different kind of penalty. I'm confused.

I believe the only other option to not playing in a required tournament is to do promotional work at that tournament, or in the tournaments region. But if neither is done, then the player is either fined, or suspended for the next tournament they are entered in

And looking at the entry list for Paris, all players except Serena, Dementieva, and Radwanska in the top 10 will have to play Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid back, to back, to back so Ana is not the only one in that situation.

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
maybe someone could try contacting her website and asking about it:shrug:
general inquiries: http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=contact

You can also get a 'free ivanovic photo card':D Actually i just clicked and read it, you have to send them 5 bucks. Thats not my idea of a free Ivanovic photo card:(

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
I believe the only other option to not playing in a required tournament is to do promotional work at that tournament, or in the tournaments region. But if neither is done, then the player is either fined, or suspended for the next tournament they are entered in

And looking at the entry list for Paris, all players except Serena, Dementieva, and Radwanska in the top 10 will have to play Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid back, to back, to back so Ana is not the only one in that situation.

I was looking at other players schedules.. Dinara has Stuttgart on hers.. Sveta has the exact same schedule as Ana, without either Sttutgart or Paris... I don't know.. we will see what happens..

gaviotabr
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
maybe someone could try contacting her website and asking about it:shrug:
general inquiries: http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=contact

You can also get a 'free ivanovic photo card':D Actually i just clicked and read it, you have to send them 5 bucks. Thats not my idea of a free Ivanovic photo card:(

:lol:

I wonder what's their definition of free! :lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
its to cover shipping, i see now..:o
well, maybe someone could try the general inquiry, the worst they could do is not respond:shrug:

jelenacg
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Thats not my idea of a free Ivanovic photo card
:lol::lol::lol:
Maybe she is not planning to be a top 10 player so no need for her to chose between those two tournaments :lol::tape::lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
i hope thats not it, but its the only explanation so far:tape: Or she just plans to pay the fine.