PDA

View Full Version : Azarenka's behavior is appalling

Langers
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I thought over the off-season she might have learnt to tone it down a bit, but if anything she's got worse. Shocking behavior from her today.

BOTH players had what looked to be some very dubious decisions but she constantly had a sook about each and every one of them. Some were clearly in but she still had a sook, some she had a right to complain about but by constantly complaining it doesn’t reflect well on her. She all but implied that the umpire was cheating; she dropped the f bomb which should have got her a warning, she clearly said 'f you people' in relation to the crowd getting on her case for booting a ball away.

Not to mention she’s a complete hypocrite. She complained to the umpire because Gajdosova was ‘taking too much time’ between points. She’s normally pretty quick, just on a few ocassions she somewhat slowed it down. But what I find funny is that Azarenka is the one always wandering to the back of the court, always holding up her racquet to make her opponent wait. Hypocrite of the highest order. :rolleyes:

I can just imagine her as a junior, she would have belittled her opponents with all the line calls.

SM
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'd rather players show emotion and their true selves on court, however, taking it out on the crowd...well, it may work against her in the later rounds, especially if it were a french crowd

Petkorazzi
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'd love Poutchek and Azarenka to play doubles at FedCup one day. :zzz:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Vika :hearts:

Mattographer
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
*death*

I'd pay to watch this one :lol:

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Believe me, anything she's done is nothing comparing to how her compatriot Poutchek behaves. But at least she has an interesting game, which Tatiana lacks.

Dawson.
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
From what I have seen, her behaviour seems to differ from match to match. Sometimes she is very sulky and complains about almost every line call and even moans to her self for missing first serves. Other days she can be completely positive and show a good attitude. I guess today, playing against an oppenent she should have been sweeping aside easily, in front of a crowd that is firmly against her, it all got to her. That is understandable, she is only 19 let us not forget.

Hachiko
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I've only seen a couple of her matches but I agree, a pompous bitch. She makes for good entertainment but I struggle to see why people support players of this caliber.

alex14
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yea i sore her complaining to the umpire about him favouring Gajdosova because she is Australian and so is the umpire... she was a little cry baby out there, but yea she is 19... so hopefully she does mature a bit.

So Disrespectful
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Funny thing about Azarenka's comment is; the crowd really didn't seem to know about Jarka, her ties to Australia, or her relationship with Sam Groth. When the girls stepped onto court, Gajdosova was introduced as a Slovakian. She got less of an applause than Azarenka initially.

By the end of the match though, the entire crowd were against Azarenka and with good reason.

Andreas
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
You go girl :inlove:

VIKA?
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Vika is :hearts:

RenaSlam.
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Total b-tch. Down with the b-tch.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Believe me, anything she's done is nothing comparing to how her compatriot Poutchek behaves. But at least she has an interesting game, which Tatiana lacks.

Poutchbitch :hearts:

OMG. Best moment of 2008. Sromova vs. Poutchek at Wimbledon. Both totally looked like they did not want to win, and Poutchek looked almost apologetic to Sromova when she did.

Petkorazzi
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM

OMG. Best moment of 2008. Sromova vs. Poutchek at Wimbledon. Both totally looked like they did not want to win, and Poutchek looked almost apologetic to Sromova when she did.
I can't imagine it. :o

But Sromova is really amazing off the court.

lilimi
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
what i hate most about vika are her shrieks!!! she has a great tennis and looks nice. never saw her being a bitch but maybe she put too much pressure on herself for this year.

volta
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:33 PM

i'd LOVE IT :haha:

drake3781
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
any youtube of this?

Hayato
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM

Really? I thought Hana seemed really pleasant when I saw her play.
When she pushed Henin to the tiebreak at the AO but fell over, she kept on playing the rest of the match even though she looked really pained. I think Sromova has retired now, hasn't played since US Open :sad:

As for Poutchek, years ago she was my favourite player. Then I saw her at Wimbledon, and was completely embarassed to think I was her fan!!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:25 PM
some girls need to learn some sportsmanship - vika was just embarassing and those shrieks are absurd :(

DutchieGirl
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM
:lol: