PDA

View Full Version : All first round matches are played, who is the most imprssive so far?

wongqks
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
I think we should start a thread like this every round, coz it is always nice to be able to evaluate and predict what happen in the future rounds by their performance in first round,

I seen a lot of matches this first round, I am most impressive woith Jennifer, she is moving very very well in her match, true she is not given a very good test, but she hit the line very cleanly today.

I actually don't think Venus play that well, she is sort of waiting for Mirjana error but her retireving is so good (which contribute majorly to Mirjana errors) that I still believe she will win the Open this year

Serena looks very rusty in her first round, some say she is not ready in this Open, some says it is her playing against Corina which contribute the fact, we will get a clearer picture when she play Safina today

Lindsay I ahven't seen, maybe someone can comment

Monica is playing okay, she lost a biut of wieght by the look of it, but still she is not moving too well, she still haven't got the sting on her shot just yet in today's match, again we will see in her match against Schwartz which is potential maybe the upset of the tournament I truly hope not, we will get to see a better picture after that round

Martina doesn't look too good, even when she lead the one set and 5-3 up, I feel she is not playing well at all, letitng Irvin back into the match by hitting mediocre shot and at times I felt Hingis is etting up shots for Irvin to hit. She pulled it out this time, but will have a bunch of trouble in later rounds if she continue to play like that

So after round one the odds of winning are ]

1 Venus
2 Jennifer
3 Serena
4 Lindsay
5 Monica
6 Kim, Justine, Amelie, jelena , Daniela, Chanda etc (sorry i didn;'t see their match and only judge by the scoreline
7 Martina

DD
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:35 PM
this stats are dicieving. for example martina is capable of rooting everybody in her draw but as soon as she gets to the 1/4, 1/2 then she get rooted by the same score.

veryborednow
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:35 PM
I thought Venus and Jennifer - and anyone else who dished up 2 bagels

BritneySpearsIsHot
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Venus and Jennifer and JELENA of course, she's looking good

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Hingis will play Serra-Zanetti in the second round... Serra-Zanetti had no power so, I think Hingis will win this round. Who she playing in the third round? Probadly, she will lost in third round if she play a tough player.

lukehingis
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Hingis will have trouble against Seles in the 4th rd. Her 2nd and 3rd rd opponents can't hurt her as they are not power players. 3rd rd shd be coetzer and I don't think coetzer can hurt hingis like irvine did.

I think the last 2 games after 4 all was pretty vintage hingis.

But most impressive. Have to say venus. Playing well and it's against lucic who stormed through the qualifying draw. Venus is for sure the favourite. Plus she looks nice in her dress!

polexia
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:57 PM
i don't think venus' win was that impressive
i mean lucic did make a lot of errors

martina was horrible!!
she was almost rallyin the balls half the time
just puttin it back into the court
occasionally make some sort of angle shot
with how well seles is playin, i doubt she can even take a set off her, althought i would secretly hope for it

i couldn't see much of the matches, just saw the full match of safin and kiefer. but that's definately enough for me