PDA

View Full Version : USA network says "this may be monica's last tournament"

MonicaSelesFan
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:08 PM
During the opening segment they said she has not entered any fall tournaments and this may be her last.

ZAK
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Maybe they meant her last US Open

treufreund
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Why do they ignore MONICA and only bring her up to say that this might be her last tournament, she might be retiring, she is already 28 (OMG like that is supposed to be ancient), blah, blah, blah. :fiery:

mishar
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:34 PM
This is their wishful thinking. They don't know what to make of her. She's supposed to be ancient history in their way of looking at things -- yet she's a top 5 player

disposablehero
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:39 PM
That's a very good way of putting it, mishar. And of course, Zurich was mentioned. It's too bad that a multi-billion dollar television network knows less about their programming than we do.

JCFan
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Why is there no interview of Monica posted from yesterday?? It seems like this happens a lot. I'm sure they asked her about retirement (again). It has become a seriously boring question. And I agree with mishar, I don't think they know what to make of her still playing great tennis.

selesrules
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:41 PM
From how they said it on TV, it seemed to me that they said something like "Monica didn't enter any tournaments this summer, it might be her last US Open". In other words, they are basing that it might be her last US Open because they think that she doesn't want to play anymore (she didn't enter the summer tournaments) but that she did enter the US Open to give it a last shot.

What they of course forgot is that Monica was injured and this was the reason why she didn't play during the summer :rolleyes:

Jarrett
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:59 PM
The USA Network is run by idiots.

rfs1999
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:35 PM
It could be anyones last tournament!

irma
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:39 PM
it's amazing how much people want monica to go away, if I was her, I would play for another 20 years, just to piss them off!

rfs1999
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:26 PM
LOL

ktwtennis
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Would anyone actually believe that idoit that shouldn't even be announcing tennis at the "desk?" I mean, come on!! GO MONICA AND SHOW US AND THE MEDIA WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!!