PDA

View Full Version : Safina

selesrules
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Can anyone tell me a little bit about her? All I know is that she's the sister of Marat Safin but I have never seen her, can someone post a pic?

Also what is her potential and how is her game (does she hit hard, big serve, net player, fast mover, etc.). Can she trouble Serena?

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:21 PM
http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl43526/photo/saf1502p.jpg

gentenaire
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:36 PM
You can clearly see she's Marat's sister, they look a lot alike. I believe Marat once said in an interview that in the future he'll probably be known as Dinara's brother ;)

selesrules
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the pic. Do you guys think Safina can spank Serena today?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:38 PM
hell no!

...and if she were to beat her, it would not be a spanking

salima
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:43 PM
One day, da today, moskje byth ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:44 PM
She's good, very good but i don't think she's capable just yet of beating the world #1

If you look back in history all new kids have been spanked by the top stars whenever they 1st meet.

Graf did it to Seles, Hingis
Hingis did it to Venus and others

but in time they get better and they end up being the one doing the beating ;)

Dinara is big strong and hits the ball a ton, not as hard as some but she's got the package.

You'll see all the"Marat qualities" in Dinara's play if you know what i mean ;)

tenn_ace
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Dinara has a big serve, powerful groundstrokes and moves very well (she's a great athlete). Dinara is mostly baseliner, but that doesn't mean she doesn't know how to play at the net. Her net game is a lot better that Marat's at her age.

She is still inconsistent, so that her number one troubble. Her number 2 trouble is her head. She is a lot like Marat, mentally is quite weak.

Could she hurt Serena today? I think she could. At her best, Serena is still far superior tennis player, but seeing her match against Morariu, she seems to be a little rusty. So Dinara has a good shot.

Aloysius
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Dare I say it? Dinara looks like a cross between Anna K and Mirjana Lucic. Hopefully, she'll have none of their problems and twice their success. :)