PDA

View Full Version : Chrono's HK EXPO THREAD - WHOLE UPDATE!!!!

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hi, just back from day 1 match...2:54am here...the last match (Mirza vs Chakvetadze) just finished at 12:26am...

Well....I have to type something because this is the 1st time I've seen a REAL TOP TEN PLAYER playing tennis in front of me...it's just UNBELIEVABLE.....

Before the match:

1. I am surprised that this match got hawkeye. Brisbane didn't.
2. Actually there are stalls selling GIANT tennisball (sized like a basketball) at HKD 120 (just like around 15 USD) but I've bought my tiny ball only several bucks only (Coco find it difficult to sign and ignored me:o)
3. The weather is soooooo cold.

1st match: Zheng Jie vs Zvonareva....
Zheng Jie's Second serve and her serve is still her weakness. But she produced so many amazing winners that our whole crowds cheered for her.

Zheng also needed to improve how to consolidate her lead...she led at 5*-3 1st set but got broken and eventually went to the tiebreak

Zvonareva, I dunno if she was a subtle person or something else, sometime she just returned the ball and that's it.

After the 1st match, there is an autograph session. The 1st up is ANNA CHAKVETADZE. She is sooooooooooo cute in Real Person :hearts: but one ticket/souvenir can only be used to take a picture + autograph signing only, so I bought some souvenir for my future purpose.

The 2nd player for autograph is Vera. Unfortunately I'm watching the double and I couldn't get her autograph :sad:

2nd match is the Double of Jankovic/Michelle vs Coco/Venus.

Jankovic double technique stunned me, she was sooooooo good, and the audience enjoyed the match SOOOO MUCH.

a:In 1st set, when Michelle served her 1st point, the ball didn't even pass the net :spit: all the audience laughed at her

b:Michelle did produce some AMAZING WINNERS and she dare to rally with Venus. This girl got her future.

c:However I am somehow disappointed with Coco. Her performance is just :help:.Even Venus can't help grab a set. However, Jelena and Michelle showed good partnership. They would talk and clap for almost every point. Maybe Coco is just young or not experienced enough.

After the double match, there's another autograph session with both Michelle and Coco (Picture below). As I was queueing for the autograph, Venus walked beside me. OMG, she is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous :hearts:...but I can't leave and take picture with her, maybe next time.

3rd match: Anna vs Mirza

When I was queueing for autograph of Michelle and Coco, the match between Anna and Sania was playing. When I'm back it's already 1st set 5*-4 Chaky serves. It's good to see MIRZA IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :woohoo:
OMG, I have to say both Chak and Mirza kept UE-ing, and Chak looked sooooo pissed whenever she made an UE/making a DF....Mirza? I guess she would be back Top 50 soon...many beautiful winners but somehow she failed to maintain her strength at critical moment.

Funny thing in 2nd set. I guess it's the last 2 games, some Indian in the crowd cheered whenever Anna made a mistake/DF and said ANNA do it again, those people keep teasing Anna....and at that time Sania made mistake and Anna started to play tennis, she pumped fist + yelled come on!!!! toward the indian crowd...so funny :spit:

Honestly those crowd was soooo uneducated and the umpire needed to control the situation.

However I started to know why some people like Anna. OMG she is a player with EMOTION....When she yelled come on...I feel like I am seeing a REAL tennis player playing...even though her serve is still :help:

The good thing for the last match is that the stadium is half empty and I can sit lower and take better picture :yeah:

TO FINISH: the battery of my two Digital Cameras are depleted.

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
DAY 2 UPDATE:

I am backkkkkkk guyz :woohoo: Surprisingly The match between Agnes and Gisela took more than two hours, and I left at 12:30am something, I barely caught the last train home :sad:

1st match: JJ vs Venus

I made a banner in order to cheer for Jankovic...here's the pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3086.jpg

Today I made this banner and tried to stick it like a protest sign. HOWEVER I DIDN'T REALIZE I AM SITTING TOO FRONT THAT MY BANNER WOULD BLOCK THE OTHERS' VIEW :sad:
So....I am dumb.

Anyway, the result I guessed you guyz knew it the same time as me....I was sitting there, I wanna cheer for her...but I couldn't...I feel like my Idol was like a deflated balloon....that's sad...

I tried to rush down the Inner ring for autograph, but it's at EAST wing, but I got the bags with me. FAIL. However, Jankovic was not that happy today, she seldom smiled:sad: Get back soon.

The 1st autograph session is Gisela Dulko....To my surprise she is a sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice girl :yeah:. When I gave her my giant ball, she said,"How are you today?" I was shocked to hear something like that :lol: and she signed the ball and took a picture with me :wavey: for FREE. I wished her best luck in Aussie Open, and she said thank you, warmly. GISELA YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON MY FAVOURITE LIST.

2nd match: Vera/Panova vs Jie/Zhang Ling

2nd matchup is the Russian duo with Zheng Jie and Zhang Ling. The homecrowd gave lots of support to the latter, and by the way, Panova surprised me. She could ace, her rally is good, and she could play well with Vera. Vera and Panova could beat Venus and coco, honestly.

Both teams' teamwork surprised. Clapping hands for every points. Jie and Zhang Ling however,wasn't playing really good....but that's OK, it's an Expo only.

Rushing to the inner Ring for photograph? Fail. However Russian duo were nice enough to toss their towel to the crowd :) Four players were willing to sign autographs.

2nd Autograph session: Zheng Jie and Zhang Ling

Yup, another autograph session, they arrived a bit late and I missed the 1st set of Gisela and Agnes. And when they signed the autograph they chatted with each other:o
I tried to greet them warmly and I got lukewarm response :o

3rd match: Szavay vs Dulko

To my surprise, this match is the best of today. Both players produce COUNTLESS AMAZING WINNERS :hearts:. I entered the court when Gisela leads 5-4, and saw Agnes choked :o 2 GP and let Gisela take the 1st set. At the beginning of the 2nd set, Agnes produced so many beautiful winners and broke Gisela (Almost a double break). However one of her crappy service game led the 2nd set to the tiebreak.

The TIEBREAK was just soooooooooooooo good...Gisela saved the first two (three?) set points beautifully. If she didn't DF at crucial moments, she would have won in two.

AND ANOTHER SURPRISE to me is that I thought Gisela would be deflated after 2nd set, but HELL NO!!!! She eventually won the whole match.

And this time I GOT THE AUTOGRAPH OF AGNES :yeah: :yeah:
And I got 2nd autograph of Gisela :yeah: :yeah:

So sad to see Europe loses though :crying2:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Day 3 Disappointment Continues

Today matches started at 4:30pm...kinda weird that the match started in the afternoon, so there were not much difference. This time I am sitting at the right seat and it is easier to grab autograph.

1st match: JJ/Michelle vs Mirza/Zheng Jie

I have a HIGH EXPECTATION on this match. I continued to bring my banner (and this time I am not alone, a girl with a banner I heart JJ cheeered for her, but my banner is bigger and grabbed more attention:unsure: ) and cheered for her. A lady in front of me is also a supporter of Jelena, but unfortunately Jelena disappointed us. She was like a zombie on court, and THAT WAS NOT THE JELENA IN 2008 FOR SURE...but disappointment is disappointment and I have faith in her, so Jelena, forget this Expo, grab the money and do well in the rest of 2009!!!!!

At 1st set when Jelena/Michelle trailed 0-5, Jelena served, we finally yelled as much as we can so as to wake her up, and the audience gave as much support as they could, I wonder if she would get bagelled in this set :o

In the 2nd set, both me and the lady expected a 3 setter. But nope. All I see is a worse Jelena. It was obvious that Jelena DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE BALL AND LET MICHELLE DO ALL THE SWINGING.So I am sure Jelena was not feeling well (After the defeat, she said she is sick and not signing any autograph.Tomorrow is the last chance).

Michelle is nice and signed as many autographs as she could. I got my large tennis ball signed :yeah:

1st autograph session: Sania Mirza

this is insane. 50+ people waiting for Sania for photo-taking and autograph and after waiting for 20-30 mins it suddenly said IT WAS CANCELLED and there is NO autograph session today (Michelle did another autograph session later on)

2nd match: Anna Chakvetadze vs Venus

I was a bit late and I realized that Anna broke first in the 1st set but she could not hold all her serve to the end. The match was above average, but some of the audience are SO annoying, including 3 boys sitting next to me (I dunno if you guyz on TV heard a moment that there are several shout-out contest between Anna's supporters and Venus's supporters). That's disgusting.

By the way, it's good to see the 1st set can be THAT close. Anna didn't behave bitchly(?) in the whole match. good for her.

After the match I tried to get Venus autograph but failed. She signed soooo little.

3rd match: Dulko vs Vera

Oh no, no orange short skirt from Dulko, and Vera dressed better than yesterday. OMG, I never expected it would be a 3 setter. And I am soooooo excited to see the 3rd set. OK, 1st set is normal business from Vera. Then in 2nd set Dulko suddenly came back and Vera kept making UE. The winners from both players in the 3rd set is just sooooooooo good. Audience cheered for Gisela breaking Vera in the 5*-2 but sighed when Dulko lost because of DF.

And....I FINALLY got Vera's autograph:woohoo:, but it was a chaos to squeeze in the front and a kind lady helped me, thank you :hearts: Both vera and Dulko are nice and signed A LOT OF AUTOGRAPH...you two are on my fave list.

2nd autograph session: Anna Chakvetadze
I do not realize that FILA counter also got an autograph session and this time it's Anna again(Michelle is doing again at another counter). This time it took longer to queue up and I am the last person allowed to get the autograph :haha:
The one I gave anna to sign is the picture I took with her in the autograph session on Wednesday, when she looked at it she can't help herself laughing :haha:
She is nicer than the 1st day.

4th match: Szavay vs Mirza
OMG, Mirza played so well but Szavay not so good(she choked the 2nd set 2-0 lead away:o), Mirza sooooo many brilliant winners(winners that hit right on the line, including the one in MP). Szavay is just :help:, but she did some good winners too.

However, one of the thing is about the crowd again. Chief umpire, Eva Asderaki did a good job in controlling the crowd - mostly indian, cheered noisely for Mirza, Mirza apologized to Eva during changeover. Erm, they need a 101 guide of etiquette on court.

After the match, both players signed a lot of autograph and I got my ball signed as well. YESSSSSSSSSSSS :yeah:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Day 4

1st match: Michelle vs Zheng Jie

I woke up at 11:00 am at home so I was one hour late. I didn't know Jelena pulling out and replaced by Michelle. Michelle was trailing 1-5 2nd set when I arrived. That's OK...and I got my picture with her signed :yeah:

Prize Ceremony: Silver Group Winner:Asia Pacific

1st autograph session: Jankovic -> Szavay -> Mirza
After Michelle signed the autograph I immediately went down to the autograph section for Jankovic photograph, I was an early bird so I can get her autograph, some late comers got szavay. For Jankovic, I gave her my BIG banner for her to sign and a tennis ball. IT IS JUST AMAZING :eek:

I am sad to miss Szavay's photo. But luckily I can take a photo with Sania :) She is a nice girl indeed:)

2nd match: Anna Chakvetadze vs Gisela Dulko

1st set Anna dominated but my god,Anna started to play shit in the 2nd set - weak serve (many 2nd serve and double fault, and UE). Gisela almost choked away the 2nd set (she wasted 2 SPs and Anna hit a ball out so that Gisela sealed 2nd set). Then third set it was close but Gisela did better at crucial moment. Anna's serve is still helpless. Gisela produced different kinds of winners and won the whole match, I am just surprised she can pull it off after a set down.

Gisela and Anna signed autograph and they are soooooooooooooooooooo nice. Gisela signed the pic I took with her :hearts:

Last Autograph session: Alexandra Panova

Well, I queued up early and I got the autograph and the pic :) It was quick and I got time to sit back and enjoyed the match of Vera and Venus

3rd match: Venus and Vera

OMG, Venus is just too good for Vera. Vera tried to put up a fight but failed. Venus was better then yesterday, Vera has no chance. At the last game I rushed to the Inner Ring for Venus Autograph, at first she signed little and she went to the prize-giving ceremony. Poor me, I was sandwiched between a girl and a boy for the WHOLE ceremony. Venus did not sign anymore after the ceremony. I am kinda upset actually.

Last match of JB Group Expo: Venus/Coco vs Anna/Panova

This match is not important since Americas already won. Well, if Anna put up a fight and won over Gisela and THIS MATCH WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING. Venus dominated throughout the whole match and Anna continued to serve badly. Coco improved from her day 1 Double match. At the last game of the match I rushed to the inner ring and I find a space good enough and after GSM VENUS SIGNED AN AUTOGRAPH FOR ME :woohoo: :woohoo:.... Yes, I got all 12 autographs :woohoo:

Epilogue
Well, after the match, the attendants threw many things to us, like towel, used tennis balls etc. It's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun :woohoo:

It's good to see almost ALL matches of HK Expo match this year. Well, I found out some less-famous tennis players were so nice, ESPECIALLY GISELA.

I hope the field can be stronger next year :woohoo:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Photo of Michelle and Coco in Autograph session:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2979.jpg

Photo of Anna (OMG, she looked like an angel):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2940.jpg

Willam
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM
tHANKS!!!

By the way What Racquet/Clothes Jelena Used? :D

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
tHANKS!!!

By the way What Racquet/Clothes Jelena Used? :D

All black outfit.
Racket? I am not sure. I'm sitting a little behind.

Callum
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for report! :hearts:

sammy01
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
nice pics, you got to see chak, your like so lucky!

Marcelo.
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks Chrono :worship: :yeah:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Jelena on court with Michelle (I got only one with her and the player looked a little bit tiny because I'm sitting way backward):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2955.jpg

Sania and HK Player Zhang Ling on the TV in the center court:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2883.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
nice pics, you got to see chak, your like so lucky!

Actually the ticket holder can have FREE autograph signing + photo taking with Vera/Michelle + Coco/Anna.

OMG, $100 USD for 4 days. and this is only my 1st day.

hugo2004
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the photos

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Photo of Mirza and Chak on court:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2994.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2996.jpg

Uranium
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
venus?:p

Noctis
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Wd Chrono :bigclap: Wheres My Jie :sobbing:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
:)

Zheng Jie on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2917.jpg

Venus on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2967.jpg

Coco on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2961.jpg

Dunno why, but somehow Coco looks like Wozniacki

sammy01
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
she looks more like wozniak to me

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Any Vera or Panova pics?

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Any Vera or Panova pics?

Panova would be playing doubles tomorrow.

Vera is here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2898.jpg

I wonder if I should make a LARGE banner to cheer for Jankovic
and
Should I buy a larger memory card to record a set of Jankovic-Venus match...
however the angle I'm sitting is too difficult to focus :o

Nederlander RUS
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM
thanks, Chrono!!! :worship:

any more photos of Michelle?

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Venus holding the flag in Opening Ceremony...
OMG, the OC sucks
the opening is like the olympics :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2870.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:45 PM
thanks, Chrono!!! :worship:

any more photos of Michelle?

Plenty.

Here's one more

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2988.jpg

Michelle + Coco after signing plenty autograph.
Both smile happily

Btw, after today, I start to like her.

Dodoboy.
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Venus :inlove:

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Actually I've taken picture with Anna and Michelle+Coco, but my look is like a monster:o
damn the photographer, but it's free though.

Eugenia
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks Chrono! :yeah: Are you going to Dulko's match tomorrow? :D

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
See those rackets and balls on the ground?
The players hit the ball onto the stand....if you are the lucky person, you would get a racket WITH AUTOGRAPH(Or another prize, I am not sure, but this is cool) :eek:
But only 2 balls flying to the east stand :sad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2874.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Chrono! :yeah: Are you going to Dulko's match tomorrow? :D

Yup. Definitely.

I would take some photos of szavay and dulko.
Also Panova and Venus and Jankovic tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

5:04 am here and :yawn:
I am tired.

Nederlander RUS
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Chrono thank you very much :)

duhcity
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Can I say im EXTREMELY jealous.

peanuts
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks! More Chakky pics please. :D I'd like to see more of the Fila outfit that she's wearing.

matty
Jan 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the report and photos--looks like you are having fun! CoCo looks pretty cute. Didn't know (or forgot) that Anna got bangs. I wonder if Jankovic is going to sign with Nike--I'll bet she is.

drake3781
Jan 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks; enjoyed your reports. I don't suppose you can find out how much the players are being paid for playing there? Is it in any news reports?

Inger67
Jan 8th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I know I'm really jealous too. I'd give anything to go see Venus. I think I'm going to the US Open in the summer. That'd be my dream to see Venus and Serena on Arthur Ashe :):hearts:

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:15 AM
New photos from last night:

Anna in Autograph session (A little bit shaky):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2937_b.jpg

Venus and Jelena in the OC, they look bored:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF2876_b.jpg

RJWCapriati
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Great pics of Anna :)

justine schnyder
Jan 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks!! Great reports and pics! :)

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
When is the final and what are the matchups?

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I am back.

Lots to tell and Lots of photos to show you guyz.

Callum
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM
When is the final and what are the matchups?

It's Venus vs Anna tomorrow, and Vera vs Gisela.

Then Sat, it's Venus vs Vera and Gisela vs Anna.

Then doubles if it's 2-2.

Direwolf
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I am back.

Lots to tell and Lots of photos to show you guyz.

busy day??
hehe...
just watched the match after news roundup
on pearl..
hehe...!!

picts picts...!!

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:16 PM
busy day??
hehe...
just watched the match after news roundup
on pearl..
hehe...!!

picts picts...!!

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Alright...OMG, you are hongkonger as well :eek:

Kampi
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
BIG THX to you Chrono:wavey::worship::D

Brena
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Chrono! I'm so sorry JJ was so disappointing today - let's hope the other matches will make up for it.

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:29 PM
GISELA at the autograph session:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3012.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Agnes friendly signed autograph even though a 2-hour-something defeat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3082.jpg

seltorin
Jan 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the pics

Mynarco
Jan 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Venus on court today...she wears black, better than yesterday:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3003.jpg

Vera and Panova...Vera's outfit :o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3032.jpg

Agnes served:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3061.jpg

Gisela served, OMG she is hot with her really short hot orange dress, like a goddess:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3068.jpg

Jie and Zhang Ling in the autograph session:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3050.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Autograph of Szavay (above) and Dulko (below):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3089.jpg

Autograph of Zheng Jie:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3088.jpg

Panova served:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3046.jpg

louisa.
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:09 AM
:worship: :worship:
Wonderful reports and pics Chrono!

V's a star
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM
DAY 2 UPDATE:

I am backkkkkkk guyz :woohoo: Surprisingly The match between Agnes and Gisela took more than two hours, and I left at 12:30am something, I barely caught the last train home :sad:

1st match: JJ vs Venus

I made a banner in order to cheer for Jankovic...here's the pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3086.jpg

Today I made this banner and tried to stick it like a protest sign. HOWEVER I DIDN'T REALIZE I AM SITTING TOO FRONT THAT MY BANNER WOULD BLOCK THE OTHERS' VIEW :sad:
So....I am dumb.

Anyway, the result I guessed you guyz knew it the same time as me....I was sitting there, I wanna cheer for her...but I couldn't...I feel like my Idol was like a deflated balloon....that's sad...

I tried to rush down the Inner ring for autograph, but it's at EAST wing, but I got the bags with me. FAIL. However, Jankovic was not that happy today, she seldom smiled:sad: Get back soon.

The 1st autograph session is Gisela Dulko....To my surprise she is a sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice girl :yeah:. When I gave her my giant ball, she said,"How are you today?" I was shocked to hear something like that :lol: and she signed the ball and took a picture with me :wavey: for FREE. I wished her best luck in Aussie Open, and she said thank you, warmly. GISELA YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON MY FAVOURITE LIST.

2nd match: Vera/Panova vs Jie/Zhang Ling

2nd matchup is the Russian duo with Zheng Jie and Zhang Ling. The homecrowd gave lots of support to the latter, and by the way, Panova surprised me. She could ace, her rally is good, and she could play well with Vera. Vera and Panova could beat Venus and coco, honestly.

Both teams' teamwork surprised. Clapping hands for every points. Jie and Zhang Ling however,wasn't playing really good....but that's OK, it's an Expo only.

Rushing to the inner Ring for photograph? Fail. However Russian duo were nice enough to toss their towel to the crowd :) Four players were willing to sign autographs.

2nd Autograph session: Zheng Jie and Zhang Ling

Yup, another autograph session, they arrived a bit late and I missed the 1st set of Gisela and Agnes. And when they signed the autograph they chatted with each other:o
I tried to greet them warmly and I got lukewarm response :o

3rd match: Szavay vs Dulko

To my surprise, this match is the best of today. Both players produce COUNTLESS AMAZING WINNERS :hearts:. I entered the court when Gisela leads 5-4, and saw Agnes choked :o 2 GP and let Gisela take the 1st set. At the beginning of the 2nd set, Agnes produced so many beautiful winners and broke Gisela (Almost a double break). However one of her crappy service game led the 2nd set to the tiebreak.

The TIEBREAK was just soooooooooooooo good...Gisela saved the first two (three?) set points beautifully. If she didn't DF at crucial moments, she would have won in two.

AND ANOTHER SURPRISE to me is that I thought Gisela would be deflated after 2nd set, but HELL NO!!!! She eventually won the whole match.

And this time I GOT THE AUTOGRAPH OF AGNES :yeah: :yeah:
And I got 2nd autograph of Gisela :yeah: :yeah:

So sad to see Europe loses though :crying2:

omg i saw u on tv last nite wit that banner lol. I thought JJ shud have taken u home wit her :drool: i wud have if i was her. but she was real embarrassed n wanted to get the hell outta there to bad

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:53 AM
omg i saw u on tv last nite wit that banner lol. I thought JJ shud have taken u home wit her :drool: i wud have if i was her. but she was real embarrassed n wanted to get the hell outta there to bad

OMG...REALLY :eek:?

I was the only one in the court making banner :lol:

-NAJ-
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:25 AM
i also saw you on TV.
there was more banners like "I Love JJ" but your banner is much bigger :)

sammy01
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:30 AM
i saw your banner to, didn't know it was you though! you was on the t.v woooooooooooo!

Marcelo.
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Saw you too :yeah: :D
Thanks for the pictures :worship:

Josh.
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
GISELA at the autograph session:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3012.jpg

YUM! :drool: :hearts:

bakkie pleur
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi, just back from day 1 match...2:54am here...the last match (Mirza vs Chakvetadze) just finished at 12:26am...

Well....I have to type something because this is the 1st time I've seen a REAL TOP TEN PLAYER playing tennis in front of me...it's just UNBELIEVABLE.....

Before the match:

1. I am surprised that this match got hawkeye. Brisbane didn't.
2. Actually there are stalls selling GIANT tennisball (sized like a basketball) at HKD 120 (just like around 15 USD) but I've bought my tiny ball only several bucks only (Coco find it difficult to sign and ignored me:o)
3. The weather is soooooo cold.

1st match: Zheng Jie vs Zvonareva....
Zheng Jie's Second serve and her serve is still her weakness. But she produced so many amazing winners that our whole crowds cheered for her.

Zheng also needed to improve how to consolidate her lead...she led at 5*-3 1st set but got broken and eventually went to the tiebreak

Zvonareva, I dunno if she was a subtle person or something else, sometime she just returned the ball and that's it.

After the 1st match, there is an autograph session. The 1st up is ANNA CHAKVETADZE. She is sooooooooooo cute in Real Person :hearts: but one ticket/souvenir can only be used to take a picture + autograph signing only, so I bought some souvenir for my future purpose.

The 2nd player for autograph is Vera. Unfortunately I'm watching the double and I couldn't get her autograph :sad:

2nd match is the Double of Jankovic/Michelle vs Coco/Venus.

Jankovic double technique stunned me, she was sooooooo good, and the audience enjoyed the match SOOOO MUCH.

a:In 1st set, when Michelle served her 1st point, the ball didn't even pass the net :spit: all the audience laughed at her

b:Michelle did produce some AMAZING WINNERS and she dare to rally with Venus. This girl got her future.

c:However I am somehow disappointed with Coco. Her performance is just :help:.Even Venus can't help grab a set. However, Jelena and Michelle showed good partnership. They would talk and clap for almost every point. Maybe Coco is just young or not experienced enough.

After the double match, there's another autograph session with both Michelle and Coco (Picture below). As I was queueing for the autograph, Venus walked beside me. OMG, she is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous :hearts:...but I can't leave and take picture with her, maybe next time.

3rd match: Anna vs Mirza

When I was queueing for autograph of Michelle and Coco, the match between Anna and Sania was playing. When I'm back it's already 1st set 5*-4 Chaky serves. It's good to see MIRZA IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :woohoo:
OMG, I have to say both Chak and Mirza kept UE-ing, and Chak looked sooooo pissed whenever she made an UE/making a DF....Mirza? I guess she would be back Top 50 soon...many beautiful winners but somehow she failed to maintain her strength at critical moment.

Funny thing in 2nd set. I guess it's the last 2 games, some Indian in the crowd cheered whenever Anna made a mistake/DF and said ANNA do it again, those people keep teasing Anna....and at that time Sania made mistake and Anna started to play tennis, she pumped fist + yelled come on!!!! toward the indian crowd...so funny :spit:

Honestly those crowd was soooo uneducated and the umpire needed to control the situation.

However I started to know why some people like Anna. OMG she is a player with EMOTION....When she yelled come on...I feel like I am seeing a REAL tennis player playing...even though her serve is still :help:

The good thing for the last match is that the stadium is half empty and I can sit lower and take better picture :yeah:

TO FINISH: the battery of my two Digital Cameras are depleted.

Are you the same Chrono from MTF?

Eugenia
Jan 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the report and the pics (specially of Gisela) :yeah:

Andiyan
Jan 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Chrono :D What a star! :bowdown: Thanks for the pics and reports, doing a great job!! You are having a blast it seems :)

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I am back from day 3.

Report and photo next.

Noctis
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I Saw you on Tv Too And I Took a picture :rolls:

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I Saw you on Tv Too And I Took a picture :rolls:

upload it please...i really wanna see how I look on TV...

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Picture first:

Venus's on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3098.jpg

Chakvetadze on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3106.jpg

Chakvetadze and a hot tv anchor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3130.jpg

Mirza on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3096.jpg

Vera on court:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3146.jpg

Vera busy signing autograph, SHE IS NICE!!!!:hearts:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3158.jpg

Sania
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3168.jpg

Sania leaving the court to the car
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3186.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Are you the same Chrono from MTF?

Yes:)

Mynarco
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:35 PM
OK, last post of tonight.
Tomorrow match starts at eleven am and it's 4:30am NOW.

I need to sleep. Another 4 matches tomorrow.

I would post more later on..

Szavay
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3180-1.jpg

Dulko
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3139.jpg

V's a star
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
wow ur so lucky u get to see all this great tennis. none around me :(

starin
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Day 3 Disappointment Continues

2nd match: Anna Chakvetadze vs Venus

I was a bit late and I realized that Anna broke first in the 1st set but she could not hold all her serve to the end. The match was above average, but some of the audience are SO annoying, including 3 boys sitting next to me (I dunno if you guyz on TV heard a moment that there are several shout-out contest between Anna and Venus). That's disgusting.

By the way, it's good to see the 1st set can be THAT close. Anna didn't behave bitchly(?) in the whole match. good for her.

After the match I tried to get Venus autograph but failed. She signed soooo little.

:eek: Venus and Chakvetadze were shouting at each other?
or did you mean the boys were shouting at each other.

Nederlander RUS
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Chrono, no Michelle/JJ photos?

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Great Anna pic!

Chakvetadze and a hot tv anchor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3130.jpg

nicidle
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM
OMG...REALLY :eek:?

I was the only one in the court making banner :lol:

http://appledaily.atnext.com/images/apple-photos/apple/20090110/large/AA12_01_d.jpg

haha. great! on appledaily

louisa.
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
omg! your famous! :hearts:

Andiyan
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:25 AM
OMG :rolls:

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
My eyes are closed :haha:
OMG, I am turned into a monster :devil:

I am back from day 4
I GOT VENUS AND JJ AUTOGRAPH:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM

I am back from day 4

Cool! Any news/photos from the 2nd CoCo/Venus doubles match. I've heard that CoCo played much better :angel:;).

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:58 PM
:bigclap: Your asleep there :lol:

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
And your on Apple newspaper :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:02 PM
omg! your famous! :hearts:

Maybe people will b asking for his autograph now :lol:;)

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
OMG, the server of tennisforum is really unstable.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
OMG, the server of tennisforum is really unstable.

I know, it keeps going offline every half hour or so for atleast 15 minutes at a time :sad:

Uranium
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM

I am back from day 4

Congrats:p

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Picture time :p :

Jelena taking autograph +picture with fans:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3212.jpg

Panova taking autograph and picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3237.jpg

Venus waiting for the Prize ceremony:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3250.jpg

Uranium
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:08 PM
:eek: Venus and Chakvetadze were shouting at each other?
or did you mean the boys were shouting at each other.

Can this question be answered?:p Thanks;)

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
JJ Look alright to me shes good for AO:D

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Can this question be answered?:p Thanks;)

oops, my typo.
It should be the supporters of Anna and Venus shoutout their favourite names in turns and louder...the fans need education.

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Oh who won :shrug:

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh who won :shrug:

I dunno, but the audience found it disgusting and SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH loudly

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Photo Again:

Coco and Venus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3257.jpg

Anna and Panova
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3254.jpg

Gisela with her hot orange dress again :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3235.jpg

The silver group ceremony in the morning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3194.jpg

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM
GISELA :hearts:
Who won in doubles :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
GISELA :hearts:
Who won in doubles :D

Venus and CoCo won 6/4 6/1 :bounce:

Xylon
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Chrono, I was there for the last two days and I saw you! HAAAAAA
You were often taking the empty seats closer to the court! HAAAAAA

Were you there all 4 days on your own? I think so, HAAAAA

Xylon
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
You were so clumsy while carrying that banner, haha!
And I got Venus' and JJ's autographs too~I even had a picture with Jelly...

You know what, it was so difficult to get Venus' autograph coz she didn't have any autograph session and didn't sign much after matches!

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
HAAAAA :o

TennisMindCamp
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:15 PM
very awesome shots!

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
You were so clumsy while carrying that banner, haha!
And I got Venus' and JJ's autographs too~I even had a picture with Jelly...

You know what, it was so difficult to get Venus' autograph coz she didn't have any autograph session and didn't sign much after matches!

I admit- the 1st time I brought the banner is not that convenient, and I have to carry ALL my belonging since I go to the court alone. So my banner has hit many people's head already :lol:

I got venus's autograph after the double match with coco. Venus didn't hav auograph session, that's poor..but anyway, got 12 autograph is already an achievement. Yup, I take picture with Jankovic as well.

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Chrono, I was there for the last two days and I saw you! HAAAAAA
You were often taking the empty seats closer to the court! HAAAAAA

Were you there all 4 days on your own? I think so, HAAAAA

Yup, the attendants don't care and I took the inner court seats when it's the last match of every day, easier to get autograph (you see, today is a chaos)

GracefulVenus
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
nice thread!!!

Noctis
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:41 PM
You and JJ's Pic.? upload please,

Mynarco
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:45 PM
alright, I have to scan it.

Nederlander RUS
Jan 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, Michelle photos :worship:

louisa.
Jan 11th, 2009, 03:30 AM

I am back from day 4
:hearts: you are so lucky!

I admit- the 1st time I brought the banner is not that convenient, and I have to carry ALL my belonging since I go to the court alone. So my banner has hit many people's head already :lol:

:spit: :rolls:
And yes, please upload the piccie with JJ :D

Mynarco
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Finally I got time to update.
I have taken photo with Jelena, Michelle and Coco, Anna, Sania, Panova, Gisela, Zheng Jie and Zhang Ling.
Gisela, Anna and Michelle were soooooo nice and signed the photo:)

Jelena and ME
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/ScannedImage.jpg

Gisela and ME
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/ScannedImage-2.jpg

Michelle, Coco and ME
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/ScannedImage-3.jpg

Anna and ME
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/ScannedImage-4.jpg

Noctis
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Jealousy :hearts: Well You certainly had a great time :yeah:

Mynarco
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Venus last day on court, her outfit is different on every day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3242.jpg

Vera
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3246.jpg

Mynarco
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3263.jpg
So here is my "reward" after the HK EXPO:
My banner with Jelena's autograph
A large tennis ball with 3 smaller ones with ALL 12 autographs
A 1000-piece puzzle won from a game stall outside centre court :spit:
A souvenir signed by Mirza :)
A tennis ball used in the match grabbed from the attendant's toss
Photo with Panova, Mirza, Anna, Gisela, Michelle and Coco, Jie and Zhang Ling, Jelena
I only missed the session of Szavay and Vera

serenus_2k8
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Aww looks great, glad to see people going to support these events and having a great time :o

Noctis
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Total Outburst this is better than What You get from Gs :sobbing:

Oswald56
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing

louisa.
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/chrono1217/DSCF3263.jpg
So here is my "reward" after the HK EXPO:
My banner with Jelena's autograph
A large tennis ball with 3 smaller ones with ALL 12 autographs
A 1000-piece puzzle won from a game stall outside centre court :spit:
A souvenir signed by Mirza :)
A tennis ball used in the match grabbed from the attendant's toss
Photo with Panova, Mirza, Anna, Gisela, Michelle and Coco, Jie and Zhang Ling, Jelena
I only missed the session of Szavay and Vera

:hearts: so awesome.
I hope you plan to go back next year! :bounce: