PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Wozniacki will NOT reach top 10 this year.

Pages : [1] 2

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
:)

NOTE: This is not a thread to bash her. Just a prediction.

Aaron.
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
spell prediction right dumbska

Oh and Elena wont win a slam in her career ever :D

NyCPsU
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I disagree.

pwayne
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Caroline will be in the Top 10 before the clay season begins.

winone23
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM
yes she will

Temperenka
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Caroline > Elena.

AnnaK_4ever
She will. Due to the fall of Sharapova and Kuznetsova and Radwanska' struggles.

AndreConrad
This statement is predicated on????

améliemomo
you will look dumb when she'll reach it this year:o

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I wonder how long it will take before this thread is bumped once Wozniacki does get into the top 10. :shrug:

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
This statement is predicated on????

her pusher game

The Dawntreader
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Being a bit more expansive with your statement could give a greater catalyst to your thread, but oh well:lol:

I'd say she will. Dont know when and i'm unsure for how long, but i can see her sneaking in at some point, perhaps even after Australia :shrug:

Her game is improving steadily, but my danger for her is- where is that outstanding weapon. The majority of the top 10 have one shot that creates a distinction from them and lesser players. With Caroline, i see consistency and tenacity but i dont see the stand-out shot. The backhand has the potential to be a weapon, but i think still atm her game is a little conservative.

At Wimby for example against Jankovic, she could've won the match in straights had she taken more chances with the ball. Her technique hardly lends itself to be aggressibve though, as she takes big swings at the ball and thus doesnt take the ball that early as a result. Has an improving serve though:)

Demska
I wonder how long it will take before this thread is bumped once Wozniacki does get into the top 10. :shrug:

Probably never as she won't reach the top 10.

NOTE: This is not a bashing thread of Wozniacki. I just want to make a public prediciton

Marionated
She probably will, but she'll definitely be the weak link of the top 10 that no one really sees as a threat on a regular basis to the rest of the top 10 (kinda like Aga now).

Predication :spit:

Callum
She will, quite soon too I imagine.

Whether she's still there at the end of the year, I am not so sure of...

ViennaCalling
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Caroline > Elena.

:ignore:

AndreConrad
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
her pusher game

I guess she has to be more of a pusher than Agnieszka since she made it to the top 10 :shrug:...

DragonFlame
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
If she plays as well on hardcourt last year, she definetly will. you're really gonna bite yourself in the back if caroline beats elena this weekend you know that?:tape:

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Caroline > Elena.

Yes, because 11 career titles > 3

No4 > No. 12

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I guess she has to be more of a pusher than Agnieszka since she made it to the top 10 :shrug:...

Radwanska has some dimensions to her game. Wozniacki doesnt

sunsfuns
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM
No need to bash Elena here, but it would be funny if she were to lose to Caro this week. I am now rooting for it!!! :)

Ferg
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:55 PM

No4 > No. 12

But Caroline = 18 years of age
Elena = 27 :p

You cant compare them like that is Elena has been playing for 9 more years, and Wozniacki only played her first full season. :wavey:

Temperenka
Elena = 26 :p

You cant compare them like that is Elena has been playing for 8 more years, and Wozniacki only played her first full season. :wavey:

you took the words right out of my mouth. :)

ViennaCalling

You cant compare them like that is Elena has been playing for 8 more years, and Wozniacki only played her first full season. :wavey:

I knew this age-comment will follow :sobbing:

I can´t stand Demskatard, but a comment like Elena > Caro is dumb ... at least now!

wondoka
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:)

I don't know why you have so much against her and frankly I don't care about your opinions. I don't even want to go into any serious dialog about this matter with you because you're one of the most unskilled tennis-"experts" on this board. :devil:

Ciarán
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Such a troll :weirdo:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM

So what?
Dementieva's achievements are FACTS. Unlike Wozniacki's future.

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I don't know why you have so much against her and frankly I don't care about your opinions. I don't even want to go into any serious dialog about this matter with you because you're one of the most unskilled tennis-"experts" on this board. :devil:

I don't reallt have much against her as a person, she seems nice. Just think she is MAJORLY hyped and there isn't much to her game.

Leo_DFP
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Bold prediction, but I think a wrong one. I think she will most likely make the top ten at some point this seaosn.

However, I don't think she's very talented at all. I don't get the hype. She's just another mediocre European baseliner with topspin. Nothing exceptional to her game.

Demska
So what?

Oh stop it! :worship: :bowdown: :worship:

markdelaney
I expect her to make the top 5 this year

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Caroline > Elena.

I wouldn't say that at all...certainly not yet. But I find it very intriguing that almost all Caroline Wozniacki's biggest detractors happen to be big Dementieva fans. There should almost be some kind of secret subforum within the main Dementieva forum for Dementieva fans to share their dislike of Wozniacki with each other.

What makes this for funny is that the two players have so much in common. Both are tall attractive physically powerful women. Both have quite similar games too although this is the last thing any Dementieva fan would want to hear. Yes, Elena hits harder than Caroline. But she is older too. Caroline is actually a better player than Elena was at the same age. Presently I'd say their high percentage groundies combined with great court coverage games are much the same aside from the fact that Caroline still lacks a little of Elena's pace. I really do think if Dementieva fans are honest they will admit are threatened by this young emerging Dementieva Mark II and want to do everything in their power to disparage her. Not that I think Wozniacki's game is the greatest thing since sliced bread, far from it. I too find her playing style quite dull and monotonous although highly effective and smart. Then again, I'd say the same about Elena's game.

Ferg
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
So what?

The girl reached #12 in the world in her very first full season in the tour. :rolleyes: At this rate she'll pass Dementieva out in 2 years. Stop being so certain she'll fail, because she wont. I wouldnt be surprised to see her in the Top 5 in 2 or 3 years time, maybe sooner. Im not even a big fan of hers, im just being realistic.

AndreConrad
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Radwanska has some dimensions to her game. Wozniacki doesnt
I am impressed you were able to say something positive about Agnieszka; I even agree to an extend. I believe, however, that you may have to eat your own words. Caroline is still very young and she may be capable of adding some dimensions. She may also become more athletic than today.

Meteor Shower
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Wozniacki reached #12? :eek:
Wow, I really didn't follow tennis last season. I have no idea. When was that? and how?

Marionated
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:04 PM
There are girls in her age range with much bigger games. Vika has more potential to be top 5 imo.

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't say that at all...certainly not yet. But I find it very intriguing that almost all Caroline Wozniacki's biggest detractors happen to be big Dementieva fans. There should almost be some kind of secret subforum within the main Dementieva forum for Dementieva fans to share their dislike of Wozniacki with each other.

What makes this for funny is that the two players have so much in common. Both are tall attractive physically powerful women. Both have quite similar games too although this is the last thing any Dementieva fan would want to hear. Yes, Elena hits harder than Caroline. But she is older too. Caroline is actually a better player than Elena was at the same age. Presently I'd say their high percentage groundies combined with great court coverage games are much the same aside from the fact that Caroline still lacks a little of Elena's pace. I really do think if Dementieva fans are honest they will admit are threatened by this young emerging Dementieva Mark II and want to do everything in their power to disparage her. Not that I think Wozniacki's game is the greatest thing since sliced bread, far from it. I too find her playing style quite dull and monotonous although highly effective and smart. Then again, I'd say the same about Elena's game.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Wow. Worst post of the year.

ViennaCalling
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The girl reached #12 in the world in her very first season in the tour. :rolleyes: At this rate she'll pass Dementieva out in 2 years. Stop being so certain she'll fail, because she wont. I wouldnt be surprised to see her in the Top 5 in 2 or 3 years time, maybe sooner. Im not even a big fan of hers, im just being realistic.

She played her first tournaments in 2005 http://www.webmaster-netz.de/images/smilies/taetschel.gif

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
There are girls in her age range with much bigger games. Vika has more potential to be top 5 imo.

I agree. Vika will make top 10. She has POTENT groundies, good experience in doubles and a good serve. Everything Wozniacki lacks.

Ferg
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM
She played her first tournaments in 2005 http://www.webmaster-netz.de/images/smilies/taetschel.gif

Sorry, i meant full season.

Shvedbarilescu
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Wow. Worst post of the year.

I knew that would ruffle your feathers. :devil:

ViennaCalling

Then she should finally get her head together and win a final :tape:

Leo_DFP

I don't agree at all; I find their games to be entirely different styles of play from the baseline. Dementieva usually hits a flat ball with greater pace on it, whereas Wozniacki has a heavy topspin forehand that is pretty dull, yet more consistent. She does accelerate pretty well on her down-the-line backhand, so I'll give Caro credit for that. But Wozniacki doesn't have defensive skills that are remotely comparable to Dementieva. And that's what will hold back Wozniacki in her entire career is that she isn't a faster mover - because with her lack of big weapons, she'd need to move exceptionally well. The kind of match that Dementieva played to beat Capriati in the 2004 USO SF, with amazing, flat groundstroke winners struck from everywhere on the court, is not something we could see from the young Dane.

Lucemferre
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Her game although not impressive is very effective. Her defensive game is good enough to beat 90% of the brainless wta tour. She WILL reach the top 10 and soon.

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Caroline is actually a better player than Elena was at the same age.

False. By Wozniacki's age, Lena had already reached a slam SF, Olympic F and was inside the top 10.

I too find her playing style quite dull and monotonous although highly effective and smart

I really wouldn't refer to Dementieva as a smart player. A ferocious baseline grinder, yes. An astute tactician, no.

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I agree. Vika will make top 10. She has POTENT groundies, good experience in doubles and a good serve. Everything Wozniacki lacks.

You must be extremely bored to make threads like this. Why not concentrate on the players you like instead ?

OsloErik
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Well...let's take a look at this. She's got 850 points to defend until clay season. Sharapova has 3200 or so, Kuznetsova 2200 or so. In terms of safe points, she's around #10 in the rankings already, ahead of Sharapova and just behind Kuznetsova. She very well could be in the top ten by the end of January; she's in terrific form and Sharapova hasn't played since August. I'd never predict somebody that close to a ranking simply won't reach it.

You can disparage her game as that of a "pusher" all you want (you and Sin Dios Ni Ley both), but it gets results. You can scratch your head and bemoan a "pusher" making it into the top 10, but she isn't going to suddenly stop and say "oh, I'm a pusher. I guess I'll start losing now." As long as she's winning matches, she doesn't (and shouldn't) give a damn what people say about her game. At the moment, she IS one of the ten best players in the world. And until her results stop showing that, it's not particularly well thought out to predict (or predicate) that she won't hit the top 10 when she's spitting-distance from it already.

^bibi^
False. By Wozniacki's age, Lena had already reached a slam SF, Olympic F and was inside the top 10.

Didn't all this happen in 2000 ? The year Lena turned 19, that means season 2009 for Caro ;-)

Anyway, why the need to compare both of them ? :shrug:

I personnally love them both, and definitely do not agree with Demska's statement, I do'nt feel to rush to bush Dementieva for that... Plus c'mon, it looks like she'd be responsible for a what one of her fans says... If we apply this, lots of players are in big trouble around here :rolleyes:

AnnaK_4ever
The girl reached #12 in the world in her very first full season in the tour. :rolleyes: At this rate she'll pass Dementieva out in 2 years. Stop being so certain she'll fail, because she wont. I wouldnt be surprised to see her in the Top 5 in 2 or 3 years time, maybe sooner. Im not even a big fan of hers, im just being realistic.

If you wanna compare them year by year, ok.
19 years old Dementieva finished her first full season on the Tour at #12 with wins over Venus Williams, Lindsay Davenport, Anke Huber, Arantxa Sanchez, Conchita Martinez and young Kim Clijsters, Olympics silver and USO semis.
18 1/2 years old Wozniacki ended her first full season on the Tour at #12 with win over Chakvetadze and two 4th round finishes at Grand Slams.

Now that I have done it I must say again : we can't compare actual achievements with hypothetical ones.

OsloErik
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM

Except titles. That, Wozniacki has in spades and Azarenka still can't string together a good final to save her life.

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Didn't all this happen in 2000 ? The year Lena turned 19, that means season 2009 for Caro ;-)

Anyway, why the need to compare both of them ? :shrug:

I personnally love them both, and definitely do not agree with Demska's statement, I do'nt feel to rush to bush Dementieva for that... Plus c'mon, it looks like she'd be responsible for a what one of her fans says... If we apply this, lots of players are in big trouble around here :rolleyes:

Dementieva made the USO SF and the Olympic F as an 18 y.o.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Not false. Wozniacki is just under 18 and a half years old. You will find that at 18 and a half years old Elena Dementieva had done none of those things you mention. She had yet to break into the top 20 or win a tournament. Her big breakthrough would come later in 2000 at the US Open and the Olympics just before her 19th birthday. Get your facts straight before replying.

^bibi^
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM

18 yo 10 month and a half, as she was born mid-october... That leaves caro the Oz & French Open to do a Slam SF too ;-)

But I do agree that lena's achievements were great, that's not my point :)

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I really wouldn't refer to Dementieva as a smart player. A ferocious baseline grinder, yes. An astute tactician, no.

She has come up with a very effective game that works for her, successfully ultilising all her strengths. I'd call that smart. Oh yes she is a ferocious baseline grinder too (as is Wozniacki for that matter).

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Not false. Wozniacki is just under 18 and a half years old. You will find that at 18 and a half years old Elena Dementieva had done none of those things you mention. She had yet to break into the top 20 or win a tournament. Her big breakthrough would come later in 2000 at the US Open and the Olympics just before her 19th birthday. Get your facts straight before replying.

Yeah, because Wozniacki still has a chance to make an Olympic F in the next few months. :o

And your comparison of Dementieva's and Wozniacki's game sux donkey balls.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:26 PM
She has come up with a very effective game that works for her, successfully ultilising all her strengths. I'd call that smart. Oh yes she is a ferocious baseline grinder too (as is Wozniacki for that matter).

Ferocious? And Wozniacki? In the same sentence? :haha:

Come on now...

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Let me also add that I in no way intend to disparage Dementieva who has had a great career and still has probably another 2 to 3 very good years left but I do see Wozniacki having similar potential to what Elena Dementieva has now which isn't bad at all.

terjw
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Well...let's take a look at this. She's got 850 points to defend until clay season. Sharapova has 3200 or so, Kuznetsova 2200 or so. In terms of safe points, she's around #10 in the rankings already, ahead of Sharapova and just behind Kuznetsova. She very well could be in the top ten by the end of January; she's in terrific form and Sharapova hasn't played since August. I'd never predict somebody that close to a ranking simply won't reach it.

You can disparage her game as that of a "pusher" all you want (you and Sin Dios Ni Ley both), but it gets results. You can scratch your head and bemoan a "pusher" making it into the top 10, but she isn't going to suddenly stop and say "oh, I'm a pusher. I guess I'll start losing now." As long as she's winning matches, she doesn't (and shouldn't) give a damn what people say about her game. At the moment, she IS one of the ten best players in the world. And until her results stop showing that, it's not particularly well thought out to predict (or predicate) that she won't hit the top 10 when she's spitting-distance from it already.

:worship::worship::worship:

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM
What's the point of comparing someone of 27 to somebody of 18 in terms of career achievements ?

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I've nothing more to say. Let's bounce this thread in a few years and maybe you can laugh at me then. (or maybe.....:devil:)

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:30 PM
What's the point of comparing someone of 27 to somebody of 18 in terms of career achievements ?

I know. Dementieva fans simply cannot deal with the possibility that this girl has a big future. It is quite funny.

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:30 PM

Wow, and what player hasn't come up with a game that suits them? I'm talking tactical awareness on court. Something of which she has little.

Wozniacki is NOT a ferocious baseline grinder. She gets pushed around the court and outhit by some of the most primitive ballbashers going. Her pace is nothing on Dementieva's and that's the definition of a ferocious baseline grinder.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Prediction : You will get a permanent ban this year

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I know. Dementieva fans simply cannot deal with the possibility that this girl has a big future. It is quite funny.

Seriously, WTF has this got to do with Dementieva?

1) I really couldn't care less whether Wozniacki has a great career or not. Doesn't mean I can't point out her obvious flaws.

2) She'd be lucky to have a career as good as Dementieva's, as she's simply just not that good.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Wow, and what player hasn't come up with a game that suits them? I'm talking tactical awareness on court. Something of which she has little.

Wozniacki is NOT a ferocious baseline grinder. She gets pushed around the court and outhit by some of the most primitive ballbashers going. Her pace is nothing on Dementieva's and that's the definition of a ferocious baseline grinder.

Did you watch the Luxembourg match. The difference in pace wasn't that great. As Wozniacki gets older that difference will be nothing at all.

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Jelena Jankovic had done nothing by that age, neither had Amelie Mauresmo

^bibi^
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Did you watch the Luxembourg match. The difference in pace wasn't that great. As Wozniacki gets older that difference will be nothing at all.

well Caro was actually better at this in the first set, but you'll have to admit that when Lena got in full gear in the second there was indeed a difference.

What an awesome final btw :hearts:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:38 PM
And Wozniacki is favorite in an eventual final against Elena this week . I did not like something that I saw in the Luxembourg Final

The game of Wozniacki bothers Elena a lot

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Seriously, WTF has this got to do with Dementieva?

1) I really couldn't care less whether Wozniacki has a great career or not. Doesn't mean I can't point out her obvious flaws.

2) She'd be lucky to have a career as good as Dementieva's, as she's simply just not that good.

Well it just seems interesting that all the folks who can Wozniacki a pusher are big Dementieva fans. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Jelena Jankovic had done nothing by that age, neither had Amelie Mauresmo

If you read back, I never said anything about players who achieve something at a young age being more likely for success. I believe nothing of the sort.

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
If you read back, I never said anything about players who achieve something at a young age being more likely for success. I believe nothing of the sort.

so why compare what Elena did at 18 to Caroline ?

Nobody would have looked at Jelena Jankovic when she was 19 and said she would be world number 1 a few years later.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
well Caro was actually better at this in the first set, but you'll have to admit that when Lena got in full gear in the second there was indeed a difference.

What an awesome final btw :hearts:

Yes, but I don't think it was in the pace. Much more to do with Elena's greater experience. She was much more effective at the net towards the end than Caro. Infact Elena showed much greater all round skills than Caro. But than Elena has been playing at lot longer than Caro and that difference in experience counted.

frenchie
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I really don't see why some of you (Demska!) call her a pusher

Yes she puts spins on her FH
Yes she moves and defends very well
Yes she doesn't make a lot of mistakes

but she also hit a quite good amount of winners and has a pretty good serve!

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM
so why compare what Elena did at 18 to Caroline ?

Nobody would have looked at Jelena Jankovic when she was 19 and said she would be world number 1 a few years later.

Read back. ChrisCHorse originally compared them at 18, not me.

sunsfuns
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:49 PM

And surely you did predict that Jankovic would achieve as much as she has already when she was about 19 and ranked ca #75, right?

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Read back. ChrisCHorse originally compared them at 18, not me.

That is true.

The Dawntreader
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I really don't see why some of you (Demska!) call her a pusher

Yes she puts spins on her FH
Yes she moves and defends very well
Yes she doesn't make a lot of mistakes

but she also hit a quite good amount of winners and has a pretty good serve!

I agree, and her court positioning isnt anything like that of a 'pusher', she actually makes attempts to be aggressive with the ball, even if it doesnt always work out.

Her serve too, it's got quite alot of innate power. The motion is a bit mechanical, but i wouldnt expect nothing less at her age. There's going to be obvious flaws.

I wouldnt call her a pusher, but i wouldnt call her a shot-maker either:lol: Maybe counter-puncher is the best compromise to describe her.

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Stereotyping much? :weirdo:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Well it just seems interesting that all the folks who can Wozniacki a pusher are big Dementieva fans. Coincidence? I don't think so.

As interesting as you rooting for pushers (Simon , Santoro , Radwanska , Niculescu ) and thinking yourself that you know about tennis because you like players with no weapons (aka "thinkers on court" , players with variety)

Dawson.
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
This thread is ridiculous.
I'm not going to bash Elena simply because she is the thread starters favourite, thats not logical.
But Demska, its also ridiculous that you said in your very first post that this is just a prediction and not a bashing thread, then go on to bash caroline throughout the thread!
Personally, I think your prediction will be proven wrong this year

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
^ Truth doesn't equal bashing.

Monica_Rules
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I shall also disagree. When i first saw Wozniacki at 15 when she won junior wimbledon i wasn't massively impressed but then when i saw herat wimbledon i thought wow this girl is gonna be good.

I think shes going to have a very good tournament at a slam this year, could be Aus i'm not sure. I think at wimbledon she will kick ass this year.

^bibi^
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM

your wet dreams do not equal truth either :shrug:.... But as it has been said, let's wait and see :)

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
your wet dreams do not equal truth either :shrug:.... But as it has been said, let's wait and see :)

what? :spit:

Dawson.
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM

truth? I think you mean opinion. Yet you have the gore to say that ChrisCHorse is bias when dishing out his opinion on Elena and Carolines game. Hypocritical much?

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
As interesting as you rooting for pushers (Simon , Santoro , Radwanska , Niculescu ) and thinking yourself that you know about tennis because you like players with no weapons (aka "thinkers on court" , players with variety)

Lets be very clear about this. The players I like do not reflect that I know anymore about tennis then the players that anyone else likes. A lot of the players I like find ways to win without big hitting that is true. That is something I do greatly admire in those four players you mentioned. But I would never suggest that my taste in players is somehow superior to anyone elses. It is what it is...my particular taste in players. I should add I like some players who belt the ball as well, not as many but some. :)

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Stereotyping much? :weirdo:

I don't see any non-Dementieva fans supporting the idea that Wozniacki is a "pusher" who will never amount to anything. Funny that.

davidmario
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Right. She's too defensive to do so. She has such a big swing you would think she's going to destroy that ball but then she's doing a Radwanska.

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
If Radwanska, Jankovic, Dementieva, Bartoli can, why not Caro?? Also I predict Elena won´t win a slam this year, for the op

Fidello
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
The only sure thing is that Elena will watch Caroline on TV, lifting GS trophies (while knitting with her mommy in some rented dacha near krasnoyarsk)

Slutati
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I hope so. :)

Pasta-Na
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:54 PM
i think she'll be in top 10 for one or two months this year (#9 or #10).

Slutiana
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I don't see any non-Dementieva fans supporting the idea that Wozniacki is a "pusher" who will never amount to anything. Funny that.
ME!

Even if she does get there, even Radwanska was more deserving of a top 10 position. As much as I dislike her game at least she comes with something different.

Ciarán
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM

No4 > No. 12

27 > 18

Slutati
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:11 AM
ME!

Even if she does get there, even Radwanska was more deserving of a top 10 position. As much as I dislike her game at least she comes with something different.
:bowdown::bowdown:

DownTheLine21
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I think she'll probably be in the Top 10 by Indian Wells at the latest, although I guess she could do it after the Australian Open.

Rollo
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:22 AM
It won't surprise me at all if she makes the top ten.

Peterk07
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I didn't follow Caro's yr 2008 closely, but noticed her fast climbing on the rankings. Anyway, I've seen her play once, and based ony what I saw, Caro is a fine player but hasn't shown any Sharapova-, Hingis-, Williams-like potentials to achieve great results early in their carreer. So she rather falls into the category of those still very talented players who make a successfull debut year than suddenly hit a wall and fall back for a while before they regroup themselfs and achieve greater success.
So the question for me is when will Caro hit that wall? I don know. But looking at the rankings, it won't be any easy job to reach TOP10 even if she manages to keep her form for a while. She'd need to take over 2 girls, but whom? Petrova looked good recently and since she had a terrible start in 2008 she won't have to defend much points for a while. Radwanska is already 1100 points ahead, and she's too consistent to start losing points big time. That's it. Pova is way better than dropping down any further on the rankings (except if her injury keeps her out of court). Maybe Kuznetsova. But Kuzny has 2100pts lead over Caro, which is a lot. And Kuzny has the potential to win anytime and anywhere while Caro hasn't (yet?).
So it'll be tough job for Caro, no matter what is her current position on the rankings.

Langers
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:45 AM
She'll be top 10 this year and she's a chance to win the US Open.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I didn't follow Caro's yr 2008 closely, but noticed her fast climbing on the rankings. Anyway, I've seen her play once, and based ony what I saw, Caro is a fine player but hasn't shown any Sharapova-, Hingis-, Williams-like potentials to achieve great results early in their carreer. So she rather falls into the category of those still very talented players who make a successfull debut year than suddenly hit a wall and fall back for a while before they regroup themselfs and achieve greater success.
So the question for me is when will Caro hit that wall? I don know. But looking at the rankings, it won't be any easy job to reach TOP10 even if she manages to keep her form for a while. She'd need to take over 2 girls, but whom? Petrova looked good recently and since she had a terrible start in 2008 she won't have to defend much points for a while. Radwanska is already 1100 points ahead, and she's too consistent to start losing points big time. That's it. Pova is way better than dropping down any further on the rankings (except if her injury keeps her out of court). Maybe Kuznetsova. But Kuzny has 2100pts lead over Caro, which is a lot. And Kuzny has the potential to win anytime and anywhere while Caro hasn't (yet?).
So it'll be tough job for Caro, no matter what is her current position on the rankings.

Welcome back Peter. :)

Peterk07
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Welcome back Peter. :)
Nice to see you again. :)

Yes, I've disappeared for a while, but this is "normal" from me. Tennis off-season is NFL's hot time, so I focused on football recently. Now, that the Colts lost to the Chargers (:bigcry::bigcry:) I'm turning back to tennis again. :)

Vespertine69
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Oh brilliant. Another thread that boils down to some players being branded as "pushers" or whatever other perceived category, which means they don't "deserve" success. Another "players who don't play the way I like or that I randomly hate can't/won't be successful because I say so" helping of dross.

Is Wozniacki likely to set the world on fire and thrash all-comers in a dash to #1? Probably not. Is her game clearly proving effective on tour and standing up pretty well to the practicalities of climbing the ranks and winning a few titles? Yes. Does she have a decent shot at making top 10 in the coming months if she ups her game and plays her next few big matches well? Yes. Will she definitely do it? NOBODY KNOWS, IT IS MORONIC TO CLAIM OTHERWISE.

I guess I just fail to understand the mentality that spawns these threads... I am neutral about Wozniacki... if she makes top 10, goes on to win 8 GS titles or simply drops like a stone and never finds herself near the top 10 again, whatever happens will play out regardless of my opinion and if she becomes as successful as some think she will, then good on her and she deserves it. What difference does it make unless you are a fan of a particular player? Why do people bleat about which players deserve success and slate (but not bash, your honour, no, never to bash...) anyone else that looks like having any? Tennis is decided by matches... at no point is there a mid-term election where we all pop down to the polling booths to decide who deserves to achieve what. By all means, speculate about potential and make predictions if you're brave enough to eat them later if proven wrong... but you can't just roll out blind speculation and dress it up as gospel.

Broken Racquet
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I don't reallt have much against her as a person, she seems nice. Just think she is MAJORLY hyped and there isn't much to her game.

Maybe there isn't much to her game, but she knows what to do with whatever she has left!

What is a "great game"?
What's the point of having a great game if you don't know how to use it in the right moment? Vide: Kuznetsova, Azarenka...

Wozniacki is one of the most passionate and ambitious player I've ever seen on WTA tour in 2008 season, and perhaps that is what makes a real champion.

Amalgamate
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I am pretty sure she will crack the top 10 at least once this year...

Inger67
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Thread = pointless.

She'll get in for sure, probably before the clay season begins.

adner
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Thread = pointless.

She'll get in for sure, probably before the clay season begins.

She will get to Top 10 only if Sharapova doesn't fully recover from her injury AND play much better than Azarenka and Schnyder. Petrova seems to be out cuz of her health, but if not, she's potentially a pretender too and only one space in the Top 10 would be free.

Wojtek
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Admins please ban Demska again

Cp6uja
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM
If Maria don't have sensational comeback in Melbourne one TOP10 spot will be free and we will probably see first Danish or first Italian player ever in TOP10.

Petrova is injuried, but Schnyder, Azarenka and Cornet is close and also have chances to reach that empty spot with good january/february results.

Fact that if we call Caroline "Pusher" same nickname we have right to give Penneta, Schnyder or Cornet, players which eventually will reach TOP10 instead Wozniacki in next two months - so this thread is pointless.

Dodoboy.
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:40 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I give it February.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM

that's a really good post of speculation :D

i happen to like both elena and caroline, though I will have to say elena does have a more exciting game, though sometimes her groundies can have a very low percentage when she's off.

caroline is kind of like an all-court player with not too much power. maybe she'll get the top 10 just by being such a solid player -- little elite strength but little exploitable weakness.

maybe as she ages she'll learn how to be more crafty, and because she has already such a solid background, she'll be able to make that transition easily... really move people around court, know when to employ shots, sort of hingis like.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM
If Maria don't have sensational comeback in Melbourne one TOP10 spot will be free and we will probably see first Danish or first Italian player ever in TOP10.

Petrova is injuried, but Schnyder, Azarenka and Cornet is close and also have chances to reach that empty spot with good january/february results.

Fact that if we call Caroline "Pusher" same nickname we have right to give Penneta, Schnyder or Cornet, players which eventually will reach TOP10 instead Wozniacki in next two months - so this thread is pointless.

:worship: though maybe not so much schnyder.

KatChr
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I do see Caroline reaching the top10 this season. Compared to last year she is playing two tournaments before AO that gives points to the ranking and she is playing tournaments which gives more points. Also the fact that she is pretty much seeded in all her tournaments now means that she doesnt have so many poor draws as last year. She definitly has the chance to reach the top10 - if not its because shell loose her consistency and shed potential points....

markdelaney
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think she's a good outside bet to win Wimbledon.

Bitmap
Jan 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Will endeed be in the top 10 and even take the top spot!! ;)

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admins please ban Demska again

Demska can be as annoying as hell but I think Demska is basically a decent person. And he can be quite funny at times too. Certainly wouldn't want to see him banned at all. :)

Certainly nothing wrong with this thread. I see no reason why someone shouldn't be able to predict Wozniacki, or any other player for that matter, won't make the top 10. Just as there is nothing wrong disagreeing with such a position. That's what makes this forum interesting.

markdelaney
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Certainly nothing wrong with this thread. I see no reason why someone shouldn't be able to predict Wozniacki, or any other player for that matter, won't make the top 10. Just as there is nothing wrong disagreeing with such a position. That's what makes this forum interesting.

It's just provocative fun really as the OP knows full well she will be in the top ten very soon and that they won't be allowed to forget what they said. It's like pantomime banter.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Pennetta looks like a ballbasher in comparison with Wozniacki. Cornet is nothing special but at least she doesn't get that much of hype outside claycourts.
And only a complete :weirdo: would call Schnyder a pusher.

Willam
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:13 PM
spell prediction right dumbska

Oh and Elena wont win a slam in her career ever :D

Caroline > Elena.

Are you stupid or what? What the fuck has the thread to do with Demented? Some people is dummier than the thread opener.. Which is hard to believe

:hearts: Loving your prediction.

Willam
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Demska can be as annoying as hell but I think Demska is basical a decent person. And he can be quite funny at times too. Certainly wouldn't want to see him banned against at all. :)

Hipocrecy :sobbing:

And ChrisBitch stop stereotyping all dementieva fans.

I used to like Wozniacki... but then you came and everytime i think of her i see you.

Now i don't like her anymore. Thanks.

SOA_MC
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
People still give Demska the attention he so desperately craves:help:

Jorn
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Ithink she will reach TOP 10 this year, but will maybe again be out when she have to defends 3 tournaments wins from 2008...We'll see in Sydney next week how good she can play against the better players, she tend to play better against the better players.

CloudAtlas
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
What's a pusher anyway?

homogenius
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
What's a pusher anyway?

Maybe someone who hit less winners than Craybas (:tape:) but still manages to win ? :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hipocrecy :sobbing:

And ChrisBitch stop stereotyping all dementieva fans.

I used to like Wozniacki... but then you came and everytime i think of her i see you.

Now i don't like her anymore. Thanks.

1) How exactly am I being a hypocrite?
2) I wonder what you see when visualise me as you don't know what I look like. :shrug:
3) Certainly this is not all Dementieva fans who dislike Wozniacki but there are about half a dozen of them. There are certainly some people who like both players.
4) You don't have to like Wozniacki. I'm not a big fan of her myself. I'm certainly not bothered by who you do or don't like.
5) ChrisBitch? Gee....I haven't been called that before.:wavey:

Broken Racquet
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
What's a pusher anyway?

you call "pusher" a player that you don't like because she may be more talented and/or loved and/or prettier than your fave :devil:

This term is exclusively restricted for some users of the Tennisforum :)

Dodoboy.
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I hope Caro meets Elena in the final :)

And if she wins, all the sweeter :crying2:

Demska
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe someone who hit less winners than Craybas (:tape:) but still manages to win ? :shrug:

:worship:

Destiny
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
:haha: ur ass

terjw
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oh brilliant. Another thread that boils down to some players being branded as "pushers" or whatever other perceived category, which means they don't "deserve" success. Another "players who don't play the way I like or that I randomly hate can't/won't be successful because I say so" helping of dross.

Is Wozniacki likely to set the world on fire and thrash all-comers in a dash to #1? Probably not. Is her game clearly proving effective on tour and standing up pretty well to the practicalities of climbing the ranks and winning a few titles? Yes. Does she have a decent shot at making top 10 in the coming months if she ups her game and plays her next few big matches well? Yes. Will she definitely do it? NOBODY KNOWS, IT IS MORONIC TO CLAIM OTHERWISE.

I guess I just fail to understand the mentality that spawns these threads... I am neutral about Wozniacki... if she makes top 10, goes on to win 8 GS titles or simply drops like a stone and never finds herself near the top 10 again, whatever happens will play out regardless of my opinion and if she becomes as successful as some think she will, then good on her and she deserves it. What difference does it make unless you are a fan of a particular player? Why do people bleat about which players deserve success and slate (but not bash, your honour, no, never to bash...) anyone else that looks like having any? Tennis is decided by matches... at no point is there a mid-term election where we all pop down to the polling booths to decide who deserves to achieve what. By all means, speculate about potential and make predictions if you're brave enough to eat them later if proven wrong... but you can't just roll out blind speculation and dress it up as gospel.

:worship::worship::worship:

RenaSlam.
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM
You're an idiot.

Corswandt
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Wozniacki may not even need to step it up all that much to reach the top 10 this season, as Sharapova's slot will be up for grabs soon. We'll see how her closest competitors (Petrova, who has a big lead over her, Pennetta and Schnyder) do.

As for the interesting :rolleyes: discussion about game styles, it can be said that Wozniacki plays like Dementieva much in the same way that you can lump Peer, Cibulkova and Jankovic in the same category of baseline grinders - i.e. in its broadest sense.

mm1147
Jan 7th, 2009, 11:14 PM
well with a weak top ten this year she will probably reach maybe top 8

markdelaney
Jan 8th, 2009, 12:41 AM

In that case Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario was just a pusher too.

Demska
Jan 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
:dance:

Demska
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=354686&page=19

Noctis
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I might Make thiss Thread Since Demska think its Ok

*Dementieva Will Drop Out Of Top Ten This Year*
Or *Dementieva Will Drop Out Of Top 20 This Year* Which one Both Possible :shrug: Second one is better :scratch:
Or *Dementieva Will never Win a GrandSlam* Like Demska Said Himself :scratch:

Beny
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I do think she will.

She almost beat Lena at Lux.

Considering Caroline keeps improving, she will reach top10 soon

Beny
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I might Make thiss Thread Since Demska think its Ok

*Dementieva Will Drop Out Of Top Ten This Year*
Or *Dementieva Will Drop Out Of Top 20 This Year* Which one Both Possible :shrug: Second one is better :scratch:
Or *Dementieva Will never Win a GrandSlam* Like Demska Said Himself :scratch:

Demska is a boy? :haha: :haha:

all the time I thought Demska was a girl :lol:

Demska
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I hope Cibulkova will win :)

markdelaney
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I hope Cibulkova will win :)

why can't you just enjoy Elena's victory rather than trying to get your pleasure from another player's defeat ? It's very negative.

In The Zone
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:27 PM
It would be a feat in itself if Caroline does not enter the Top 10.

With Petrova and Pennetta as her only rivals and Radwanska possibly losing points in the next two months from Doha and OZ QF, Caroline has a real shot at the top 10. It wouldn't mean she is the standard for the top 10 -- but based on the top players 52 week schedule, she would have one of the ten best accumulated points totals.

Sharapova not defending Melbourne almost nearly guarantees Caroline will see the Top 10 for at least one week.

Zauber
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
i think that is a bold prediction she seems pretty certain to be at the bottom of top ten.
She is young. She has only gotten better in the last year.

Broken Racquet
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Radwanska possibly losing points in the next two months from Doha and OZ QF,
Why you see it coming? (I am not saying you're wrong, but I wonder why you think so)

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Why you see it coming? (I am not saying you're wrong, but I wonder why you think so)

He's just probably the biggest hater of her on this board.:bigwave:

AnomyBC
Jan 12th, 2009, 12:22 AM
That's an idiotic prediction. She's at #12 now and Sharapova will fall below her after the Australian Open which means she'll probably be at #11 unless one of the players immediately below her does well at the AO and passes her. So at that point all she has to do is pass Nadia Petrova, and I can easily see her doing that in the next few months.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Nostradumbass :yeah:

nokken
Jan 12th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Caroline Wozniacki - Dominika Cibulkova 6-1 6-2

It looks as if Caro is on the way

frenchie
Jan 12th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I think Demska just gave us the stick to beat him with!!

SOA_MC
Jan 12th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I think Demska just gave us the stick to beat him with!!

He did that with his "I just won the lottery" thread

Tennisation
Jan 12th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Petrova just lost, so I see a really good chance now for Caroline :lol:

Wojtek
Jan 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Ban Demska again !!!!!

Demska
Jan 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Strategic tanks from Petrova and Cibulkova :yeah:

vma
Jan 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
the computer says NO :P
the way she's playing Serena right now, she's definitely a strong candidate for top-ten finish this year

Geertvg
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yes she will. :)

vettipooh
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Ban Demska again !!!!!

Prediction: Demska will be banned again!!!:lol: :lol:.....when Caro enters the top 10.:lol:

pwayne
Jan 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
If Caroline takes this form to AO, she will be in the Top 10 If not after AO, then definitely before clay season.

Borislove
Jan 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
After today's perfomance Caro will surely reach the top 10 soon.

Dawson.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Caroline deserves to be called a pusher after todays performance :o

but I still think she'll reach top 10 soon ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
i disagree.

Effy
Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
this thread is :weirdo:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
this thread is :weirdo:

What do you expect from the thread starter ? :tape:

Noctis
Feb 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Demska Will not reach Top 10 is more certain :tape:

Demska
Feb 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I stand with my prediction.

DragonFlame
Feb 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I stand with my prediction.

LMAO, you made a thread like a week after this thread saying you apoligize and think she will make the top10 this year. :tape:

You´re so full of shit. :lol:

Jorn
Feb 13th, 2009, 10:15 PM
She's 12 points from TOP 11, may be the nearest the reach TOP 10 before wimby ;)

Protoss
Feb 13th, 2009, 10:38 PM
She's 12 points from TOP 11, may be the nearest the reach TOP 10 before wimby ;)
Caro's not gaining points by losing in 3rd rounds. :( I think her 16th best result is 120 points so she has make it to the semis in these to actually gain points. A semifinal in an international tournament would only increase her points by 10 and a semifinal in a premier tournament would increase her points by 80. This is assuming she wasn't defending any points at the tournament. I hope I understand the new ranking system correctly.

If Caro doesn't make it into the top 10 in the 1st half of the season, it's gonna be very difficult to do it this season as she has a ton of points to defend in the 2nd half of the season.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM

This SDNL is good making predictions :)

volta
Mar 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM

:bowdown:

Poccn
Mar 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I think she will :shrug:

OsloErik
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM

Hahaha.

As to the thread...well, here we are two months in, Wozniacki is still 250 points back, and Radwanska and Ivanovic are still floundering. Add to it that Petrova has stopped producing big results and Kuznetsova hasn't done anything of note beyond Australia, and Wozniacki still looks like a pretty decent bet to make it into the top 10. If Petrova doesn't start playing (and well) until grass season, all of a sudden she has more points to defend than most of the 8-20 ranked players.

How many players in the top 20 have #11 career high rankings? I'm counting three, but I'm probably missing one.

Wojtek
Mar 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Where is Demska?? :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Where is Demska?? :lol:

banned. :shrug:

frenchie
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Caro is playing Ponte Verda next week too
She's be there in no time

joão.
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
:lol:

Wojtek
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
banned. :shrug:
Again :o

Andreas
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
In times like these, I really wish Demska was here.

Shoulderpova
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Come back strong Demska :hug:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Come back strong Demska :hug:

Demska has a permanent ban as far as I know

Shoulderpova
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Demska has a permanent ban as far as I know

Demska :bigcry:
I miss his Annoynovic and Uselesszniacki bashing :D
Maybe he should come back with another username :angel:

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:42 PM

He's a multimillionaire, he'll do just fine without us, poor tennis-addict posters with no real life ;)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM

He tried with Aceieva and got caught

Fabunny
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Caroline is a very good young player with a lot of potential. if she continues to improve her game, and the top ranked players continue to falter, she will be in the top 10

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I think it will be tough for her. She can definitely do it, but she'll be looking for Petorva to drop out first.

Noctis
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
the troll is dead,lets leave this.

Shoulderpova
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
He tried with Aceieva and got caught

Poor him :(
So the rule is when a poster got permanent ban, he/she isn't allowed to comeback and post under another username :eek::rolleyes:
Demska should change his style of posting then. And try to love Ivanovic and Wozniacki too :tape:

Inger67
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
What did Demska get banned for? Oh and this was not a very wise prediction to make.. Anyone could see that Wozniacki is on the way up, just need to work out a few kinks. I mean she did get newcomer of the year award :)

sunsfuns
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I think it will be tough for her. She can definitely do it, but she'll be looking for Petrova to drop out first.

Of course - Vika overtook her with today's win. All top 10 candidates are chasing Nadia now. She is a the weakest link at the moment anyway. Except maybe Jankovic, but she has way too many points in reserve to drop out before USO.

pwayne
May 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
With Caroline 6-2,6-2 win over Alisa in Madrid, she has reached the Top 10.

Congratulations, Caroline.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Kill! Kill! Kill!

Golovinjured.
May 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hell froze over?

DemskaLives
May 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
A very sad day for womens tennis. One of the worst in recent years.

Pusheriacki into the top 10, a player with no guts, moonballs, weak serve, a whole game relying on errors from opponents.

i hate pushers will all my life, they should be banned from tennis.

i truly sad, sad day.

Golovinjured.
May 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
:eek: :worship:

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM
He should maker a better prediction.
'Demska will be banned this year'
'atleast we see it coming :haha:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM
"DemskaLives"

But not for much longer :scared:

Dini.
May 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM
And what happened to Vika?

DemskaLives
May 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Vika has guts, weapons, mindset. Her groundies and life are far superior to that of the Danish Pusher. Caro will NEVER break top 5. I put my life on this

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
DEMSKA LIVES! :bowdown: :rocker2: YOU GO! Preach!

Golovinjured.
May 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Ohnoes. Just like she would NOT reach the top 10 this year? :tears:

thegreendestiny
May 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
DemskaLives:worship:

DemskaLives
May 14th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I will. Wozniacki is a disgrace to womens tennis. I wouldnt let my child watch her as an example. i want to WIN tennis matches, not let my opponent LOSE them

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
:tears:

Dini.
May 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
As far as I'm concerned, everyone plays to their abilities. She's worked hard and achieved a lot in her short career.

Not a fan, but just giving credit where credit is due.

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 07:26 PM
DemskaLives :tears:

Golovinjured.
May 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM
He's gone. :sobbing:

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
DemskaLives and just died :bigwave:

joão.
May 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
:spit:

Serenidad2
May 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Wo:zzz:niacki.

Golovinjured.
May 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
:spit: Too much.

Hurley
May 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
So many zombies today :o

All because of Wozniacki...she should get 1000 extra ranking points for her ability to conjure up the undead :worship:

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wo:zzz:niacki.

Go away DemskaClone3 :bigcry: :spit: :haha:

Adal
May 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/mwctgn.jpg

Broken Racquet
May 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM
i am very happy for Caro. Not an overwhelming tennis talent, but by far the most consistent, hard working and ambitious girl on the tour. She has amazing attitude: no complaints, no withdrawals, and takes tennis very seriously, which is a very rare virtue on WTA tour. She proves that with strong will you can conquer the world. It is hearthwarming to know there are young people like this.

M.P
May 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
you should make this for Cornet or Cibulkova

C. W. Fields
May 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Vika has guts, weapons, mindset. Her groundies and life are far superior to that of the Danish Pusher. Caro will NEVER break top 5. I put my life on this

Does that mean he'll kill himself when Caro reaches top 5 next year? :devil:

And just for the record; I too think Caro needs to develop her game, but consistency will get you a long way when just about every other top player lacks that quality.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
i am very happy for Caro. Not an overwhelming tennis talent, but by far the most consistent, hard working and ambitious girl on the tour. She has amazing attitude: no complaints, no withdrawals, and takes tennis very seriously, which is a very rare virtue on WTA tour. She proves that with strong will you can conquer the world. It is hearthwarming to know there are young people like this.
:yawn:

Matt01
May 14th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Does that mean he'll kill himself when Caro reaches top 5 next year? :devil:

No, he'll create another account with the username "DemskaDies".

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Caroline Wozniaki Top ten:tape: She is such a moonballer. I watched some of her matches and she is utterly boring:yawn: This is worse than Anna C reaching Top 10

RenaSlam.
May 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Demska, please take your life if Caroline ever cracks the Top 5. You can have someone else post the pictures.

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 09:12 PM
^ :haha:

Ferg
May 14th, 2009, 09:53 PM
This was a very accurate prediction. Im smug now.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Wozniacki is allowed to play one MM Tournament in the second part of the year as top 10

Not everything is negative

hankqq
May 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
:spit: that troll came back just for this thread :rolls:gotta love its predictions :lol:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Wozniacki is allowed to play one MM Tournament in the second part of the year as top 10

:inlove:

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
No, he'll create another account with the username "DemskaDies".

:haha:

sammy01
May 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
shes snuck into the top 10 playing a million tournaments and only beating dementieva, its not exactly something to cheer about, especialy seen as the player she replaces missed several tournaments through injury this year.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 10:14 PM

Good post.

Dodoboy.
May 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Fantastic post!

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
:zzz:

Hurley
May 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM

I thought Eggy had said one's Top Ten status lasts the whole year. :confused: I agree that it should be your way, but I am not sure that it is...

Anyway, even if you're right, it will even out, as Radwanska will go back to playing tons of MM events, and once she displaces Wozniacki in the Top Ten, all of these threads will be recreated, except for her ;)

(FYI I quite like both A-Rad and WozDen but you know I'm right :p )

DragonFlame
May 15th, 2009, 12:48 AM
OMG demska came back for 15 minutes just to post this. LMAO :haha: Today has been so funny, just great.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 15th, 2009, 12:55 AM

Congrats Wozi! :bounce::p

jdog3008
May 15th, 2009, 12:56 AM
OMG demska came back for 15 minutes just to post this. LMAO :haha: Today has been so funny, just great.

Dumska was always entertaining, I say let him come back :cool:

DragonFlame
May 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Dumska was always entertaining, I say let him come back :cool:

Yeah, he definetly brought entertainment value. Just like all these 'pusher' haters coming up today. It's gonna be fun in the next months.

That's definetly THE TERM of tennis 2009, pusher! :lol:

Btw i actually find it funny people call caroline pushniacki now. That should be her nickname. :bounce: If she wins a slam people will :speakles: lol.

danieln1
May 15th, 2009, 03:24 AM
now this thread can be closed... about time!

Dawson.
May 15th, 2009, 04:05 AM
The only suprising result is it didn't happen sooner :shrug:

Buitenzorg
May 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
sorry your prediction is sh8t :lol:

Jakeev
May 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I like how ChrisCHorses' prediction came true:lol:

Golovinjured.
May 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
It is good to have someone around who doesn't miss all the time, just not in the TOP 10. I don't like errors. :shrug:

Juju Nostalgique
May 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
:weirdo:

olivero
May 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Anyway, even if you're right, it will even out, as Radwanska will go back to playing tons of MM events, and once she displaces Wozniacki in the Top Ten, all of these threads will be recreated, except for her ;)

failed. the reason why Agnieszka reached top 10 were the points she earned at Slams. MM events were just a small part of her rank.

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
So many zombies today :o

All because of Wozniacki...she should get 1000 extra ranking points for her ability to conjure up the undead

:lol::lol::lol:

Caroline's tennis is boring, but her cuteness makes her at least tolerable to watch. Needs to borrow some of Iveta's outfits to really work it, however.

:lick:

lilimi
May 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
i hate prediction threads ;). congratulations to caro. i like this player. i hope she'll become more agressive in oredr to stay among the best

terjw
May 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM

:worship::worship::worship: And WD Caro to get into the top 10.

Spiritof42
May 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Prediction: GM trolls will become more annoying than ever in 2009.

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 01:45 PM
It is good to have someone around who doesn't miss all the time, just not in the TOP 10. I don't like errors. :shrug:
True, she misses very little. If she played more aggressively, she'd make more errors. If she played more aggressively, she'd be more interesting to watch. To-may-to or to-mah-to? :shrug:

DragonFlame
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:16 AM
It´s time for a demskabump. He must have been spooked to see caroline wozniacki in a grandslamfinal and on the verge of the top5. Not to mention 2 points from taking a set.

SOA_MC
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Prediction: GM trolls will become more annoying than ever in 2009.

Winning prediction

Nikkiri
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Demska :hearts:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Wozniacki is enjoying her Schuettler , Simon , Lapentti type of year

Next year the Geronimoooooooo season

CloudAtlas
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM

The Tokyo points come off this week so in next week's rankings Caro will be #5 :angel: