PDA

View Full Version : Auckland R2: E. Vesnina (RUS) def. [6] N. Vaidisova (CZE) 6-4 6-3

kaktusino
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Another good win for Vesnina in two sets, well done. :)
Come on Lena, need a win over Wozniacki.

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
:spit:

Dawson.
.................................................. .............................

I have no idea what to say anymore

Miss Amor
And the slump continues.....

égalité
Oh my god Nicole is so bad :haha:

Good job Lena :hearts:

Demska
Amazing Elena :woohoo:

Lena served big, 7 aces :drool: Played a good match too :)

Nicole sucked too :lol:

Please beat Pusherazcki ! :D

Keadz
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Good win for Vesnina, she was playing really solid and serving well.

Vaidisova obviously wasn't playing well but atleast she was fighting in that last game, thought she would give up.

Ciarán
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Disgrace.

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Go figure. I knew the Alla match had to be low level.

duhcity
What an ugly ugly ugly match.

Marcelo.
Nicole :shrug: :sobbing:

Elena :D

Temperenka
Nicole, I really think you should take even more time off. There was some improvement here though... I guess? :( :S

Minotaur
Nicole with another 'stunning' performance

Sexysova
I have no words.. just crying.. please dumb Felgate.. your tactic will never be great so hire anybody who can learn you footwork.. because that's pathetic.. even your serve was off whole tournament.. :sobbing:

good job Vesnina though you didn't have to do anything.. especially in the second set :o

The Dawntreader
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Great win for Vesnina in the 'Battle of the Slumpers'.

Nicole was just slapping the ball around, return was off, serve looked a shadow of its former self and Elena was out-hitting her at times :shrug:

I do like Elena's game though, as simplistic as it is. Has a great service action, and a great serve potentially. Has a good one-two punch with the serve and forehand:)

dybbuk
My first time watching Nicole in ages. She's just awful. Not a single part of her game is even near what it was 2 years ago. Her groundstrokes frequently alternate between mid-court and long, her serve especially is pathetic now. I used to love watching her serve. Now she's so lazy about it, just reaching her arm up and falling straight back down. It was an awful sight to see her play.

Vesnina. :tape: My first time watching her in quite a while too. I don't remember her being so boring. She just seems to be there. Rarely does she ever capture your attention for more than a fleeting second. She's not fast enough to be a pusher or counterpuncher, neither is she strong enough for power play. She just seems to scrap, and fairly badly at that.

TheBoiledEgg
Lena ;) :) :)
Nicole's lost it completely

VIKA?
Vesna superwoman:hearts::hearts::bounce: congrats:yeah:

Nicole:hug: u need a new brain:tape:

égalité
On that overhead Nicole missed, her footwork seriously looked like it belonged to a person who'd never played tennis before :spit:

Get yo shit TOGeThER!!!!!!11

lucho_coria
A lot of UE of Vaidisova , i dont know what happen.

FERLKE
Robotsova :wavey:

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Nicole was such a mess... she made one of the most ridiculous UEs I've seen recently (Lucić takes the cake, and I'm yet to see Ana... but she's gonna be high on the list I'm sure). Gosh, and that footwork... :tape:
Pleased for Lena though, she looked really thrilled to have won. Did play well in the last games, with some nice winners. :yeah:

Slutiana
:woohoo: So happy for Elena!!!!!

Nemo_Kool
the longer a rally goes on the more you know Vaidisova is gonna hit it miles out or into the net...was really willing her on, you just wonder where the game that beat all those top players throughout 2006/7 has gone?

égalité
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
And :spit: at the post-match interviewer actually pronouncing "Elena" correctly and then ruining it with "Vesneesa."

patch.
Nicole was poor and it was painful to watch :tape: I really dont see any improvment :sobbing:

Congrats to Lena though :D

RR-87
Lena :yeah: :kiss:

Nicole :haha: :help:

Craigy
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Absolutely pathetic. Go follow Radek around. :bigwave:

Pasta-Na
same nicole :o

Nikkiri
Nicole you suck. :haha:

FERLKE
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:35 PM
What an ugly ugly ugly match

Vaidisova = ugly tennis :o

Iceland
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I have only found out how bad Nicole has become, wow it's one of the most shameful performances I have seen in quite a while. You can see she's talented but God, she lacks serious practice so much. She is hitting her shots without any accuracy, she doesn't care if she is on the right position or not, she keeps hitting hard and hard. Terrible, I wonder why she has bothered to start this new season ... I mean, she doesn't even try different things ... she shows up without any game plan and zero intentions of play. She looks like a challenger player who is discovering how to construct points. I fail to understand all this!

Nice result for Vesnina though who did well to stay focused.

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
elena played decent, nicole was crap like against alla but elena has a decent serve so it made the difference today.

Slutati
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Retire, Nicole. :rolleyes:
Well done, Elena.

améliemomo
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
sad to see nicole so disappointing there, she is still slumping right now not finding solutions:sad:

Josh.
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Vesnia :yeah:

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Sad to see Nicole in that slump... and she has the Sydney semi-final points to defend either...

Temperenka
Retire, Nicole. :rolleyes:
Well done, Elena.

A Jelena Dokic fan should understand that retirement is not the answer for slumping players. :confused:

Frode
I'm glad Elena got a win, and it's nice to se her serve has improved:)
She did what she had to do.;)

But, it's really sad to see Nicole like this. She's just a shadow of the player she was 2 years ago, and that's an awfull thing to say about a 19 year old girl.

I hope she get's it together soon.:)

homogenius
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Ugly match.Both almost unable to hold, df, ue....Vesnina was a bit less craptastic today and it made the difference.

#kArLoS#
incredible,pathetic,no words:tape:
Nicole is stupid,she can do it much better,I don´t know why she played like today:o:help::haha:
This match is great,great high quality*ironic*:smoke:,one of the pathetic matches I´ve seen.
Congrats to Vesnina and doing better against CW in QF:zzz:

Iceland
My first time watching Nicole in ages. She's just awful. Not a single part of her game is even near what it was 2 years ago. Her groundstrokes frequently alternate between mid-court and long, her serve especially is pathetic now. I used to love watching her serve. Now she's so lazy about it, just reaching her arm up and falling straight back down. It was an awful sight to see her play.
I have the same feeling as you and you chose the right word, she is just lazy. She can but she doesn't want. Not committed enough into work, she doesn't seem to care that much (it seems even fake when she tries to look pissed!) ... Her current game tells so much about how poor a talented player can be without training. There is just no coordination, no consistency. It's not even a problem of confidence. All about motivation. She should get back to work when there is still time though, she might regret it.

ChinChin
Nicole :o

Slutati
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:45 PM
A Jelena Dokic fan should understand that retirement is not the answer for slumping players. :confused:
I wasn't serious and I'm a Nicole fan too. :)

Vespertine69
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hmm, Nicole was pretty bad, but some of you need to give Vesnina a bit more credit for a very competent performance... just because Elena V doesn't hit the cover off the ball or have a standout weapon, doesn't make her a tennis non-entity. Her game isn't obviously flashy (although she has really worked on the serve by the look of today's match) and she's never going to be a world-beater, but her shot selection is good and she has nice disguise on her shot direction.

Nicole may be slumping and out of practice, but it required Vesnina's play to make her look quite so poor - although Nicole does seem like she'd potentially miss any old floated ball these days, it's naive to think that's true in the context of a whole match.

Congrats to Vesnina and her fans... always nice to see a player who looks like they are really trying to do the best they can with the game they possess.

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:47 PM
It doesn't look good and with the exception of Wimbledon last year it has been a very poor 12 months. Nicole is rapidly becoming a "has been" already

Being 6 feet tall and weighing less than 140 pounds can't be healthy.

Noctis
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I am Starting to Believe Nicole Rigged the drug test In 06/07
:rolleyes: What the duck is that? A Itf junior displaying crappy tennis.Get it together of retire Nicole

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Ula Radwańska > Vesnina > Vaidisova:bounce::tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Well it's nice that Vesnina is making her move but Nicole lately is so predictable on court.

Cakeisgood
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Nicole, how do you do it? Vesnina is not a strong player. GET IT TOGETHER

disco_rage
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Well done Elena. Sad to see that Nicole is not living up to her potential.

iPatty
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I only caught the first couple of games and Vesnina was serving big and hitting a lot of winners. Either her level dropped considerably or some Vaidisova fans are just too biased to see what really happened in this match.

dybbuk
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I only caught the first couple of games and Vesnina was serving big and hitting a lot of winners. Either her level dropped considerably or some Vaidisova fans are just too biased to see what really happened in this match.

Yes, it did drop. The end of the first set in particular was filled with both double faulting and spraying errors on their serves. There was quite a large number of love-40 games.

Wintermute
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Nice to Lena stringing some decent wins together.

homogenius
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:01 AM

Breakfest from the midle of first to the midle of second set (and not because both were firing return winners right and left).Vesnina did raise up her level a bit to close out the match but really the whole thing wasn't pretty.

LindsayRulz
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Nicole :help:

Rod the Bama
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
It looks like some things don`t change here with Nikki in the new year. :rolleyes: :help:

Martian KC
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Alla should've taken care of her in the 1st round. Elena getting vengeance.:banana:

Corswandt
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Saw the last set.

Vesnina has no weapons off the ground and is a bit inconsistent, but she's resourceful and has good shot selection. Her FH isn't penetrating and still has the same timing problems after three years, but it held up well enough to nullify Vaidisova's last remaining weapon (the sharply angled CC FH). Wisely chose not to go for too much, since Vaidisova couldn't keep herself even in mid-pace rallies. Serve ranged from good to unreliable as always.

All of those shots that randomly sailed long for no apparent reason and several BHs which Vaidisova just fumbled show how her footwork right now is barely pro level. It's so bad that she almost never managed to run around her BH. She's now almost as easy to wrongfoot as Misa Krajicek. But the easiest way to draw an error out of her is actually to hit straight back at her. She was so often out of place and late on the ball that nearly all her shots were hit on the run. She thus can't keep the ball deep with any consistency, hits with surprisingly little pace, and the only winners she hits are frighteningly low % as she is seemingly unable to put anything away, or even to be aggressive off neutral rally shots from her opponent. She hit her FH nearly always CC for higher % with some success, and as for successes that was pretty much it. Bad footwork (again) often forced her to hit her BH with an abbreviated follow-through and lots of topspin, but that wasn't her biggest problem today as controlling the ball when returning that heavy topspin BH is actually very difficult (at least according to Azarenka - maybe not just an excuse as Vesnina did botch a couple of shots when returning that BH).

She won about as many points with her 1st serve as one expects her to, and closed out a couple of service games with no more than a half dozen shots - but also gifted to Vesnina two breaks in games in which she had GPs. Return game was par for the course - a couple of huge winners and lots of netted returns. She often hopped into her returns rather than moving her feet to set up the shot properly.

Conor
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I do believe I called this result :angel: Nicole was so hit and miss in her first match.

Lulu.
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Nikki. :o

You are hopeless right now.

The Daviator
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM
She looks so listless on court, really doesn't seem to care, and that's not gonna lead to a lot of success.

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Nicole. It was painful to watch :sobbing: GET IT TOGETHER, GURLL!!!11

Hardiansf
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:24 AM
As expected. Nicole, please do something. You are better than this.

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:27 AM
wow nicole.

sunsfuns
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I didn't see this one, but saw Nicole play against Alla and it was pathetic. So you are saying she managed to lower her level even more? :lol:

Orbis
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Congrats to Vesnina. Looks like Vaidisova is still struggling. :(
She better find her real game soon.

SelesFan70
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Too bad for Nicole that tennis is 70% mental! :o

Roookie
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Saw it comming. Somehow she won that awful first round match against Alla, but she played terrible.

tiffanykatya.
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:37 AM
such a heartbreaking result...:help:
Nicole, please find some form and play well again

Mynarco
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Nicole :sad:
Please retire.

iGOAT
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Nikki :hug: Keep trying!

Lena :)

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Nicole :tape: :help: :o :shrug:
Lena V :yeah:

Nicolas
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Vesnina..... Too sexy for words :drool: :hearts: :lick:

Hashim.
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Nicole:tape::sobbing:

welldone Vesnina:yeah:

Dodoboy.
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM
:crying2:

Dodoboy.
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:48 AM
The comments on all these matches have been so focused and passionate! I want to watch these matches!

Maybe not THIS match though :unsure:

Merseykmight
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
:bigcry::crying2::tears::banghead::smash:

adrovi
Jan 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
:tape::tape::tape:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM
:sad:

joăo.
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
i lol'd.

Effy
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
:o thats just :o

ivanban
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
lenaV :hearts: loving how she started this season :drool: Now beat Caro :rocker2:

Nicole :spit:

Il Primo!
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Nicole, losing to that girl! :spit:

Elwin.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
:o

Emina.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:56 PM
:lol:

well done Elena! :yeah:

darkangel23