PDA

View Full Version : Dammit! Leave poor Jenny alone!

TeeRexx
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Jennifer Capriati has the perfect right to comment to Richard Williams alleged statements about her cursing on court.
She should be able to publically curse and swear to herself and others whenever she damn well pleases.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020827/capt.1030495700us_open_tennis_xnyf195.jpg

Capriati has earned the right to her freedom by spending time in the lockup because some right wing people in this country will not allow a teenager the privlege to use coke, weed and even grab a few select souveniers when visiting a local department store.

Conservatives like Dawn, Freethinker, CC, Brickhouse, Williams Rules, Sonic and others are always trying to put their Puritian views on poor Jenn and make her courteous like VENUS and SERENA.
That is not Jenn's style or life choice.

I believe that Capriati has the right and privilege to continue to curse, spit, insult strangers, drink, abuse drugs, keep late hours, eat fatty foods, say "ya know" to god's no end, slam rackets on the court and in the stands, put her foot in her mouth during interviews and whatever classless act, general naughtyness and stupidity that she feels like doing because she is America's Sweetheart and the Comeback Kid and what this great country is all about, goddammit.

I am 100% behind Jenn's behavior and I will continue to defend her from that previously mentioned bunch of do gooders who want every woman in the WTA and in general to act like they are ladies and posess some general good sense and manners.

Rock on Jenny. Rock on babe.

Williams Rulez
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:35 AM
LMAO... :)

-Sonic-
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:19 AM
heeheehee

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:47 AM
OMG you are still an idiot.

TeeRexx
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Nim - Do not call Jenn an idiot.
I do not like that. :(

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Tee... Why dont you go back to the overheard at verious tournaments? Some of them were actually funny...

TeeRexx
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Ok, Nim, buddy.
I may do a couple today.
Just for you.

graf630
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Jen should be able to express herself on court any way she wants. It makes the matches more exciting to watch.I like to see emotion from the players.(I am the same way)As long as Jen don't swear AT anyone ,I think she can say what she wants.

And would everybody get over her past.I smoked dope and took other drugs when I was young.How many of us can honestly say we haven't tried something.I am sure Jen looks back and wishes it never happened,but she has learned to live with it.We all grow up sometime(hopefully).It's not like she is Darrel Strawberry!;)

Keep the entertainment comming Jen!!:bounce:

Weevee
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the stalkers club Nim. It is against our rules to call non-stalkers idiots.

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Lousy rules :p

Helen Lawson
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope.

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Than dont go to broadway, Helen.

wongqks
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:10 PM
I appreciate Jennifer which wasn't the case a few months back, I think this girl has the will fire to fight for everything, even in today match, she was so focus during the match.

Most of us swear ocasionjally, and when you are in a heated battle over 30 degrees fighting for your life on the tennis court who can blame her for swearing, as long as she did not swear at other people, Is ee no problem with that. If it is rtue that Ricvhard williams did say that about Jennifer, I will say he should shut his big mouth right now, he is ruining the reputation for his two lovely and classy daughters

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM
btw, Lindsay swears ALOT on court. Nobody cares. Nobody SHOULD care.

DEETHELICK
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:21 PM
I get the post, and yeah it can be amusing (in a totally exagerrated way).

But Jen is her won person. Her own competitor. Jen's most famous outburst came on court where she thought she was clearly wronged, in extreme heat and was playing like shit. Pure frustration.

Now if Richard had played that final in those very conditions, through those extreme situations and behaved absolutely perfect, then I would give him credit.

He isn't even a tennis player, so he cannot judge Jen for the emotions she showed on court as part of being a tennis player. Martina Hingis was also muttering that day, throwing her racket on the ground. Just because she didn't scream it out, she got away with whatever she was saying (and I doubt they were pretty words).

I'm not judging Martina either, I can understand in that intense situation for emotions to flare up.

And Jen has improved, so cut her her some slack.

Jen has NEVER sworn at an staff or linesperson. And until the day she does, I don't find her swearing an offense. Goran calling a linesperson an 'ugly cow' is what you call offensive. Jen hasn't even come close.

And there is no reason for Jen to behave in the way Venus or Serena do. Venus and Serena behave impeccably on court and that is THEIR style.

Jen has always been fiery (even when she was ranked below 100). It's nothing new, it's only cause she is in the public spotlight in a BIG way, that everyone is trying to tear her down.

Go Jen!!! :)

Shuji Shuriken
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:42 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

midora
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Tee you are a straight up nut! Keep em coming.

Can you imagine what the press and public would do to the Sisters if they acted like Jenn. Woo. I am sweating just thinking about. Gotta love the double standard.

Rock on Jen. Keep cursing, keep eatin, keep putting your foot in your mouth.

brickhousesupporter
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:58 PM
This is truly hilarious. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:19 PM
funny stuff.:kiss:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:20 PM
So funny Tee. I agree that I should not push my conservative agenda on the likes of a free spirit like Jen. Young people should be able to smoke pot and crack without being taken to task by the likes of me...:rolleyes:

Sofiane
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Actualy Serena Willaims was playing Parasukya (spelling?) at the french, and she clearly said B i t c h while looking at her oponent, do u think it's right?

Amanda
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:35 PM
LOL!!!

treufreund
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Amanda this is not funny. I don't get the people who claim to stand for justice constantly acting as if Cappy's drug use in the past makes her such a terrible person. The girl was suffering and trying to use that against her is disgusting.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Leave it up to you Dear Treu to justify the behavior of any and all but the Williams girls. I truely question your motives...My parents told me a long time ago that they would forgive me for any transgression barring drug use. Jennifer is not a role model. She is a crass, rude, spoiled 26 year old child.

paigery
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:26 PM
OMG you CAN do two things at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOUTH=typing

roots
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Speaking of child, Freethinker82 you still have a lot of growing up to do. You'll learn in life not to follow everything your parents say and not to live your life according to your parents. You'll learn the value of making your own decisions and making your own mistakes and learning from them. Grow up and than you'll be able to back up what you write!

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by roots
Speaking of child, Freethinker82 you still have a lot of growing up to do. You'll learn in life not to follow everything your parents say and not to live your life according to your parents. You'll learn the value of making your own decisions and making your own mistakes and learning from them. Grow up and than you'll be able to back up what you write!

Thanks but no thanks for the advice. I should ignore a smart woman like my mother but take advise from some faceless username on a message board like you? LMFAO...Thanks but no thanks...Idiot.:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jp
Oh my some Williams fans are so pathetic, i really would not want to be one of them ;) You would pay me I wouldn't want to be part of that "group" ;)

Thank you lord...:bounce: :bounce:

roots
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Freethinker82, who said anything about advice, I was mearly pointing out the obvious which is your lack of maturity. And, by the look and sound of you posts, you have a long way to go.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Great thread Tee...

TeeRexx
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Free - Stop picking on poor Jenny and her fans you ultra conservative you. :)

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 07:25 PM
I know. I am nothing but a David Duke clone...:rolleyes:

paigery
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:22 PM
truly pathetic.......................................... ...........................................

magassi
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Oh no, you're back Mrs. Manners... oops, I mean Teen Rex... and so creative too...

TeeRexx
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Thank you, magassi. :)
I am trying my best to protect Cappy from tight butt conservatives.

vw43
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Freethinker82
Leave it up to you Dear Treu to justify the behavior of any and all but the Williams girls. I truely question your motives...My parents told me a long time ago that they would forgive me for any transgression barring drug use. Jennifer is not a role model. She is a crass, rude, spoiled 26 year old child.

This is totally off the subject, and I apologize but am I to understand from this post that if you were caught drinking or smoking a joint that you would be disowned from your parents? How old are you? So you could sell your body on a street corner and get a pat on the head but if you drank a beer then you would be barred? This is the most ridiculously pseudo-right wing republican bullshit I've heard in awhile.

Tee-Rexx: Keep it coming. Another 2 week break from you would be a thrill. :kiss:

Nice post joy.

Pamela Shriver
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Pfffffffffffffffffffft like Serena & Venus & Jen are ever to be as good as me.

JonBcn
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Ange, has anyone told you recently how you wonderful you are?

Jovon
Aug 29th, 2002, 12:19 AM
LOL, Tee you have undone yourself on this one:)

Originally posted by wongqks
Most of us swear ocasionjally, and when you are in a heated battle over 30 degrees fighting for your life on the tennis court who can blame her for swearing, as long as she did not swear at other people, Is ee no problem with that.

Thats the issue though because Jen does swear at other people.

Oasiatic
Aug 29th, 2002, 12:34 AM
Lol. How amusing!

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by vw43

This is totally off the subject, and I apologize but am I to understand from this post that if you were caught drinking or smoking a joint that you would be disowned from your parents? How old are you? So you could sell your body on a street corner and get a pat on the head but if you drank a beer then you would be barred? This is the most ridiculously pseudo-right wing republican bullshit I've heard in awhile.

Tee-Rexx: Keep it coming. Another 2 week break from you would be a thrill. :kiss:

Nice post joy.

Uhmmm, how f'ing old are you? If you know how to read you would realize that T's thread is tounge in cheek and my post is in the sam spirit...Get a life...:fiery:

Serena y Monica
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sometimes I just have to shake my head in wonder as Jennifer climbs higher and higher on the ladder of stupidity.

God I'm beginning to be embarrased for her and I suppose its a good thing because she lacks the self-respect required to feel embrrasement.

I mean, did she really say "well you see how ignorant and disrespectful that sounds" and this in answer to someone... anyone suggesting she stop using profanity and listen to her father.

So If it's ignorant for him to tell her to stop cursing on court and show respect for her family...how would one label her profanity laced tirades which surely she realizes (please God let her realize)
reflects poorly on those who raised her Unbelievable.

Larrybid
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Not only that, but Jenny said she could mouth off about Venus and Serena but she didn't want to "stoop to {Richard Willaims} level" as if she totally forgot about the interview a couple of montha ago where Jenny is talking out of school about how Richard "scheduled" the sisters in to #1 and #2 and how it never would have happened if Danenport and Hingis were around to stop it.

So let me see if I got this correct becasue "Jenny-World" often confuses me: If Richard Williams talks out of school, its "ignorant and disrespectful" and reflects poorly on his daughters. But if Jenny talks out of school, she's just......well, just being Jenny, and it doesn't reflect poorly on her parents at all. This girl is beyond belief...a shrink could devote his whole practice to her issues.

TeeRexx
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Free, Serenay & LarryB - Give em' hell, guys. :)
All of you are to funny. :)

Er, I mean, stop picking on Jenny and her fans you right wingers.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 29th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Free, Serenay & LarryB - Give em' hell, guys. :)
All of you are to funny. :)

Er, I mean, stop picking on Jenny and her fans you right wingers.

Regular old Newt Gingrich I am...:rolleyes:

To hell with Bill and Hill and the rest of the bleeding heart liberals. Thats why this country is going to hell in a hand basket...Where the hell is Jessie Helms when we need him? :fiery:

Serena y Monica
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I wasn't trying to be harsh...It's just that she is well, maybe she is ignorant. Maybe she doesn't realize that someone suggesting that she show both herself and her family respect can't really be disrespectful.

I mean really how does one open their mouths to call another classless (which by the way...he is) for suggesting that she carry herself with more class?

Ahh well... perhaps it's the "Oh yeah...well, it's like... I'm rubber you're glue" defense.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 29th, 2002, 07:54 PM
I agree that Jenny is not too bright when it comes to the media. She's also inconsistent with her views and opinons, so really I just take what she says as resentment and lashing out.

On the other hand she was in the total right when she rebuked Richard. Her life is none of his business. However, Jenny should realize by now that Richard Williams is CrAzY like a fox or an insane asylum patient, I dont know.

Shane54
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:15 PM
I guess if Tee Rexx has the right to be obsessed about Jennifer on these boards then I guess people should allow Jennifer to swear if she wants.

Serena y Monica
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
JP

Thank you...really puts this in perspective for me. I will try so hard to remember your words (quite witty by the by) the next time Jennifer or Anna say something that is shall we say...oxymoronish.

joaco
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:31 PM
TeeRexx, for a minute there I thought you were being serious:rolleyes:

You really caught me ;)

TeeRexx
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Did I say that I wasn't serious?

:angel:

TeeRexx
Aug 30th, 2002, 01:30 AM
Media continues to pick on poor Jenny because they know that she is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

from MSNBC:
---

NEW YORK, Aug. 29 — Ask Jennifer Capriati about Title IX, and she’d rather talk about tennis. After her 6-4, 6-2 victory Thursday over Tina Pisnik at the U.S. Open, Capriati was asked the usual questions about her opponent, the match and her game. Then someone threw a curveball.

“PRESIDENT BUSH HAS been holding town meetings across the country about Title XI,” the reporter said. “He’s considering changing this important legislation that’s helped women get involved in sports. If you could say something to President Bush, what would you say?”

The 26-year-old Capriati’s reply was a stunner.
“I have no idea what Title IX is,” she said. “Sorry.”
----

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:29 AM
Some of you guys are still picking on por Jenny.

This time because she doesn't know what most American female athletes are aware of and that is Title IX.

Come on. Someone has to be UNknowledgeable.
Leave poor Jenny alone, dammit.