PDA

View Full Version : Who Is More of A B.A.P.?


Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Pick the B. A. P. on tour!

Fingon
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:35 AM
Well, the tallest is Venus but I guess the biggest is Serena

2284
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:38 AM
What's a B.A.P?

AjdeNate!
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Black American Princess

2284
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Oh, O.K. I'm Australian, so I don't know these things

AjdeNate!
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:03 AM
It's a movie w/Halle Berry - very funny stuff. You should check it out if you can find it.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:09 AM
The movie was ok, but what gets me is that the two ladies in the movie were so NOT B. A. P.S.

I mean just because one is a woman and jewish does not make you a J.A.P

and just because one is black and and a woman does not make you a B. A. P.

Hmm Hey I think Treu and the gang can be G. A. P. S Gay american Princess, :kiss:

AjdeNate!
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Hey, I shop @ the G.A.P. too!

:0

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Alexandra Stevenson

Williams Rulez
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Vee! :D

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
The movie was ok, but what gets me is that the two ladies in the movie were so NOT B. A. P.S.

I mean just because one is a woman and jewish does not make you a J.A.P

and just because one is black and and a woman does not make you a B. A. P.

I didn't like the movie at all and you're so right: Halle and Natalie Deselle were NOT BAPS; they were country bumpkins. :rolleyes:

Good examples of BAPs would be the likes of Karyn Parsons (Hillary on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air") and Jasmine Guy (Whitley on "A Different World").

But I digress...

It was tie for between Serena and Alex but Serena eventually prevailed because she has more money. :)

P.S. Venus is too introspective to be a BAP.

Nimi
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Cybelle that G.A.P thing was so not in place.

Volcana
Aug 28th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Serena is pretty much the '____ American Princess' on the tour period.

She designs her own clothes.
She wears diamonds on court.
She's the best in the world.

The 'Black' is ancillary. If she was a white Jew, we'd be trying to figure how to call her a JAP and not sound anti-Semetic. If she were White, they'd just call her 'glamorous' or something, but it comes to the same thing.

'American Princess' is a style. It comes in two flavors, 'warm' and 'cold'. Serena's a friendly gregarious person. Just imagine if she was arrogant, cold, nasty and distainful; and wore diamonds on court, designed her own clothes and was the reigning French and Wimbledon champ.


Or rather, don't. It's really too awful to contemplate. A personality like that at #1 in the world would be quite unpleasant.

NOTE: Alex is no American Princess. She's just another girl vacillating between shy and funny as she moves into adulthood. 'American Princess-hood' comes with a confidence and sense of entitlement Alex just doesn't have.

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Niminator
Cybelle that G.A.P thing was so not in place.

Niminator, don't take it to heart; cybell was being playful. :) And, being gay myself, honeychild, I know there are LOTS of GAPs out there and even some up in here. How YOU Doin' :cool:

Volcana, I completely agree: Serena is the ultimate BAP but I also disagree: BAPs can be petulant and "female-doggish". :o

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 01:40 PM
http://64.1.162.243/bookimages/large/0/76/790/550/0767905504.gif

Black American Princess: 1 : a pampered female of African American descent, born to an upper-middle or upper-class family 2 : an African American female whose life experiences give her a sense of royalty and entitlement 3 : BAP (acronym) : colloquial expression 4 : an African American female accustomed to the best and nothing less.

P.S. Mashona could be a BAP, too. Didn't she grow up in an affluent Michigan neighborhood?

CC
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Serena is the biggest BAP on tour right now. During matches she wears tiaras in her hair, a $29,000 Harry Winston tennis bracelet, gold shoes, lycra catsuits, proclaims that nothing has changed since becoming No. 1 because she "still has to buy her own diamonds," and ofcourse she is never shy to mention that she is very sexy.

Yes, I think the BAP Award should go to Serena hands down.

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Chanda shouldn't be on that list, even in jest. she is much too classy to be put there.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:06 PM
You can be classy and still be a B. A. P.

GrandSlammed
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Chanda is and should be on that list... and should be voted for too. ;) She is no more or less "classy" than her sistas'. :p

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
You can be classy and still be a B. A. P.

Thank you, cybell, for correcting express!

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:24 PM
the thread made reference to the movie which i happen to have seen. there was nothing classy about the Halle Berry character or her fat co-Bap whose name i can't remember. they were loud, bold, with big hair, overly made up, coonish characters. theu were a throwback to the days of "coon" movies that i thought we were long past.

i still believe that Chanda is no where in that baser league. she is a classy, talented woman. she is not a BAP.

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:27 PM
absolutely! i agree. Serena is BAP thru and thru, complete with the fucking tiara! Venus comes a close second. Alex is third.

Originally posted by CC
Serena is the biggest BAP on tour right now. During matches she wears tiaras in her hair, a $29,000 Harry Winston tennis bracelet, gold shoes, lycra catsuits, proclaims that nothing has changed since becoming No. 1 because she "still has to buy her own diamonds," and ofcourse she is never shy to mention that she is very sexy.

Yes, I think the BAP Award should go to Serena hands down.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by express
Chanda shouldn't be on that list, even in jest. she is much too classy to be put there.


Get the hell out of here you idiot...:fiery: :fiery:

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:33 PM
do you guys/gals ever have the courage to state your honest opinions or do you always just agree with each other?

OK Freethinker, i'm gone. your name is incredibly ironic considering your response to my freely expressing what i happen to think!!!


Originally posted by Freethinker82



Get the hell out of here you idiot...:fiery: :fiery:

Weevee
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:35 PM
I thought JAP was a pejorative term [like Chink and WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Princess)].

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by express
the thread made reference to the movie which i happen to have seen. there was nothing classy about the Halle Berry character or her fat co-Bap whose name i can't remember. they were loud, bold, with big hair, overly made up, coonish characters. theu were a throwback to the days of "coon" movies that i thought we were long past.

i still believe that Chanda is no where in that baser league. she is a classy, talented woman. she is not a BAP.

Blame that on Seles and the movie for misleading YOU. That movie sucked and was NOT about REAL BAPs but about country bumpkins like the Beverly Hillbillies. Halle Berry and Natalie Deselle in that movie would be laughed out of town by REAL BAPS who'd splash them in the face with their Apple Martinis. :cool:

iluvtrent
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Serena's a diva for sure! A BAP, too :smile:

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by express
do you guys/gals ever have the courage to state your honest opinions or do you always just agree with each other?

OK Freethinker, i'm gone. your name is incredibly ironic considering your response to my freely expressing what i happen to think!!!

I take pride in "keeping it real", express. I don't always agree with other Williams fans NOR do I expect them to support my opinions. What I'm really proud of on this board is that I don't create other usernames to state what may be perceived as "inflammatory" comments. I hold myself accountable for my posts. I don't create other names to say what I REALLY think. I say them as ME and if it pisses other people off, so be it! Other members of this board are too cowardly and worry about their reputation (lol) so they adopt alternate identities to do the dirty work. Pitiful. :rolleyes:

Helen Lawson
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:50 PM
I always understood the term to mean someone who is a ditz and who would have nothing going for her without her parents' money or husbands' money. The attitude is what makes it funny because otherwise they are losers. Serena obviously does not fit into this category. I guess I am behind on popular culture.

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Actually, HL, you're right (accurate description) BUT...there is a more modern version of a BAP. Yeah, she's still spoiled but a BAP is now educated, ambitious and independent.

Cybelle Darkholme
Aug 28th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Exactly. The new twentyfirst century B.A.P J.A.P G.A.P and whoever else wants an acronym and fits it are ambitious, educated, independent and knows it. They want the best and demand nothing less.

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:44 PM
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/girlwdog2med.gif

There she goes! :cool:

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:54 PM
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bettyques.gif
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bettytoonTCF.gif

http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bflyques.gif
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bflytoonTCF.gif

http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bohoques.gif
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bohotoonTCF.gif

http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bogusques2.gif
http://www.thebaphandbook.com/images/bogustoonTCF.gif

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Beige: that may be true, i'm not in a position to judge, but what is also true is that most posters don't even bother to participate in any Williams threads bec of having to deal with comments like Freethinker's. after a couple of those it gets real tiring.

and if you're accusing me having been "inflammatory" in my posts, please point it out bec that too is not my style. like you i like to keep it real. i may be more fairly accused of not stating an opinion than on stating one that i didn't genuinely hold.

finally, it's clear that there are at least 3 definitions of a "BAP" now floating around. there's the "country bumpkins" version from the movie, another version defined by cebelle, and now a new and updated model. which one of you is allowed to define who is the real BAP? or can posters respond to any definition they want to?

Originally posted by Beige


I take pride in "keeping it real", express. I don't always agree with other Williams fans NOR do I expect them to support my opinions. What I'm really proud of on this board is that I don't create other usernames to state what may be perceived as "inflammatory" comments. I hold myself accountable for my posts. I don't create other names to say what I REALLY think. I say them as ME and if it pisses other people off, so be it! Other members of this board are too cowardly and worry about their reputation (lol) so they adopt alternate identities to do the dirty work. Pitiful. :rolleyes:

Beige
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by express
Beige: that may be true, i'm not in a position to judge, but what is also true is that most posters don't even bother to participate in any Williams threads bec of having to deal with comments like Freethinker's. after a couple of those it gets real tiring.

and if you're accusing me having been "inflammatory" in my posts, please point it out bec that too is not my style. like you i like to keep it real. i may be more fairly accused of not stating an opinion than on stating one that i didn't genuinely hold.

finally, it's clear that there are at least 3 definitions of a "BAP" now floating around. there's the "country bumpkins" version from the movie, another version defined by cebelle, and now a new and updated model. which one of you is allowed to define who is the real BAP? or can posters respond to any definition they want to?

When I spoke of keeping it real I was responding to YOUR comment here:

Originally posted by express
do you guys/gals ever have the courage to state your honest opinions or do you always just agree with each other?

I wanted to answer you explicitly. I'm not accusing you of anything. Your direct manner prompted my direct reply. That's all.

As for BAPs, the movie used the title to sell tickets; it had NOTHING to do with BAPdom. Again a BAP would cringe at the sight of Halle and Natalie; they're THAT snobby, lol.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Alexandra?! bah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:19 PM
thanks for your reply Beige. i don't own a computer so i am only on here in spurts -- basically when i get a chance to house-sit for friends. but i will look forward to reading your posts in the future bec of your honesty. a number of fans -- not just Williams fans but across the board -- seem to just agree with each other and don't seem to know their own individual thoughts. your individuality is refreshing.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 28th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by express
i don't own a computer

Why am I not suprised? :rolleyes:

express
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:04 PM
so sue me for being a poor student. that doesn't make you smarter than me. i actually find you quite offensive. you call yourself "freethinker" but become abusive the minute anyone dares to disagree with you. why don't you just put me on ignore or just fuck off, whichever comes easier for you? i have no desire to speak with anyone who can't think for himself.

wait a minute, when did they remove your ban?????

sartrista7
Aug 28th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Beige
Black American Princess: 1 : a pampered female of African American descent, born to an upper-middle or upper-class family 2 : an African American female whose life experiences give her a sense of royalty and entitlement 3 : BAP (acronym) : colloquial expression 4 : an African American female accustomed to the best and nothing less.

P.S. Mashona could be a BAP, too. Didn't she grow up in an affluent Michigan neighborhood?

without reading Beige's ever-so-helpful definitions, I would've immediately nominated Serena, who is clearly the bling-bling queen of the WTA. (Alexandra - pfff, she's so ordinary and doesn't want to admit it.) However, neither V nor S were 'born to an upper-middle or upper-class family'... Chanda (I assume) was, but she's so un-BAP it's not true.

express
Aug 29th, 2002, 01:15 AM
i agree. Chanda is no BAP. ;) ;)

Originally posted by sartrista7
... Chanda (I assume) was, but she's so un-BAP it's not true.

Beige
Aug 29th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sartrista7
without reading Beige's ever-so-helpful definitions, I would've immediately nominated Serena, who is clearly the bling-bling queen of the WTA. (Alexandra - pfff, she's so ordinary and doesn't want to admit it.) However, neither V nor S were 'born to an upper-middle or upper-class family'... Chanda (I assume) was, but she's so un-BAP it's not true.

Serena has BAP tendencies but she isn't a real BAP. You're right about Chanda: she's too subdued to be a BAP. If anyone has seen "Clueless", Stacey Dash as "Dionne" is a traditional BAP, the variety that Helen described.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 31st, 2003, 08:02 PM
Beige I disagree you don't have to be "clueless" to be a BAP. Serena is definitely a Self made BAP. She is the new century pull herself up by her bootstraps BAP and not simply daddy's girl using daddy's money like traditional BAPS.

BK4ever
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
Beige I disagree you don't have to be "clueless" to be a BAP. Serena is definitely a Self made BAP. She is the new century pull herself up by her bootstraps BAP and not simply daddy's girl using daddy's money like traditional BAPS.

I love this thread :D

I couldnt agree more. In this new era...self made BAP's are much more interesting than the traditional ones.

Serena is definitely the biggesr BAP.

Chanda has a lil BAP in her as well ;) I won't go into how I know that.

Alex is in no way...shape or form a BAP.

ARealVenusFan
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:02 PM
Are you kidding?!

SERENA, OF COURSE!!!


She's living high life and daring anyone to knock her off her pedestal.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 20th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Serena is the Queen of all BAPS. She is the Uber BAP!

Cariaoke
Mar 20th, 2003, 07:42 PM
*wipes cobwebs off of thread*
Serena is so BAP the older BAPS are jealous of her. Rock on, girlie rock on.

Beat
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:11 PM
BAP is a very bad german band from cologne who have realeased ca. 1000 very bad albums to this dayooooh, shut up! ... ;)

Consistency
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:06 AM
I'll go with Serena, of course for the BAP title. :angel:

I think Alexandra would love to be one though. She has the stereotypical persona of an American Princess.