PDA

View Full Version : Let's ridicule Mary Pierce and Arantxa Sanchez Vicario!

disposablehero
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:47 AM
We'll make fun of them, laugh, and tell everyone what a freaking joke they are. After all, much like Anna:

1. They are former Top 10 players
2. They lost in the first round here
3. They have been losing early elsewhere

Of course, I don't think Arantxa has been injured recently like Anna and Mary, and its really not much fun to ridicule someone who hasn't been sidelined with excruciating pain.

ASV
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:46 AM
i appreciate your sarcasm DH, but I was at the arantxa match and Bartoli played LIKE SELES, only better. If you saw some of these balls she was taking out of the air and hitting winners off of, you'd be humming a different tune.

Amanda
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:53 AM
ASV is stil capable of winning a tier IV b tournament.

Dawn Marie
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:57 AM
bad bad analogy. Anna has never won a singles tourney and is still playing on Center Court. Asv and Pierce excelled in their sport.

Come on, Anna is talented, but please..

earthcrystal
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Sadly, dh, your point will fly high over the heads of most. Nice try tho.

THE NET
Aug 28th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Mary, Arantxa and Anna are my favourtie players. They all lost in first round.....thet should have not.

:sad:

Hope they'll bounce back again soon.

:rolleyes:

P.S ASV ....where is your fashio analysis thread?? Please!!!

ASV
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:00 PM
its coming soon the net...i just got back from NYC

GoDominique
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Double :rolleyes::rolleyes: at the disgusting arrogance once again shown by a certain poster, whose only reason to feel being above everyone else is being a fan of the 'classiest' player (and I'm not talking about the thread originator here).

midora
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Sorry but it is a bad analogy. Both Mary and Arantza are multiple GS winners and are on the downside of their career. They are making an inevitable, if somewhat painful transition about of the sport. Ostensibly Anna should be at the peak of her career and getting better but clearly this is not the case. You also can't forget that the fact that Anna has fame that totally outweighs her oncourt accomplishments and that will effect how people perceive her and treat her.

And please don't mention that she was a top 10 player again. She has been restingn on those laurels way too long. There are tons of active former top 10 players with titles who don't get the attention.

Gallofa
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Let's not.

JonBcn
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Why does anybody have to ridicule anyone?

PamShriverRockz
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Ridicule!? Leave that to Pam!

Whatever happened this week -take a look at the history books, their careers speak for themselves.

Monica_Rules
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Bartoli played like seles but better!

Ok Marion played well but not better than Seles she has a long way to go but shes very promasing.

DEETHELICK
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Hmmmm

Mary is in a different league to Anna.

Arantxa is a different league to Mary.

Anna is still young and has time to progress, but she isn't showing progression. Thsi loss was totally inexplicable.

I understand the post, but Anna will be criticised more as she is definitely a part of the future, whilst Mary and Arantxa have achieved so much already.

Pamela Shriver
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:52 PM
The only thing to be ridiculed is me. This is the most stupid thread since BJK said she was God. :p

Sam L
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:28 AM
It's always frustrating to be a fan of "has-beens"

It's unfortunate but all great players head down that path, with the exception of Graf who knew when to quit before she became one.

disposablehero
Aug 29th, 2002, 04:41 AM
I always love how Graf fans pretend she had a choice about retiring.

THE NET
Aug 29th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ASV
its coming soon the net...i just got back from NYC

Thank you so much!

:hearts: