PDA

View Full Version : Kim defends her man!

J_Migoe
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:23 AM
The following is Kim Clijsters first round post-match interview. Some journalists really need to be shot. Can they just leave Leytton alone. Imagine, no questions regarding her match ...but about the man she loves.

K. CLIJSTERS/C. Martinez Granados
MODERATOR: Questions for Kim.

Q. Regarding Lleyton, he has a bit of an image problem in America.
MODERATOR: Any questions about the match?

Q. Do you feel it's a little unfair how Lleyton has been treated with the fine, just in general? Is he a nice guy?

KIM CLIJSTERS: I know he's a nice guy. You have to see it both ways. I think what the ATP did wasn't fair either, so you have to know the both sides of the story. I know if the WTA would come up to me and tell me, you know, a few hours before my match that I had to do a half an hour interview, I wouldn't be happy either.
You have to know both sides of the story before you ask any silly questions, I think.

Q. Why do you think people have a bad perception about him? Why do you think Lleyton seems maybe a little guarded with the press?

KIM CLIJSTERS: I don't know. You know, I don't think that's a question you have to ask me because I don't feel that way about him. Maybe you have to ask some people in the crowd or something, not me.

Copyright 1996-2002 IBM Corporation, United States Tennis Association.
All rights reserved.

No wonder Kim ended her interview early. She shouldn't be handled like that by the US press. How rude!:( :( :(

treufreund
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:26 AM
I don't like the vibe of the New York crowds a lot. :(

Aug 28th, 2002, 02:30 AM
So it was actually Kim who ended it? I thought the media just had no more questions for her because their lack of intelligence prevented them from thinking of tennis related questions

J_Migoe
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Yes! Kim ended it. She was obviously pissed. She abruptly got up and left the building leaving them looking like shit run over twice!

Aug 28th, 2002, 02:41 AM
hahahahahahahaha. Good. They deserved it.

treufreund
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:49 AM
KIM KICK THEIR ASSES! GO LLEYTON WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING AGAIN AND SILENCE THE RACISTS!!!!

J_Migoe
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Who-oooooo!

Aug 28th, 2002, 02:52 AM
It would be nice for Lleyton to win again, but I think I want Kim to win even more now just to shove it up the media

Aug 28th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Has anyone heard more on just how much they pissed Kim off? She's so well liked by both other players and the public....a bad person to have offside.

Dawn Marie
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Classy Kim, interview... You go girl. I like the way she stated those words. :):)

So Lleyton acted like a moron last year, that was LAST year. And why ask Kim about the ATP and him? Stupid Media.

harloo
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Why does Kim have to defend him? It's like she's Tammy Wynette or something Stand by your man. I like Kim, but she should tell them no comment and they will stop asking her about Lleyton.

Lleyton gets on my last nerves, and I don't prefer him. However, Kim is so classy. I guess good girls are attracted to bad boys.:rolleyes:

Mattographer
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Good for you, Kim!! :D

irma
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:58 AM
what do they want her to say? yeah he is an asehole but he is good in certain things so I will not dump him yet? :rolleyes:

Come-on-kim
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Pfff, it was a POST-match interview!!! and no questions about the match!!!!

KaseyL
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by irma
what do they want her to say? yeah he is an asehole but he is good in certain things so I will not dump him yet? :rolleyes:

LOL @ Irma!

such stupid questions, trying to get comments from her, instead of asking questions of her match first!

If you want to read a REAL post-match interview with Kim, please check Classy Clijsters' Lounge, the US Open news thread. (*cough*, a bit of advertising ;))

The Crow
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:15 AM
lol, asking someone about her boyfriend "Is he a nice guy?" :confused: :rolleyes:

angele87
Aug 28th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Kim: You go girl lol

Good for her if she ended her interview early! She's a top ten player and all they can ask her about is her boyfriend :rolleyes: It's a good thing that Kim is such a nice and classy person or else the media would of gotten a right telling off... and they would of deserved it :fiery: