PDA

View Full Version : Serena is simply becoming one class act

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:00 AM
I have been nothing but impressed with how classy Serena has been this U.S. Open so far.

She has just been simply gracious to everyone around her. From her interviews, to her kind words about Morariu and Safina and to her usual humble comments abou big sister, I can only smile myself at what a great young woman she has turned into.

You know what, say what you will about Serena, but she has definitely matured into a fantastic world No. 1 player.

J_Migoe
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:30 AM
She is maturing into a very beautiful and gracious champion.

the cat
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:55 AM
I agree! :D Serena, when she's in fine form, is the most devastating female tennis player I have ever seen! :eek:

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:01 AM
She's been a class act, I just think that people's perception is changing.:) What I am amazed at is that I've never ever seen a Women as "Stacked"as Serena play tennis before. Everytime I see her in that new outfit, I keep thinking DAYUM.

Er.. sorry I got off topic a bit.. yeah Serena is a class act.:)

the cat
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Stacked, Dawn? Do you mean upstairs or downstairs? ;) Probably both! :D And she can run fast, too! :bounce:

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Honeychild she is stacked UP/DOWN and Back and Front, she is built like a Curve that is round in all the right places.

irma
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:39 AM
go serena :bounce:

aussiefan83
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:37 AM
ive always thought the sisters were really nice and polite off court and this event is starting to look like another williams grand slam- the way they have started anyway.

Raisin
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Yay, Go classy Serena "The Body" Williams.:kiss:

Aylafr
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:27 AM
She's always been classy, but she's maturing into great champion, sweet and respectfull. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaah, I am so happy, because two years ago, so many were saying Venus and Serena would never make it.

Love-seles
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:00 AM
well she hasn't lost yet,of course she's going to be nice in that situation, but wait until she loses,
a whole different Serena, the sisters are not good losers.

Williams Rulez
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Right, thanks... next.

Yeah, Serena is such a classy girl, love her! :kiss:

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Oh really love-seles? I suggest you grab a tape of Serena's loss to Chanda Rubin in LA and think again before you make statements.

And as for you dawn marie are you telling me something about you I did not know? :p

Aylafr
Aug 29th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Well, actually, if anyone had that tape, I really would love to see that !!!!!

Chanda Rubin rulz !!!!!!!!!!!! Ooops, sorry. :o

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Well, she really is a class act now.
Maybe class is directly proportional to winning.
Now I can surely say she is sincere with her praises towards her opponent.
As for Venus, She's picking it up.
As for their Dad, she still an idiot though a great coach.

mishar
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Don't know what love-Seles is talking about.
After Venus lost to Monica in OZ, she was only gracious, saying she hoped Monica won the tournament, etc..
Serena was very gracious after her loss to Schnyder, and Henin and Rubin.

In the past perhaps a few unnecessary excuses, but she's grown up a lot now... she is a true CHAMPION! (And what a tennis player!)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 29th, 2002, 03:50 PM
it's amazing to watch her play! :D but that outfit.. :o

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Well, she really is a class act now.
Maybe class is directly proportional to winning.
Now I can surely say she is sincere with her praises towards her opponent.
As for Venus, She's picking it up.
As for their Dad, she still an idiot though a great coach.
by queenlindsay

OMIGOD AM I IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY???? QueenL has actually something nice to say about serena!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

QUEENLINDSAY
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Well, I'm not selfish enough to give praises to where it is due. and give curses to whoever deserves it.
Like others said, she has a lot of excuses before specially in loosing a match. But as of now, I noticed that she is changing.
I guess thats what winning is doing to a player. You are actually becoming more secure of what you can do and what you cant do.
I still dont like the sisters though. lol!!!!!

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:20 PM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_0826_052.jpg

a perfect example of Serena's class :)

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Jakeev all I stated was how nice of a body Serena has. I am confident in myself , to be able to do that.. LOL

It doesn't matter who you are or what one may prefer, Serena's body is bling blinging. No one can deny that, whether one is Martian, Alien, or Human. LOL

Oasiatic
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Lol@Dawn Marie :)

Tplayer
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:18 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/34.gif
I completely disagree.
I donít see any class iminating from Serena what so ever.
She is still extremely arrogant even more so than the average tennis player.
She still doesnít give credit where credit is due.
When she lost to Chanda, a fellow African American, all she could do it make up excuses and say how rusty she was.
She never once gave Chanda credit for out playing her.
Anyone can be a gracious winner but its how you lose that really counts.
Until we see a little humility and tennis etiquette come out of the Williams camp Iím afraid class and Williams should not be used in the same sentence.

CC
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Red Yeye.

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Tplayer - I SAW Serena's post-match after that. She said Chanda played 'fantastic'. How much more credit is she supposed to give her. In fact, Serena said that she herself played WELL, and that Chanda played fantastic.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Here we go with another hater with rose colored glasses. Obviously you're biased because you're not speaking the truth. Really to have to distort and warp reality just to attack the william sisters is quite pathetic.

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:48 PM
"She had to play great tennis to beat me,'' Williams said. "Anyone to beat me has to play great, so, obviously, I think she played really, really well. She did great.''

That's the actual quote from Serena's interview after the LOSS to Chanda at L.A. Not a shred of modesty in it, God knows, but she certainly gives Chanda credit for winning. Serena made NO excuses for losing in that tournament. When she pulled out of Toronto, she didn't blame the knee for her loss in L.A. She got beat.

Jericho
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:51 PM
some people like, Tplayer, refuse to accept the facts...its just ridiculous, not once did serena make an excuse and until you give facts then your wrong...

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Fuck that fool! They don't give a damn about Serena and her class, they only want us to get of topic. Just by their comment alone we know they are hatin' cause they are ignorant. Nothing at all to do with Serena. :)

Now where was I, oh yeah.. Off topic as well... " that outfit, that body".. Whoa! LOL

I liked how Serena and Corina left the net together during Opening Night. Serena said nice words to her, and Corina smiled back. Nice.:) I mean come on,Corina came back from crazy odds, and she played Serena pretty darn good. Well done ladies.:) But that OUTFIT.. omg, man I would kill for that booty.

Tplayer
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:35 AM

AnDyDog621
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:49 AM
ANYWAY... Serena should keep what she is doing and act like a world champ.

Jericho
Aug 30th, 2002, 02:24 AM
Tplayer,
first you say she didnt give her credit...we proved you wrong...and you say she made excuses...we proved you wrong again...now you say she isnt modest...
it is obvious that you're completely obsessed with them if they are in your own signature...you rather say negative things towards other players than positives about your fave...
i find it hard that you still believe all those things you say because there is proof that she isnt a"no-class arrogant bitch" isnt so open your eyes, you're just in denial...

Williams Rulez
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Sigh, his glasses are so tinted it is not worth it to try to let him see the light.

griffin
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Poop-stirring.

Best response: "profile" + "add to ignore list"

Jakeev
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:59 PM
mmmmm hmmmm dawn marie i know you want some of that heheheh:kiss:

Terri77
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:38 AM
Yoohoo Dawn...what's the deal?

Serena is a true champion!

:kiss: