PDA

View Full Version : IMG Signs Jelena Jankovic

Marcell
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
IMG Signs Jelena Jankovic

No. 1 Ranked Tennis Star Chooses IMG for Exclusive, Worldwide Management and Marketing Representation

NEW YORK, NY and LONDON--(MARKET WIRE)--Jan 6, 2009 -- Global sports and entertainment company IMG today announced that international tennis star, winner of the mixed doubles at Wimbledon 2007 alongside partner Jamie Murray and the No. 1 ranked player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, Jelena Jankovic, has signed with the company for exclusive, worldwide marketing and management representation effective January 1, 2009. Jankovic, 23, will also join IMG Models, the world's No. 1 international model management firm.

Fernando Soler, Head of IMG's Tennis Division, said, "We are extremely pleased to add a player of Jelena's caliber to the list of great champions we represent. Her reputation, both on and off the court is unparalleled." Ivan Bart, Senior Vice President of IMG Models added, "We are equally pleased to have Jelena join our roster of celebrity clients."

In making the announcement, Gavin Forbes, Senior Vice President, said, "Jelena is an athlete of enormous talent and unlimited potential. Jelena has distinguished herself as the No.1 player in the world and with her warm personality and fantastic smile she is an extremely popular competitor. IMG looks forward to working with Jelena at this exciting time in her career."

Jankovic's tennis management team at IMG will be led by Caroline Lacy, IMG London.

Jankovic, who has recently been crowned ITF World Champion added, "IMG is a global company and a leader not only in tennis, but entertainment, fashion and modeling as well. I'm very excited to partner IMG and look forward to working with them on a variety of exciting tennis, marketing and endorsement opportunities."

IMG is the leading client management company in tennis. IMG represents some of the world's top men and women tennis players. The company's roster of top tennis clients includes many of today's superstars: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams and James Blake. In addition, IMG owns, manages or represents many of the world's leading tournaments including Sony Ericsson Open, Australian Open, Chennai Open and Wimbledon, among many others.

About IMG Sports & Entertainment

Operating in 30 countries, IMG Sports & Entertainment's diverse businesses include: product and brand licensing; consulting services; event ownership and management; collegiate marketing, media and licensing; fashion events and models representation; golf course design; and client representation in golf, tennis, broadcasting, speakers, European football, rugby, cricket, motor sports, coaching, Olympic and action sports. IMG Academies are the world's largest, multi-sport training and educational facilities, delivering world-class training experiences to more than 12,000 junior, collegiate, adult, and professional athletes each year. More information is available at http://www.imgworld.com/.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Congrats to JJ

Foxy

Marionated
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
:hearts:

ivanban
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM
$$$ :hearts:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
wow model :worship:

Emina.
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
:yeah:

Ciarán
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Congrats JJ :yeah:

sky20748
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
model.now thats a stretch but heh go for it.i mean tennis player yes model no.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:43 PM
good for her.

Optima
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Congrats, Jelena! :D

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Notice how even her Mixed doubles title is given more importance than the ranking :rolls:

The Dawntreader
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Good for her, the endorsements must be lining up now she's number 1:)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
unparalleled??? no :lol: but congrats

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Good for her, the endorsements must be lining up now she's number 1:)

not really...people still like a winning #1...no offense but she's not gonna be rolling in the dough until she starts winning majors since those are shown internationally :shrug:

homogenius
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
$$$ :cool:

Just Do It
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
not really...people still like a winning #1...no offense but she's not gonna be rolling in the dough until she starts winning majors since those are shown internationally :shrug:

Well, reading all the articles lately I would have to disagree on this. She is getting too many offers, of course she cant accept them all.

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:00 PM
i think she deserves it, she has really worked her ass off in the last 3 years, if you watch old videos of her she really has improved, i just hope she gets a slam this year.

Cp6uja
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks God :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Her previous half-amateur management is simple the worst ever management of some TOP5 ATP or WTA player ever. Her 100 matches / 30 tournaments per season from 2006 and 2007 (+ doubles) almost killed her, and she is so lucky that any of several injuries which she has b/c that "gladiator" shedule not hammered her career.

She finished last season on world #1 place, but still start this season without Racket and Clothes contracts :tape: :tape: :tape: and her previous management spend 4 years before finally find full-time coach for Jelena :help: :help: :help:

I don't like too much IMG, but this people knows their job very well... so JJ "management" nightmare is finally over :music::aparty:

terjw
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
:yeah: That's really great news. Good for JJ and IMG.

V's a star
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I stopped reading at this cuz it was to funny "announced that international tennis star, winner of the mixed doubles at Wimbledon 2007 alongside partner Jamie Murray and the No. 1 ranked player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour" :spit:

Lord thats our worlds "#1" players biggest accompishment :help:

2009 Sisters to the resuce, or even Ana, Dinara ANBODY!!!!:scared:

Roookie
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Doesn't matter. This is an smart move from JJ. :clap2:. Loves it.

louisa.
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
:worship: congrats JJ :inlove:

Conor
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
:spit: JJ's a model and im the Pope

friendsita
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:21 AM
good for JJ

Amalgamate
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:52 AM
:lol: IMG signed CoCo Vandeweghe before they signed JJ!

northern lad
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:34 AM
honestly? y'all aren't tired of the no-slam #1 bashing yet? :weirdo:

congrats JJ :kiss:

raffles
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:04 AM
When will we find out what she'll be wearing for the rest of the season? Does she actually have a clothing sponsor yet? I hope it's not Adidas or god forbid Yonex.

serenus_2k8
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Sounds like good news ;)

laurie
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
IMG are certainly the top agents aren't they so well done Jelena.

Rumkin
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats JJ, hope you get some better and bigger deals now :yeah:

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM
When will we find out what she'll be wearing for the rest of the season? Does she actually have a clothing sponsor yet? I hope it's not Adidas or god forbid Yonex.

:lol::lol::lol: heeeey, dementieva doesn't seem to have any complaints.

IMG seems to have a direct pipeline with Nike so i'm going to assume if she leaves Reebok, that's where she'll go. just my guess.

Marshmallow
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
:spit: Talk about irresponsible! With the current economic climate they're gonna take such a risk!??!? Use Jelena in marketing?? Then again maybe Burka's will become a trend :D.

Conor
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM
:spit: Talk about irresponsible! With the current economic climate they're gonna take such a risk!??!? Use Jelena in marketing?? Then again maybe Burka's will become a trend :D.

Remember LoveFifteen's Fila range of burka's for Kuzzy :haha:

homogenius
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Welcome back !! :)

On topic : if they want to work with her it's cause she's worth it (and talking about the current economic climate, Venus is the one who seems hurted by it.Seek news about Eleven... :tape: )

Marshmallow
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
^ :haha:

The Britney Spears Fan Club is back, long time no see.

Aww d'ya miss me? :lol: :wavey: Good to see you're still around :D.

Remember LoveFifteen's Fila range of burka's for Kuzzy :haha:

:lol: Shame, I must have missed that thread. Someone find me a link :tape:

Marshmallow
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Welcome back !! :)

On topic : if they want to work with her it's cause she's worth it (and talking about the current economic climate, Venus is the one who seems hurted by it.Seek news about Eleven... :tape: )

Aww :wavey: You guys are so sweet :D.

Topic: If they want to work with her especially in marketing they need to sack whomever came up with this idea. Their stocks will plummet, mark my words!! As for Vee, oh she'll be fine. If she's not having books written in her honour, songs written for her, starting off business ventures or winning slams she's jumping into other endeavours. Can't keep proven surivors down for long.

homogenius
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Aww :wavey: You guys are so sweet :D.

Topic: If they want to work with her especially in marketing they need to sack whomever came up with this idea. Their stocks will plummet, mark my words!! As for Vee, oh she'll be fine. If she's not having books written in her honour, songs written for her, starting off business ventures or winning slams she's jumping into other endeavours. Can't keep proven surivors down for long.

lol We'll see

MagicMilan
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Aww d'ya miss me? :lol:
No :) go back to where you were :hearts:

Sinovaccc
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.wtaladies.com/01-07-img-signs-jelena-jankovic.html

matty
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
will she go with Nike, now?

Can Nike handle 3 divas?