PDA

View Full Version : Screw Hobart, bring on Australian Open !!!

Pages : [1] 2

Just Do It
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Okay, I am still pissed about Hobart, so I decided to start AO cheering thread already :angel:

:armed:

Daniel K
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Good idea! Hope she flew back to Melbourne today and she's resting up for some serious training ahead.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
yes screw hobart indeed. i hope the heel is okay and jelena can take the time to fix that serve and train hard for melbourne ... cant wait :) im so proud of her match against amelie still - ive realised what good form mauresmo is in at the moment

SM
Jan 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
She Got More Games Than Ana From Amelie, Thats Saying Something

jela_dokic
Jan 9th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I hope dokic will be ok to play the AO ´coz she needs to get some points of that tournament....

Good Luck Jela!!!

Graf~Dokic
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM
How many points will Jelena lose because of Hobart and where does that take her to, ranking-wise??

matty
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM
At least she'll get some money form th AO, which will be nice.

Graf~Dokic
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, a 1st round win brings 100 points, which would do wonders for her ranking. :)

cn ireland
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hope Jelena is fit again for the AO:)!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
She must win some matches in Melbourne. Mentally, she can't afford another early exit.

King Aaron
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:21 PM
She must win some matches in Melbourne. Mentally, she can't afford another early exit.
Very true and with her making that comment about this being her last go at a comeback, it's really really really vital she wins at least a match.

ninanina19
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hopefully she draws Ivanovic :tape:.

Cankarlo
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Ana strats to years generally like this. She played very bad in Exhibition tournament last year too. But look at her Australian open results.

ninanina19
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Ana strats to years generally like this. She played very bad in Exhibition tournament last year too. But look at her Australian open results.

Hopefully she improves at least a bit. Somehow I don't think she will :tape:.

Cankarlo
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I love Ana,but I am wondering more of what Dokic will do in Australian open. It is so important for her. One win can change loads of thingsin her confidence. I can't wait to see the draw.

OZTENNIS
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Bit disappointed that Jelena didn't withdraw early enough from Hobart so that her wildcard could have gone to another Aussie, oh well.

Love your signature, What The Deuce :)

Bring Australian Open 2009 on :armed:

Привет
Jan 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I really hope Jelena can get a great draw in Melbourne. If she could get a win I'd be so happy. :D

So Disrespectful
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I wish I could predict what time and court her first match will be on, so I can buy tickets for it. :p

Belco
Jan 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I wish I could predict what time and court her first match will be on, so I can buy tickets for it. :p

Depending on who she draws it will be on a show court 100% If she draws sum1 from the top 10 or something then rod laver or the other one. They wont put jelena on one of them courts with only a few seats :D

Cankarlo
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I hope Channel 7 shows Jelena's match for sure and we can find a livestream to see Jelena like we saw in Brisbane:drool::lick:

Uranium
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Depending on who she draws it will be on a show court 100% If she draws sum1 from the top 10 or something then rod laver or the other one. They wont put jelena on one of them courts with only a few seats :D

In 2006, she played Razzano and they were on a show court, I think they will put her on one regardless of who she plays, kinda like what they do with Casey, Stosur and used to for Molik since they are Aussies.

nakuuo
Jan 12th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hopefully Jelena can get a relatively easy first round match. One of the other Aussies that received a WC would be handy. If she faces a seeded player i hope it is a player who is not in good form and who Jelena will be able to overpower.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 12th, 2009, 01:50 AM
im going to see her first round match :) i cant wait - fingers crossed for a favourable draw

Golovinjured.
Jan 12th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I hope she's in Melbourne, serving and serving and serving.

King Aaron
Jan 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Hopefully Jelena can get a relatively easy first round match. One of the other Aussies that received a WC would be handy. If she faces a seeded player i hope it is a player who is not in good form and who Jelena will be able to overpower.
Yeah, I'm hoping for an Aussie WC for the first round, some random for the second and a seed for the third.

Just Do It
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
MD should be out in two hours. I also hope she will play doubles ( maybe with Marija Mirkovic since they practiced together ), but I doubt :(

ninanina19
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping for an Aussie WC for the first round, some random for the second and a seed for the third.

She has to have a seed in the first or second round.

Привет
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
A doubles team of Mirkovic/Dokic would be awesome. :D

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
MD in 2 hrs, R U SRS?

:banana:

Hopefully the draw gods are nice to her this time.
Mauresmo, Wickmayer :o:o

Just Do It
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:44 PM
MD ceremony in 15 minutes. ATP first though :o

OZTENNIS
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM
^^^^
Draw ceremony broadcast is available on AO site at this link:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/interactive/radio/index.html

All talking at first before they get down to business

ninanina19
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Jelena plays Paszek.

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Seriously?
I didn't think they said? All I heard was 'tough first round for her'
Good draw I think, anyway.

MilanDokic
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, good R128 draw for Dokic!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Horrible draw, actually.

LindsayRulz
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Winnable first round match for Jelena. Hopefully they'll shedule it on either Rod Laver or MCA so we can watch it here. :)

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Horrible?

Cankarlo
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Remember What Tamia did to Jankovic Last year first round. It is not a safe match for Jelena. But it could be worse than that also. So,we'll see.

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
No doubt it's dangerous, but I'd take Paszek over half of the draw.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Horrible?
Yes, horrible. Paszek is awesome and will thrive against Dokic's pace. Bad draw. :sad:

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Last year, when she stretched Jankovic, she'd just reached the SF in Auckland.
This year, she has not played a lead up match. This will be her first match of the season, and towards the end of last season she could barely manage 3 games in a set.

Mauresmo kept close to Dokic will good defence, getting balls back. Tamira's defence doesn't compare.

Mickey019
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Who are the possible next opponents in R2,R3? Am I fast or what?!:D

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but it's Keothavong/Chakvetadze R2.

Keadz
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
AWESOME DRAW, if she gets past her 1st round...omg, she better not just go and F#$% this up.

ninanina19
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
She could make 3rd round.

Golovinjured.
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Okay, I'm gonna say she'll lose this in straight sets. Dave has shattered any confidence I had. :sobbing:

Freakan
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:13 PM
It's a very good draw. Tamira is very talented and I'm sure she'll be Top10 at some point in her career but currently she's nowhere near her best and is wasting her talent the same way Krajicek and Vaidisova are. Plus, she has a toe injury.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:13 PM
remember paszek is not at her best! she hasnt had many matches and i heard she might have a small injury so i think this is great match and if she can get through it round 2 is very winnable ;)

Huntress55
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:14 PM
This is a good draw for her if she can get through her first match, hope she makes the most of it. C'mon Jelena!

Привет
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Paszek injured and without match practice will hopefully be scratchy and hit a few unforced errors to help Jelena out.

ChinChin
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm really happy about that draw :D Could always have been better, but that's still a pretty winnable first round match if Jelena shows her best game ;)

deepsand
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
i reckon she'll win it.
she played amazing tennis in Brisbane. if she plays that here, she will definitely take it.
and i agree - Amelie had good defence against Jelena and she said she'd been training hard in the off-season, so she was fit and ready for it. if Paszek has this toe injury, i am really doubting her footwork will be good enough at the start of the season. she won't be able to defend as well and Jelena will probably run her around and hit her off the court. she will just need to keep up the aggressive play.
and she will be wanting this SO badly. so im thinking its more about her controlling her nerves and whether she 'overplays' the match.

Harvs
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:14 AM
im gonna say, JD in three:)

AK-DH Fan
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Not the worst first round I mean she could of gotten Venus or Serena or something like that, so we'll see. I'm not lookin any further. Hope we get to watch the match online :)

Uranium
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I like her draw, Tamira is supposedly injured with some kinda foot problem according to Vienna.

doktor
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Not the worst first round I mean she could of gotten Venus or Serena or something like that, so we'll see. I'm not lookin any further. Hope we get to watch the match online :)

You're right, it could've been much much worse... And jelena has played like 6 matches and has been practicing her ass off... so im quietly confident... but just hope she can control her nerves...

So Disrespectful
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM
My heart didn't sink when I read her opponent's name, so it's probably not too bad of a draw.

SM
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:34 AM
good enough draw for me, a 3rd round would be a good start to the year and some nice points...good luck

Babolatpro880
Jan 16th, 2009, 02:03 AM
I can't believe Tamira and Jelena are playing each other :o My two favorite players.

Tamira has terrible footwork in the first place, much less with an injured foot as well. She's quick though, despite the fat that she does carry some extra weight. Pretty easy scouting report though. Hit to her forehand. She likes to change the direction of the ball and go down the line. And her serve is one of few that is in a worse state than Jelena's right now.

That being said, Jelena should certainly make the third round. I tend to expect Keothavong to beat Chakvetadze, although either should be a good match for Jelena. Better than Mauresmo anyway.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 16th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I LOVE Jelena's draw. Paszek is coming off an injury and Chakvetadze si slumping bad. If Jelena can player her game and serve well she could definatly get to the third round.

Good luck Jelena.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Okay, I'm gonna say she'll lose this in straight sets. Dave has shattered any confidence I had. :sobbing:
LMAO. Paszek's a really talented girl, in form or not. She has the kind of game that can trouble Dokic. I'll be extremely impressed if Jelena can pull off a win, that's all I can say.

Just Do It
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I dont know what to think about this draw. I am not sure is she able to beat Tamira Paszek. I checked her scores last year, in she had some really bad losses in October and November. Just remember last year, she had 3 match points against Jankovic in AO R1 :lol:

DokDi
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM
This will be a good test, for sure. It will be very tough, let's hope she can win! GO JECA!!!:D

Ballbasher
Jan 16th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hopefully Jelena can keep her form up :)

IceHock
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
i think pazcek is going to be very rusty, i remember her match where she beat dani in bali in september, she really just played consistently just getting balls back and every once in a while she would hit a winner, i would say the match is on jelena's raquet, if her groundies are like they were against amelie with a few les errors i say straight set victory.

So Disrespectful
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Unlike a few other people, I think Jelena will face a very fit Paszek, she's been rehabilitating over the off-season. One thing that will work to Jelena's advantage though, is that Paszek has little match play or confidence coming into the event. If she's able to really assert herself in the early stages, she can put Paszek away quickly. On the flipside, I don't think Jelena will be shaken if Tamira comes out firing.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:54 AM
i cant wait for the match :) Dokic can win this one

hdfb
Jan 17th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Dokic is 3rd match on Hisense Arena on Monday.

I just bought my ticket. I'm in section 20, the section next to players entrance. :D :D SO HAPPYYY

Golovinjured.
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
^^ HAVE FUN!!! Remember, photos and videos if possible (as always) LOL.

Hisense Arena, which means almost for sure that Australians can see her on TV, be it Channel 7, FOXSPORTS 2 or FOXSPORTS 3!
Don't know about you guys overseas. :unsure:

Before her is Ivanovic-Goerges and Del Potro-Zverev.
Ivanovic-Goerges will be a marathon, no doubt. :o:o

DokDi
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I really hope Eurosport shows this, but I doubt, since Djokovic plays on the same time on Rod Laver.

Actually Fox Sports have not had the right to show RLA/Vodafone Arena matches live in previous years. Hopefully it will not be a problem this year!!

GOOO JEEECA!!:):kiss:

Harvs
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
ill be there:) woo

Golovinjured.
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
With three channels, if they don't show Jelena I will die.
Especially if they show Tomic or someone. :o

hdfb
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Yep it will be on TV for sure.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM
i will be there too :) cant wait

Just Do It
Jan 17th, 2009, 09:57 AM
That is around 4am CET :spit: Oh well, I'll stay up, but hate how Novak and Jelena will be on court at around the same time, which means Serbian channel will show Novak :(

Привет
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Dokic vs Paszek HAS TO BE ON TV. LOL. If it isn't, there is something seriously wrong.

I'm so glad she plays Monday, I couldn't have waited another day.

So Disrespectful
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Looking at photos from today Paszek seems quite out of shape, so there's nothing to worry about in that respect. Jelena will obviously be attacking as usual, but Paszek probably won't get too many of her balls back. In other words, it won't be a frustrating affair as it was against Amelie. I'm more confident that Jelena can do well now.

Come on Jelena!

hdfb
Jan 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
i will be there too :) cant wait

Awesome! See you there? XD

cn ireland
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I think its an ok first round draw for draw for Jelena:)!

I think the outcome is completely in Jelena's hands, if she can play like she did against Amelie she should beat Tamira comfortably.

However if Jelena is not on top form Tamira is more than capable of getting the win!

Good luck JD:banana:!

Uranium
Jan 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I get to watch Dokic tomorrow as DirectTV rocks and will show Hisense arena:bounce:

GeeTee
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Let's hope Jelena has a dream run like her awesome 1999 Wimbledon...

Just for fun ;):

R1 d Paszek 63 63 :)
R2 d Keothavang 76 46 63 :)
R3 d 11 Wozniacki 62 75 :)
R4 d 5 Ivanovic 76 64 :)
QF L 3 Safina 63 67 46 :(

Привет
Jan 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
None of my favourites make me as nervous as Jeca. I am nervous already. I really hope that Tamira can't play her best. Jeca deserves a GS win sooo much.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 18th, 2009, 12:05 AM
None of my favourites make me as nervous as Jeca. I am nervous already. I really hope that Tamira can't play her best. Jeca deserves a GS win sooo much.
I feel exactly the same way. :sad: I have a bad/nervous feeling too, at least usually it's good. I just feel like Paszek's gonna be tough, she likes playing on big courts and she's extremely talented. I think Dokic can win if she really sustains her rhythm and timing, but her serve will also need to behave and help her. She can't get away with too much sloppy play.

C'MON JELENA!!!!! I want her to win so badly, cause she really does deserve it.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 18th, 2009, 12:22 AM
i have great seats for tomorrow - right up the front on the sideline so ill get some nice pics :)

c'mon jelena!

Uranium
Jan 18th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I think Dokic will win in 2, 6-3 7-6(4).
Tamira has a toe injury, and fired her coach again so all her fans expect her to be in a slump again.

Uranium
Jan 18th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Also, it looks like Tamira gained some weight, so Dokic in my mind will win without doubt.

Привет
Jan 18th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Wish I had the same confidence, Casey. ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Paszek has always been heavy but she still moves respectably well. Unless she's still injured, she'll be moving better than people are expecting...

Привет
Jan 18th, 2009, 08:35 AM
It sounds horrible, but I really hope she's still suffering slightly from the injury. :o Or at least not moving that well having not played in awhile.

Keadz
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
OK I am really nervous about tomorrow now. I wish she didn't pull out Hobart so we still knew how she was playing!

PLEASE WIN JELENA!!!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
ajde jeca :)

im excited....

Andy.
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I really want to wish her all the best for tomorrow. A win in a Grand Slam would do her the world of good and would mean so much. I just hope she can pul it off. She has such a great chance to win I just hope she can take her chances.

TeamCaro
Jan 18th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I too am very excited. As a little tike growing up watching the glory days of Jelena and then having her just about completely disappear just when she was meant to peak was extremely dissapointing.
And out of all her attempted comebacks this is the one im most confident of paying off :D

Just Do It
Jan 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Good luck today :banana:

ce
Jan 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
That is around 4am CET :spit: Oh well, I'll stay up, but hate how Novak and Jelena will be on court at around the same time, which means Serbian channel will show Novak :(

JJ is before Novak on same court :confused:

Just Do It
Jan 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
JJ is before Novak on same court :confused:

Who is talking about JJ here ? Dokic should be on court around 04:30 ... just like Novak. Both 3rd matches, and one atp and one wta match before theirs.

deepsand
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
i just gotta say how excited i am - just like everyone else here.
i am so hoping that she wins tomorrow!
*excited!!!*

saniapower
Jan 18th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Dokic will def Tamira Paszek today :rocker2:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 18th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm really excited too... and nervous. :scared: :D AO time is so fun. A Dokic win would make my year! :lol:

OZTENNIS
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Good luck Jelena!
All of Australia and all of Serbia are behind you :bounce:

Harvs
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
omg i cannot wait to see this:) totally lucked out with having hisence arena tickets today wooo:)

Mickey019
Jan 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Yes! Both Serbia and Australia love u and want u back in the top! Prove it that u belong there tonight ( It's 11.20pm in Serbia now,but I will watch your match-hope there will be live streaming ) :hearts: SRBIJA TE VOLI I NAVIJA VECERAS!!:hearts:

Just Do It
Jan 19th, 2009, 05:51 AM
She won 6-2 3-6 6-4 :banana:

Uranium
Jan 19th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I hope she crushes Anna:devil:

or Anne:p

Just Do It
Jan 19th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah, I am following that match now :lol: ^

Sectumsempra
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:02 AM
can somebody tell me what jelena said in the post match interview? :) i missed it :(

Golovinjured.
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:14 AM
This is fucking amazing, I'm so happy.
The outfit was crap, but the earrings were nice. She played crap, but she won.

I just absolutely :speakles:

I could watch this over and over and over again, hopefully it's on youtube ASAP.
I was scared of a Razzano. :unsure:

Just Do It
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:18 AM
This is fucking amazing, I'm so happy.
The outfit was crap, but the earrings were nice. She played crap, but she won.

I just absolutely :speakles:

I could watch this over and over and over again, hopefully it's on youtube ASAP.
I was scared of a Razzano. :unsure:

OMG me too. Especially when she had that 2nd mp and there was that suspicious ball :unsure: Jelena already lifted her arms in the air to celebrate it and i was like ohnoes is that in ....

We need that interview on youtube ASAP.

Just Do It
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Jelena earned 31 000 aus $ for this win :yeah:

Huntress55
Jan 19th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Thats great! Its good to see a win here for Jelena and I hope she can keep it up :D

doktor
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
OMG me too. Especially when she had that 2nd mp and there was that suspicious ball :unsure: Jelena already lifted her arms in the air to celebrate it and i was like ohnoes is that in ....

i was freaking out on that last ball too... but am so fucking happy... c'mon jela blow chakvadatze off the court...

doktor
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
in the chakvadatze thread they said to knock the dok!!

smit101
Jan 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Great win by Jelena, so happy! Very emotional press conference, good on her for being so open. I am guessing she will play on wednesday night on RLA...Good Luck against Anna!

SM
Jan 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
can somebody tell me what jelena said in the post match interview? :) i missed it :(
i was the at the match cheering her...she basically sad
- she felt very nervous atleast two times
- she said she didnt play her best tennis, but won the big points
- she said she is glad to have won because on paper Pasczek should have won
- She said she has nothing to lose versus Anna in the next match and will give it her best
- She thanked the crowd (which IMO was bloody awesome!) and said thanks to the crowd and that she wouldnt have gotten trhough without their help :drool:

btw ---Rada had tears well up in his eyes, as did I. I think Jelena fans as a whole are a great group of fans....we have been patient and all of us have supported her the past 5 years no matter what!! :worship:

If she ebats Chakvetadze I will probly wet myself :lol:

DokicForever
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
great report! I am so happy!! :)

IceHock
Jan 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
that match should no doubt be a night match in wednesday, and if she wins i will go apeshit, like i will be as excited and nervous when dani beat serena in '06.

cn ireland
Jan 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Congrats to Jelena on her her 1st MD GS win since 2003:woohoo:!

I'm so happy for her:banana:

SHOOOOOOOOO:hearts:!

AK-DH Fan
Jan 20th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Great win:) Hope she can keep this up. I think she's got shot against chakvadatze, but she;s gunna have to play better

Just Do It
Jan 20th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Jelena on Rod Laver - night session :)

So Disrespectful
Jan 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Jelena on Rod Laver - night session :)

Great, now I'll miss the match :rolleyes:.

deepsand
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
but all of Aus won't.
if she wins this - it will be awesome.
and Stubbs. haha. she'll have to keep her mouth shut for a bit :P

Ballbasher
Jan 20th, 2009, 02:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFUpHzYTVc :awww: :awww:

SM
Jan 20th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I had de ja vu so i started screaming as soon as she won the point and before the umpire had yelled game set match....to try and discourage any sort of overrule hahah :hearts: standing ovation for her too :)

SM
Jan 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
and to discourage paszek from even thinking of a chalenge haha

matty
Jan 20th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, her interview is really heartbreaking:
"...it was a constant battle every day, just how I will be, whether I will be able to get out of bed...."I figured she was depressed--inherited it from her father.....hopefully the worst is behind her. So many people are rooting for Jelena's success--I so hope it comes to fruition. It would be fantastic if she could play, say another 4 yrs and remain in the top 30. I guess it's one thing at a time though--first she has to get back in the top 100.

Here's hoping Jelena whoops Anna's behind, but either way, this has been a succesful tourney for her!

Go Dokic!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 20th, 2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFUpHzYTVc :awww: :awww:Awwwwwww Jelena :hug: :hearts:

powerbackhand
Jan 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Is there any livestream for this match on the internet like there was for the brisbane match????

LindsayRulz
Jan 20th, 2009, 06:08 PM
There'll probably have one somewhere, if we had one for her first round match in the middle of afternoon on Hisense we will certainly find one for a night match on Rod Laver. ;)

Not sure if I'll watch this one tough, 7:30PM in Melbourne means 3:30AM here. :unsure:

cn ireland
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the vid:)!

Even as a long term fan I never really appreciated how tough it was for Jelena to keep playing.

I'm glad that she enjoys tennis so much and I hope to watch her play for many more years to come:hearts:!

Good luck tomorrow Jelena:bounce:!

DokDi
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Good luck Jelena, if her groundstrokes are like in Brisbane and her serves like 2 days ago, she can definitely win!:) GOOO JEECA!

hdfb
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm going tonight!! Bought tickets right after I saw the OOP again. I'm working today so I was hoping Jelena would be at night somehow.

I hope she doesn't get overwhelmed by Rod Laver Arena!

hdfb
Jan 20th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Great, now I'll miss the match :rolleyes:.

Stop going out at night you party animal. :p

OZTENNIS
Jan 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Jelena's first match on RLA since that infamous one with Davenport in R1 of 2001 Open

Let's go Jelena, you can do it :)

GeeTee
Jan 20th, 2009, 10:53 PM
That brings back horrible memories. Damir going off. Jelena being a bit of a bitch herself. The whole change of nationality thing. Those in the crowd who booed her (not too many) because of all the drama. And then the match (which woulda been hard enough even without all the baggage).

At least tonight she will have 100% crowd support. Go Jelena!

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:35 AM

:awww: I hope she slaughters Anna tonight:devil:

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:44 AM
That breaks my heart. :sobbing:
I hope she plays well tonight, and has better attitude out there. If she could rattle Anna C, and cause an outburst, the crowd would really get behind her.

matty
Jan 21st, 2009, 04:18 AM
Is there any livestream for this match on the internet like there was for the brisbane match????

this has been working fine for me:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I wish I could stay up for this match but it will be too late for me.

Just go out there and play for the love of the game, Jelena --soak up all that luvin' crowd and fan support -- and have fun!!! :bounce:

smit101
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:29 AM
Not long to go now, it will be pratically full tonight so hopefully the crowd gets right behind her and Jelena can get the win! :bounce:

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:32 AM
Question. Is it shown live in QLD with daylight savings?
I bet it's replayed by an hour, in the mean time they show Deal or No Deal. :rolleyes:

OZTENNIS
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
^^^
Delayed :o

Just looked at the mixed doubles draw and guess what :D

R1:
Jelena Dokic/Paul Hanley (AUS) versus Patty Schnyder/Wesley Moodie (SUI/RSA)

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT JELENA, ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS BEHIND YOU :rocker:

Huntress55
Jan 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
Question. Is it shown live in QLD with daylight savings?
I bet it's replayed by an hour, in the mean time they show Deal or No Deal. :rolleyes:

Its such bull. It should be live.
Poor form by Ch 7. :o

GeeTee
Jan 21st, 2009, 07:37 AM
Dokic and Hanley???? WOW! :) :)

Anyway - let the game begin! Seeing it live on 7 tonight ALMOST makes up for em going to Deal or no Deal at 67 56 against Mauresmo...

PS - nice 'last minute' interview w Jelena (nice smile) saying she hopes she can put on a good match. Me too! Go Jelena!

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Whoa Dokic playing doubles, I've been waiting for that for so long!
Okay, she's playing Chakvetadze now so I'm off to the livescore thread. :D:D

Princeza
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
YESSSS!!! Congrats Jelena :D :aparty:

AK-DH Fan
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM
OMG So glad I stayed up 4 that !!!!! What an amazing match. She really put her all into her performance tonight. She started tearing up after she won.:hug: I just wanted to give her a hug. ANyway congrat's Jelena!!!! THis tournament was already a huge success :) U really showed how much heart u have :sad: :worship::)

Andy.
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM
OMFG that was amazing I was so nervous for her throughout that match but she held tough. It was so emotional and you can see how much it means to her. What a legend. Her ground strokes are easily top 5 in the womens game still.

Just Do It
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Amazing win, I cried in the end. It was a great quality match as well, some AMAZING shots. Good luck in mixed as well :eek: :yeah:

louloubelle
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Never looked dejected, always looked focussed. It was a great effort.
Admittedly Jelena did lose her way a bit in the 2nd set, but Ana did step it up at that time. Plus it is so difficult to play someone who rides the rollercoaster of emotions throughout a match. Fist pumping, glaring around the court, crying, frustration... so glad Jelena kept it together. Ana was so all over the place.

saniapower
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM
Good luck DOkic :yeah:
Who next ?

Princeza
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Amazing win, I cried in the end.

Me too :sobbing:
I haven't cried for a tennis match since so many years :unsure:

Huntress55
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM
I got a little teary too!
Fantastic win for Jelena :D!!

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
I cried like a baby. :sobbing:

6-4 6-7(4) 6-3 :hearts:
I'm just so proud and so happy, I'm speechless. :speakles:

:bowdown:

schorsch
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
dokic officially won me over and its hard to get into that sig of mine :lol: she's been "knocking" on the door and there it is after her match i had to cry :eek: :speakles: it was so intense and her game was just amaze O_O.

after this perfomance it should rain wcs maybe even at paris gaz de france :D

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
LOL, nah she'll win Pattaya :hearts:

schorsch
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
:lol: lets take it one match a time, shall we :lol:

i heard she was on the list for paris, will she head to pattaya instead to give herself a good chance at matches who are a bit lower ranked?

doktor
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
:lol: lets take it one match a time, shall we :lol:

i heard she was on the list for paris, will she head to pattaya instead to give herself a good chance at matches who are a bit lower ranked?

you should understand something... it best not to try and predict where Jelena will play, it only opens you up for confusion when she changes at the last minute...

She was incredible tonight, such a fighter...

Golovinjured.
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
I hope so. She has nothing to defend for months after AO, so anywhere is good, but I'd like to see her playing smaller tournies until she's inside the Top 100.

GeeTee
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Sheesh...

If you're playing in Fed Cup in Perth in a coupla weeks.,,

...and even (this week) your ranking might be around 140 (this should do for many International quals)

...and even if Paris wasn't maybe another 12 hours of flights....

surely you'd have to be REALLY STUPID to go anywhere other than Pattaya?????

deepsand
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
freaking awesome match.
absolutely awesome.
awesome awesome awesome.
she's stolen my vocabulary, along side stealing all of Australia's and so much of the world's heart tonight.
and i didnt think she could tug those heart strings any more after the press conference 2 days ago.
she was in that to win it! total confidence and poise.
hope that leg is ok though. a cramp perhaps?

DokicPova
Jan 21st, 2009, 01:30 PM
hey where can i watch jelena's interviews or highlights from the last days?

smit101
Jan 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
Wow so happy for Jelena. She has been through so much and to see her back on RLA was amazing and she played really well. Great win for her, hopefully she can produce the same tennis against wozniacki. :worship: :bounce:

Ballbasher
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM
Jelena :hearts: It's so awesome to see her back on the big stage! :) ;) :D

DokDi
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM
Wonderful Jelena, she's really back!:hearts:
Good luck in doubles and against Wozzy!:)

matty
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
What!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just woke up to see the results--was so scared to look, but i am amazed!!!!!! Wow, she must be so proud of herself!!!
Your fans are so proud of you, Jelena! I am speecless. I must see this match!!!

:woohoo::rocker::banana::rocker2::bounce:

matty
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM
Alicia's such a sweetie--I guess you guys must have heard her say this during the match:

Commentating on Channel Seven, former Australian Open quarterfinalist Alicia Molik said she could only imagine what a "liberating experience it would be playing on centre court for the first time for herself, for no-one".

From TA article:
Open officials announced a crowd of 63,557 on Wednesday, a world record for a single day at a Grand Slam tennis tournament.!!!

LindsayRulz
Jan 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
That's just crazy she won against a top 20 on RLA. :speakles: I don't see her beating Wozniacki but she has absolutly nothing to lose against her. :)

vutt
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
well, when it was last time when we had pleasure to see her in 3rd round at GS...
...2003 against Sharapova!! I guess I can call myself patient man now ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Stunning performance from Jelena. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than her, and I'm so proud to be her fan. She really remained calm and steady through the toughest parts of the match and didn't give up on a single ball. She moved pretty well, and struck the ball with confidence and consistency just like the old Jelena. If she can keep her head in tennis and stay happy off the court, I think this might be the "real" comeback. Her level at the moment is at least top 30 IMO, and I never remembered her serve being quite the weapon it is now (minus the double faults :o). She's awesome. Period. :hearts:

By the way, she's entered in the Mixed Doubles with Paul Hanley. :) Great to see!

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Jelly:banana:

Anyone know what her ranking might be?

A weird coincidence is that Venus and Jelena have been on the same court at the same time(meaning 3rd on or night match) on opposite days so far.:hearts:

Philip
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
From the WTA website...

But Dokic shrugged off that disappointment by breaking her opponent in the first game of the decider, and although Chakvetadze would draw level and then seize a break of her own for 4-3, Dokic married patience and power to win three games in a row. Chakvetadze capitulated on Dokic's third match point, scooping a backhand long.

Did they watch the same freaking match?? :lol:

Great stuff Jelena :D :sad:

Philip
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Jelly:banana:

Anyone know what her ranking might be?

A weird coincidence is that Venus and Jelena have been on the same court at the same time(meaning 3rd on or night match) on opposite days so far.:hearts:
Around 150-140 I guess :)

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Around 150-140 I guess :)

I was expecting higher:(

cn ireland
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm so proud of Jelena after this win :hearts:!

She thoroughly deserved this win and I just hope she now believes she can get back to where she belongs Top 20/10:bounce:.

Words can't really describe how happy I am:banana:!

I don't really expect her to beat Wozniacki but I don't think I mind that much cos JELENA DOKIC IS BACK :woohoo: SHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hdfb
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
Jelena will be on Rod Laver Arena again on Friday night.

As soon as I heard I went to buy tickets but they are all SOLD OUT!!! :sob:

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
HDFB, did you take any photos from last night? You went, right?

hdfb
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
^I did, didn't take any photos. No time, way too involved with the match. :p

Huntress55
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:56 AM
Argh Im going to miss it, channel 7, livescores, everything :(
Im almost tempted to stay home just to see it, but I cant :(

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Why not?

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
I think Bruce McAvaney just said Jelena was gonna join him in the studio. :hearts:
I think.

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:27 AM
OMG Dokic is having an interview now, wearing a blue Care Bears tee.

:inlove:

Huntress55
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
Why not?

Engagement dinner and Im M.O.H, would be a bit rude if I didnt show up :lol:

Aww how cute, a carebears shirt :)

Golovinjured.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:42 AM
Okay, I'm lovestruck. Everytime I see her, hear her speak, I just go weak at the knees.
The interview. She was wearing a blue Care Bears tee, very cute, and the same earrings she has been wearing in her matches.
She seemed realistic about her match against Caroline, isn't expecting the win, and even if she loses easily, she'll still be very happy with what's happened.
She talked about Borna and Tin, how she trusts them, and they are working well together. Good team.
Umm, what else. She was smiling alot, very happy. She said that if she plays this sort of tennis for the year, she could be TOP 30/20 by the years end.
It was great to see her smiling so much, and talking about last night. She seems really proud of herself, which is great for her confidence.

I don't think I've said this yet, but wasn't her mindset on court terrific last night. She never really got down on herself, and was so composed. Compared to her matches against Mauresmo and Paszek, she didn't give much away last night.
And also, did anyone else notice the sponsors on her sleeves last night? KA-CHING!
I guess she could be signed to Fila soon by the look of it, and she had 'Mary Cohr' and 'Guinot' on her sleeves. They're both cosmetic, skin care companies I think, which is weird.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
im in love. really. i truly am.

and ive never been in love with a girl before :S

i keep watching her beat chak over and over again and her interview with dittmarr post match brings tears :S im a tragic.

i dreamt of her how creepy is that.

well done jelena ;)

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
and yeah golovinjured the blue care bear shirt was sooo cute :) bruce mcaveny (Sp?) interviewed her in 06 too b4 the open - he is really nice to her

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
January 21, 2009

© Getty Images
Dokic Win Over No.17 Seed Augurs Well For Comeback

MELBOURNE, Australia - Jelena Dokic's comeback from tennis oblivion converted from dream to reality on Wednesday night, when the former world No.4 beat No.17 seed Anna Chakvetadze in their second round match at the Australian Open, 64 67(4) 63. Playing on Rod Laver Arena for the first time in eight long years, the 25-year-old not only outplayed her more fancied opponent stroke-for-stroke, she never let the tension of the occasion get the better of her. It was as if she'd never been away.
Years of family breakdown, depression and disenchantment with tennis were quickly forgotten as Dokic made an aggressive start, breaking Chakvetadze - who is struggling with her own loss of form issues - and holding on to take the first set with surprising ease.

As the Russian's double fault and unforced error count mounted in the second set, Dokic served for the match at 5-3. However Chakvetadze regained her composure, capitalizing on a momentary loss of concentration on Dokic's part. With some crafty play of her own, the 21-year-old took the set in a tie-break.

But Dokic shrugged off that disappointment by breaking her opponent in the first game of the decider, and although Chakvetadze would draw level and then seize a break of her own for 4-3, Dokic married patience and power to win three games in a row. Chakvetadze capitulated on Dokic's third match point, scooping a backhand long.

"I think she had a slow start, but she's a fighter and she began to play really well in that second set," observed Dokic, who reached the semis at Wimbledon as a 17-year-old, and has five Tour titles to her name. "I let her off that 5-3 game where I had 30-15 and did a few unforced errors and double faults.

"She was the one with all the pressure, and I think that helped me. I just wanted to put on a good performance and then things started going my way. This is a big confidence boost."

If one casualty of the Dokic family's dramas was the player's relationship with the Australian public, it was clear after the 2 hour 16 minute contest that the world No.187 appreciated the heartfelt homecoming.

"Thank you all for supporting me, it's unbelievable," said Dokic, her voice cracking as the sell-out crowd stood in ovation. "It's been an amazing night, and no matter what happens from here on in, I will not forget this for a long time."

Dokic, who secured her place in the draw by winning a wildcard play-off event run by Tennis Australia in December, faces No.11 seed Caroline Wozniacki in the third round. At least tonight, the intense competitor professed to be pretty sanguine about the prospect.

"You know, no matter what happens from here on, I'm really happy with such a good start to the year," Dokic said. "I want to be Top 50 by the end of the year, and I think if I continue playing like I have been playing, this should be achievable.

"My goal is to be Top 20 by the end of my career," she smiled. "If I do that, I'll be satisfied."Check out highlights from this match and much more at AOTV - click here

from wta websire

Just Do It
Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
OMG Dokic is having an interview now, wearing a blue Care Bears tee.

:inlove:

Where can we see it ?

schorsch
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Okay, I'm lovestruck. Everytime I see her, hear her speak, I just go weak at the knees.
The interview. She was wearing a blue Care Bears tee, very cute, and the same earrings she has been wearing in her matches.
She seemed realistic about her match against Caroline, isn't expecting the win, and even if she loses easily, she'll still be very happy with what's happened.
She talked about Borna and Tin, how she trusts them, and they are working well together. Good team.
Umm, what else. She was smiling alot, very happy. She said that if she plays this sort of tennis for the year, she could be TOP 30/20 by the years end.
It was great to see her smiling so much, and talking about last night. She seems really proud of herself, which is great for her confidence.

I don't think I've said this yet, but wasn't her mindset on court terrific last night. She never really got down on herself, and was so composed. Compared to her matches against Mauresmo and Paszek, she didn't give much away last night.
And also, did anyone else notice the sponsors on her sleeves last night? KA-CHING!
I guess she could be signed to Fila soon by the look of it, and she had 'Mary Cohr' and 'Guinot' on her sleeves. They're both cosmetic, skin care companies I think, which is weird.

Well, in French Eurosport and sports channels especially those two are in commercials a lot when tennis is on. They have been sponsoring tennis and tennis players for years now. These arent Dokic's sponsors, but when she is on a big court on RLA for example and on tv, she can go get those signs and put them on her clothes and will be paid once for it. Depends of importance of the match, tv coverage, size of court etc etc. Sometimes that can be 1000$ per sponsor thingie and match, sometimes more or less. It depends ;)

Ballbasher
Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
It may be very well for Jelena, that Samantha is still in the competition, as she doesn't face the pressure of being the last Aussie!
I really hope she can't put up a good fight against Caro and we will se what happens, I just don't want her to waste any MPs and lose, then I'd prefer an easy loss! ;)

All the best Jelena,just have faith! :bounce:

Uranium
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
I need to Jelly to win to make up for a certain someone's :o loss.

-NAJ-
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
He is back
:smash: :help:
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=56729&sectionId=44

I will resign with JELENA

Damir Dokic: I heard the daughter recently, well, we talked and told me that there is an opportunity to resign! I saw her mečeve in Melbourne, but I'm proud that wins again

Damir Dokic, father of Jelena Dokić, we believe that could be reconciled with the daughter that is not a seen a few years. "The tennis father from hell", as it is called a foreign media, the scandal that is izazivao while his daughter was one of the best teniserki the world, found the Australian news agency that the recently established contact with Jelena.

- We heard a month ago. It's nice we talked and Jelena is said that there is a possibility to resign! Of course, nothing is safe, but why not? Everything is possible - promotes Osječanin born.

Chaos in the family

Despite the fact that there is definitely a desire for reconciliation with the father, the question is how the eventual meeting was useful, especially if you remember unsuccessful family gathering three years ago. Father of former fourth teniserke world not hiding that even potegao once so hated in Australia to see his daughter:

- Yes, I came. Why not, I love Australia!

When asked whether it follows Australijan open and is looking to win his daughter over Čakvetadze in another school, he hladnokrvno responded:

- No, I did not see the match. But I can tell you that I am very proud!

Backwash History his behavior, which is on opravdavao attempts to protect his family, especially his daughter Jelena, condemned it is practically in exile from the world "white sport" and Australia, where they lived as refugees Dokićevi in Osijek.

"Kangaroo" simply can not smisle the statement after the early defeat Jelena Australijan to open in 2006, when he said to him Atomic bombs in Australia and that is to creep Nations. The Dokic family has already been in full rasulu. Jelena decided to again play for Australia, while her father and mother were before the divorce, which was followed later. Damir in particular could not forgive Jeleni connection with the Croatian coach and manager, Tina Bikić, for which moved to Zagreb. He optuživao Bikić to blame for the destruction of his daughters.

In emotional galimatijasa made my family and obviously Dokic quietly suffer. At a news conference after the victory in the first two circuits Open Championship in Australia it was clear that sadness Jelena heart will never leave. Public break with the family, treatment of depression and eventual return to the world scene left its traces on the psycho. Tears after the victory over Pasekova Tamir and Ana Čakvetadze enough said how much it means every success.

Selling property

In the emotional interview after the triumph in the first school polufinalistkinja former Wimbledon pointed out that there are no contacts with the father, but that is trying to renew pokidane connection with his mother Ljiljana and eight years younger brother Sava.

Damir Dokic, currently I live in a large property in Vrdnik, which plans to sell would not like a tennis academy in Novi Sad.

------------------------------------
Not only Damir

Recent history of tennis to remember a few kontroverznih father. Father Hrvatice Mirjana Lučić marinero known is that the daughter often physically kažnjavao, which fled to the United States in order to avoid his Tirana. Experienced a similar fate and Mary Pirs, whose father Jim is not only beating her, but her bodyguards. Fathers Štefi Graf and Jennifer Kaprijati were not violent, but they definitely showed the world its "dark side". The first was arrested for financial malfeasance, and the other for possession of marijuana.

hdfb
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
^Oh my goodness, please Damir, just stay away! If you really had any feelings left for your poor daughter then you'd know best to keep your mouth shut and enjoy the millions of dollars you took from Jelena!!

cn ireland
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Just luck against Caroline tomorrow JD!

I'll be happy & proud whatever happens but I know if she fights hard she can win it!!

SHOOO :bounce:!

Привет
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
I need to Jelly to win to make up for a certain someone's :o loss.

I know, right. :o

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Damir :weirdo::weirdo:

-NAJ-
Jan 23rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
What a irony
his name in Serbian means - yes peace -

DA-yes
MIR-peace

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Damir strikes again :haha:

Princeza
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
I can't believe it! She was so cute with Alicia :awww:

Damir :weirdo: stay away.

ce
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
i think she should have contact with him,and whole family and will play even better :hearts:

Andy.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
i think she should have contact with him,and whole family and will play even better :hearts:
Are you a lunitic :rolleyes: Damir needs to stay as far away from her as possible.

On another note WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! I was first pumping and COME ONing my way all the way through that thirst set. She is back no doubt about that and if she can keep this level up she will no only challenge for the top 20 but also the top 10. :worship::bigclap::clap2::drink::dance::yippee::wo ohoo::banana::rocker::rocker2::aparty:

Rafa_22
Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Great win for Jelena! I thought she wudnt pull through in the end! Just wondering how many points does she get and what would be her projected ranking?

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Amazing match from Jelena. First set was crappy, but she owned Caroline in the 2nd and 3rd :drool: Amazingly pure shots, loved it.

Good luck in the 4th round.

Princeza
Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM

She might need him as a father, certainly not as a coach ot for tennis related things.

Harvs
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
so kleybanova next...

jelena is getting better and better with every match, she played like a top 10 player tonight and is looking towards having an extremely successful year.

with that said, this is the first match where i think jelena has the pressure, she will be the heavy favourite to win unlike her previous two matches (and maybe first round?)... i worry that this may see her not hit out as much and maybe tighten up...

however i think jelena will figure it all out:) so i say jelena in 3

Philip
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
A Dokic - Ivanovic match up would have guarenteed a night match.

Not so sure about a Dokic - Kleybanova match.

Grrrr. Night matches are so much easier to watch in the UK :p

So proud of Jelena :inlove:

Harvs
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM

please tell me you are joking?

auntie janie
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Stunning upset, Jelena! Well done! :worship:

I wish Damir would keep his trap shut. Or that the media would ignore him. :p

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
I am also glad Jelena wasn't nervous today like she was against Paszek and even Anna C.

deepsand
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
i would have loved to have seen her take down Ivanovic in the 4th round, but its gotta be much better for her to play Kleybanova. i looked at her playing activity on the WTA website - and i think i saw that she was playing ITFs after the US open last year - whilst ranked in the mid 30s. i find that strange.

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
:woohoo:

UN. BE. LIEVABLE!
I'm just so happy, the wait is over guys. :D:D

Kleybanova *sigh
I have a bad feeling, the pressure is on Jelena.

Uranium
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
:bowdown:

Babolatpro880
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Holy. Shit. Jelena :bounce:

smit101
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! This has been such as amazing week for Jelena and she is back :woohoo:...That was such a good turn around after the 1st set, she could have so easily have given up but she showed her fighting qualities.

kleybenova next...I think Jelena will get through this, just watching the match between Kleybenova and Ivanovic now, and i don't think she has the movement to get alot of Jelenas shots back, as long as Jelena keeps the same standard of play up. Hopefully she can get through this one, but any result and it has still been an amazing AO!

deepsand
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
yeh - i watched a little bit of the Kleybanova-Ivanovic match and i'm a bit shocked. i know Ana's been a bit streaky for ummmm.... months now :P, but it amazes me that she lost that (feel a bit sorry for her too).
she definitely doesn't have the movement, you're right. Jelena's groundies will mop her up, especially the way she's been changing the ball's direction. i was really surprised at how UNFIT Kleybanova looked. its like Bartoli. she never looked fit to me, but when i saw her in person the other day - she looked trimmer. i know the tv adds pounds, but Kleybanova didn't look like a pro athlete tonight.
and her shots are so ugly. damn ugly. (all she needs to complete the set is Bartoli's serve :P)

Jelena is taking this match!

deepsand
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
:woohoo:

UN. BE. LIEVABLE!
I'm just so happy, the wait is over guys. :D:D

Kleybanova *sigh
I have a bad feeling, the pressure is on Jelena.

i reckon this pressure is a good test for her. she's clearly playing top 20 tennis, and once her ranking catches up to her level, she's going to need to be able to win matches where she's the favourite. its like the saying where its easier to be the hunter than to be the hunted. so this will be a different match for her - definitely winnable.

i did see this on the WTA website just now in their report about Jelena's and Alisa's wins.

'Into the fourth round of the Australian Open for the first time, Dokic now plays No.29 seed Kleybanova, a hitting partner in recent weeks, who hinted at her potential at Wimbledon last year when she ousted 10th seed Daniela Hantuchova in the second round.'

anyway - Jelena rules (as we know)!!!

rosey toes
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Long time Jelena fan, and Iíve never stopped believing Jelena would turn things around, but I still canít believe whatís happened this week. Fairy tale stuff. Well done Jelena :worship:

Ava :wavey:

Ballbasher
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
It's so awesome to see Jelena having such an amazing week so far! :worship: This should be so important for her entire comeback :D All the best against Kleybanova!

Ballbasher
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! This has been such as amazing week for Jelena and she is back :woohoo:...That was such a good turn around after the 1st set, she could have so easily have given up but she showed her fighting qualities.

kleybenova next...I think Jelena will get through this, just watching the match between Kleybenova and Ivanovic now, and i don't think she has the movement to get alot of Jelenas shots back, as long as Jelena keeps the same standard of play up. Hopefully she can get through this one, but any result and it has still been an amazing AO!

yeh - i watched a little bit of the Kleybanova-Ivanovic match and i'm a bit shocked. i know Ana's been a bit streaky for ummmm.... months now :P, but it amazes me that she lost that (feel a bit sorry for her too).
she definitely doesn't have the movement, you're right. Jelena's groundies will mop her up, especially the way she's been changing the ball's direction. i was really surprised at how UNFIT Kleybanova looked. its like Bartoli. she never looked fit to me, but when i saw her in person the other day - she looked trimmer. i know the tv adds pounds, but Kleybanova didn't look like a pro athlete tonight.
and her shots are so ugly. damn ugly. (all she needs to complete the set is Bartoli's serve :P)

Jelena is taking this match!
You may be underrating Kleybanova's extreme ball striking potential!
I guess she doesn't add a lot of top spin and hits extremely hard in comparison to Chakvetadze,Wozniacki who work more with variety.
Jelena won't have the time to set up her strokes that well against Alisa and it's not given she will be the one dictating points and I'm not sure whether Alisa's balls have a good height for Jelena!
I just hope Jelena pulls through another match! :)

matty
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, I couldn't stay up for the match--i didn't get my hopes up too much, but felt it was very winnable---I mean, why the hell not!!!!

I hope that guy in GM didn't cut his head off :lol:

IMO, Jelena really, really, really, needs to keep her distance from her dad. She should ONLY let him into her life if he can respect her "boundaries". She is a grown woman and he has no right to ANY control over her. He should ONLY give her advice if she asks for it. I used to think (unfairly), that the Bikic brothers were using Jelena, but I believe they had good intentions (especially since they stayed with her through all the depression). If she lets her dad back into her life fully, there's a good chance the same dysfunctional patterns will develop (unless he has had counseling and/or indergone a major change).

doktor
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
it doesn't matter if she wins again... the Dok is back... i am so impressed... it makes staying up till three in the mornin watchin livescores on 25k's in italy so worth it... i just hope the story about her owing cash off the court doesn't affet her...

LindsayRulz
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I can't believe she won against Wozniacki, didn't expect that at all! :inlove:

I'm kind of afraid of that Kleybanova girl. I know it's a good matchup for Jelena but she hasn't played a ballbasher yet in the draw. And Kleybanova can make some impressive weight transfert. :unsure::lol:

DokDi
Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
OMG I HAVE NO WORDS! I can't believe Jelena will play for a spot in the QF of a Grand Slam!!:D

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
What a tournament this has been :hearts: I think beyond any of our wildest dreams, seriously...

HEAVEN

schorsch
Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
:hearts:

and molik was so nice :awww:

Babolatpro880
Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
i would have loved to have seen her take down Ivanovic in the 4th round, but its gotta be much better for her to play Kleybanova. i looked at her playing activity on the WTA website - and i think i saw that she was playing ITFs after the US open last year - whilst ranked in the mid 30s. i find that strange.

Kleybanova was injured late last year and played challengers to get back into matches again.

vibe
Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Did you saw the to guys sitting behind bikic brothers in the FILA polo's in the player box. That are scouts of FILA i saw 2 people from FILA at the match of Bubka jr. And his brother told me that they were scouts.

Freakan
Jan 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
:hearts:

and molik was so nice :awww:

And she was a bit fake also. Jelena stood next to her for a while but Alicia waited to hug Jelena till the interview started and she decided to announce that she was giving Jelena a hug:p

saniapower
Jan 23rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Dokic R-4 will be an easy one, easy 2 set win for Dokic. I'm actually thinking her q-f against Safina. Can dokic beat Safina? Okay right now considering Dokic present standard i think her wins are not quite surprising. 1st win against Paszek gave Dokic the confidence and momentum. i think her win over AnnaC is her biggest win in this ao. I still consider Anna the better player. i dont care about woznaik. they come and they go. today #10 tomorrow #100. She is just strongly built and can hit the tennis ball with lot of power. but an experienced player like Dokic knows how to deal with. Once Dokic started to construct the points well woznaik had no answer.. She was totally on the defensive:lol: It was Dokic whose racket was deciding the points. A winner or an ue!

saniapower
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
today Ana played like a crap. this Russian teenager is not fit, fat, she doesnt look like a tennis player. her shot selection not so good and she can come under pressure. Okay she can of course hang on there for a while before Dokic hits the winner:lol: i dont see any problem. Dokic will kill her.

DownTheLine21
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
As a Dokic fan from 2001/2002, I would like to say how baffled I am by this turn of events. After so many failed comebacks, I never expected to see her back in the 4R of a Grand Slam. I'm so proud of how she's pulled herself together and regained her winning form/mindset. I know it wasn't easy in the slightest. Truly inspiring.

cn ireland
Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Absolutely amazing Jelena:bounce: :woohoo: :banana: :worship:!

I can't believe she's in the last 16 of a Slam again after all this time, words can't explain how proud I am:hearts:!

I think us Dokic fans are finally seeing our belief that Jelena can return to the top come true;).

Good luck against Kleybanova but whatever happens, Shoo is back :bounce: :banana:!

doktor
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM
Dokic R-4 will be an easy one, easy 2 set win for Dokic. I'm actually thinking her q-f against Safina. Can dokic beat Safina? Okay right now considering Dokic present standard i think her wins are not quite surprising. 1st win against Paszek gave Dokic the confidence and momentum. i think her win over AnnaC is her biggest win in this ao. I still consider Anna the better player. i dont care about woznaik. they come and they go. today #10 tomorrow #100. She is just strongly built and can hit the tennis ball with lot of power. but an experienced player like Dokic knows how to deal with. Once Dokic started to construct the points well woznaik had no answer.. She was totally on the defensive:lol: It was Dokic whose racket was deciding the points. A winner or an ue!

Righto... lets not get ahead of ourselves... theres a lot more pressure on jelena in this match than there has been and wta website says Kleyabanova and Dokic have become friends and hitting partners... so theres no real element of suprise... Massive slugfest from the baseline...

Golovinjured.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Jelena has had no pressure, she could swing freely and enjoy herself. In the eyes of the Australian public, Jelena is EXPECTED to win this match, because as far as they're concerned Kleybanova is a nobody, she's overweight and relatively inexperienced. The crowd will have high expectations, and Jelena could feel that.
There's no doubt in my mind that if Jelena plays like she did against Chakvetadze/Wozniacki, she would win in straight sets. But, will the added pressure of being the favourite put her off her game? That's the only issue, in my opinion.

P.S. Hopefully she doesn't even hear about the whole debt thing. :unsure:

So Disrespectful
Jan 24th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Is there a chance that this will be the Sunday night match on RLA? :scared:

Babolatpro880
Jan 24th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Is there a chance that this will be the Sunday night match on RLA? :scared:

There certainly is, the schedule is out and she is indeed the night match on Rod Laver 730 local time.

Golovinjured.
Jan 24th, 2009, 02:37 AM
LOL. Again?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:21 AM
There certainly is, the schedule is out and she is indeed the night match on Rod Laver 730 local time.
Hell yes! :rocker2: She's rolling at night and the conditions are better for her, love it. And the crowd is always extra special at night. :drool:

Привет
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Jela seems to be on a roll playing at night! :D

smit101
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I am happy they put her back on at night, the crowd is always more involved at night for some reason and hopefully they can give jelena a boost.

I heard Ana said that Alisa played the match of her career against her...i didn't see the whole match but from what i saw it was more Ana's errors, she had 50 UE, that cost her the match. If Jelena keeps her errors down she should get the win, however i never expected her to get this far and she has played really well two matches in a row against good players so there could be a letdown, but iam hoping for the best!

LindsayRulz
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Oh crap, I didn't want to have to wake up at 3:30AM but looks like I'll have to do it. :p

So Disrespectful
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Yay, I have shit tickets to see her! :D

I'm so excited.

Harvs
Jan 24th, 2009, 04:16 AM
she withdrew from mixed... good choice i spose so shes ready for 2moro night:)

DownTheLine21
Jan 24th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I am happy they put her back on at night, the crowd is always more involved at night for some reason and hopefully they can give jelena a boost.

I heard Ana said that Alisa played the match of her career against her...i didn't see the whole match but from what i saw it was more Ana's errors, she had 50 UE, that cost her the match. If Jelena keeps her errors down she should get the win, however i never expected her to get this far and she has played really well two matches in a row against good players so there could be a letdown, but iam hoping for the best!

Kleybanova did not play the match of her career. Ana is just delusional, per usual.

So Disrespectful
Jan 24th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Kleybanova did not play the match of her career. Ana is just delusional, per usual.

I don't know if her judgment is accurate, but Alisa herself said that it was the best match of her career.

Golovinjured.
Jan 24th, 2009, 05:46 AM
^^ Well, good that she got it out of the way. ;)

Just Do It
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Jelena got night session again, 3rd time in a row.

louisa.
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
:hearts: can't wait.

Freakan
Jan 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know if her judgment is accurate, but Alisa herself said that it was the best match of her career.

I think she meant in terms of atmosphere and emotions, not level of play ;)

auntie janie
Jan 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
^^ Well, good that she got it out of the way. ;)

:lol: :yeah:

King Aaron
Jan 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
:sobbing:

This is the first full match (well close to full, I missed the 1st game) of Jelena's that I've seen in ages and she was just :speakles:. My mom thought I was crazy and was getting annoyed with the way I was screaming and fist pumping. :o

I'm so so so so happy for her. This has been a long road back. Whatever happens in her 4th round match, I think it's safe to say she'll be sticking around a lot more this year. :D

I don't know what to expect for her match though. I'm sure she'll be feeling some pressure and Alisa knows her game as well as she knows Alisa's, so it's going to go down to who plays steadier tennis. I hope she can make the QF. Come on Jelena! :yeah:

Freakan
Jan 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I just hope her AO breakthrough will be better than Groenefeld's who reached 4th round of USO as a qualifier and then her results got much worse :scared: