PDA

View Full Version : Players forums not on index page anymore ?

Just Do It
Jan 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
:speakles:

Andreas
Jan 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
That's awful :speakles:

Zamboni
Jan 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
We want to make it like MTF - have links to some of the main forums on the homepage.
It should look cleaner, and hopefully end the discussion of forum order, cause 15 forums will be accessible straight from the main page.

However, when I tried to put the links, somehow it didn't work :rolleyes: I'm gonna contact MTF admins, so stay tuned;)

Demska
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
While your doing it, bring back vbookies too :)

Golovinjured.
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Change it back, there's a reason why MTF isn't as popular. :(

Harvs
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:36 AM
eww this layout is fricking shithouse... anyway we can change it back?

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
The more I look, the more I dislike it :unsure:

Harvs
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:32 AM
it's such a pain to get into the country forums

Hayato
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:44 AM
:) I like it. All the forums are in the same area, it's fair and easy. It's just like entering GM and finding the latest on each player. and it would be better if people used this forum instead of GM to post the latest breath their fav has taken

Golovinjured.
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:49 AM
^^ Your favourites are from random countries, you had to click heaps of times anyway.
Please change it back, I think it's pretty clear most of us don't like it.

Hayato
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
^^ Your favourites are from random countries, you had to click heaps of times anyway.
Please change it back, I think it's pretty clear most of us don't like it.

I had to click once for my 3 main favourites, actually :rolleyes:
Keep it :) People will always find something to complain about whatever is done.

mure
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I think that's a terrible change and will eventually lead to people not visitin the boards anymore.But hey i don't make any profits from this forum so if the administrators and owners are ok with it then no problem..

Rumkin
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I don't like this change :( I often skip by it.

.:sk:.
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I don't like it too :(

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM
it's great :)

leave it like it is now :)

Petkorazzi
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Terrible :help: Please bring the small links under it like on MTF, otherwise I need to make 3 clicks to enter Rest Of The World. :cuckoo: :help:

Keadz
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Quite annoying getting to rest of the world. It is even annoying getting to the Aussie/New Zealand section :p.

Change it back pllleeeaasse!

Ballbasher
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Good change :yeah:

Protoss
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
This change is quite annoying. Please change it back.

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Terrible :help: Please bring the small links under it like on MTF, otherwise I need to make 3 clicks to enter Rest Of The World. :cuckoo: :help:
That is what we are trying to do. I am sure that will be better than it is now.
Somehow it is not working - I contacted truebluefan about it, I hope he will be able to fix it.

Slutiana
Jan 11th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, agreed about the MTF small links. :worship:

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

the small links are great!!!!

but when I click on Poland it goes to Roland Garros 2004 :o :help:

Dexter
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
It's going to be fixed, but it requires some time.

BARBIE
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
but when I click on Poland it goes to Roland Garros 2004 :o :help:

And when I clicked on France I got the message Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator :unsure: :sad:

BARBIE
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
It's going to be fixed, but it requires some time.

OK, thanks for the info :)

But I hope that it gets fixed soon :)

FORZA SARITA
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

:spit:

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
The strangest thing is, I posted the links in a post and in a PM and they were all right:lol:
I have no idea what happened, but I'm sure truebluefan can fix it:angel:

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:52 PM
could you post one for everyone country that has a subforum?

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
could you post one for everyone country that has a subforum?
That would make it too big IMO.

Anyway, I *think* I managed to fixed it now. I checked some randomly, and they all work. Could you guys have a look please?

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
now it seems to work :p

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I did notice one thing but dunno if it's wrong:

on mtf you can click on "more", here you can't click on "And Others…"

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:58 PM
That would make it too big IMO.

Anyway, I *think* I managed to fixed it now. I checked some randomly, and they all work. Could you guys have a look please?

Ok then :)

the And others dosnt work for me, but I dont know if thats meant to be a link :unsure:

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:58 PM
:spit:

I don't know what this is because I don't see that smily :p

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
its a : spit : smily :p

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Others isn't meant to be a link.

SOA_MC
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I clicked on Serbia 30 seconds ago it took me to the The Smashing Israelis forum :unsure:

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:06 PM
its a : spit : smily :p
you can see that smily?

FORZA SARITA
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:11 PM
you can see that smily?

you don't see it:confused:

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM
you can see that smily?

yep :)

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
you don't see it:confused:
nope :eek:

I don't see : spit:, : rocker2: and : inlove: :o

I dunno why :shrug:

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I clicked on Serbia 30 seconds ago it took me to the The Smashing Israelis forum :unsure:
Damn. I'll take a look at that.

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
nope :eek:

I don't see : spit:, : rocker2: and : inlove: :o

I dunno why :shrug:

I see them all :shrug:

Zamboni
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
It takes me to the Serbian Sensations forum:scratch:

gumoll
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I also see Serbian :scratch:...

Demska
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Russia should be first over the USA.

SOA_MC
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It takes me to the Serbian Sensations forum:scratch:

It works for me now, I refreshed the home page then clicked Serbia and it took me to Serbian Sensations, maybe that's the problem for some people

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM
It should be
Russia
US
Serbia

Serbia doesn't have as many players as US

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:11 PM
and france over spain

Rumkin
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Oh this is much better :yeah:

patch.
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
It should be
Russia
US
Serbia

er, does it matter?

ViennaCalling
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:19 PM
It should be
Russia
US
Serbia

and france over spain

OMG :help: :help: :help:

Is it THAT important? :ignore:

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:22 PM

just sayin' :p

I like this new way of doing it though :)

Play_Suspended
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I think others/rest of the world should be a link, as otherwise you've still got 3 clicks or so to get into the desired forum...any reason why it cant be a link?

Oh and i perferred it as it was, i've never liked how MTF have it, before any interesting threads in different country forums caught your eye, now thats one more click away!:p

Just Do It
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Serbia 3rd :drool:

Noctis
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
:cuckoo: Why are we copying MTF?

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I think others/rest of the world should be a link, as otherwise you've still got 3 clicks or so to get into the desired forum...any reason why it cant be a link?

Oh and i perferred it as it was, i've never liked how MTF have it, before any interesting threads in different country forums caught your eye, now thats one more click away!:p

Yes, i totally agree with making "rest of the world" a linc. Other than that, i think everything else looks great and that this was a great idea :bounce:.

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM

I kind of feel like a retard looking back :lol:

Kart
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
:cuckoo: Why are we copying MTF?
They're a well organised, well run forum and they are our sister site.

It seems sensible to take some of their more positive points and apply them here where appropriate.

I'd have thought it would please posters on here that we do that - I frequently read comments on how much they prefer MTF to here.

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
they're run well, but it's such a snoozefest, there's no action

Kart
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM
No action sounds very peaceful - I like the sound of that.

I haven't been there for some time as I get a very hostile reception (can't think why :tape:.)

Maybe it's time to go back.

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
No action sounds very peaceful - I like the sound of that.

I haven't been there for some time as I get a very hostile reception (can't think why :tape:.)

Maybe it's time to go back.
They're nice to me, but it's just kind of boring. No arguing, but not much of anything IMO. A result thread of Federer is like two pages and gets the title changed every round. It's peaceful, but if your bored or looking to chat, don't go there. I go about once a day and that's plenty...Then again I'm kinda over-obsessed here so...

iPatty
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
GM over there is definitely run better. Duplicate threads are merged quickly and they don't put up with a lot of BS. I also like this way with the Player Forums but I would suggest moving it up either just under the General Topics section or beneath Site News. I have overlooked it a few times now while scrolling down. Also add a link to the rest of the world section.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:22 PM
GM over there is definitely run better. Duplicate threads are merged quickly and they don't put up with a lot of BS. I also like this way with the Player Forums but I would suggest moving it up either just under the General Topics section or beneath Site News. I have overlooked it a few times now while scrolling down. Also add a link to the rest of the world section.

:lol: Yeah me to, but i think we'll all get use to the new layout after a few days :bounce:.

WIMBY
Jan 12th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Yes, keep missing it. Bigger icons or colour would help maybe?

louisa.
Jan 12th, 2009, 04:27 AM
^I've missed it a couple times too.
:rolls: This is like when they changed facebook. People initially hated it but you'll learn to love it :inlove:

Petkorazzi
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Please add the link to the Rest of the World. :o

Petkorazzi
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
They have a thread in GM with over a thousand posts just to celebrate every single loss of Novak Djokovic, that's called good? :o

GM here >> GM MTF.

In The Zone
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
^I've missed it a couple times too.
:rolls: This is like when they changed facebook. People initially hated it but you'll learn to love it :inlove:

Or you have no choice but to love it. Difference. ;)

I preferred the old way. Much easier/user friendly.

Golovinjured.
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Agree with ITZ ^
Disagree with Gigi ^^

That Novak thread is legendary, MTF GM is wayyy better.

iPatty
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:26 PM
They have a thread in GM with over a thousand posts just to celebrate every single loss of Novak Djokovic, that's called good? :o

GM here >> GM MTF.

There are more idiots over there who think they know everything but that doesn't mean GM isn't a more controlled place. Of course they don't get many threads about what Serena's hairdo looks like this week because they know that deserves to go in the player forums so they don't have to deal with much of that. I am more impressed with the merging of threads and a much lower number of meaningless result and WWW? threads, it is all seen as rather juvenile over there and I tend to agree.

And about the Djokovic thread, I don't pay attention to it. I mean I go in there to gloat every once in a while (like after he won TMC last season) but most of those people are pretty pathetic anyway.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM

GM here >> GM MTF.

its called fun :p and celebrating his loss, its not only for him
Federer, Nadal, Roddick (Hewitt, Coria have had the same treatment)
its been there at MTF since day 1 and they used to it.

over here it's simply cannot happen without some posters :crying: and name-calling, swearing etc.
you just got to wait until the person you dont like to lose, then you can have your moment.

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:28 AM
Hey, I think you may as well link the rest of the forums on page one. I get frustrated having to go the whole extra way to get to Hungary, and it seems like why not just link it ...

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM
^On MTF all of the forums are on the index, including the rest of world, except Asia but they are trying to fix that:scratch:

iGOAT
Feb 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hey, I think you may as well link the rest of the forums on page one. I get frustrated having to go the whole extra way to get to Hungary, and it seems like why not just link it ...
Can you do this? :o

Ciarán
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
^^
Ireland too please :wavey:

hellas719
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
^Do you mean rest of world? Ireland doesn't have one. You can put in a request for it:shrug:;)

iGOAT
Feb 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
:help:

iGOAT
Mar 4th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Could someone reply? :rolleyes:

hellas719
Mar 4th, 2009, 12:45 AM
^Umm...maybe they are waiting to see what they are going to do, as Greece, Georgia, Portugal, and Slovenia want sub-forums so maybe once they get them then it will be easier to add all of the forums on the indes;). Or maybe not?:shrug:

crazillo
Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
I like it the way it is now.