PDA

View Full Version : Yes!! Schiavone beat Dementieva!

rhz
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:56 PM
I really like her style, i watched her live in San Diego, she is one of my favourites now! she is a great shotmaker!

DEETHELICK
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Poor Elena.

She is injured and had her left knee strapped. She wasn't getting to balls that weould do normally and was also not putting enough power on her serves. Add 14 DFs.

I hope she gets better soon!

the cat
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:15 PM
DEETHLICK, if Elena's knee is bothering her, why did she play so many tournaments this summer? That was poor scheduling on her part.

It's time to face facts. Elena Dementieva doesn't have what it takes to be a champion. And that's a shame. She had an easy draw and blew it to a player who has some talent. But Schiavone should not be able to beat Elena on a hard court. Elena has played badly all summer. She just continued that pattern today. :(

DEETHELICK
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Maybe the problem was instigated during a tournament or through doubles??

I just saw a few clips and she was slicing a lot on the BH side, and we know that is not Elena's typical style.

This is a GS, so maybe that pressure in itself was the reason Elena continued to play? It could also help explain some abysmal losses.

Elena REALLY needs a coach. Mother can stay - WITH a coach!!!!

ALPHA
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:09 PM
well, you shouldn't forget - despite being Italian - Schiavone's favorite surface IS HARDCOURT, she's no clay courter or something, no retriever

add Elena Dementieva not fully confident about her game and health - playing with a minor injury - under the pressure of recent early exits . . . here you have a loss

franzit
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Francesca is a player good for all surfaces(except perhaps the grass). Untill now she got best results on clay (quarters in Rome and Paris last year) ,but also on hard courts she showed to be able to play (she beaten Seles,Clijsters and Danilidou ,for example).Now,after Dokic loss,she has a good draw and may take advantage of it. She's surely the Italian hope for future...
at moment perhaps she don't have same complete game of Farina ,but she is already much much better as mental attitude.

fammmmedspin
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Well done Francesca. I don't know if Elena was injured - apart from the doublefaults she just looked outplayed to me - but Francesca was really in zone. Thats one video tape to keep. The first point of game eight second set was a mini-classic and the final point was pretty well up there too. Francesca seemed to have got into Elena's head with all those long, long rallies, crazy angles and spins and amazing gets - really great combination of skill and determination and patience - poor Elena chucked her racket at the net at one point and completely forgot to change ends at 6 all in the tiebreak. Pity crowd in NY was quite small, but they seemed to appreciate what they were seeing. Hope she can keep it up.

Beat
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:02 AM
GO FRANCESCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jadore
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:22 AM
have you heard the way schiavone grunts, it sounds like a car going past you. ie. "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!

Benny
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Wooohhhhhhoooooo!

Well Done Francesca:bounce::D!

Atleast one of my favs won today!

-Sonic-
Aug 29th, 2002, 10:38 AM
her grunts are the coolest part of her game, the bestest of the best part is that they're really late, like my own. you're almost ready to hit the ball again by the time you've done ur grunt.