PDA

View Full Version : Will Serena win another French Open?

Aaron.
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM
So she could have won all slams atleast twice

Will she?

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Never.

doni1212
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Of course she will. Now Demska, Dementieva on the other hand....:rolls: :lol: That's a never!

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I favour Anas chances, but if she brings her something to prove attitude, she will be dangerous

Miss Amor
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Serena ,if she plays decent tennis, has only two opponents for the FO title- Ana and Dinara. So I would say she has a fairly good chance of winning it this year. Serena, Ana and Dinara are the top three contentdors for the title.

Cp6uja
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
She have at least two very big problemOVIC for that.

VishaalMaria
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Serena ,if she plays decent tennis, has only two opponents for the FO title- Ana and Dinara. So I would say she has a fairly good chance of winning it this year. Serena, Ana and Dinara are the top three contentdors for the title.

And Jelena.

Lucas_Arg
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I don't know if Serena will win a slam again, but if she does (which she is of course able to do) it won't be the French one.

VishaalMaria
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
She have at least two very big problemOVIC for that.

IMHO, She'd pummel Ana but would have major problems against Jelena.

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
On her best form and fully fit, she would win it

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM

don't forget jelena and *gulp* dementieva.

Miss Amor
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:32 PM
don't forget jelena and *gulp* dementieva.

I was talking about winning a slam, not a t4 in Bad Gastien

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:42 PM

What do Schiavone and Parmentier have to do with this discussion?;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:20 AM
She was in great form last year, and just had a bad day against the wrong player. If she plays as well last year as she did for most of the clay season (minus that whole "I can't close out a match" thing), she could certainly hold up another FO trophy.

Ciarán
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:23 AM
No. But I think she will bag another USO or AO

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I don't know if Serena will win a slam again, but if she does (which she is of course able to do) it won't be the French one.

:weirdo:

Lulu.
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM
She will win another FO before her career is over.

winone23
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM
It's Serena Williams were talking about, so the answer is yes.

Lucemferre
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Probably not but I wouldn't imagine the level of her greatness if she did. Winning every major title at least twice is :eek:

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM
if her footwork is on, and her heart is in the right place, she'll win it this year. she isn't getting younger and it's her hardest surface. look for her to run DEEP this year.

Serena's Hubby
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
i thnk we all know if she is in good shape and form she can..wether this year idk..but i mean bottom line she'll win another before her career is over :rolleyes: but Jankovic is one player that I think could beat her on clay if serena is playing decent..but at her best she would definitely beat whomever ..but she has to be in good shape and good form..then we're racking up!!!!!!!

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:41 AM
if she plays like she did in '08 @ the USO, yes!

Volcana
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Well, she can basically half-ass her way into the second week, even on clay. She's just that much better than the players outside the top ten. Once she gets to the QFs, she'll have to bring her 'A' game three staight matches.

So can she? Sure.
Will she? If it isn't this year or next year, no.

CJ07
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Her game is actually well suited to clay now as Serena has decided to abandon flat strokes for more topspin. And in all fairness she lost to Henin, Capriati, Henin again and the Srebotnik since she won in 2002. Thats 2 champions - one of whom is one of the best clay court player of all time - and a top 20 player.

It entirely depends on when she gets injured and the draw. But if she can make it to the second week, I can certainly see her winning.

doni1212
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:30 AM

:haha: :rolls:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Her game is actually well suited to clay now as Serena has decided to abandon flat strokes for more topspin. And in all fairness she lost to Henin, Capriati, Henin again and the Srebotnik since she won in 2002. Thats 2 champions - one of whom is the best clay court player of all time - and a top 20 player.

It entirely depends on when she gets injured and the draw. But if she can make it to the second week, I can certainly see her winning.

I think Evert will have something to say about that. I don't think Graf would be too happy to see Henin above her either!

CJ07
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I meant one of the best, not THE best. My mistake

Amalgamate
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
If Serena doesn't emotionally disappear then yes :rocker2:

serenafan08
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I think she will win another French Open. She seems hungry enough for it, and she understands that clay requires extra work in terms of fitness and gameplan. Honestly the only one that can stop her is her; we've seen what she can do when she puts her mind to a task. I think a match between she and Jelena would be an instant classic; her power vs Jelena's defense on clay would be fun to watch.

Aaron.
May 31st, 2010, 07:44 AM
I don't know if Serena will win a slam again, but if she does (which she is of course able to do) it won't be the French one. :spit:

LeonHart
May 31st, 2010, 07:45 AM
Not a chance - unless Henin Clijsters all the russians retire before her.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 31st, 2010, 08:27 AM

+3 since this post :haha:

missvarsha
May 31st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Yes, in 2010

Arnian
May 31st, 2010, 12:26 PM
might as well wait until this tournament is over before you bump it :lol:

Mina Vagante
May 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Stop bumping threads :o

But, Yes.

goldenlox
May 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Of course she can. Right now she is 2nd favorite, and no one is sure if Justine is back or not.
You cant judge from a clay Sharapova match

jonny84
May 31st, 2010, 12:44 PM
I think depends on if there is a Serena vs Justine quarter final - I think the winner will come from those two.

Calypso
May 31st, 2010, 01:57 PM
She has a good chance this year.

If she can get past Henin, she'll probably be the favorite to win it all.

Noctis
May 31st, 2010, 01:57 PM
Not a chance - unless Henin Clijsters all the russians retire before her.

Ok.

friendsita
May 31st, 2010, 07:09 PM
last year she lost a great opportunity... hope she can do it this year

BluSthil
May 31st, 2010, 07:32 PM
I believe Serena has 2 years to win RG. After that, the young guns will prove to be too much...

~{X}~
May 31st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well now all the pressure is on her to win. Her greatest obstacle is out of the way. Can she beat Stosur, possibly Jankovic and then either Petrova/Dementieva/Wozniacki in the Final...in a row? Of course she can, but this is clay and now she is the favorite.

This is like Roger last year, I hope she wins... really I do.

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:11 AM
Of course she can. Right now she is 2nd favorite, and no one is sure if Justine is back or not.
You cant judge from a clay Sharapova matchNot bad. I knew the Sharapova match was loaded with bad tennis

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 1st, 2010, 01:17 AM
Well, she can basically half-ass her way into the second week, even on clay. She's just that much better than the players outside the top ten. Once she gets to the QFs, she'll have to bring her 'A' game three staight matches.
'Nuff said.

Aaron.
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM

So can she? Sure.
Will she? If it isn't this year or next year, no. Preach :worship:

Aaron.
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM
+3 since this post :haha: IKR :lol:

LightWarrior
Jun 1st, 2010, 02:31 AM
More than ever.

Stamp Paid
Jun 1st, 2010, 04:06 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/14c79fp.gif

mdterp01
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:41 AM
She blew it last year losing to damn Kuznetsova :rolleyes: I'm still pissed about that loss. This year may be truly her last great chance to win the French Open and by winning one more it would truly cement her status that no current player today I think will even come close to in winning each major at least twice. C'MON PRINCESS REE!!!! :armed:

friendsita
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM
She blew it last year losing to damn Kuznetsova :rolleyes: I'm still pissed about that loss. This year may be truly her last great chance to win the French Open and by winning one more it would truly cement her status that no current player today I think will even come close to in winning each major at least twice. C'MON PRINCESS REE!!!! :armed:

ITA with everything u wrote :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM

I'm still

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/snoop.gif

at that EPIC FAIL FUCKING CHOKEBOMB Kuznetsova comeback.

Gdsimmons
Jun 1st, 2010, 05:59 AM

Soooo very true