PDA

View Full Version : How to forehand return Serena's serve!!!

liuxuan
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:24 PM
for many people, Serena possesses the greatest serve womens tennis has ever seen. Many have even said it single handedly won her grandslams in the past, for example the 2007 Australian Open when the rest of her game was rusty and her fitness was below par.

She has never been more lethal than she was in 2002, but fast foreward this clip to 5:45 and just watch how its done!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hqkVUD235zI

The first four forehand returns from Jennifer, especially the first one are just devestating, and completely show how to take command of a rally against Serena from the first strike!

Fair enough, Serena didnt play an amazing game, but she wasnt given the chance to because Jennifer didnt allow her. Its forehands like that that just make me miss Jennifer sooooo much!"!! Her forehand returns are amongst the very best weve ever seen, only Steffi's is better to me, and Davenport's on the second serve. Her forehand on the run is maybe the best ever too!

Back in those days if only her Serve was as reliable, she would have undoubtedly won more slams, and if she wwere around playing like that today, she would take care of players like Ivanovic and Jankovic and Sharapova no problem!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Serena hits weak serve's sometimes [every player does, no one can hit consistently good serves], like she did in that point, nothing special :shrug:

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Spetacular return from Jennifer, that bomb... Serena was out of sorts in that game

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:56 PM
you would think that serena was serving bombs in that game :weirdo:

VishaalMaria
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:04 AM
The type of serving shown by Serena in that match ISN'T the type of serving she portrayed when winning slams like the AO 07.

Serena's Hubby
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
woooow serena was really serving good ...not??? ..when your on a roll u go for shots and she was going for broke b/c she was confident..and if that was the case to return serena's serve like that...then WHY DIDN'T CAPRIATI WHEN THE MATCH?????...if she really knew how to hit her serve from the forehand side she would have won the match, if she really knew...???? im not trying to beat down on you but i mean fareal get serious..

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:26 AM
ew i am eating dinner and i see capriati's eyes being eaten by large parasites

great.

RJWCapriati
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:29 AM
woooow serena was really serving good ...not??? ..when your on a roll u go for shots and she was going for broke b/c she was confident..and if that was the case to return serena's serve like that...then WHY DIDN'T CAPRIATI WHEN THE MATCH?????...if she really knew how to hit her serve from the forehand side she would have won the match, if she really knew...???? im not trying to beat down on you but i mean fareal get serious..

Great effort from Jennifer considering she could barely see since that was pre eye surgery.

Also.....is it that hard to spell WIN right? :wavey:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM
:lol: