PDA

View Full Version : Austin gossip about Jelena

Rollo
Aug 29th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Tracy Austin mentioned how Jelena was having "personal problems" during the match but didn't give details. About an hour AFTER the Dokic match she had this juicy little morsel-

Tracy said that at LA Dokic was seen on her cell-phone before the Rubin match in tears having some long conversation. Then she goes out and does what Rubin calls a "semi-tank".

Can anyone fill in blanks?

All the other stuff(Dad and Serbian politics) aside, I hope Dokic gets some rest. She looked burnt out today vs. Bovina,who played a good match-but not THAT good. Today was another wake up call to reduce her schedule. Maybe one day she'll get it.

Sam L
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Apparently she had a fight with her boyfriend. It's amazing how much the men in the lives of these tennis playing women control their careers. They've had so much influence on the outcomes of matches.

mishar
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:28 AM
It appears that:
There is tremendous financial pressure on the Dokic family. She is involved in a big lawsuit with her ex-management and the whole establishment.
She has played injured on and off all year
She has no home in Yugoslavia to live in.
Her father is threatening to move to Britain.
Now she has gotten involved with a controversial politician.

hugetennisfan
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:42 AM
There is tremendous financial pressure on the Dokic family. She is involved in a big lawsuit with her ex-management and the whole establishment.
She has played injured on and off all year
She has no home in Yugoslavia to live in.
Her father is threatening to move to Britain.
Now she has gotten involved with a controversial politician.

That is an awful lot for a 19 year old to have to deal with. Hopefully she can find some stability in her life.

Rollo
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Thanks for filling me in folks.

King Aaron
Aug 29th, 2002, 12:33 PM
thanks, but if you go to her forum and read the thread called 'Jelena's performance in LA SF' you'll find out some more I guess. Or maybe it'll just be the same info