PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Commentators

VenusSerena
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Clearly you can see a difference in the Commentators. There are Men Commentators and There are Women Commentators, and then there both. I remember listening to Tracy Austin talk about how Jennifer is not playing at that same level she was playing at the beginning of the year which won her the Austrailan Open. She said that she is a threat but not a big threat. She has lindsay over Jennifer which to me makes a lot of sense. Then you have Jim Courier (men commentator) saying that Jennifer did the double bagel, she is coming into the US Open with a lot of confidence, and she is playing like she did at the Australian Open. Now come on. Where does he get all of this from? Some of these Commentators are so dumb and so ignorant and stupid when it comes to tennis!

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:50 PM
I really dont think courier follows women's tennis at all, he's too busy in the men's locker room doing, um, interviews, yeah thats it.

M2k
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:19 PM
LMAO cybelledarkholmexxhttp://www.fsuniverse.net/forums/graemlins/laugh.gif now now ...what are you trying to say??? ;)

Seriously, Austin couldn't be more wrong. Lindsay's playing very well, but has ways to go before she can beat the top three. I do think that will change in a few months though ;)

joaco
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Lol cybelle

Tplayer
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:53 PM
It just goes to show you,
everyone has an opinion, right or wrong we all have something to say.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/33.gif

veryborednow
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:13 PM
at least you didn't have Pisnik's ex-coach.

*shakes head*

nightmare... all he could go on about what explaining that he finished coaching her, and not the other way around.

Nimi
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Worst commentator? Me.

kazbeee
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:26 PM
I agree vbn what an arrogant prick he is I hate listening to anything that guy says he slags off everything about the women's game a what the hell did he do in his career no where near as well as Lindsay, Jenn, Venus,serena,Kim and the list goes on I think our brit Baltacha has done way better than he ever did. I really wanted Jenn to win but there was a bit of me that wanted Pisnik to do well just to piss petchy off

Can someone tell me why every single match has to have a man commentating ??????

Martian KC
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:44 PM
LMAO@cybelle!:D

I can't believe the women commentators! Seriously, they ONLY know what's happening with the top players! They hardly know about players outside of the top 30, unless they see the screen.:rolleyes:lol
I am not calling them dumb, but maybe they should add a little flavor and talk about up and coming youngsters too.:o

Nimi
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Jesus i am not THAT bad :p

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:00 PM
It gets worse, try listening to the US Open Radio. Hell they kept bragging on and on, how Daniela was chosen to play behind Anna, because she is the better RUSSIAN! Kept saying that the US Open probably planned it that way ..!

I was screaming at my computer saying.. SHE IS SLOVAKIAN!! damnit! Morons.

LOl

destructo_girl
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:31 AM
L:DL @ Dawn Marie.

Commentators are so clueless. :rolleyes:

Richie77
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:12 AM
:eek:
What, they assume that every female player whose name ends in "va" is Russian? :rolleyes:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:13 AM
Slovakia, Russia, "ova," "ia," same friggin thing right?!:p

Richie77
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:19 AM
LOL...
Yep, they's all from them ol' Commie-nist countries, only they ain't Commie-nist no more...now they's all Eastern Eurapeean!

(The above, of course, is a typical response of your average Indiana person or whomever is commentating on U.S. Open radio) ;) :p

Mikey
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:33 AM
the worst part about it is, sometimes they can't even READ what's on their screens let alone identify the people.

for example, when hingis was playing serra-zanetti today, some brilliant commentator goes "martina hingis vs. adriana serra-zanetti" assuming that adriana had come back for a second try after losing 6-0 6-0 to iroda in the first round. i mean come on.

tennis4life
Aug 30th, 2002, 03:52 AM
That's America Media for ya. It's really too funny! That Daniela remark is too, too funny, although he could be really right about putting Daniela after Kourny. I mean let's face it, here in America, we can really be that shallow...ah, I mean savy!

Sex sells - everything here in da goot ol US of A!!!

t4l