PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, sweetheart

John A Roark
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM
You were the only reason I ever took an interest in women's tennis.
Graceful, lithe, charming...and the most beautiful woman on the courts.
Whatever your new life brings, may it be all you wish for.
Go with Christ, my dear, and may His spirit give you that peace which passes all understanding.
I love you.

Lunatiq
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I love too Mary...

FrenchY52
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mary will always be a legend, and I think she was the first tennis player whom I heard the name of, when I was like 6. I had great times following her from 2003-2006.

mauritsolei
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm going to miss her (just read it and i'm in shockkkkkkk) I just miuss her smile, her gameplay (loved her smaking just hers) ........

sebbe
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Well what is there to say? Mary gave us alot of thrilling memories....but I must say it doesn't come as a surprise though of course it's depressing. Hope is the last thing that leaves.

I have not read the article but it's wierd cuz just a couple of weeks ago Mary said that she wasn't ready yet for a retirement.

Andy.
Jan 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I must say deep down I never really saw her coming back to the tour but it is still devastating. She was the person that brought me into tennis and was my original huge favourite. Im so sad the I will never get to see a new Mary match. Goodbye Queen Mary. What a fantastic career she had.

dannypierce
Apr 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM
So is Pierce officially retired? Like totally gonzo? Can somebody provide some source?

MPStylee
Apr 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I'm so sad!!! I haven't been on here in a while but I used to read threads here quite often so when I logged on I was shocked!!! I've been a fan of hers since 1995! I will miss her!!! I'm so glad I got to see her play!!! She rocks still!!! Hopefully she'll stay involved in tennis!!!

MPStylee
Apr 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm so sad!!! I haven't been on here in a while but I used to read threads here quite often so when I logged on I was shocked!!! I've been a fan of hers since 1995! I will miss her!!! I'm so glad I got to see her play!!! She rocks still!!! Hopefully she'll stay involved in tennis!!!

So, she's not really retiring!?! I thought it was strange I couldn't find any press on it!!! Thank goodness 'cause she is 34, she can still comeback if she wants!!! And she can't end on what happened at Linz!!! Even if she plays one more match I will be stoked!!! Go Mary! You can do anything!