PDA

View Full Version : WWW Threads

SOA_MC
Jan 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Would it be possible to have sub forum in GM like the one for doubles for WWW threads?

It can be annoying when there is 5-6 of them on the first page

ViennaCalling
Jan 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Add it in this thread:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364977

I think a Sub-Forum including WWW-threads about hypothetical match-ups and real matches would be a good idea.

Slutiana
Jan 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Or you could just not read them...

SOA_MC
Jan 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Most of them I don't but their still on the first page bumping other threads down

justine schnyder
Jan 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
good idea, I support :yeah:

drake3781
Jan 18th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I don't support that - to me they are a key benefit of the forum - we can get good info on matchups including about players we like and players we know nothing about.

Peak so and so vs Peak so and so - those are useless for day to day learning.

Half or more of the Serena stuff should be moved to her forum.

But the WWW: it's good data in my opinion.

Golovinjured.
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:22 AM
WWW threads are good, but mods needs to police it.
Some matches warrant it, others don't. Only interesting, potentially close match ups should have them, not like;

WWW? S.Williams (USA) vs J.Moore (AUS)???

(for example)

iGOAT
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:48 AM
WWW threads are good, but mods needs to police it.
Some matches warrant it, others don't. Only interesting, potentially close match ups should have them, not like;

(for example)
Well cause it's Ree yeah. I think like "(Whitehead or Muller etc.) versus (the latest opponent)"

But all in all they're fine...

Golovinjured.
Jan 18th, 2009, 04:40 AM
No, not just cause it's Ree.
WWW? Moore vs (anyone TOP 20)? would just be a waste of space.

Sectumsempra
Jan 18th, 2009, 06:44 AM

Moore

SOA_MC
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Add it in this thread:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364977

I think a Sub-Forum including WWW-threads about hypothetical match-ups and real matches would be a good idea.

Yeah I support that :yeah:

Maybe after the AO the admins could consider breaking GM into different sections for example have a General WTA section for tour news, articles etc. and a Scores section for scores, hypothetical match-ups, WWW threads etc.

I don't support that - to me they are a key benefit of the forum - we can get good info on matchups including about players we like and players we know nothing about.

I don't know what your on about :shrug: I didn't say lock or delete them

Dave.
Jan 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
I have another request. Could the No.1 threads about Jankovic and co. please be deleted or merged into one big thread so people who still want to discuss it could do it in there. It's so boring now with the same things being said over and over again and they are just clogging up GM now.

Ferosh
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
How about a "Red Light District" sub-forum for all those useless "Who's Has The Hottest Tits?" threads.

Lunaris
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM

There is no useful data in those threads in fact. People will just post who they think will win and usually their choice is based on who they like/hate more. All in all the WWW threads are absolutely useless.

Kart
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
So you want a WWW forum, a hypothetical matches forum, a scores forum and a news articles forum (?)

Where do 'who's hotter player X or player Y ????' threads fit into the equation ? :confused:

Shoulderpova
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM
God, some people are damn demanding. Just be content with what you have :)

Demska
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
I agree. ^

If you go into so much detail, lets have a sub forum for matches results, fashion threads, etc.

get the hint GENERAL in the title

iGOAT
Jan 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
So you want a WWW forum, a hypothetical matches forum, a scores forum and a news articles forum (?)

Where do 'who's hotter player X or player Y ????' threads fit into the equation ? :confused:
I fully agree Kart.

They are getting too spoiled.

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:17 AM
If we're having a subforum for all of these, you may aswell add a Serena subforum. :shrug:

Yasmine
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
I have another request. Could the No.1 threads about Jankovic and co. please be deleted or merged into one big thread so people who still want to discuss it could do it in there. It's so boring now with the same things being said over and over again and they are just clogging up GM now.
If you think some threads should be merged because there are too many on the same subject I suggest you report them (the first post). Giving the link to the threads to be merged would greatly help.

There is no useful data in those threads in fact. People will just post who they think will win and usually their choice is based on who they like/hate more. All in all the WWW threads are absolutely useless.
I personally think most of the threads in GM are useless and the few of them that could lead to some interesting discussions just get ruined pretty quickly.:o

And yeah if there was to be a subforum about WWW, GM would just turn into a page of subforums, which I don't think is what most people want of it i.e. a section with a whole bunch of subjects related to tennis.

Lunaris
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
I personally think most of the threads in GM are useless and the few of them that could lead to some interesting discussions just get ruined pretty quickly.:o
Ban all trolls and they won't get ruined. :p

Yasmine
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Where would the fun be if they were all banned? :awww:
:devil:

Lunaris
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Where would the fun be if they were all banned? :awww:
:devil:

Yeah, the eternal question... fun or interesting discussion?

Kart
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Actually, the real question is: who defines what is interesting ?

The answer, of course, is obvious.

Yasmine
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
-> surely not the guy in your avatar Kart. He is scary, he would lock everything down :scared: :bolt:

Lunaris
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Actually, the real question is: who defines what is interesting ?

The answer, of course, is obvious.
Interesting as not entirely stupid, pointless and hostile.

SOA_MC
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
O.K. I see this is not happening so I'll drop it for now :devil: but still I think GM does need to be organised a little bit better

May I ask, other parts of the forum have been tweaked recently, was there any thought given of tweaking GM at all?

If you took a poll of users most will say it needs to be

I fully agree Kart.

They are getting too spoiled.

Do you have to be everywhere? :rolleyes:

Kart
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Interesting as not entirely stupid, pointless and hostile.
Well again it seems the answer is fairly simple.

I'm not going to support penalising posters for talking about who's hotter (for example) just because it's not exactly pushing the upper limits of intellectual discussion.

Hostility is an interesting thing to tackle - of course, the simple answer to threads that are trying to incite fighting is to not post in them and they quickly drop out of sight.

Strange that no one ever seems to do that :confused:.
O.K. I see this is not happening so I'll drop it for now :devil: but still I think GM does need to be organised a little bit better

May I ask, other parts of the forum have been tweaked recently, was there any thought given of tweaking GM at all?

Much as I'm interested to hear posters' opinions, they have to make more effort than voting in a simple poll to show they're really committed to a GM change.

There's no point in sub-dividing if everyone is going to ignore the sub-forums - a classic example is the repeated posting of livescoring or player forum material in GM by posters that should know better.

I read countless complaints about threads being moved out of the GM forum into other forums because every poster thinks their thread is specially relevant and should be in GM so that more posters can see it.

That all has to stop.

Instead of presenting a vote, the posters in GM should demonstrate they can use current sub-forums properly before asking for more.

iGOAT
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:14 AM

Do you have to be everywhere? :rolleyes:

I was kidding :lol: But I do think it's a bit much :unsure:

Am I one of those trolls for that thread :awww::sad:?

Lunaris
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Am I one of those trolls for that thread :awww::sad:?
For many threads actually. :tape:

iGOAT
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
For many threads actually. :tape:
OK then...