View Full Version : Australian Open 2009

hellas719
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Eleni will play qualies this year at AO:sad:
QR1 vs. Elena Bovina (RUS)
Pame Eleni!!!!!!!!

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Eleni just took the first set over Bovina!!!!!
6-4!!!!
:woohoo:
Pame Eleni!!!!!!!!!!!

Elisse
Jan 15th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Great first set from Eleni!! :rocker2:

Really wish I could see this match!!! :hearts:

Go Go Elenaki!!! :bounce:

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Eleni leads 64 55. She just saved 2 SP's.

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Eleni won!!!!!!!
:eek::banana::worship::woohoo:
64 76
next round vs.King, the 10th seeded American. Go Eleni!!!!!!

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Eleni won!!!!!!!
:eek::banana::worship::woohoo:
64 76
next round vs.King, the 10th seeded American. Go Eleni!!!!!!

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2009, 04:08 AM
That's great news :bounce::bounce: Well done girl! Good luck in next round! :kiss:

merda2004
Jan 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
yeap she won...she will need all the luck she can get in the next round.vania king is a good player.hope eleni stays strong

Danii's Law
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I was there. I spoke to her briefly and she gave me her sweat band. She played really well I thought. She is so nice too. I cant wait to see her tomorrow.

Dorien.
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Great she could win a match :) :)
Good luck in second round! :rocker:

Dorien.
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I was there. I spoke to her briefly and she gave me her sweat band. She played really well I thought. She is so nice too. I cant wait to see her tomorrow.

Great that you spoke to her :cool:
Have fun watching her :)

Princeza
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM

She's always so nice :D
Congrats and good luck for R2 Eleni!

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Good luck Eleni!!! :D

merda2004
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
good luck and stay strong i would say.so how many wins does she need b4 making the MD?
I had a dream that she made the MD and played Sveta K and won.I think i'm 2 optimisti2 lol.Come on lena!

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
oh i really hope this does not happen :o

merda2004
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM
it was just a dream.it may not even happen!lol
So how many more matches b4 a player makes the MD?
1-2?

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
2 more matchs ;)

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
She's never given a wrist band to me, I'm kind of jeleous ;)

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I had a dream that she made the MD and played Sveta K and won.

I had a dream once in which Eleni threw a carton of milk after me or maybe it was vice versa? :confused:

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
wtf? y don't I have dreams about Eleni:shrug:

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM
wtf? y don't I have dreams about Eleni:shrug:

Maybe you do, just don't remember them after you wake up ;)

merda2004
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
hey hellas dont worry!
Ula u should be happy that eleni threw a carton of milk and not something else i.e. Brick or something haha. Veronica thats 4 the info.elisse told me 1st though lol but thank u

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe you do, just don't remember them after you wake up ;)

probably:lol:

Elisse
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:05 AM
elisse told me 1st though lol but thank u

hahahahaha :devil: :lol:

lol merda and his Sveta v Eleni dream ;)

btw - Had a very long dream a few nights ago........all about Jaz!!! lol :eek: :tape: :o

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:15 AM
btw - Had a very long dream a few nights ago........all about Jaz!!! lol :eek: :tape: :o

do tell, please :) Spare no details :lol:;)

Richie's
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Eleni is in a good shape ...

Bette_Midler
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:45 AM

:speakles:

merda2004
Jan 16th, 2009, 06:12 AM
eleni lost u guys
7-6, 2-6, 1-6.
Oh well.next time.hope she works harder from now on.well no eleni v sveta this time.
Hey elisse any dream with
Jaz is a nightmare!

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
It's a pity :sad:

merda2004
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
pitty?hm u can say that!
she needs a good coach!what the hell is she doing not having one?how can u rely on jaz to coach u when she doesnt have the experience?
enough with pampering eleni though!

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Time will tell what happens

merda2004
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
of course but then again....someone must start making all the right decisions!

Bette_Midler
Jan 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
:eek:

oh no :sad:

Bероника
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
oh fuck :bigcry:

Dorien.
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
:sad:

And about that coach thing, do you think that Carlos Rodrigues was a good coach or coach with experience before he trained Henin?

And about all that dreams ;) You are lucky girls, i also want to remember what i dream :p

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
pitty?hm u can say that!

You're right... BLOODY HELL!

merda2004
Jan 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
:sad:

And about that coach thing, do you think that Carlos Rodrigues was a good coach or coach with experience before he trained Henin?

And about all that dreams ;) You are lucky girls, i also want to remember what i dream :p

ha?are u mad?carlos knew exactly what to do with henin's talent!and knew a lot of things!what does Jasmine knows about tennis?
Cant u see that eleni needs a coach to push her to the right direction?dont u remember where other coaches took eleni?to what level?dont u remember that back in 05 eleni beat justine?but....back then she had a good team around her!
so dont even go there with carlos rodrigues etc etc!

Dorien.
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Ok, that's your opinion. Maybe mine is just a different.

merda2004
Jan 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
of course and thats my opinion...its good to have different opinions...otherwise we would be boring!at least i say things that can improve lenas game...i dont just like lena because of a new haircut or because she looks nice!
i am a true fan and i want her to improve every moment...so i say the good and the bad things.
and one of them is that she needs a good coach!

hellas719
Jan 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
shit:sad:. After the first set I went to sleep excited. I even prayed for an Eleni win:shrug:
And the bad part is that Larcher De Brito lost anyways so Eleni would've qualified probably.

about rodriguez, him and justine opened an academy in Orlando, Florida, USA, so I'm not too sure he'll coach Eleni. Maybe he can coach Despina since I pictured her training in Florida, and she is a Henin look-a-like:lol:. They're both readheads:shrug:

Anyways, I'll post article(s)about Eleni.

hellas719
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Eleni only had 1 DF:worship:
tennis24.gr in Greek- http://tennis24.gr/content/view/2299/89/lang,el/
English- http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftennis24.gr%2Fcontent%2Fview%2F2299 %2F89%2Flang%2Cel%2F&sl=el&tl=en&history_state0=
tennisnews.gr in Greek- http://tennisnews.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1588:lena&catid=78:2008-09-28-22-13-45&Itemid=174
English- http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftennisnews.gr%2Findex.php%3Foption% 3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D1588%3Alena% 26catid%3D78%3A2008-09-28-22-13-45%26Itemid%3D174&sl=el&tl=en&history_state0=

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
i dont just like lena because of a new haircut or because she looks nice!

You forgot about her dimples ;):lol: And on more serious note, we all know Eleni is a fighter and we all respect and admire her for her spirit so let's hope for the best. She's ambitious, I'm sure she'll do her best to get back on truck.

Bette_Midler
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM
of course and thats my opinion...its good to have different opinions...otherwise we would be boring!at least i say things that can improve lenas game...i dont just like lena because of a new haircut or because she looks nice!
i am a true fan and i want her to improve every moment...so i say the good and the bad things.
and one of them is that she needs a good coach!

I think Carlos could be a great coach, but probably he is a little expensive to contract, anyway, in the goods moments of our Lena, she worked so good with Ute Strakerjahn, and when she reached her best ranking she was without coach :lol: but she worked with some guy of the greek federation ( I don t remember his name now). Anyway Lenita could see back and try to contact her old and loyal friends as Pato Tarabini for example ;)

Pato Tarabini could help her a lot in my opinion and be a nice also a good adviser of her

merda2004@:hug:

hellas719
Jan 16th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I think Carlos could be a great coach, but probably he is a little expensive to contract, anyway, in the goods moments of our Lena, she worked so good with Ute Strakerjahn, and when she reached her best ranking she was without coach :lol: but she worked with some guy of the greek federation ( I don t remember his name now). Anyway Lenita could see back and try to contact her old and loyal friends as Pato Tarabini for example ;)

Pato Tarabini could help her a lot in my opinion and be a nice also a good adviser of her

merda2004@:hug:

I'm anxious to know the Greek guy:lol:
Hadjigeorgiou?
Kalovelonis?
Rovas?
Peppas?
Charitontidis?

Danii's Law
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone.

I was there again yesterday and I have only just gotten over the defeat. She was very disappointed and didn't even wait for her team before she left the court.
Eleni held a 4 - 1 lead in the first set, and if she had taken that set at 6 - 2 or 6 - 4 she would have won it in straight sets. But she let Vania in and then Vania got all the momentum.
The positives were that she was serving nicely. I see her every year at the open and usually she hits weak second serves and a lot of double faults. This time her served looked good. They were hard and flat. I think sahe must have worked on it a lot in the off season.
Also her forehand was beautiful and she had no problem retrieving low balls.
Vania played amazingly well in the last 2 sets. I can only remember her hitting one unforced error. Nothing went into the net, and she was running everything down.
The worst part is that Brianti beat Larcher de Brito and we all know that Eleni would have destroyed Brianti in the next round.
I was really upset last night because of the loss, but now I'm happy that I got to see her win, and got her band, and spoke to her (in Greek) and also because Bovina was a tough opponent who hit the ball well and Eleni manged a fantastic victory which I hope will give her confidence.
Jaz is ok at encouraging Eleni from the sidelines, but a new coach is needed who can help her translate her game against specific players. Eleni has all the tools. Also if you've ever seen Jaz play you will know she is absolutely terrible. No serve and the worst backhand ever.

hellas719
Jan 17th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone.

I was there again yesterday and I have only just gotten over the defeat. She was very disappointed and didn't even wait for her team before she left the court.
Eleni held a 4 - 1 lead in the first set, and if she had taken that set at 6 - 2 or 6 - 4 she would have won it in straight sets. But she let Vania in and then Vania got all the momentum.
The positives were that she was serving nicely. I see her every year at the open and usually she hits weak second serves and a lot of double faults. This time her served looked good. They were hard and flat. I think sahe must have worked on it a lot in the off season.
Vania played amazingly well in the last 2 sets. I can only remember her hitting one unforced error. Nothing went into the net, and she was running everything down.
The worst part is that Brianti beat Larcher de Brito and we all know that Eleni would have destroyed Brianti in the next round.I was really upset last night because of the loss, but now I'm happy that I got to see her win, and got her band, and spoke to her (in Greek) and also because Bovina was a tough opponent who hit the ball well and Eleni manged a fantastic victory which I hope will give her confidence.
Jaz is ok at encouraging Eleni from the sidelines, but a new coach is needed who can help her translate her game against specific players. Eleni has all the tools. Also if you've ever seen Jaz play you will know she is absolutely terrible. No serve and the worst backhand ever.

Yes. It sucks that LDB lost:sad:.
You speak Greek? You must have Greek roots, right?
And finally, of couse. I have a better backhand than Jaz and I don't even play tennis competitively, just for fun:lol:. I play a few recreational matches a year, but I do no training for them. One of my sisters can be a better doubles partner for Eleni, and they don't even know how to play:lol:

Danii's Law
Jan 17th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah I'm part Greek. It was odd though because I spoke to her in Greek but she would mostly answer in English. Also she says Allez or Vamos on the court which are French and Spanish. I didn't know if I was supposed to say Ella Eleni or Pame Eleni for 'come on', so I'd just say Bravo after each good point.

forever_rafter
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I didn't know if I was supposed to say Ella Eleni or Pame Eleni for 'come on', so I'd just say Bravo after each good point.

I always go for Elle and Pame :) Come on I shout after she winfs some great point and I'm too excited to remember about greek words :)

Bette_Midler
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm anxious to know the Greek guy:lol:
Hadjigeorgiou?
Kalovelonis?
Rovas?
Peppas?
Charitontidis?

I will search the info for you, the only thing I remember, is that he worked to Greek Tennis Federation, and he coached other Greek players

Bette_Midler
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM

I think Jazzy is very important in Lena s life, in my own opinion she is a good girl who try to help Eleni as good as she can and as a support, psychological and emotional, Jazzy it s a clever piece in the team, but could be great for Lenita if she adds a technical coach + a good physical trainer (someone similar to Pat Echeverry). As you said, Danii's Law, she needs a person who can help her to read better the opponent s game, work in tactic and strategy. I always desired to Eleni s coach, Carlos Kyrmair, but as far I know, he is a little ill :sad: he had a heart attack recently, and I dont know if he is able to work full time as coach, hope he recovery soon because he is a great person, he helped alot Gaby Sabatini and Conchita in their careers. I also like Paticia Tarabini as a good option to coach Lenita.

But what we can do?, as fans of Lena, only wish to her the best, we respect her and her own decisions and we support her, and love her always

Vamos Lena vamos :bounce:

Thanks for the lovely report Danii's Law,
do you know if she will play doubles?

Dorien.
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the report :)

forever_rafter
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I think Jazzy is very important in Lena s life, in my own opinion she is a good girl who try to help Eleni as good as she can and as a support, psychological and emotional, Jazzy it s a clever piece in the team, but could be great for Lenita if she adds a technical coach + a good physical trainer. As you said, Danii's Law, she needs a person who can help her to read better the opponent s game, work in tactic and strategy.

I so agree with you on that

But what we can do?, as fans of Lena, only wish to her the best, we respect her and her own decisions and we support her, and love her always

I second that

merda2004
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone.

The worst part is that Brianti beat Larcher de Brito and we all know that Eleni would have destroyed Brianti in the next round.
I was really upset last night because of the loss, but now I'm happy that I got to see her win, and got her band, and spoke to her (in Greek) and also because Bovina was a tough opponent who hit the ball well and Eleni manged a fantastic victory which I hope will give her confidence.

well said!!!i couldnt agree more!
jaz is ok to be a friend and encourage eleni from the sidelines!!!but (there's a but) as u said eleni needs a new coach for all the known/right reasons!
eleni can keep jaz as a friend or whatever...everything but a coach!!!
a few of the suggestions made by betty (for a coach)are fine with me!

merda2004
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
did u see carla beating venus?that was great!!!
very good match.great improvement for carla and her game.good choice to move to spain from her home town in the canaries!
this is what i am keep saying that the greeks should do!then we may cheer for them as well as carla!!!

hellas719
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
very good match.great improvement for carla and her game.good choice to move to spain from her home town in the canaries!
this is what i am keep saying that the greeks should do!then we may cheer for them as well as carla!!!

Yes, but most Greek girls(and boys) quit tennis after 17 or 18. I can name a lot of Greek girls that were ranked in the past few years that were still juniors. There's Agni Stefanou, Nickoleta Kipritidou, Alexandra Sakalaridi, Anastasia Kontratevidi( according to the ITF website she's still active even though she hasn't played since April), etc. It's good to know that Irini Georgatou came back at the end of 2007.

anyways, for the girls that stuck to tennis, the Greeks usually think that the academies in Crete, Rhodes, Thessaloniki and the big one in Athens are good enough. Well, they're not!!!!! A lot of girls that live in Athens just stay there and train at their local club. The ones from non-academy cities/islands should move to Athens and the ones from Athens should take the next step and go to Barcelona, or London, or Monte Carlo, or Paris. Papamichail moved from Preveza to Athens and Gerasimou moved from Kavala to Athens. Those are good, but now that they're older they must take the next step and move abroad. Look at Baghdatis. He moved from Limassol to Paris. Eleni moved from Hania to Thessaloniki to Germany?(btw i think eleni is from thess/niki originally coz of her name). Gemouchidis moved from Athens to Barcelona and was a top 10 junior. Now he's ranked like 1500, but he was injured. Anyways, I am kind of upset that Venus lost, but when Baghdatis played in 2006, that's how we felt:shrug:

Bette_Midler
Jan 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM

I agree, also Carla story is very curious, for sure she was born to play tennis, she discovered the tennis, by a sort of casuality, and a good program of the spanish tennis federation. Real Federacion Española de Tenis RFET, used a program called, tennis in schools, the students, could choice some sport practices, and in Carlas school in canary island, they did put tennis as subject "physical education" haha, then as Carla was tired of others sport because she was and is so good, said to herself, why not I will test tennis, and she loved it. Her teachers realized that she was so good, and encourage Carla s parents, in way to put Carla in Tennis in a serious way. She improved alot so quick in her Islas Canarias, and his first tennis teacher, said to her that she needs to take the next step, go to the "peninsula", go to Barcelona and grow and improve there, she did meet a great team Pro AB Academy

http://www.proabtennis.com/index.asp?jugador=D&Idioma=ES&opc=127&ID=189

and now we know the rest , good luck to Carla :hug:

hellas719
Jan 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I watched her play yesterday and she was really good.