PDA

View Full Version : Good results will start in Dubai!!

Pages : [1] 2

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Let's just think about 2007.
A QF before AO and a 3rd round at the AO.
Next tournament was a final. Let's repeat it again!

Find yourself Ana!

gaviotabr
Jan 25th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I'll sign for a stronger version of 2007. :p

Hope Ana has appointed a coach by Dubai!

C'mon Ana, find yourself!

Reckoner
Jan 26th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Yes, lets keep the positive attitudes around here.

All the negativity is really bringing me down.

rasko
Jan 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ajde Ana! You can win again!:bounce::bounce:

bruce goose
Jan 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, lets keep the positive attitudes around here.

All the negativity is really bringing me down.Yes,optimism in Ana fans is definitely a 'good result',so let's hope that we have plenty of cause for it:D

MarieC
Jan 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Lets keep our fingers crossed that this is the tournament that helps get things back on track

Horizon
Jan 26th, 2009, 09:32 PM
AJDE ANA :rocker2:

SOA_MC
Jan 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Toss that ball up straight :p

BTW why no Ana fed cup thread?

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
:rocker2:

Audio, there is an ongoing fedcup thread probably on page 2 of the forum you'll find it.

edit: here it is;)
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=307214

gaviotabr
Jan 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ana just released her tentative schedule of tournaments for the year.

2009 schedule
January 28, 2009 /

Ana today announces her tentative schedule of officially-sanctioned tournaments for the 2009 season. Please note that this is only Anaís intended list of events and is subject to change at anytime. Further details will be posted here in the event of changes:

7-8 February
Fed Cup: Serbia vs Japan
Belgrade, Serbia

16-21 February
Barclay Tennis Championships
Dubai

11-22 March
BNP Paris Open
Indian Wells

25 March-4 April
Sony Ericsson Open
Miami

4-10 May
Internazionali BNL díItalia
Rome

9-17 May
Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Madrid

24 May-6 June
Roland Garros
Paris, France

15-20 June
AEGON International
Eastbourne

22 June-4 July
Wimbledon
London, England

3-9 August
East West Bank Classic Presented by Herbalife
Los Angeles

10-16 August
Western & Southern Financial Group Womenís Open
Cincinnati

17-23 August
Rogers Cup
Toronto

30 August-12 September
US Open
New York, United States

28 September-4 October
Toray Pan Pacific Open
Tokyo

3-11 October
China Open
Beijing

26 October-1 November
Sony Ericsson Championships
Doha

No surprise.. but where's Sttutgart? Weren't the top players supposed to play a 700k tournament in Europe (either Paris or Sttutgat)?

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
very strong field for Dubai 2009

Only missing Wozniacki, Cibulkova, pennetta, azarenka

2009 Women's Line Up

Player Name Nat. Rank
Jelena Jankovic SRB 1
Serena Williams USA 2
Dinara Safina RUS 3
Elena Dementieva RUS 4
Ana Ivanovic SRB 5
Venus Williams USA 6
Vera Zvonareva RUS 7
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS 8
Maria Sharapova RUS 9
Agnieszka Radwanska POL 10
Nadia Petrova RUS 11
Alize Cornet FRA 15
Marion Bartoli FRA 17
Anna Chakvetadze RUS 18
Katarina Srebotnik SLO 20
Daniela Hantuchova SVK 21
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP 22
Amelie Mauresmo FRA 23
Jie Zheng CHN 24
Agnes Szavay HUN 25
Kaia Kanepi EST 26
Sybille Bammer AUT 27
Na Li CHN 28
Ai Sugiyama JPN 29
Francesca Schiavone ITA 30
Maria Kirilenko RUS 31
Alisa Kleybanova RUS 32
* Women's ranks as of Jan. 12, 2009

gaviotabr
Jan 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
It's a very strong field in Dubai.. I just hope Ana is already with a coach and playing better.

And will she have to pay a fine or have a 0 pointer in her ranking for not playing any 700k tournament in Europe?

Dexter
Jan 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'll eat my dog if she makes something noteworthy, still Ajde babe!

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:04 AM
No surprise.. but where's Sttutgart? Weren't the top players supposed to play a 700k tournament in Europe (either Paris or Sttutgat)?

i give up trying to understand any of it.
At least i can see Cincinnati is for real now. Cant wait!:bounce:

InsideOut.
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Woohoo for Dubai...I can just see Ana playing Kleybanova first round :tape:

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:38 AM

:sobbing:

When I saw Kleybanova's name, It was the first thing that crossed my mind!

jelenacg
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:40 AM

So can I :haha::haha:
And with the same score :tape::lol:

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:46 AM

I think I might have figured it out. The 700k tournaments are only alowed to have 7 top 10 players. If the tournament wants to have more than that, it has to increase the prize money. So maybe they are waiting out on it, since for now Ana is number 8, and might not get in. In the WTA rule book they say that if a top 10 player is on a waiting list for a 700k tournament, but in the end doesn't get in because of the players restrictions, there is no penalty for the player. It might be this.. or not. Playing 3 weeks in a row on clay before RG can be a bit too demanding physically.

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:47 AM
So can I :haha::haha:
And with the same score :tape::lol:

:tape::help::sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I think I might have figured it out. The 700k tournaments are only alowed to have 7 top 10 players. If the tournament wants to have more than that, it has to increase the prize money. So maybe they are waiting out on it, since for now Ana is number 8, and might not get in. In the WTA rule book they say that if a top 10 player is on a waiting list for a 700k tournament, but in the end doesn't get in because of the players restrictions, there is no penalty for the player. It might be this.. or not. Playing 3 weeks in a row on clay before RG can be a bit too demanding physically.

There was a part that also said the players had to submit their commitment to it before the first tournament of the year though. And ranking wouldnt..nope im done with it, really, who knows.:lol::explode:

gaviotabr
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM
There was a part that also said the players had to submit their commitment to it before the first tournament of the year though. And ranking wouldnt..nope im done with it, really, who knows.:lol::explode:

Yes.. but I think the entry deadline is when they get the rankings cut off. But yeah.. who knows.. just so complicated..

lilimi
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:29 AM
i just hope she'll fix her game :help: because seeing her lost on the court is more and more painful for me :sad:

Princeza
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:56 AM
They should just give Dubai a GS. $$$$

Dexter
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:15 AM
They should just give Dubai a GS. $$$$Super Grand Slam. It's absolutely ridiculous... I cringe at the thought of how much money they give out for the likes of Roger, Rafa, top women just to show up in the Gulf. :o But yeah, I'd love it too if I were a player.

MarieC
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Dubai is going to be an insane tournament! Wow :eek:

jelenacg
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I read she had a flight to Dubai at 7am so she is probably already there
Let`s hope for some good results and good draw
And please no Kleybanova,Zheng in first round
Also gaining a few points will be good since she has practically nothing to defend

gaviotabr
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I read she had a flight to Dubai at 7am so she is probably already there
Let`s hope for some good results and good draw
And please no Kleybanova,Zheng in first round
Also gaining a few points will be good since she has practically nothing to defend

I also hope Ana can win a few matches in Dubai. It's going to be an extremely tough tournament, but she seems really serious about it.. arriving early.. hopefully she will already start preparing with the new coach.

jelenacg
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:40 PM
When will she play on Tuesday or Wednesday?She has 6-7 days to work with new coach
I`m interesting to see how her serve will improve with new coach
Did I mention they also had some psychologists in Fed Cup team,i hope she talked with them about little things like making DF when serving for a set :) :)

gaviotabr
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:45 PM
When will she play on Tuesday or Wednesday?She has 6-7 days to work with new coach
I`m interesting to see how her serve will improve with new coach
Did I mention they also had some psychologists in Fed Cup team,i hope she talked with them about little things like making DF when serving for a set :) :)

Let's hope she did talk with them! She double faulted 3 times when serving for the first set against Sugiyama! :sobbing: Ana needs work on her mental game.. she needs to acknowledge that to herself and her team and seek someone to help her.. let's hope that thing about mental strength was only PR bullshit and they do know it. And that the new coach can see it and improve Ana's mental game, apart from the serve, shot selection..

I guess she will play on tuesday. They will leave wednesday for the first round of the players who are coming from Paris.

jelenacg
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Ooh I remember that :tape:
Good thing she didn`t DF while serving for the match
But in her next match her serve was very good ,like in old days
Well we will have to wait and see how she plays in Dubai
But she can`t play worse than in Brisbane and AO :tape:
Also I`m hoping these two wins in Fed Cup and good atmosphere around her will help her a little bit

gaviotabr
Feb 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Ooh I remember that :tape:
Good thing she didn`t DF while serving for the match
But in her next match her serve was very good ,like in old days
Well we will have to wait and see how she plays in Dubai
But she can`t play worse than in Brisbane and AO :tape:
Also I`m hoping these two wins in Fed Cup and good atmosphere around her will help her a little bit

I'm also hoping that this Fed Cup experience has a positive effect in Ana. I think only the fact that she will have a full time coach to support and help prepare her should already allow her to be more confident and positive. Things will take some time to be worked on though.. let's just hope for the best in Dubai and the upcoming tournaments.

gaviotabr
Feb 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
It seems that Ana talked with a Dubai newspaper. Nothing really new, but she gives some more quotes about the coach:

http://www.xpress4me.com/sport/uae/tennis/20011894.html

By the way.. Darren Rovell at CNBC has this new post about Ana. It's also nothing new, but he sure is an Ana fan!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29160267

jelenacg
Feb 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Eurosport will start broadcasting Dubai on Monday

MaBaker
Feb 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Ajde!

InsideOut.
Feb 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Ajde!

I thought you didn't like Ana. :confused:

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM

He said that if Jankovic loses the match against Cornet he will be an Ana fan. :lol:

MaBaker
Feb 13th, 2009, 02:58 PM
How could anyone not like Ana :hearts:

He said that if Jankovic loses the match against Cornet he will be an Ana fan. :lol:
He :eek: But everything else is true :angel:

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
He :eek: But everything else is true :angel:

Sorry! She!

Well.. I think you will not have to make such effort.. ;)

jelenacg
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry! She!

Well.. I think you will not have to make such effort.. ;)

I guess not :lol:
She won this on experience and bc Cornet made some stupid UE
But it`s just amazing how some thing you can never learn :tape:
Jelena will never learn how to step up when she is having a close match
She is serving for a match and she is far behind base line waiting for Cornet to make mistake
It`s really sad

MaBaker
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Phew :lol:
But I wish Ana all the best in Dubai ;)

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I guess not :lol:
She won this on experience and bc Cornet made some stupid UE
But it`s just amazing how some thing you can never learn :tape:
Jelena will never learn how to step up when she is having a close match
She is serving for a match and she is far behind base line waiting for Cornet to make mistake
It`s really sad

This was such a typical WTA match. 19 breaks of serve. Both were passive while leading and while on serve. Cornet had her fair share of chances in that last game and blew it with ugly UEs. But Jankovic did the same with her own chances while leading 5-2 in the first. JJ has not played a good match this year yet, but at least she is stable emotionally to be able to dig deep and win third sets. We can't say that of Ana right now.. I hope the new coach can give her some emotional stability and work on her mental game. I was positively impressed today with how Ricardo Sanchez stood up and motivated Jankovic hitting his chest and saying Vamos. He was giving her mental strength and support, whithout really coaching.

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Phew :lol:
But I wish Ana all the best in Dubai ;)

I hope those are your sincere wishes. ;)

Congrats for JJ's win today. Good luck tomorrow!

jelenacg
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I agree with the part about her coach and Ana but i don`t agree about to be able to dig deep and win third sets
JJ won today ,good for her but she was doing today the same crap she was doing when she was without the coach
So I think her coach won`t be very happy
She was so passive,Cornet played good but that`s bc JJ let her(the same thing Ana was doing lately)
And this match clearly shows why Ana always won their close matches
JJ just doesn`t know to step up so everything is on her opponents and how they play

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I agree with the part about her coach and Ana but i don`t agree about to be able to dig deep and win third sets
JJ won today ,good for her but she was doing today the same crap she was doing when she was without the coach
So I think her coach won`t be very happy
She was so passive,Cornet played good but that`s bc JJ let her(the same thing Ana was doing lately)
And this match clearly shows why Ana always won their close matches
JJ just doesn`t know to step up so everything is on her opponents and how they play

I agree about JJ's play. I'm not referring to that. What I mean is that Ana, nowadays, gets to the third set and completely melts. Someone who has won only 4 out of the last 12 3 setter played clearly has a hard time to stay mentally strong come clutch time. That's what I meant about Jankovic.. she was not playing well or aplying what she is probably practising with her coach (the agressive game, for an example), but she can keep herself mentally stable and strong enough in the third set. Sure.. maybe if she got an inspired big hitter, like Ana was in the third set of the French Open and LA semis, that would not be enough.. but against lower ranked, less experienced players, it is. Ana is losing those matches, not to other top players... and she is losing because she melts in the third set, loses countless opportunities and just goes away mentally. I think if they get into that position against lower ranked less experienced players, it usually (though not always) means they are not playing well in the first place, so they have to find a way to win it with their mental games.

jelenacg
Feb 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yes i totally agree with you,that`s why i said i agree about her coach and about Ana
Ana and her melting in the final set :help::help: don`t want to talk about that
I was just really surprised how players(like Jelena today) when they are in trouble they never apply what they had learned
If you are not going to do what coach told you and taught you in crucial points ,why do you need one
:topic: I really don`t like ANTA ,it looks so cheap especially her shoes

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yes i totally agree with you,that`s why i said i agree about her coach and about Ana
Ana and her melting in the final set :help::help: don`t want to talk about that
I was just really surprised how players(like Jelena today) when they are in trouble they never apply what they had learned
If you are not going to do what coach told you and taught you in crucial points ,why do you need one
:topic: I really don`t like ANTA ,it looks so cheap especially her shoes

I think it's hard to focus on getting out of your confort zone on the crucial points.. so the player ends up doing what they do best.. for some is hit the ball really hard.. for others it's to push..

About ANTA.. JJ did have some heavy bandages on her foot. :help:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Ana is mentally strong, made many comebacks. Mostly her opponents melt in the final set. Since winning RG, Ana lost a lot of 3 set matches. But it has nothing to do with melting in the 3rd set.
She has many ups and downs in all the matches.
If she plays good and it goes to a 3rd set, she always wins.
If she plays bad and it goes to a 3rd, you can only hope the opponent gets nervous.
Ana's game is just a mess at the moment, then it doesn't matter a thing how strong you are mentally.

gaviotabr
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Ana is mentally strong, made many comebacks. Mostly her opponents melt in the final set. Since winning RG, Ana lost a lot of 3 set matches. But it has nothing to do with melting in the 3rd set.
She has many ups and downs in all the matches.
If she plays good and it goes to a 3rd set, she always wins.
If she plays bad and it goes to a 3rd, you can only hope the opponent gets nervous.
Ana's game is just a mess at the moment, then it doesn't matter a thing how strong you are mentally.

I couldn't disagree with you more. When you are playing like crap, you need to find a way to win.. and that is being mentally tough, not wasting countless opportunities. And Ana has melted in the third in many of her 3 set losses..

Ana used to be really strong.. that was why she had such a great tie break and 3 set record. She spent months without losing a 3 setter once. But from the thumb injury on she has not been mentally tough at all.

jelenacg
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
It`s tough to be mentally strong when nothing in your game works
But I agree,even when she played bad she had oportunities to win
Against Jie Zheng in Chine open she served twice for first set also had break points in the third,Cibulkova in Moscow had match points ,Kleybanova she missed an easy shot to allowed Kleybanova to go up 2-0 in third and she served for the first set
So yes her head had a lot to do with these loses

InsideOut.
Feb 14th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Didn't we agree to keep it positive in this thread?

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 14th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I dont think its not positive. Mental toughness doesnt have a true definition. If it has different opinions depending on interpretation and how someone defines it, aint nothing wrong with that.
I agree with Sjoerd. Ana's match history provides the evidence for me. I dont know when she was playing the style of tennis some people want sometimes. She wins with offense, and loses with it too, it depends on her command of it from one match to the next. Lately, its been consistently bad. But mentally, it seems the same for me as always. When she is facing break points over her career and even still now, she saves over half of them. She saved 37/60 already this year. If we look at all 37 of those in one highlight reel, its likely to be about Ana winning the point then waiting for an error.

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I dont think its not positive. Mental toughness doesnt have a true definition. If it has different opinions depending on interpretation and how someone defines it, aint nothing wrong with that.
I agree with Sjoerd. Ana's match history provides the evidence for me. I dont know when she was playing the style of tennis some people want sometimes. She wins with offense, and loses with it too, it depends on her command of it from one match to the next. Lately, its been consistently bad. But mentally, it seems the same for me as always. When she is facing break points over her career and even still now, she saves over half of them. She saved 37/60 already this year. If we look at all 37 of those in one highlight reel, its likely to be about Ana winning the point then waiting for an error.

What about the opportunities wasted? BP conversion? 3rd set win? Double fault while BP down? Getting broke while serving for the set? I'm talking about middle of last year until now.. not about Ana's carreer.. I've always thought she was one of the strongest players around. Not for the last 8 months... Ana is brave, she is a fighter, but she is not being able to make a last mental push to take the win in tight matches. Just yesterday I was flipping through some SI articles.. and read one by Jon Wertheim that talked about the loss to Coin. He said that a top 10 player could be injured, sick, playing terrible tennis, but could never have lost that match wasting 5 BPs in the final set. He got as far as calling it a choke. Well, that's what I'm talking about. Your game is sucking? You make a difference with your head.

But anyway.. let's leave it.. we don't have to agree...

And to get to a positive note, I'm hoping Ana can come out strong in Dubai. I think the Fed Cup tie and working with a new coach could have a very positive immediate effect. Not that I think she will just show up and play lights out tennis (hopefully!), but I do think we should see improvement. And I'm already happy about it. :D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more. When you are playing like crap, you need to find a way to win.. and that is being mentally tough, not wasting countless opportunities. And Ana has melted in the third in many of her 3 set losses..

Ana used to be really strong.. that was why she had such a great tie break and 3 set record. She spent months without losing a 3 setter once. But from the thumb injury on she has

Barely played a good match.

Ana used to be really strong.. that was why she had such a great tie break and 3 set record. She spent months without losing a 3 setter once.

That's cause she played way better.
She's always inconsistent, but in these days her downs were only a few games or a set the most.
Now it's the opposite. Her ups are mostly a few games.

Ana just ain't a smart player. Winning these 3 sets matches is mostly about going for her shots more. When she's at least playing decent (like before the injury) it helped her through.
Now nothing works, so that can't of played won't work either.
So she also tried to play defense in these situations which isn't her thing at all.

If she's out of this mess again (service, FH like the old days etc.)
Then you'll see she wins these 3rd matches again.

At that moment, don't come with the comment she's mental tough AGAIN.

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Barely played a good match.

That's cause she played way better.
She's always inconsistent, but in these days her downs were only a few games or a set the most.
Now it's the opposite. Her ups are mostly a few games.

Ana just ain't a smart player. Winning these 3 sets matches is mostly about going for her shots more. When she's at least playing decent (like before the injury) it helped her through.
Now nothing works, so that can't of played won't work either.
So she also tried to play defense in these situations which isn't her thing at all.

If she's out of this mess again (service, FH like the old days etc.)
Then you'll see she wins these 3rd matches again.

At that moment, don't come with the comment she's mental tough AGAIN.

Are you saying then that she has never been mentally tough? I wasn't going to talk more about this for now.. but you can't say what I should or shouldn't say. It's MY opinion, and I completely disagree with you. I will say whatever I feel like saying.. I won't go.. hey DON'T come with this or that to you just because I don't agree or I feel like you are talking nonsense.

You haven't convinced me Sjoerj. I still don't think this is only about the game. Being mentally tough is also being able to up your game in the important moments, to be able to take your opportunities. Ana has been missing her opportunities to win those tight matches... she creates them and misses.. and I still don't think that it's all about the game.. it's about being able to keep focus, to stay mentally strong.. to not double fault break point down, not go away in a 3rd set.

You are saying that she has ups and downs.. more downs.. sure, that's obvious. She loses concentration.. her focus goes away frequently.. But being mentally tough is about sensing the important moment and being able to up your game in that particular moment, which Ana hasn't been doing.

I also disagree that it's about going for her shots.. she went for them agaisnt Coin and didn't work.. It's about playing smart, knowing what you are doing, which can also be called being mentally tough. Ana can be very brainless, as you say... but that only adds to my argument. If she was still brainless before all this mess started, then she still needs to improve it, which is what I'm saying. And if she starts winning those tight matches, even when she is not playing all that well, than I WILL say that she is improving her mental game.

To win a match with your mental toughness is to win a match when nothing in your game works. Not when you are playing decent.. it's when nothing works. And Ana hasn't been able to. This is as clear as water for me.. we won't agree on this... And I'll keep talking and writing whatever I feel like, whatever is my opinion about it.

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wasn't the draw for Dubai supposed to be made tomorrow? I just read an article that says that Ana can have a quarterfinal with Serena, with Venus and Dementieva also in that half. Jankovic, Safina, Zvonareva and Kuzzy in the other side. That's like.. nightmare draw. :sobbing:

http://sports.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Tennis/News/Venus-hopes-to-be-mistaken-for-Serena/articleshow/4129373.cms

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Yes.. draw is out! And it is a nightmare draw!

Guess who can Ana face in her first match? YES! Either Alisa Kleybanova or a Qualifier.. seriously don't know what's worse.

http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampionships.com/4/draws/2009/wmds.pdf

MarieC
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
That's not the draw Ana needed :eek:

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
That's not the draw Ana needed :eek:

All Ana's good luck went away with that netcord at Wimbledon.. :sobbing:

mure
Feb 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM
that would be a perfect draw had Serena not withdrawn today :(

I seriously doubt she will play Dubai after this,i guess this match up is really never meant to happen :o

Otherwise i'm so excited Ana will get her chance to get revenge from Kleybanova and most importantly the blonde Russian :armed:

Bring it on,i say :bounce:

jelenacg
Feb 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
It appears Serena is injured she won`t play today against Dementieva

bruce goose
Feb 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
... And I'll keep talking and writing whatever I feel like, whatever is my opinion about it.:angel::hug::smooch:

jelenacg
Feb 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I just saw she has Kleybanova in second round :haha::haha::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
Maybe Kleybanova will lose in first round and maybe just maybe Ana will win

Princeza
Feb 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Kleybanova or not, Ana will win.

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
The qualifier that will play Kleybanova is another russian: Anna Lapushchenkova. So either way Ana will play a russian in her first match.

I still don't think Serena will withdraw. We will see.. if she does, and Ana gets a couple of wins, she can get Jie Zheng in the quarters.. :help: Where is Julie Coin? That's the only one left... :lol:

Ksenia.
Feb 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Must be a joke.... Kleybanova or a qualifier :help:

Good luck Ana!

jelenacg
Feb 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
The qualifier that will play Kleybanova is another russian: Anna Lapushchenkova. So either way Ana will play a russian in her first match.

I still don't think Serena will withdraw. We will see.. if she does, and Ana gets a couple of wins, she can get Jie Zheng in the quarters.. :help: Where is Julie Coin? That's the only one left... :lol:

:lol::lol:
But seriously this draw sucks
If she wins first two matches and continue improving from Fed Cup i`m not afraid of Jie
Why would Serena withdrawn today if she wasn`t injured I can`t believe Dubai is that important to her,it`s not like she needs money:lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
But seriously this draw sucks
If she wins first two matches and continue improving from Fed Cup i`m not afraid of Jie
Why would Serena withdrawn today if she wasn`t injured I can`t believe Dubai is that important to her,it`s not like she needs money:lol:

I don't doubt that Serena feels pain in her knee. I just think that at this point of her carreer, and rightly so, Serena doesn't risk anything. If she feels pain, and it's not a Grand Slam, she will let go of the match. She won't risk actually injuring something, playing on when she feels pain. She said that she will try to play Dubai, and I think unless she still feels pain by the time of her first match, she will play. But then again, I might be totally wrong, and she might withdraw tomorrow.. we'll see...

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Kleybanova and Lapushchenkova will play tomorrow.. I guess Ana will play her first match on tuesday. Or maybe monday?

luv_sweetAna
Feb 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM

And Pironkova :haha:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Are you saying then that she has never been mentally tough? I wasn't going to talk more about this for now.. but you can't say what I should or shouldn't say. It's MY opinion, and I completely disagree with you. I will say whatever I feel like saying.. I won't go.. hey DON'T come with this or that to you just because I don't agree or I feel like you are talking nonsense.

You haven't convinced me Sjoerj. I still don't think this is only about the game. Being mentally tough is also being able to up your game in the important moments, to be able to take your opportunities. Ana has been missing her opportunities to win those tight matches... she creates them and misses.. and I still don't think that it's all about the game.. it's about being able to keep focus, to stay mentally strong.. to not double fault break point down, not go away in a 3rd set.

You are saying that she has ups and downs.. more downs.. sure, that's obvious. She loses concentration.. her focus goes away frequently.. But being mentally tough is about sensing the important moment and being able to up your game in that particular moment, which Ana hasn't been doing.

I also disagree that it's about going for her shots.. she went for them agaisnt Coin and didn't work.. It's about playing smart, knowing what you are doing, which can also be called being mentally tough. Ana can be very brainless, as you say... but that only adds to my argument. If she was still brainless before all this mess started, then she still needs to improve it, which is what I'm saying. And if she starts winning those tight matches, even when she is not playing all that well, than I WILL say that she is improving her mental game.

To win a match with your mental toughness is to win a match when nothing in your game works. Not when you are playing decent.. it's when nothing works. And Ana hasn't been able to. This is as clear as water for me.. we won't agree on this... And I'll keep talking and writing whatever I feel like, whatever is my opinion about it.

Although you say you completely disagree with me, you still add things we agree on.
Of course you can say whatever you want, everyone has the right for their opinion.

Are you saying then that she has never been mentally tough?

No, just the opposite. She showed in many times in the past. Now with her poor play and results it kinda looks like she's mentally weak also.
Ana always won close matches. She always found a way to do it.
So I say she's mentally tough.
Now she loses close matches against weaker players. Actually the most of them she should lose in 2. But her ups once in a while and that her opponents aren't that great makes it closer.
Once Ana has her game back, she wins tight matches again.
And all people who will say then, she's finally mental strong are wrong. Cause she has like that before!

That Ana ain't a smart player makes her game even more a mess now.

And I also don't understand the reactions after each draw.
Oh it's a Q or someone she lost to recently!
Damn, Ana's game is just a mess the last months so it doesn't matter a thing who she lost to in these months.

Ana with an A game will beat Kleybanova. Ana with a mess game will lose. Which won't mean she's her bitch after losing again.

Now let's hope Ana's a game will rise again cause that probably will turn out into some 'happier' talk ;)

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Although you say you completely disagree with me, you still add things we agree on.
Of course you can say whatever you want, everyone has the right for their opinion.

No, just the opposite. She showed in many times in the past. Now with her poor play and results it kinda looks like she's mentally weak also.
Ana always won close matches. She always found a way to do it.
So I say she's mentally tough.
Now she loses close matches against weaker players. Actually the most of them she should lose in 2. But her ups once in a while and that her opponents aren't that great makes it closer.
Once Ana has her game back, she wins tight matches again.
And all people who will say then, she's finally mental strong are wrong. Cause she has like that before!

That Ana ain't a smart player makes her game even more a mess now.

And I also don't understand the reactions after each draw.
Oh it's a Q or someone she lost to recently!
Damn, Ana's game is just a mess the last months so it doesn't matter a thing who she lost to in these months.

Ana with an A game will beat Kleybanova. Ana with a mess game will lose. Which won't mean she's her bitch after losing again.

Now let's hope Ana's a game will rise again cause that probably will turn out into some 'happier' talk ;)

The thing is Sjoerj.. her ups make the match close enough that she actually has chances to win. If she was just a bit more mentally tough she would be able to take one of these opportunities and actually win it. That's the difference between a loss and a win in these conditions.

If Ana starts winnning most of those tight matches while not playing well.. just being able to take her opportunities and hang tough.. I WILL say she has improved her mental game. You might think I'm wrong, it would be your opinion.. but I WILL think I'm right.. so don't go "people who says it is wrong" on me.. it's you opinion, it's not universal truth.

Agreed that the draw doesn't matter if Ana is playing well.. The thing is.. she is returning to form and she needs to get her confidence back.. some matches against easier opposition could help.. Kleybanova was never a good match up for Ana.. she hits hard and flat and Ana has a history of not dealing well with these kind of players. But this time I'm actually confident.. if she is able to play a bit better than at AO she should beat Kleybanova, without having to rely in her frail "mental toughness"...

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
The thing is Sjoerj.. her ups make the match close enough that she actually has chances to win. If she was just a bit more mentally tough she would be able to take one of these opportunities and actually win it. That's the difference between a loss and a win in these conditions.

If Ana starts winnning most of those tight matches while not playing well.. just being able to take her opportunities and hang tough.. I WILL say she has improved her mental game. You might think I'm wrong, it would be your opinion.. but I WILL think I'm right.. so don't go "people who says it is wrong" on me.. it's you opinion, it's not universal truth.

Agreed that the draw doesn't matter if Ana is playing well.. The thing is.. she is returning to form and she needs to get her confidence back.. some matches against easier opposition could help.. Kleybanova was never a good match up for Ana.. she hits hard and flat and Ana has a history of not dealing well with these kind of players. But this time I'm actually confident.. if she is able to play a bit better than at AO she should beat Kleybanova, without having to rely in her frail "mental toughness"...

For sure I'm right about one thing.
My name is spelled SJOERD. Can't argue about that :drool:
About the mental toughness we disagree and I think we already said the things about we wanted to.

That Kleybanova's game is a bad match up for Ana that is true.
Ana always has troubles with hardhitters cause it simply won't give her any rythym.
But many times people didn't hope for another match against Coin, Zheng or others she lost to. And I just don't understand that thought at all, cause a sports heart is probably thinking otherwise.

The Daviator
Feb 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ana :haha:

Good luck :crazy:

gaviotabr
Feb 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
For sure I'm right about one thing.
My name is spelled SJOERD. Can't argue about that :drool:
About the mental toughness we disagree and I think we already said the things about we wanted to.

That Kleybanova's game is a bad match up for Ana that is true.
Ana always has troubles with hardhitters cause it simply won't give her any rythym.
But many times people didn't hope for another match against Coin, Zheng or others she lost to. And I just don't understand that thought at all, cause a sports heart is probably thinking otherwise.

Sorry about the spelling of your name! I'm not going to mess it up anymore.. promisse!

I want Ana to play Coin, Zheng, Pironkova.. but when she is playing well so that I can be sure that she will beat them.

DownTheLine21
Feb 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Not a great draw. I hope we'll see some improvement here, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sorry about the spelling of your name! I'm not going to mess it up anymore.. promisse!

I want Ana to play Coin, Zheng, Pironkova.. but when she is playing well so that I can be sure that she will beat them.

I also hope she will face Shvedova, Poutchkova (not gonna happen) and Yan.

gaviotabr
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM
And Kleybanova it is.

Kleybanova def. Lapushchenkova 3-6 6-3 6-2.

Davodus
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
she will beat her this time :rocker:

jelenacg
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
We have already seen in AO that Kleybanova isn`t that hard to broke ,so if Ana is serving well ,i don`t think it will be very difficult
Did you see on WTA website short video from Dubai,you can see Ana and her new coach :)

gaviotabr
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
We have already seen in AO that Kleybanova isn`t that hard to broke ,so if Ana is serving well ,i don`t think it will be very difficult
Did you see on WTA website short video from Dubai,you can see Ana and her new coach :)

Yes I saw it Jelena! It's so good to see Ana smiling! She seemed to get along with Kardon, giving him a high five!

As for Kleybanova, if Ana is agressive and serves well, she should beat her.

gaviotabr
Feb 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Ana had some comments about Peer's situation:

Ana Ivanovic, the former world number one from Serbia, said she was saddened by the episode.

"It's very unfortunate, I feel very sorry for her. Shahar is a friend of mine and I feel sorry she's not here.

"It's always a pity to mix politics and sport. But the WTA is looking into it."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gN4x9oCt083RK3f8KxOvrUDkUWng

OC521
Feb 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Ana had some comments about Peer's situation:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gN4x9oCt083RK3f8KxOvrUDkUWng

Could this be similar to the fact Gavin Versiís IP ban on Serbs visiting Germany based Ana Ivanovicís website forum are also denied to use certain features of the official WTA website? Hitler said any enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine. Who at the WTA is of childish behaviour and is frightened because of their actions? Every area in community life has its corrections.

Hereís an advertisement the WTA can correct:
http://i42.tinypic.com/29vnjv9.jpg

gaviotabr
Feb 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Could this be similar to the fact Gavin Versiís IP ban on Serbs visiting Germany based Ana Ivanovicís website forum are also denied to use certain features of the official WTA website? Hitler said any enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine. Who at the WTA is of childish behaviour and is frightened because of their actions? Every area in community life has its corrections.

Sorry? I don't have any idea of what you mean by all this.. :confused:

OC521
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/29vnjv9.jpg[/img

Correction:

Should read, "Ana Ivanovic's Germany based website forum."

I'm sorrym here's two million dollars for the mistake...

gaviotabr
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:31 PM
The OOP for tomorrow is out and Ana will play the night match at center court.

CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon
[9] A Radwanska (POL) vs [Q] U Radwanska (POL)
A Sugiyama (JPN) vs [11] M Bartoli (FRA)
[7] S Kuznetsova (RUS) vs [Q] E Vesnina (RUS) or N Li (CHN)

A Kleybanova (RUS) vs [8] A Ivanovic (SRB) - Not Before 7:00 PM
[WC] S Mirza (IND) vs E Makarova (RUS)

Ana, you better win this! :armed:

jelenacg
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Again night match against Kleybanova ,this is just like AO
Hoping the winner will be different this time :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM
4 PM. That's just the time I will finish work.

-NAJ-
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
If I remember right on Ao against that girl Ana could not hit a winner in first set. Ok maybe few.;)
She will not make that mistake again . I am sure

Dexter
Feb 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I think it's a really good challenge for Ana. I'm really looking forward to see her play under command of a new coach. We'll see if she already implemented some new tactics into her game even though I doubt it as it usually takes a couple of weeks for a partnership like this to really kick in. IDEMO ANA!!!

Illusionist
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Ana played very good matches at Fed cup. Return is excellent again. She hit at least 7 winners from return at each match. Come on ANA!

MarieC
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for Ana tomorrow. I'll be nervously checking the score at work!

Reckoner
Feb 16th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Day off tomorrow!

Is there going to be a live stream of this?

MagicMilan
Feb 16th, 2009, 11:14 AM
If I'm correct, Eurosport will show the match :confused:
But they only seem to show tennis for an hour, then Eurogoals :(

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
2 hours for the match and I'm already a bit nervous... :help:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Some upsets so far in Dubai. Chakvetadze lost to Morita.. I know that Chakky hasn't been in the best of form lately, but Morita could barely win games against Ana and JJ at Fed Cup. Kuznetsova just lost to Vesnina, with a bagel in the third set.

Ana, please win! :unsure:

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
That means Ana will lose today. Go out there and try to pluck a few feathers off the fat chicken, Ana, and leave it till the clay for the roasting. :yeah:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM
That means Ana will lose today. Go out there and try to pluck a few feathers off the fat chicken, Ana, and leave it till the clay for the roasting. :yeah:

Such inspiring optimism! :lol:

I've read you in GM. Yes, Ana is back to number 7 no matter what happens today. Kuzzie lost quite a few points.

-NAJ-
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Did you watch on ES interview with Ana.
She said that her coach is great, they have fun and taht she wants from her to play agressive

btw i think that Ana need to win today to take that spot because points from Dubai willnot be off this week

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Did you watch on ES interview with Ana.
She said that her coach is great, they have fun and taht she wants from her to play agressive

btw i think that Ana need to win today to take that spot because points from Dubai willnot be off this week

Aiss.. I didn't watch Ana's interview! I'm glad she is getting along well with her new coach. Hopefully this good relationship will get her good results.

And you are right.. Ana will be 7 if she wins today or when Kuzzie's Dubai points from last year come off.

Davodus
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
gooo ana!
btw, i come here every now and then but have not said hello to everyone!
my names david :wavey:
been an ana fan since jan 2005 when i saw her playing at aus open :)

hopefully she wins today :)

jelenacg
Does anyone have some link to live stream so I can watch Ana bc they are showing snooker right on ES :fiery::fiery::fiery:

BuTtErFrEnA

:haha: omg :tape: you must be some kind of sorcerer

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
TBH I haven't even seen the draw properly; I just knew Ana was paying a visit to the Russian Chickenhouse today but no idea who is waiting in the draw. Not interested in knowing either and no need to do so :shrug:

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
:haha: omg :tape: you must be some kind of sorcerer

:tape:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
TBH I haven't even seen the draw properly; I just knew Ana was paying a visit to the Russian Chickenhouse today but no idea who is waiting in the draw. Not interested in knowing either and no need to do so :shrug:

Aiss..

I know you don't want to know.. but this is quite good.. if by some miracle Ana gets past this first match, she will take on the winner of Urszula Radwanska x Camille Pin. :lol::tape::help:

Princeza
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
gooo ana!
btw, i come here every now and then but have not said hello to everyone!
my names david :wavey:
been an ana fan since jan 2005 when i saw her playing at aus open :)

hopefully she wins today :)

:wavey: David
I hope it will be quick :tape:

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone have a stream?

-NAJ-
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.justin.tv/osebastiao
from ANARENA

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Shit forehands coming fast and furious :o

Ksenia.
Feb 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
1st set :woohoo:

Davodus
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
good result :) revenge is sweet, indeed :)

Princeza
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
That ball toss was still messy sometimes but her serve looked better to me. It was clear she wanted this win and I'm glad she focused and wasn't embarked on a third.

Next opponent will be either Pin or U.Radwanska.

The Daviator
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Good performance overall, some awful errors but they were made up by some awesome winners, key was the serve, in the *4-2 game in the first set the toss was :help: But it went away and I didn't notice any really bad tosses at all in the second set :D

She *should* be ok for the next round :unsure:

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Revenge is sweet :lol::lol:
First set was shaky but the second set she was playing better and should have won it 6-2 or 6-3 but I think she was nervous
Good thing is she is serving better,all her shots had depth so I think we are going in right direction
Also she was smiling on court and that is always a good sign :):)

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Good match from Ana. Way too many UEs.. if it wasn't for 40 UEs, it would have been much easier. But I guess she will be sharper with more matches and I liked that she was definitely being agressive and going for her shots. I think this was the first match in months that Ana had more winners than UEs (42-40). The ammount of winners was great for a 2 set match.. and also the number of aces. There were still some bad ball tosses, and she served at a very low percentage, but the serves were very well placed and with pace. The aces were :drool: I also really like when Ana had to play defense.. she was able to turn defense into attack in many opportunities, which is always good. That last point was an example.. though Kleybanova missed the volley, it was only because Ana was able to hit the ball at a good pace and high to her backhand.. that is always a very hard volley to make.

About the coach.. I like the guy. He seemed calm throughout the match, composed.. and at the same time he was always supporting Ana. I think that helped her not get too upset with her mistakes, which she was doing in past matches. By the way.. did Scott cut his hair really short? :lol:

mure
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
. did Scott cut his hair really short? :lol:

i couln't recognise him at first,i thought that was Kardon..He looks much older with the new haircut

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
i couln't recognise him at first,i thought that was Kardon..He looks much older with the new haircut

Yes.. he looks older.. I barely recognized him at first. Scotty, let your hair grow! :lol:

Ksenia.
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
sweet revenge :drool:

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Yes.. he looks older.. I barely recognized him at first. Scotty, let your hair grow! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
I agree about the coach, he was very supporting but not in a crazy way
May I also add that i`m very very happy she won :)
Also Kleybanova :nerner::nerner: :wavey:

Dexter
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not really overwhelmed by this victory, but under circumstqnces it was a good win. The match was all about Ana. I thought she really served well... she even didn't have AS much problems with her toss as in AO. Her FH however is such a mess... just sad to watch. What used to be her greatest weapon is now the most obvious weakness. Thank God she got it going more towards the end of the match.
I don't know why but I think her new coach sucks... I just have a weird bad feeling about him immediately when I saw him. :shrug:

InsideOut.
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM
That was very nice from Ana. She came in only on a few wrong balls but most other times her volleys were good and the volley at 5-5 first set the first point was just Federer-like :drool:. Ball toss was an occasional problem but she never DFed on BP down :) 13 aces ties her all time record (I wanted 14 though :() and is the most ever she has served in a 2-set match. I think she's gradually adapting to her new motion and it's only the toss holding her back now. The 2nd serve aces were :drool: too.

The last point was vintage Ana running forehand...IMO back then it was a better shot than Capriati's. She toned it down a bit but the last running forehand was something I haven't seen from Ana since 2007...against Petrova in LA.

Good going. Good luck for the next round, but just in case, buy an air ticket anyway. It wouldn't hurt to give Camille or Ula a free tour to Belgrade if she manages to win.

mure
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I don't know why but I think her new coach sucks... I just have a weird bad feeling about him immediately when I saw him. :shrug:

yes I know what you're sayin,he doesn't have the most sympathetic face,he looks kinda arrogant,reminded me of Brad Gilbert..but you know what they are sayin,looks can be deceiving..

Dexter
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
My impression was that he was more of a fanboy. He seemed more as though he wanted Ana to win instead of making it happen for Ana by improving her game. Anyway it's just the beginning... I wish it works out well for them.

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not really overwhelmed by this victory, but under circumstqnces it was a good win. The match was all about Ana. I thought she really served well... she even didn't have AS much problems with her toss as in AO. Her FH however is such a mess... just sad to watch. What used to be her greatest weapon is now the most obvious weakness. Thank God she got it going more towards the end of the match.

The forehand is very inconsistent.. and I agree that she still can't relly on her best shot, which is sad.. :sad: But there were some improvements..

About the coach.. I don't know.. I liked his behaviour.. let's see how things go with them.. I guess we should give him time to prove he is a worthy coach.

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I like her coach,don`t know what you saw him doing wrong
He was giving her support but he was calm,and Ana needs to be calm during her matches
Ana seems to get along with him very well so I also hope it will work out well for them
Anyway is she playing her next match on Wednesday?

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I like her coach,don`t know what you saw him doing wrong
He was giving her support but he was calm,and Ana needs to be calm during her matches
Ana seems to get along with him very well so I also hope it will work out well for them
Anyway is she playing her next match on Wednesday?

I guess so.. Ula Radwanska and Camille Pin are playing tomorrow.. so Ana has to play on Wednesday..

blueskye
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:41 PM
A good result but not a great match. Some classic shots, but as I said in a previous thread, she needs a plan B when her original game is'int working. Good luck :)

azdaja
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
again i didn't see the game, but i'm glad she won and i hope that the more optimistic among you are right and there are signs of improvement.

ajde!

lilimi
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM
My impression was that he was more of a fanboy. He seemed more as though he wanted Ana to win instead of making it happen for Ana by improving her game. Anyway it's just the beginning... I wish it works out well for them.

same impression for me.
ana was awful today, i couldn't stand it. her "game" reminds me of sharapova's. i stopped watching at the beginning of the second set. her coach should force Ana to CONSTRUCT POINTS. i'd rather see Ana being calm, constructing points and lose than seeing her with so much presure and going crazy with her fist pumps.

OC521
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Is Ana's Israeli born manager in Dubai?

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM
same impression for me.
ana was awful today, i couldn't stand it. her "game" reminds me of sharapova's. i stopped watching at the beginning of the second set. her coach should force Ana to CONSTRUCT POINTS. i'd rather see Ana being calm, constructing points and lose than seeing her with so much presure and going crazy with her fist pumps.

Did we watch the same match? Ana's strength was never point construction.. And yes, I agree that she didn't do much of it today.. but much better than her previous matches.

And I was just going to comment that I thought she had toned down her fist pumps.. she only really did them at important moments.. :scratch:

Sure.. it wasn't a perfect match.. Ana made a lot of ugly UEs, went to the net after terrible aproach shots.. The UE were terrible, sure.. especially with her forehand, which was still extremely inconsistent. But people, we can't expect her to show up and play well. Truth is, Ana has been sucking bad for the past 8 months.. any good play or improvement she can show should be a good sign. Point construction is great, and I have been saying for a long time that's what I most want Ana to learn and aply to her game.. but if she can't have any stability even in her confort zone, in her attacking "I hit hard" game, how can we expect her to show anything good in a game she is still learning to play? Still.. maybe my standarts or my expectations were very low, but I thought she actually tried different things.. some to better and some to worse results.

We also can't expect her to work with a coach for less than 1 week and see all that improvement.. maybe the guy is not that good.. As I posted in the coach thread, he didn't coach any of the players in his resume to anything close to their best tennis.. and I still wonder what were Ana's other options.. but I guess we should give him at least a bit of time.

dybbuk
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I didn't watch, and I don't know what to believe. One group of her fans says this is the best she's played in a while, and the other says she played average, to be generous. :tape:

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Izzy :hug:
That match wasn`t pretty but i think Kleybanova is very tough,especially mentally she just won`t melt down :help::lol:
We have said even before this match she is not the player that match Ana very well
Yes she hit a lot of stupid errors but come on she was playing against girl who beat her in AO and first matches of every tournament are always tricky
And finally she did win today so she must have done something good :)

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I didn't watch, and I don't know what to believe. One group of her fans says this is the best she's played in a while, and the other says she played average, to be generous. :tape:

I watched the entire match and I'm getting confused myself! :lol:

I mean.. obviously Ana was not Roland Garros 08 Ana.. or Indian Wells 08 Ana.. but hey.. we're dealing with a serious slump here.. and IMO she did play a lot better than any match this year. She was extremely agressive.. and that was her goal, for what she has been saying.. with time, I have faith that will turn into controlled agression. She had some awesome winners.. and if we remember well, Ana barely had any winner in the first set against Kleybanova at the AO. She won 86% of her first serve points, which is quite good. And it's the first match since Linz that she has more winners than UEs. But, yes.. she followed a winner, with a terrible UE... the forehand, once her strength, was not reliable at all.. she served at less than 50%.. she went to the net after terrible aproach shots... the points were rather short, with either winner or unforced error to finish it, mostly Ana's (42-40 to Kleybanova's 16-20).

Maybe I just expected her to lose.. and since she won and I actually saw some improvement.. more agressive, better length of shot.. I'm satisfied for now.. There is definitely a huge margin for improvement.. Ana is still nowhere near her best, and she probably won't beat Serena if they face each other in the quarters.. but she is moving foward, and everything I saw in this match tops anything that I saw in Brisbane and AO.

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Izzy :hug:
That match wasn`t pretty but i think Kleybanova is very tough,especially mentally she just won`t melt down :help::lol:
We have said even before this match she is not the player that match Ana very well
Yes she hit a lot of stupid errors but come on she was playing against girl who beat her in AO and first matches of every tournament are always tricky
And finally she did win today so she must have done something good :)

Completely agree Jelena.

We also have to consider that Kleybanova is not a good match up for Ana. She played ok today, it wasn't that she played that bad.. she was hitting hard and flat, like Ana hates.

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Something I wanted to comment and haven't done it yet..

The crowd was so vocal supporting Ana, it was great. I always feel happy and proud when I see that Ana is a crowd favorite everywhere she goes. There was a moment my livestream got stuck and I could only listen for a couple of points.. I knew Ana had won one and lost the other just for how the crowd reacted: cheering loud for the point won and with an quiet oohh for the point lost.

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Completely agree Jelena.

We also have to consider that Kleybanova is not a good match up for Ana. She played ok today, it wasn't that she played that bad.. she was hitting hard and flat, like Ana hates.

I really think this is the key
She just killed Ana`s rhythm and she was playing every single shot on Ana`s backhand
I would be very surprised if Ana ever beats her or a player similar to her very easy
Although she had so many opportunities to break her sooner in second set, many chances like 0-30 that she did not use but...
And first matches are never a good sign of someones form and with seeing her play 2 matches in Fed Cup and this one today she is definitely playing better than AO and Brisbane
I know it`s not much but we have to start somewhere :)
Also Morita defeated Anna Chakvetadze today and Ana totally destroyed her in Fed Cup

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I really think this is the key
She just killed Ana`s rhythm and she was playing every single shot on Ana`s backhand
I would be very surprised if Ana ever beats her or a player similar to her very easy
Although she had so many opportunities to break her sooner in second set, many chances like 0-30 that she did not use but...
And first matches are never a good sign of someones form and with seeing her play 2 matches in Fed Cup and this one today she is definitely playing better than AO and Brisbane
I know it`s not much but we have to start somewhere :)
Also Morita defeated Anna Chakvetadze today and Ana totally destroyed her in Fed Cup

Again agreed. Let's hope Ana can build on this win today and play better next match. And then if she wins, even better at the quarters, and so on.

дalex
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Ana played great, especially considering for how long she has been slumping. She's not the player who'll not make errors. Since Kleybanova likes to hit hard and flat and play fast I expected more errors from Ana, but she was strong, served well (make that GREAT with all those aces, sometimes couple in a row! :eek:), played well off the ground... It's a pretty fast surface and you should expect Ana to do well here. Obviously, her draw is not an easy one but she can go far, me thinks...

Still not a fan, but thought you might like to hear an outsider's opinion. :)

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Ana played great, especially considering for how long she has been slumping. She's not the player who'll not make errors. Since Kleybanova likes to hit hard and flat and play fast I expected more errors from Ana, but she was strong, served well (make that GREAT with all those aces, sometimes couple in a row! :eek:), played well off the ground... It's a pretty fast surface and you should expect Ana to do well here. Obviously, her draw is not an easy one but she can go far, me thinks...

Still not a fan, but thought you might like to hear an outsider's opinion. :)

Thanks Alex! Very nice to hear from you!

I'm also glad to read your opinion, it makes me think I'm not that crazy.. :lol: I mean, it wasn't such a bad match IMO, as some people are saying.

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you Alex,i really started thinking i didn`t see the same match as the others

дalex
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I quite enjoyed the match, some great shotmaking there. And looking at the stats it's obvious Ana wanted to dominate which shouldn't be that easy to do against someone like Kleybanova. She made it look easy 'cos IMO the winner was never in doubt. But don't get me wrong, I don't think Ana played like we know she can, 'cos Kleybanova had some really poor games, especially at the end of both sets. I personally can't wait to see Ana against Serena if they both reach QF...Remember, Serena was supposed to be injured in Paris. :lol:

Also, the court speed is making me a bit worried for JJ, but it's not like I expect her to win the tourney so...:lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I quite enjoyed the match, some great shotmaking there. And looking at the stats it's obvious Ana wanted to dominate which shouldn't be that easy to do against someone like Kleybanova. She made it look easy 'cos IMO the winner was never in doubt. But don't get me wrong, I don't think Ana played like we know she can, 'cos Kleybanova had some really poor games, especially at the end of both sets. I personally can't wait to see Ana against Serena if they both reach QF...Remember, Serena was supposed to be injured in Paris. :lol:

Also, the court speed is making me a bit worried for JJ, but it's not like I expect her to win the tourney so...:lol:

Jankovic has a very nice draw.. and she showed improvement in Paris. She was moving much better.. I believe she won't have much trouble to reach the semis.. then she needs to be more agressive off the ground and go for a bit more while serving. Also, she needs to stop with the mental walkabouts. The court does seem fast, but remember that JJ usually does really well at the US Open, which has a very fast hard court.

As for Ana and Serena.. as I said since the beginning, I never expected Serena to withdraw from Dubai. And I fully expect her to beat Ana like 6-3 6-2.. :sobbing: Ana is playing better, but still needs a lot of improvement to be able to beat the top players. Less errors with the same agression and better point construction.

jelenacg
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Jankovic has a very nice draw.. and she showed improvement in Paris. She was moving much better.. I believe she won't have much trouble to reach the semis.. then she needs to be more agressive off the ground and go for a bit more while serving. Also, she needs to stop with the mental walkabouts. The court does seem fast, but remember that JJ usually does really well at the US Open, which has a very fast hard court.

As for Ana and Serena.. as I said since the beginning, I never expected Serena to withdraw from Dubai. And I fully expect her to beat Ana like 6-3 6-2.. :sobbing: Ana is playing better, but still needs a lot of improvement to be able to beat the top players. Less errors with the same agression and better point construction.
She spent too much time with Ana in Fed Cup :lol::lol:
Since Dinara lost to Serena 6-0 6-3 ,that 6-2 6-3 score is just fine by me :lol: NOT
It`s still a long way until she plays Serena ,and as i remember she has Jie in her draw:tape::tape:

дalex
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Anyway this is the last chance for both of them to find their games 'cos soon come those mandatory tourneys in IW and Miami with loads of points to defend. :scared:

I'm off to bed, Jelena is first up tomorrow morning. :(
Good night, everyone.

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Anyway this is the last chance for both of them to find their games 'cos soon come those mandatory tourneys in IW and Miami with loads of points to defend. :scared:

I'm off to bed, Jelena is first up tomorrow morning. :(
Good night, everyone.

Good night Alex. Always great to chat with you! ;):kiss:

bruce goose
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
As for Ana and Serena.. as I said since the beginning, I never expected Serena to withdraw from Dubai. And I fully expect her to beat Ana like 6-3 6-2.. :sobbing: Maybe this puts me in the small minority,but I almost never hope for favorites such as Ana to avoid the top players.I only wish this for less-talented favorites who have no Grand Slam potential .You can never BE the best by avoiding the best.Would Steffi Graf have hoped to avoid Navratilova in draws?I seriously doubt it,and she wouldn't have become #1 if she'd held on to that attitude.Granted,Ana might take some beatings in the short term,though the right support team can help her learn from her shortcomings.

Let's not forget,as talented as Serena is,she's rarely as unbeatable as she was in the AO final.That was a special level even for her;SW has her OWN moments where she struggles with consistency and a top opponent can stop her.We saw this when Henin gave her 3 Slam-tournament ass-whuppings in 2007.When Ana is on her game on CLAY,she can kick Serena all over the court,and gaining such a win could also be a big confidence-booster for Ana:cool:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
She spent too much time with Ana in Fed Cup :lol::lol:
Since Dinara lost to Serena 6-0 6-3 ,that 6-2 6-3 score is just fine by me :lol: NOT
It`s still a long way until she plays Serena ,and as i remember she has Jie in her draw:tape::tape:

Jie might play Serena in the third round.. so it's either her or Serena.. not both.. :lol:

But yeah.. I guess 6-2 6-3 is not that bad.. :lol::sobbing:

gaviotabr
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Maybe this puts me in the small minority,but I almost never hope for favorites such as Ana to avoid the top players.I only wish this for less-talented favorites who have no Grand Slam potential .You can never BE the best by avoiding the best.Would Steffi Graf have hoped to avoid Navratilova in draws?I seriously doubt it,and she wouldn't have become #1 if she'd held on to that attitude.Granted,Ana might take some beatings in the short term,though the right support team can help her learn from her shortcomings.

Let's not forget,as talented as Serena is,she's rarely as unbeatable as she was in the AO final.That was a special level even for her;SW has her OWN moments where she struggles with consistency and a top opponent can stop her.We saw this when Henin gave her 3 Slam-tournament ass-whuppings in 2007.When Ana is on her game on CLAY,she can kick Serena all over the court,and gaining such a win could also be a big confidence-booster for Ana:cool:

Ana when on her game, can beat anyone at anytime and anyplace.. even more so on clay, which is her best surface. The thing is.. right now Ana is improving, but she still isn't on her game. Let's see what happens though..

And I don't want Ana to avoid the best players.. I have been wanting Ana to play Serena for quite a long time now.. I just wish it could happen when Ana is stable and on her game. She has some road to cover until that happens.. I believe she is moving foward though.

DownTheLine21
Feb 17th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Hmmm...I wasn't able to see the match, so I'm not sure what to believe about her performance. Nonetheless, I'm extremely pleased that Ana dispelled Kleybanova in straight sets.

jelenacg
Feb 17th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Dinara :eek::eek:
I was thinking that she wasn`t playing very well for a while even if she had a good results but today :tape:
This was sad to watch ,12 DF :help:
I think no one expected Sveta and Dinara to lose before Ana :lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Ana will play Camille Pin tomorrow. Urszula Radwanska took the first set in a tie break, served for the match at 5-4 in the second set, but blew 2 match points. I don't really know what happened, but after that she didn't win a game. Pin won the second set 7-5, and was leading the third set 2-0 when U-Rad retired.

Ana will have to be patient as Pin will probably bring everything back.. but good thing is that Ana should have a good look at second and first serves.. I'm hoping for some return winners.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Dinara :eek::eek:
I was thinking that she wasn`t playing very well for a while even if she had a good results but today :tape:
This was sad to watch ,12 DF :help:
I think no one expected Sveta and Dinara to lose before Ana :lol:

Dinara didn't play any worse than in the early rounds in Australia.. but Razzano didn't choke like Cornet or Makarova.

It was sad to watch though.. She was spraying the ball all over.. :help:

-NAJ-
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Dinara didn't play any worse than in the early rounds in Australia.. but Razzano didn't choke like Cornet or Makarova.

I agree.
She is playing like this for months. Last part of 2008(october, November) was also like this:confused:
I'm not surprised with this result today

jelenacg
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
So Camille Pin
We actually have a thread `Ivanovic's Fist Pumps` in GM :lol::lol:
I expect to read many reasonable and smart comments :haha::haha:

-NAJ-
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
i left comment also;)

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I agree.
She is playing like this for months. Last part of 2008(october, November) was also like this:confused:
I'm not surprised with this result today

I was kind of expecting Razzano to choke or Safina to hit a ball in.. but with the way she has been playing, she would lose one of these matches sooner or later.

And to think she still can be number 1.. and was able to reach a slam final spraying balls all over.. amazing.. :help::tape:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:31 PM
So Camille Pin

I was reading that thread.. I find it so funny that people pick on every single thing to bash a player.. in no time people will find annoying how some player touches her own hair before serving.. :lol:

-NAJ-
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
And to think she still can be number 1.. and was able to reach a slam final spraying balls all over.. amazing.. :help::tape:

That show us that Ana realy need to back her good form and win titles. because is realy shame to permit some players to win titles without real fight on road to title:help:

jelenacg
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I completly understand that some people don`t like it but really to open a thread to discuss it :haha::haha:
I also don`t like many things other player do but as long as they shut up during points they can do what ever they want between the points :lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
That show us that Ana realy need to back her good form and win titles. because is realy shame to permit some players to win titles without real fight on road to title:help:

Ana had some bad luck too.. She gets bad draws like this one in Dubai, and no one chokes against her. I seriously don't think Ana was playing any worse than Safina at AO. Both were playing bad though...

I hope Ana can improve with each match and play her best tennis again very soon.

jelenacg
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM

That is true but i actually blame players between 23-27 years old for this WTA mess
That generations didn`t had a great champions and there for people are mad on younger player with no reason and on WS for taking advantage again for no reason

Davodus
Feb 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
So Camille Pin

ajde :rocker:
i was at her match v kleybanova at AO
and i was ajde'ing with her :cool: :lol:

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
So it'll be Pin. I wonder if Pin will hit more aces than Ana. :lol:

But I fully expect Ana to lose; Pin is not a pushover. :tape:

Davodus
Feb 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
if ana loses to pin :o

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:00 PM
if ana loses to pin :o

She would avoid Serena's bagel

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM
She would avoid Serena's bagel

:lol:

Ana won't get bageled.. it's going to be like 6-2 6-3.. :lol: Or maybe if she is lucky enough that Serena is moving and playing badly like in the first set of her match today, it can be like 7-5 6-2. :lol:

Ana is going to lose to Serena twice in a row, after taking so long to play her again.. :lol:

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Ana won't get bageled.. it's going to be like 6-2 6-3.. :lol: Or maybe if she is lucky enough that Serena is moving and playing badly like in the first set of her match today, it can be like 7-5 6-2. :lol:

Ana is going to lose to Serena twice in a row, after taking so long to play her again.. :lol:

But the point is that Ana will not play Serena. She will lose to Pin.

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Oh.. C'mon..

She might.. but she won't! :lol:

Ana, you better beat Pin! :armed:

The Daviator
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
No shame in losing to Serena, it makes a change from Coin, Paszek, Zheng et al :tape: As long as Ana is taking care of the players she's supposed to beat then she's on the right track.

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
No shame in losing to Serena, it makes a change from Coin, Paszek, Zheng et al :tape: As long as Ana is taking care of the players she's supposed to beat then she's on the right track.

Sure. No shame losing to Serena. And if Ana can make a match out of it, like against Venus in Zurich, she can even get some confidence.

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Let's not even talk about Serena yet. Serena might lose to Zheng and Ana is even likelier to lose to Pin. And give Pin her first ace of the year as well. :rolleyes:

But of course I hope she can beat Pin easily; and I'm hoping for the first bagel since RG. :eek: (Can't believe she didn't serve it out against Vinci)

The Daviator
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Sure. No shame losing to Serena. And if Ana can make a match out of it, like against Venus in Zurich, she can even get some confidence.

Yeah, she can relax knowing she's not the fave, and maybe spring a surprise :p But Pin first, I won't underestimate any opponent of Ana's ever :tape:

-NAJ-
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Pin played doubles today also .

Today she was on court around 4 hours:eek:

Ana will win that match easy:worship:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, she can relax knowing she's not the fave, and maybe spring a surprise :p But Pin first, I won't underestimate any opponent of Ana's ever :tape:

True. With Ana we just never know..

Ana, c'mon! Idemo! Ajde! Vamos! Haide! ... Let's score a win against Pin! :armed:

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Pin played doubles today also .

Today she was on court around 4 hours:eek:

Ana will win that match easy:worship:

Doesn't mean anything. Pin could just stand there and wait for Ana's errors. Remember the letdown against Dementieva last year here after an excellent match against Vaidisova? 8 aces against Nicole. 0 against Lena. I know Lena is the better returner, but Ana also lost after leading by a break in the 3rd twice. I was so scared something similar would happen yesterday, and it might tomorrow. And then we might get the excuse that she didn't know how Pin would play.

Princeza
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM

:rolls:
She just can't, no, no, no.

doni1212
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Let's not get negative guys. Postitive vibes!!

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Doesn't mean anything. Pin could just stand there and wait for Ana's errors. Remember the letdown against Dementieva last year here after an excellent match against Vaidisova? 8 aces against Nicole. 0 against Lena. I know Lena is the better returner, but Ana also lost after leading by a break in the 3rd twice. I was so scared something similar would happen yesterday, and it might tomorrow. And then we might get the excuse that she didn't know how Pin would play.

Yes.. Ana should have won that match against Dementieva. She would play really well... and then make the most stupid shot selection to lose a point.. and the match. But Dementieva is a player that gives Ana all sorts of trouble.. extremely consistent off the ground, hits hard and flat, the backhand CC to Ana's backhand all the time. It's much more of a match up problem..

Pin runs a lot and gets lots of balls back, but she has no pace in her groundstrokes. Ana should also eat her serve.. Let's have some faith.. I don't think Ana will be serving 13 aces though.. but who knows!

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yes.. Ana should have won that match against Dementieva. She would play really well... and then make the most stupid shot selection to lose a point.. and the match. But Dementieva is a player that gives Ana all sorts of trouble.. extremely consistent off the ground, hits hard and flat, the backhand CC to Ana's backhand all the time. It's much more of a match up problem..

Pin runs a lot and gets lots of balls back, but she has no pace in her groundstrokes. Ana should also eat her serve.. Let's have some faith.. I don't think Ana will be serving 13 aces though.. but who knows!

She will serve 13 DFs though. I just know she will. :tape:

Positive...try to stay positive...

jelenacg
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Ana had interview with CNN
Very nice she talked about how difficult it was for her after RG... She was asked what she thinks about JJ being #1 without a GS title and how many people didn`t like it(they just can`t forget about this)she said she understands how that could frustrate Jelena and how Jelena had a great 2008 and she has a potential to win GS
She was also asked about Fed-Rafa rivalry and she said she wasn`t surprised by Rafa and his dominance bc he is very tough mentally and she said it would be great for womans tennis to have such rivalry
They also showed some video of her new photo section in Dubai ,that photos are going to be :hearts::hearts:

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Ooh sounds like a nice interview. Though I am sure her mother will not appreciate her lying. :lol:

Ksenia.
Feb 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
OMG, who on this forum turned the pessimistic mode on? :lol:

InsideOut.
Feb 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
^Me. Worked twice.

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Tomorrow's OOP is out. Ana plays the last day match at centre court:

CENTRE COURT start 12 noon
[5] Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs [Q] Elena Vesnina (RUS)
[10] A Cornet (FRA) vs [6] V Williams (USA)
[LL] C Pin (FRA) vs [8] A Ivanovic (SRB)
Not Before 7:00 PM
[16] K Kanepi (EST) vs [3] J Jankovic (SRB)
[1] S Williams (USA) vs [13] J Zheng (CHN)

Ajde Ana! You better win this! :armed:

gaviotabr
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
OMG, who on this forum turned the pessimistic mode on? :lol:

I think we have a pessimistic tendency.. since ever! :lol:

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:53 AM
i'm always optimistic :rocker:
ajde :hearts:
ana will win easy in straight sets!

i hope serena beats zheng though...ana can't lose to zheng again

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:04 AM
13 aces ties her all time record (I wanted 14 though :() and is the most ever she has served in a 2-set match.

She had 13 aces in a two set match against Mara Santangelo at 2006 LosAngeles.
I just got finished watching the Dubai 2nd round match, Ana played so bad in the first set it was almost funny. Second set was better, but not good enough. It was almost like she showed the new coach both sides of herself with her serving. This match shows how important her serving is. Some of the UE's were among the worst ever from her though.
I had a decent first impression of new coach...until he was yawning after the 5th game of 2nd set.:(
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/281/vlcsnap1867485ug8.jpg

i did like how they made a new graphic just for Ana though:hearts:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/28/vlcsnap1841394zs0.jpg

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I had a decent first impression of new coach...until he was yawning after the 5th game of 2nd set.:(

He was yawning because it was starting to get boring to watch so many aces :lol:

The graphic is :tape:

spiritedenergy
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I just got finished watching the Dubai 2nd round match, Ana played so bad in the first set it was almost funny. Second set was better, but not good enough. It was almost like she showed the new coach both sides of herself with her serving. This match shows how important her serving is. Some of the UE's were among the worst ever from her though.

:lol: I noticed too that he was yawning. He looked bored all throughout and like he was watching tv:tape:

And they showed those graphics about the "inconsistent ball toss" like a million times:haha:

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:47 AM

And you said you thought she played well against Kleybanova at the AO. :scratch: I don't get it... the UEs were as ugly and at AO Ana was not even hitting winners... this time at least she was... I really don't get it... :scratch:

spiritedenergy
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:51 AM
And you said you thought she played well against Kleybanova at the AO. :scratch: I don't get it... the UEs were as ugly and at AO Ana was not even hitting winners... this time at least she was... I really don't get it... :scratch:

i agree i think she played well, not perfect but pretty good. At least she's attacking and not being a pusher;). However she had many opportunities that she wasted, like break points to go 4-0 in the first set and 3-1 in the second, and missed easy forehands.
Also it seems she's not very consistent yet, she has patches with great forhands and bad backhands and then the opposite... I guess the opponents do not know where to play:lol:.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:14 AM
i agree i think she played well, not perfect but pretty good. At least she's attacking and not being a pusher;). However she had many opportunities that she wasted, like break points to go 4-0 in the first set and 3-1 in the second, and missed easy forehands.
Also it seems she's not very consistent yet, she has patches with great forhands and bad backhands and then the opposite... I guess the opponents do not know where to play:lol:.

I agree with you. At least she is attacking and not being a pusher like at AO. Ana "The Pusher" doesn't work.

She is still incosistent... there are ugly UEs.. There was an easy forehand that she netted when she had the BP to go up 4-0 that was just frustrating.. But I just don't get how could she have played well in the third round at AO, hitting the big total of 3 winners in the first set, to 20 UEs.. and have played that bad in the first set of the second round of Dubai, hitting 20 winners to around the same number of UEs. At least she was hitting some nice winners.. I have written lots of times that I don't think she played a great match, but definitely better than any other match this year. There is still a lot to work on, she can and should be playing much better.. but there was some improvement.

That said, I hope she plays much better against Pin. The rallies are going to be longer, and Ana needs to be patient and cut down the UEs.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I'm going to go to sleep.. I hope I can wake up to some good news!

Ajde Ana! :bounce:

spiritedenergy
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:28 AM

Ajde Ana! :bounce:

Me too, i have a bad stomach virus and need rest:sad:

Night:wavey:

bruce goose
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:32 AM

Ajde Ana! :bounce:You see,THERE'S the problem:Your bf is so madly in love with you that you've gotten complacent and think that you can just neglect your beauty sleep:rolleyes:

Still,I hope that Ana gives you and ALL OF US that good news tomorrow:smooch:

jonnyroyale_13
Feb 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM

the first set was embarrassing to watch as her fan, i dont want to think about it again.
the second set some miracle happened at the beginning. she served with power and accuracy and confidence. there are some positive things about the set, all things considered.
Kleybanova was nothing in this match though. I wouldnt give her credit for earning more than 2 or 3 of her games. 2007 Ivanovic might have won 6-1,6-2 or something like that if Kleybanova had played exactly the same. At the Australian Open Kleybanova earned the match. I feel Ivanovic of the past would have been only a little better.
And about the UE's, we definitely disagree, but lets jsut move on to the next match;) This one is over, its a win, yip-yip-yahoo.
I would like to know which matches the coach has watched aside from this one. If hes going to have any affect on restoring confidence to all her shots i guess it will be a while until we can see it. But if this match is his first real study of her though:scared:, then he'll be pulling his hair out like Scott has.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Ok first set.. terrible second. Ana had BPs in every Pin serve and missed with stupid ugly idiotic UEs. The volley she netted on MP 5-4* was the best example.

Stats:

1st set:

15 winners
11 UEs

2nd set

19 winners
25 UEs

Total: 34-36

She is lucky her own serve worked. She will be toast to Serena in the next round.

Dexter
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I had to stop watching at 3 all in the 2nd and I just came back at the end of the TB and maybe it's better that I haven't watched it. :tape: First set was decent after 2 all... but the beginning of the 2nd was PITIFUL.
Serena should humiliate her in this form... but then again it's the QFs... so Errorena might strike again... :tape:

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I got home when it was 5-4 second set
Don`t know how she played but judging from result in first set her head was already in next round
This so like her :lol: i saw 7 aces but how was the ball toss?

bruce goose
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM
She is lucky her own serve worked. She will be toast to Serena in the next round.Even though it's frustrating when our favorite team/athlete performs in a subpar manner,we have to maintain some perspective here;win/loss results aren't NEARLY as important as the BIG picture...which is the question on whether or not Ana can begin to develop a more fluid all-around game.A thousand-mile footpath journey still starts with only one step

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:58 AM
i hope errorena does strike...and winnerana as well :devil:

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
:tape: performance.

:sobbing: Everyone bashing my thread in GM.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I got home when it was 5-4 second set
Don`t know how she played but judging from result in first set her head was already in next round
This so like her :lol: i saw 7 aces but how was the ball toss?

The serve was what won Ana the match. She served pretty well. Some bad ball tosses, not many.. but she just let it fall and tossed it again.. even two times if necessary. So it was ok.

The return just sucked. She was netting and sending wide many returns of Camille's great serve. I imagine how she will return Serena's serve.. :lol::help:

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Even though it's frustrating when our favorite team/athlete performs in a subpar manner,we have to maintain some perspective here;win/loss results aren't NEARLY as important as the BIG picture...which is the question on whether or not Ana can begin to develop a more fluid all-around game.A thousand-mile footpath journey still starts with only one step

This match was a step backwards Bruce. The second set was just embarrassing.. luckly Ana is serving well.. otherwise she would have lost it.

I desperetely want to see improvement.. and I thought I had in the match against Kleybanova.. but I'm starting to doubt it.

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:07 PM
i see improvement in the serve at least
who knows, i think i will continue to hope having a new coach will slowly turn her form around

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
:tape: performance.

:sobbing: Everyone bashing my thread in GM.

:hug:

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
The serve was what won Ana the match. She served pretty well. Some bad ball tosses, not many.. but she just let it fall and tossed it again.. even two times if necessary. So it was ok.

The return just sucked. She was netting and sending wide many returns of Camille's great serve. I imagine how she will return Serena's serve.. :lol::help:
We`ll see maybe Jie can surprise another #1:lol::lol:
I saw two great returns on second serve in tie break from 6-3 to 6-5 :lol::tape:
Good thing is her serve is starting to work so she can have the advantage of first strike and that is for a player like Ana very important
How could you miss that first match point Ana :smash::smash:

bruce goose
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
This match was a step backwards Bruce.

I desperetely want to see improvement.. and I thought I had in the match against Kleybanova.. but I'm starting to doubt it.Boy,you're really missing the boat on THIS one:A single,isolated match can't be a step backward in the broad perspective of long-term planning unless it's a traumatic match such as Novotna's Wimbledon final choke vs. Graf....or a match where a serious injury occurs.We should be looking at how Ana can improve for the next five years,NOT just within this tournament....And QUIT FREAKIN' ARGUING WITH ME:mad:;I need to go to work soon,so debate with your bf instead:p:p:p.......:lol:

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
:help: Look at what the webmasters on Ana's site came up with:

Ana moves into quarters

February 18, 2009 / Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Ana produced another dominant performance as she brushed aside Frenchwoman Camille Pin in the third round of the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships. The eighth seed triumphed 6-2, 7-6 in an hour and 28 minutes and will face either world No.1 Serena Williams or China's Jie Zheng in the quarter-finals on Thursday.

It was another impressive serving performance by Ana, who followed up the 13 aces she hit in her opening match with another seven here. She produced a first serve percentage of 64 and only faced one break point, which went unconverted.

Ana was on top from the very beginning. She scored an early break and added a second at the end of the opening set. Facing world No.104 Pin for the first time, Ana played with great aggression.

The second set was an altogether tighter affair, with Ana missing a total of three break points before the tiebreak.

She gained an early mini-break and closed out victory to record her fourth consecutive win in straight sets.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
:help: Look at what the webmasters on Ana's site came up with:

The webmasters at Ana's web never fail to crack me up.. :lol:

If it weren't for Pin's double fault in the tie break, which was the only mini break Ana could get, they could be still playing..

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
:haha::haha: even the score says it wasn`t dominant
How can 7-6 be dominant?
Another thing,she wasn`t playing well in second set but she still won,she lost many matches last year to not so great players :tape: so every win is good for her mental side(4 wins in a row now :bounce::lol:)
Loosing to Serena is not the same like loosing to Cibulkova,Coin ,Paszek ...

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:32 PM
And Ana was clearly not satisfied herself. She is so classy the first thing she did in her interview was to congratulate Pin for a good fight. But we could see from her face and words that she was not satisfied with her performance.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
:haha::haha: even the score says it wasn`t dominant
How can 7-6 be dominant?
Another thing,she wasn`t playing well in second set but she still won,she lost many matches last year to not so great players :tape: so every win is good for her mental side(4 wins in a row now :bounce::lol:)
Loosing to Serena is not the same like loosing to Cibulkova,Coin ,Paszek ...

No shame losing to Serena.. I just hope she can get a few games.. :tape::help:

This year.. both at AO and Brisbane.. Ana won the first 2 matches and lost in the third. :lol:

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM
No shame losing to Serena.. I just hope she can get a few games.. :tape::help:

This year.. both at AO and Brisbane.. Ana won the first 2 matches and lost in the third. :lol:

It will be the same here :crying2::crying2:
Did they show her coach during the match

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM
It will be the same here :crying2::crying2:
Did they show her coach during the match

I don't remember seeing him.. Saw Scott and Mom though.. Scotty looks horrible without hair.. :tape::lol:

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I don't remember seeing him.. Saw Scott and Mom though.. Scotty looks horrible without hair.. :tape::lol:

Yes he does :sad: ,and i always thought he is cute:)
On the other hand Dragana always looks good

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM
i didnt see the coach either
just saw scott and ana's mother

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Yes he does :sad: ,and i always thought he is cute:)
On the other hand Dragana always looks good

i was standing next to her in brisbane watching ana's practice
and that woman is so classy :lol:
she is also really tall, she was as tall as me (in heels) and im 6ft 2

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
i didnt see the coach either
just saw scott and ana's mother

I think Croft said he was there, consoling her.

One positive from this match...she held easily after losing that match point at 5-4...at least she's not crumbling mentally.

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM

That is one tall family :lol::lol: her father is also very tall,he is taller than Ana

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I think Croft said he was there, consoling her.

One positive from this match...she held easily after losing that match point at 5-4...at least she's not crumbling mentally.

That was good.. She would usually get broken after missing break points in some matches in the past. Let's see if she keeps it up..

The thing with Ana is to focus and cut down the UEs.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM

There is a recent pic of Ana and mom in Australia.. both wearing flats.. and they were both about the same height. She is tall!

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:11 PM
That said I loved the second serve ace she served at deuce in one game, a slice out wide, completely Serena-like that one. :lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
That said I loved the second serve ace she served at deuce in one game, a slice out wide, completely Serena-like that one. :lol:

That was pretty nice! She should use more of that serve.. wide with slice.

Who would have thought!? The serve is saving Ana! :lol:

Trixie
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Inside-out, didn't you make a thread predicting this match would go three sets with Ana losing? If she exceeded expectations why create that other thread? Hppefully Ana will play better in her next match against Serena ( I hope). .

-NAJ-
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Congrats Ana.
Now beat Serena. You can do it :)

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Inside-out, didn't you make a thread predicting this match would go three sets with Ana losing? If she exceeded expectations why create that other thread? Hppefully Ana will play better in her next match against Serena ( I hope). .

Don't worry Trixie, Inside-Out is a good fan. He is just frustrated by how Ana played in the second set.

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Don't worry Trixie, Inside-Out is a good fan. He is just frustrated by how Ana played in the second set.

Yes, and how she aggravated my stomachache. :sad:

I made the prediction that she would lose because it was the worst-case scenario; I knew she wouldn't thrash her like everyone was saying - like they were saying she would trash Vinci and double-bagel Mauresmo :tape: Camille is no pushover. But I also made the 'more embarrassing' thread because I genuinely was just so disappointed that Ana did that. From the moment I saw her struggle to return Pin's serve, I had a feeling she would get aced. But not on second serve. :help:

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm watching Jankovic now.. :help: WTF is happening with the top seeds of that half? :tape:

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm watching Jankovic now.. :help: WTF is happening with the top seeds of that half? :tape:

Too funny :rolls: To think that Ana might go further than either Jankovic or Safina in Dubai :lol:

But Kanepi also led Loit 6-2 3-0 last week and lost 2-6 6-3 6-1 so we'll see. I hope she keeps this up.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Choke alert from Kanepi.. she totally got tight.

Ana never get such chokers! :sobbing:

Jelena is playing a bit better.. but still..

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Choke alert from Kanepi.. she totally got tight.

Ana never get such chokers! :sobbing:

Jelena is playing a bit better.. but still..

I was thinking that too...Arvidsson, Kanepi...all of them have the same game and same choking mentality against Jelena.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I like JJ.. but what a choke from Kanepi!

I wish I knew serbian to know what Jelena says.. she talks all the time! :lol:

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I was thinking that too...Arvidsson, Kanepi...all of them have the same game and same choking mentality against Jelena.

Yes.. that service game at 5-3 was quite something.. she could barely get her serve across the net...

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I was so sure she was going to choke.. but Jankovic was just much more eager to hand her the match. Those 2 last UEs.. :o

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
JJ :eek::help::help:
What was that??
Is it me or she is much slower this year
I really taught Kanepi would choke but Serbian sisters just like to give matches :rolleyes:
I really agree with that commentator Kanepi did her homework very well, she totally destroyed JJ`s serve ,played most of the points on her FH ,I can`t believe first Ana looses to some fat girl in AO and now JJ :o:mad:
And to think she had a good draw

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM
that was odd
kaia tried to choke
but JJ wouldn't let her :lol:

why am i still awake :o

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
JJ :eek::help::help:
What was that??
Is it me or she is much slower this year
I really taught Kanepi would choke but Serbian sisters just like to give matches :rolleyes:
I really agree with that commentator Kanepi did her homework very well, she totally destroyed JJ`s serve ,played most of the points on her FH ,I can`t believe first Ana looses to some fat girl in AO and now JJ :o:mad:
And to think she had a good draw

I also thought she looked a lot slower than last year. IMO Jankovic is one of the best defensive players ever.. but now she is not fast enough to reach balls she used to and not strong enough to hit bullets with her groundstrokes. All that mexican training got her in a limbo.. she is losing her strength without getting a steady agressive game. JJ has always been so consistent, and she was making just too many errors.. it seems that she still isn't used to her new arms and legs.. Or she has been spending too much time with Ana and decided she wanted to suck too. :help::tape:

I'm always a bit upset when all these top players lose.. I find much more exciting if the quarters was a match between JJ and Kuzzy.. than Kanepi vs Vesnina.

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I also thought she looked a lot slower than last year. IMO Jankovic is one of the best defensive players ever.. but now she is not fast enough to reach balls she used to and not strong enough to hit bullets with her groundstrokes. All that mexican training got her in a limbo.. she is losing her strength without getting a steady agressive game. JJ has always been so consistent, and she was making just too many errors.. it seems that she still isn't used to her new arms and legs.. Or she has been spending too much time with Ana and decided she wanted to suck too. :help::tape:

I'm always a bit upset when all these top players lose.. I find much more exciting if the quarters was a match between JJ and Kuzzy.. than Kanepi vs Vesnina.

agreed, even though i don't like jankovic, i prefer to see the top players battle it out with some drama than for people with lesser rankings and history against eachother play later in the tournament

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Do you have a stream for Serena-Zheng? I want to see how either of them are playing.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Do you have a stream for Serena-Zheng? I want to see how either of them are playing.

Both playing really well..

http://en.justin.tv/vipsportss

Ana will lose 6-1 6-1.

jelenacg
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yes, i guess they`ve both decided they want to suck :lol::tape:
Ok you can loose a match but in one moment she was loosing 6-2 4-0 and that is a big deal
All credits to Kanepi but it`s sad when you see she is moving and positioning for the shot better than JJ :tape:
And her serve has always been bad but she had speed to compensated that
I`m not a big fan of her game but this is sad
I only hope that those things she did in off season will help her in the future bc now they are only doing damage and it`s not looking very promising

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I've found a stream myself thanks. :)

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I want Ana to play Serena. I don't want Ana to loose to Zheng again.. :o

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Ana could hold serve a few times if Serena is missing her returns.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Ana could hold serve a few times if Serena is missing her returns.

Yes.. she has made some UEs.. but some great winners also..

I keep thinking about Ana returning Serena's serve though.. :lol:

Davodus
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM
maybe they will both get their good play out of the way today :p
(perhaps a little too optimistic)

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Jie is just playing incredibly.

gaviotabr
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Jie is just playing incredibly.

Yes.. it's a very good match.