PDA

View Full Version : dokic is in big trouble!

iluvtrent
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:05 PM
3-6, 1-4 vs Bovina:(

Infiniti2001
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:26 PM
My heart is aching for the kid, because something tells me that there is trouble in her life... <sob sob> Who was/is her WTA mentor?? They need to take her a side to find out what is up with her:sad:

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Damn!! I want Stephanie v Jelena in the third round so, it will show on TV!! :sad:

I don't think I will see Stephanie v Elena on TV!! PFF!!

Vincent
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:30 PM
AlexSydney, you were wrong!:)
Elena beat Jelena 6-3 6-2.

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:32 PM
So? I knew that already...

barmaid
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Very lethargic performance by Dokic today...she seemed disinterested most of the time...Ho! Hum!:rolleyes: You never know which Jelena is going to show up anymore...a couple of weeks ago she played focused tennis and made her usual good ground strokes against Martina Hingis (however Marti is not up to par herself these days) however she played well enough to win..then had to pull out in her next match..so she could still have an injury??:confused: But kudos to Bovina who played an excellent match!!:D

barmaid:wavey:

veryborednow
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:07 PM
I didn't think she played badly, Bovina just played much better

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Dokic crumbles in second round at U.S. Open

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Fifth seed Jelena Dokic's U.S. Open campaign ground to a halt in the second round when she was knocked out by Russian Elena Bovina 6-3 6-2.

It was a lacklustre effort from Dokic, who had reached the fourth round here the last two years but came to New York this year nursing a hamstring injury.

But Dokic refused to blame her early exit on the injury.

"It wasn't a factor today," the 19-year-old said. "It was one of those days where I wasn't hitting well. I just wasn't a hundred percent with my shots, missing a lot and not moving well. It was a combination of everything that didn't go right."

Dokic became the highest women's seed eliminated from this year's U.S. Open after committing 29 unforced errors. She lost her serve four times in the one-hour match played under cloudy skies on the Arthur Ashe stadium court.

Bovina, who fell in the first round on her U.S. Open debut last year, kept applying pressure as Dokic failed to get her trademark baseline game into gear.

As Dokic tamely surrendered the match by sailing a service return long, a jubilant Bovina raised her arms to acknowledge the cheering fans.

"I just found my rhythm from the beginning and tried to make her (Dokic) play," Bovina said after avenging a three-set loss to Dokic at Indian Wells in March.

"I think I felt pretty comfortable out there."

The 19-year-old Bovina, ranked 61st in the world, will face Frenchwoman Stephanie Foretz in the third round.

yahoo.com

Gonzo Hates Me!
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Wow, I can't believe she has lost

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:07 PM
veryborednow, did you see the match? :rolleyes:

Underdog
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Tracy Austin said on the broadcast that she believes Dokic's poor performance is due to "personal problems". She said that Dokic just let balls pass her without even trying for them.

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Because of her father?! :confused:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see Jelena turn up at a tournament for more than 1 match at a time :(

auntie janie
Aug 29th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Jelena did turn up; I believe she was ready to play. But when she saw it was going to be difficult -- Elena really was playing amazing tennis!-- Jelena's inner resources just crumbled. Right now she seems like a very fragile person existing very close to the edge of a nervous breakdown. IMO if she had had an ordinary opponent, say an Angie Widjaja, she would have rolled over them. But thinking her way out of the fix she was in was too taxing for her overstretched brain right now.

King Aaron
Aug 29th, 2002, 12:54 PM
:sad: