PDA

View Full Version : Venus w/no ret. on horizon: "Reclaiming #1 in 09' is a realistic goal"

Paneru
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Tennis star Venus Williams says no plans to retire soon

1 hour ago

HONG KONG — Despite watching some of her biggest rivals hang up their rackets in recent years, five-time Grand Slam-winner Venus Williams says she still has plenty of goals to achieve in tennis.

"I love my job. I love hitting balls, running, jumping, chasing after that ball. I love what I do, so that's what keeps me motivated," the 28-year-old American said Tuesday in Hong Kong ahead of a warm-up exhibition tournament for the Australian Open.

While many of her contemporaries, like Belgians Justin Henin and Kim Clijsters, and Switzerland's Martina Hingis have left the WTA Tour, the elder of the two Williams sisters said she's still hungry for more.

Williams has won Wimbledon five times and the U.S. Open twice, but has had less success at the two other Grand Slams, reaching the final at the French Open in 2002 and the Australian Open in 2003.

"I haven't won the French or the Australian (Opens), although I've come pretty close, so those are definitely on my list," Williams said, adding that reclaiming the No. 1 ranking this year is a realistic goal.

The world No. 6, who enjoyed a strong season in 2008 with wins at Wimbledon and the season-ending WTA Championship at Doha, Qatar, said she's feeling healthy after a four-week break without tennis.

"Nothing to complain about right now," Williams said.

The American is playing in Hong Kong starting Wednesday as her only preparation for the Australian Open, which starts on Jan. 19.

She captains the Americas at the team-format which also features world No. 1 Serbian Jelena Jankovic, Russians Vera Zvonareva and Anna Chakvetadze, Hungarian Agnes Szavay, China's Zheng Jie and India's Sania Mirza.

Williams also said she will use new WTA Tour rules that allow on-court coaching starting this year sparingly.

"I'll probably call the coach if my opponent calls the coach ... I'll be watching to see what she does," she said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iZ-KKrsC6LGj2avaJiFB-yL8XvLg

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for posting Paneru. Good news. :kiss: SHe doesn't say anything about NO.1 though.

Cp6uja
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
"I haven't won the French Open, although I've come pretty close, so those are definitely on my list," Federer said, adding that reclaiming the No. 1 ranking this year is a realistic goal.Now I agree.

:p

Dini.
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
"five time grand slam winner"

Talk about ignoring the US Opens she won :mad::mad:

Some of these journalists cant look up the easiest of facts...

Amalgamate
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:01 AM
:hearts: Venus in 2009!

CJ07
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I'm looking forward to see how she does this year

tonybotz
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:06 AM
"five time grand slam winner"

Talk about ignoring the US Opens she won :mad::mad:

Some of these journalists cant look up the easiest of facts...

"Williams has won Wimbledon five times and the U.S. Open twice"

Bartosh
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090106/capt.3ec96451d581418f9f7e5e229083020e.hong_kong_te nnis_jb_group_classic_xkc103.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090106/capt.651c09d752cb4548aaf2e0084c60e0dd.hong_kong_te nnis_jb_group_classic_xkc105.jpg

U.S. tennis player Venus Williams attends a news conference in Hong Kong Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009. Williams will play at the JB Group Classic 2009 tennis competition which starts from Jan. 7-10 in Hong Kong

Dini.
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:22 AM
"Williams has won Wimbledon five times and the U.S. Open twice"

Well the mistake was made at the start of the article...its not that hard to proofread and correct..and in fact it put me off reading the whole thing.

Amalgamate
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:25 AM
"five-time Grand Slam-winner Venus Williams" :smash:

GO VENUS!!
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
WHAT?? shes won 7 GS! My god you would think a little check up on the facts before it goes to press!

GO VENUS!!
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
btw big Venus fan!!!!! Go venus!

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Thats pretty bad. Its putting Venus in the same category of Hingis :spit:

Direwolf
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
i think they meant to say

"5 TIME WIMBLEDON GS CHAMPION"
or something like that...

sometimes..
seeing
5 TIMES WIMBLEDON CHAMPION
is better
than 7 times GS CHAMPION

tennisbear7
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Venus will have a tough time doing it, with the number of tournaments she plays. Furthermore, she always comes up with these assertions at the start of the year - how she wants to win at least three of the grand slams and stuff. I mean she can do it but it'll be tough.

new-york
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
the uz.

but hey, you totally HAVE TO be positive.

good luck. :inlove:

volta
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:39 AM
thats the spirit Vee :inlove: get the OZ :bounce:

ce
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM
:hearts:

Hardiansf
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Amen. You can do all that Vee. Good luck!

Marcell
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Venus eyes number one spot

6 January 2009

HONG KONG - Wimbledon champion Venus Williams is eyeing regaining the top spot in women's tennis as she gears up for another tilt at the season's opening Grand Slam, the Australian Open.

Williams, who reached the number one ranking in early 2002 and is currently sixth in the world, finished 2008 on a high note, winning her first year-end WTA Tour Championships.

The American, who has won seven Grand Slam singles titles, including five Wimbledon crowns, said reaching the top of the women's game remained a realistic goal.

"I'm happy with everything. I worked really hard last year to get what I had to and (am) definitely proud of those achievements," she said.

"This year I feel I'm in a great position to move forward to number one but of course I've got to do it and that will be the fun part. I will try to get there."

Williams, preparing for the Australian Open later this month, is captaining the US team in Hong Kong's World Team Challenge, featuring teams representing Europe, Russia, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.

The European team at the event, which starts Wednesday and runs until January 10, includes current world number one Jelena Jankovic.

Williams said she was feeling fit after a long break and was looking forward to some tough matches in Hong Kong.

"I had a really good off-season. I think this one was the longest one ever. I did four weeks with no tennis, that was pretty amazing. I enjoyed it too much. Breaks are a luxury so it was a wonderful luxury. I'm feeling good."

And Williams, 28, dismissed thoughts of retirement, saying she planned to play on until at least the 2012 London Olympics.

"When you're at the top of your game you're not planning on retirement and walking away. You're just planning hopefully the next victory so that's grand right now," she said.

"I love my job. I love hitting balls, running and jumping, chasing after that ball. I love what I do so I think that's what keeps me motivated," she added.

Williams, who has won the US Open twice, said the French Open and the Australian Open, neither of which she has won, are high on her list of objectives for 2009 but if she had a choice, she would pick another Wimbledon.

"Wimbledon means the most to me," she said.

And the American said she was planning a busy schedule of doubles with her sister, world number two Serena, with whom she won the Olympics doubles title in Beijing.

"We're going to try and play all the Slams. We'll see what happens but we love winning those titles and I think if we could play more often we could just keep getting them, so we'll see."

The Australian Open, the first of the season's four Grand Slams, starts on January 19.

kwilliams
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Yes she still has her braids! She better keep them for the AO!

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Venus eyes number one spot

6 January 2009

HONG KONG - Wimbledon champion Venus Williams is eyeing regaining the top spot in women's tennis as she gears up for another tilt at the season's opening Grand Slam, the Australian Open.

Williams, who reached the number one ranking in early 2002 and is currently sixth in the world, finished 2008 on a high note, winning her first year-end WTA Tour Championships.

The American, who has won seven Grand Slam singles titles, including five Wimbledon crowns, said reaching the top of the women's game remained a realistic goal.

"I'm happy with everything. I worked really hard last year to get what I had to and (am) definitely proud of those achievements," she said.

"This year I feel I'm in a great position to move forward to number one but of course I've got to do it and that will be the fun part. I will try to get there."

Williams, preparing for the Australian Open later this month, is captaining the US team in Hong Kong's World Team Challenge, featuring teams representing Europe, Russia, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.

The European team at the event, which starts Wednesday and runs until January 10, includes current world number one Jelena Jankovic.

Williams said she was feeling fit after a long break and was looking forward to some tough matches in Hong Kong.

"I had a really good off-season. I think this one was the longest one ever. I did four weeks with no tennis, that was pretty amazing. I enjoyed it too much. Breaks are a luxury so it was a wonderful luxury. I'm feeling good."

And Williams, 28, dismissed thoughts of retirement, saying she planned to play on until at least the 2012 London Olympics.

"When you're at the top of your game you're not planning on retirement and walking away. You're just planning hopefully the next victory so that's grand right now," she said.

"I love my job. I love hitting balls, running and jumping, chasing after that ball. I love what I do so I think that's what keeps me motivated," she added.

Williams, who has won the US Open twice, said the French Open and the Australian Open, neither of which she has won, are high on her list of objectives for 2009 but if she had a choice, she would pick another Wimbledon.

"Wimbledon means the most to me," she said.

And the American said she was planning a busy schedule of doubles with her sister, world number two Serena, with whom she won the Olympics doubles title in Beijing.

"We're going to try and play all the Slams. We'll see what happens but we love winning those titles and I think if we could play more often we could just keep getting them, so we'll see."

The Australian Open, the first of the season's four Grand Slams, starts on January 19.four weeks with no tennis. yikes!

Well, she'll be fresh. :lol:

Hardiansf
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM
So she said Wimbledon is still ahead of Oz and RG. Yes, make a history Vee!

Marcelo.
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
You can do it Venus :inlove: :hug:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
four weeks with no tennis. yikes!

Well, she'll be fresh. :lol:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I was reading the article and enjoying it, then I saw that part and I was like "Hold up" :rolls:

vwfan
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I was reading the article and enjoying it, then I saw that part and I was like "Hold up" :rolls::lol:

she was concentrating on fitness? :shrug:

Lordie, lordie. prepare for heart attacks.

Vlover
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
She finally made it!:lol: She sounds very motivated and optimistic. If she stays healthy she can achieve her goals. Go Venus!:hearts:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
i stopped reading after "five time grand slam champion" :o

V-MAC
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
:lol:

she was concentrating on fitness? :shrug:

Lordie, lordie. prepare for heart attacks.

:lol: Vee will be fine. She will get rid of the rust if required in Hong Kong and be ready for AO:D

2Black
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I actually like "4 weeks with no tennis" - over doing it is why we have lost so many so early. Plus Venus plays best with little to no prep. lol

RenaSlam.
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Step to the Queen's words. STEP.

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
You can do it Venus :inlove: :hug:love the pic in your siggy....The best legs in tennis without a doubt:drool:

Gitem V!!:mad:

Sylwiiia
Jan 6th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I like this attitude, Keep it going Venus :)

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM

:lol:

CJ07
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear about the doubles. It definitely helps their game.

I think it'd come in handy at the French especially.

eduardo1960
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Venus:worship::worship::worship:

Thanks for your tennis

Broken Racquet
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I hope she keeps her promise. It is time to end this moonballing, #1 is where she should be.

hingis-seles
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I like the braids on her. She looks attractive. 2001 Wimbledon - 2002 RG was another period when she looked beautiful.

Good luck to her in Melbourne and Paris. I'll be stunned if she ever wins either title in her career, but she's stunned me enough times already.

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Come on my Queen :hearts: :worship:. Let's get the ball rolling :hearts:.

darrinbaker00
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I actually like "4 weeks with no tennis" - over doing it is why we have lost so many so early. Plus Venus plays best with little to no prep. lol
If there's one thing Venus Williams cannot, should not and will never be accused of, it's playing too much tennis.

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
If there's one thing Venus Williams cannot, should not and will never be accused of, it's playing too much tennis.

True, though when she does play tennis you can be sure that she will give 100% which makes it worth it :D

AcesHigh
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Well, if she wins AO or RG, could she shoot to #1? I mean, she'd have two slams and YEC

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I like the braids on her. She looks attractive. 2001 Wimbledon - 2002 RG was another period when she looked beautiful.

Good luck to her in Melbourne and Paris. I'll be stunned if she ever wins either title in her career, but she's stunned me enough times already.

Why would you be stunned? :rolleyes:

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Well, if she wins AO or RG, could she shoot to #1? I mean, she'd have two slams and YEC

She's gonna need a good draw to do well at the AO this year IMO.

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I was reading the article and enjoying it, then I saw that part and I was like "Hold up" :rolls:

Co-sign!

I can't even go 4 weeks without tennis :lol: And then to play a tournament :tape:

Good luck Venus! I Love you this ---------------------------------------------------------- much! She can do it! I vee-lieve :bounce: I love you Venus :sobbing:

I am a wreck :crying2:

I love her in braids :crying:

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
i hope she turns up in form at the oz open, would be a good addition to the list of favourites, though i still think shes miles benind jj and serena as favourites when it comes to the oz open or french open.

AcesHigh
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
i hope she turns up in form at the oz open, would be a good addition to the list of favourites, though i still think shes miles benind jj and serena as favourites when it comes to the oz open or french open.

:spit:@miles behind JJ

serenus_2k8
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:54 PM

I dunno if the bookies will agree with you. After Vee won YEC, beating JJ en route, I doubt shes miles behind?

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Miles behind JJ?! Venus recentnly beat JJ fairly handily at the YEC so what are you talking about? Ana, Serena, Venus and even a not in form Maria could beat JJ at Oz. Now, I saw some clips of JJ's off season training and it is :eek: She worked really hard and did some really intensive training but her game is still is to counterpunch and if one of those top players are on top of their game, she stands no chance. I remember Martina Hingis doing similar off season training right before the 2001 season where she said she worked very hard and we saw where it took her. :tape:

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Venus stop lying you and Serena are not playing all the doubles slams:lol: I highly doubt they will play the French:p

Glad to hear, she looks :inlove:

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Venus wants to be on top of the world again:inlove:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wq4cpk.jpg

VishaalMaria
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM

When was that picture taken? She looks nice, her top is really funky.

Uranium
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
When was that picture taken? She looks nice, her top is really funky.

When she was #1 in February, 2002 in Dubai I think:p

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM

:confused::confused:

Destiny
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Come on venus :woohoo:

More double trouble :armed:

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM
people need to read properly, i said shes miles behind serena and jj when it comes to the oz and french opens favourites.

venus hasn't made the semi's of the french or oz open in what 6 or 7 years, jj made the semi's of both last year and the french the year before. also jj's seeding will be an advantage to avoiding serena and safina untill the final or semi's.

yes venus won the YEC beating jj, but jj won stutgart and rome beating venus both times. in the end the tournaments mean nothing as they come and go often, its recent form at the slams that counts and outside of wimbledon jj is consistently going futher than venus in slams. when it comes to wimbledon venus is miles ahead of jj and anyone else.

cn ireland
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Its good to hear that venus loves tennis so much. I often wonder how many of the top players really enjoy their tennis so it's nice to hear Venus say it.

Good luck with the 2009 season Venus;)!

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM
people need to read properly, i said shes miles behind serena and jj when it comes to the oz and french opens favourites.

venus hasn't made the semi's of the french or oz open in what 6 or 7 years, jj made the semi's of both last year and the french the year before. also jj's seeding will be an advantage to avoiding serena and safina untill the final or semi's.

yes venus won the YEC beating jj, but jj won stutgart and rome beating venus both times. in the end the tournaments mean nothing as they come and go often, its recent form at the slams that counts and outside of wimbledon jj is consistently going futher than venus in slams. when it comes to wimbledon venus is miles ahead of jj and anyone else.

But out of the tournaments which one comes closest to a slam? Why should Venus be avoiding Safina? :lol:
I don't consider JJ a favourite for AO over Venus, definitely not by MILES.

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
But out of the tournaments which one comes closest to a slam? Why should Venus be avoiding Safina? :lol:
I don't consider JJ a favourite for AO over Venus, definitely not by MILES.

well i do, and i said jj could avoid safina untill the semis. venus could have a 4th round with maria, qtr with serena, semi safina and final with jj, having a top 2 seeding is a big plus jj won't have to worry about serena at all untill the finals, maria untill the qtrs.

if you think about it logicaly jj is in a lot better position to go all the way.

mboyle
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Venus will have a tough time doing it, with the number of tournaments she plays. Furthermore, she always comes up with these assertions at the start of the year - how she wants to win at least three of the grand slams and stuff. I mean she can do it but it'll be tough.

I think Venus is one of the smartest women on tour. I have always thought that. She thinks getting to no. 1 is realistic this year not only because she's playing like it's 2001 all over again, but also because the new ranking system gives her a chance against the Jankovic's of the tour. No one peaks better for the big events than Venus, and the big events all count this year. Winning minnie mouse exhibitions in Stuttgart and Beijing won't be able to mask the lack of a grand slam title this year.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Yet Venus is the won who has won slams in last two years. I would only agree that on the surfaces JJ's game is better suited than Venus but going further and still coming up short does not make you MILES ahead no matter how you twist it. And that's what people contention with you is.

Serena and Maria when it comes to the OZ open are clearly the top faves. JJ being the #1 player is also a contender but not miles ahead as some would want us to believe considering

1. She's never made the finals here
2. She has not won a slam (yet)
3. She never gone into a slam being the #1 ranked player and person to beat according to ranking.
4. If she makes the final it will only be her second.

And it's 5 years since Venus has not gone beyond the QF of both the AO or FO not six or 7 as you indicated, not a whole lot better but...

Foxy

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
She's gonna need a good draw to do well at the AO this year IMO. Venus has never needed nor does she now need a kind draw to advance. Doesn't matter what her ranking is, or who is on the other side of the net. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.:wavey: I'm sure i'm not the first to call them foolish.

well i do, and i said jj could avoid safina untill the semis. venus could have a 4th round with maria, qtr with serena, semi safina and final with jj, having a top 2 seeding is a big plus jj won't have to worry about serena at all untill the finals, maria untill the qtrs.

if you think about it logicaly jj is in a lot better position to go all the way.
your week ass favorites need cushy draws to advance. Venus has nothing to prove, she has seven slam singles titles in the bank. If she's focussed and fit she can slay anyone.

I think Venus is one of the smartest women on tour. I have always thought that. She thinks getting to no. 1 is realistic this year not only because she's playing like it's 2001 all over again, but also because the new ranking system gives her a chance against the Jankovic's of the tour. No one peaks better for the big events than Venus, and the big events all count this year. Winning minnie mouse exhibitions in Stuttgart and Beijing won't be able to mask the lack of a grand slam title this year.

:worship::worship:

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yet Venus is the won who has won slams in last two years. I would only agree that on the surfaces JJ's game is better suited than Venus but going further and still coming up short does not make you MILES ahead no matter how you twist it. And that's what people contention with you is.

Serena and Maria when it comes to the OZ open are clearly the top faves. JJ being the #1 player is also a contender but not miles ahead as some would want us to believe considering

1. She's never made the finals here
2. She has not won a slam (yet)
3. She never gone into a slam being the #1 ranked player and person to beat according to ranking.
4. If she makes the final it will only be her second.

And it's 5 years since Venus has not gone beyond the QF of both the AO or FO not six or 7 as you indicated, not a whole lot better but...

Foxy

its 2009 venus was RU at the oz in '03 thats 6 years, again its 2009 she last made at least the semis of the french in 2002, thats 7 years by my maths :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
its 2009 venus was RU at the oz in '03 thats 6 years, again its 2009 she last made at least the semis of the french in 2002, thats 7 years by my maths :wavey:

And the last time JJ made the A.O. final? French? Wimbledon? YEC?

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM

ROFL! It may be 2009 but the OZ has not started as yet so, you however will get 1 point for the FO... since it's so important to you GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM

And the last time JJ made the A.O. final? French? Wimbledon? YEC?

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM

You have yet to figure out how the new ranking system works, don't you? :tape:

:secret: cos it doesn't make the slightest difference when it comes to players of Jelena's and Venus' level

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
ROFL! It may be 2009 but the OZ has not started as yet so, you however will get 1 point for the FO... since it's so important to you GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

thanks you can sit with a dunce hat on at the back of the class, because it will be 6 years in 2 weeks since venus reached the final of the oz open, nothing will change that between now and then its a fact. if she reaches the final this year it will still be 6 years between finals lmao. :rolleyes::help::tape:

terjw
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:10 PM

The actual order of the 5 favourites at the AO with their best* bookie odds is currently:

Serena 3:1
Venus 6:1
Jelena 7:1
Maria 7:1
Ana 15:2These odds are for the best* return i.e. the longest odds - not the shortest.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/womens-australian-open/win-market/best-odds/

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:15 PM
thanks you can sit with a dunce hat on at the back of the class, because it will be 6 years in 2 weeks since venus reached the final of the oz open, nothing will change that between now and then its a fact. if she reaches the final this year it will still be 6 years between finals lmao. :rolleyes::help::tape:

Obviously you've spent a whole lot of time at the back of the glass and will get 5 mins at the front because clearly your dumbness cannot be hidden.

Of course it will be six years in two weeks, but you included it to make your point and cannot concede that you were wrong. The AO open starts January 19th 2009, it's now January 6th 2009 in my part of the world so clearly you cannot include this year as it has not happened yet. When and if she makes the final or not this year, it will then be SIX years, counting it before it happens does not give you any credence. It just showed you made a mistake, but you clearly to self absorbed to admit it.

I'm big enough to realise my mistake with the FO and conceded that you were correct that it has been 6 years there. Are you gonna tell me now that it's seven years because the FO is this year????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess they were right when they said "IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE, TRY IGNORANCE!!!"

Foxy

winone23
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Good luck Venus. Win your first AO title

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
The actual order of the 5 favourites at the AO with their best* bookie odds is currently:

Serena 3:1
Venus 6:1
Jelena 7:1
Maria 7:1
Ana 15:2These odds are for the best* return i.e. the longest odds - not the shortest.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/womens-australian-open/win-market/best-odds/

There's some seperation between them, not miles, and it favors Venus Williams :tape::lol::help:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM

jj's last AO final was when.....23 years ago??? i'd say the person who at least made a final is better on the surface than someone who always came up short :wavey:

he may have on the dunce hat but you got hit with the ass stamp :wavey:

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Obviously you've spent a whole lot of time at the back of the glass and will get 5 mins at the front because clearly your dumbness cannot be hidden.

Of course it will be six years in two weeks, but you included it to make your point and cannot concede that you were wrong. The AO open starts January 19th 2009, it's now January 6th 2009 in my part of the world so clearly you cannot include this year as it has not happened yet. When and if she makes the final or not this year, it will then be SIX years, counting it before it happens does not give you any credence. It just showed you made a mistake, but you clearly to self absorbed to admit it.

I'm big enough to realise my mistake with the FO and conceded that you were correct that it has been 6 years there. Are you gonna tell me now that it's seven years because the FO is this year????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess they were right when they said "IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE, TRY IGNORANCE!!!"

Foxy

lmao are you really that thick? it will be 6 years this year at the oz and 7 years this year at the french, its not that now but it will be nothing will change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! venus cant reach the french open final between now and the end of the french open so 7 years it is.

if you want to settle this open up a poll and ask people how many years it will be this year since venus made the semis of the oz open of french and they will say 6 and 7.

Matt01
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM

LOL...Stuttgart with 8 Top Ten players in the draw is certainly no "minnie mouse exhibitions ", and Moscow and Rome obviously aren't either. And Venus peaking at the big events? What are you smoking? Outside of grass she has done almost nothing at the Slams since 2003 or so :tape:

:spit:

Oh, and as for Venus thinking she will reach #1 this year:
Dream on, girl.

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM
jj's last AO final was when.....23 years ago??? i'd say the person who at least made a final is better on the surface than someone who always came up short :wavey:

he may have on the dunce hat but you got hit with the ass stamp :wavey:

momo won it in 2006 so i guess by your logic shes ahead of venus interms of favourites for the oz open, sit down please.

homogenius
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:30 PM

The old ranking system gave her the same chance (not much differences between the two) and big events all counted the past years as well.Besides that, Venus is certainly not the player who peaks better for big events.At Wimbledon yes but in other slams ???

Dodoboy.
momo won it in 2006 so i guess by your logic shes ahead of venus interms of favourites for the oz open, sit down please.

Don't try to be smart Sam!

You are just trying to twist his logic.

G1Player2
[quote=DA FOREHAND;14708489]Venus has never needed nor does she now need a kind draw to advance. Doesn't matter what her ranking is, or who is on the other side of the net. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.:wavey: I'm sure i'm not the first to call them foolish.

I disagree. Draws do matter especially at the AO to Venus Williams. There is a possiblity that she could meet Sharapova in the 4th round followed by Serena in the quarters and even JJ in the semis. Can she do it? Sure. But, it's a very tall order and I don't see any player beating those players back to back but Venus would have the best chance. :shrug:

AT Wimbledon, maybe even the USO, draws don't matter much for Venus, but at the AO and the FO, I think she needs a good draw in the earlier rounds to get into the thick of things.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM

if Momo was anything useful right now sure...but she's not :rolls: use a player who ACTUALLY is doing something to disprove me...until then...STFU :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE]

I disagree. Draws do matter especially at the AO to Venus Williams. There is a possiblity that she could meet Sharapova in the 4th round followed by Serena in the quarters and even JJ in the semis. Can she do it? Sure. But, it's a very tall order and I don't see any player beating those players back to back but Venus would have the best chance. :shrug:

AT Wimbledon, maybe even the USO, draws don't matter much for Venus, but at the AO and the FO, I think she needs a good draw in the earlier rounds to get into the thick of things.
If Venus Williams needs a cushy draw, then so does everyone else, w/the only possible exceptions being Serena Williams.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:33 PM
lmao are you really that thick? it will be 6 years this year at the oz and 7 years this year at the french, its not that now but it will be nothing will change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! venus cant reach the french open final between now and the end of the french open so 7 years it is.

if you want to settle this open up a poll and ask people how many years it will be this year since venus made the semis of the oz open of french and they will say 6 and 7.

You can pull all the poll you want, I don't care. You're original post said SHE HASN'T not that IT WILL BE 6 OR 7 years this year again but IT HASN'T, and that's what I'm responded to. You want to change it now by saying it will to save face but, nope not going to happen.

Again dearie you cannot count or include something that has not yet happen. You would have had a point if you had said, if Venus does not reach the AO it will be 6 years and the same for the FO i.e. it will be 7 years, but that's not what you said.

Foxy

sammy01
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Don't try to be smart Sam!

You are just trying to twist his logic.

im not, its his logic i was just using it.

Aaron.
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Are we seriously taking sammy seriously?

even Matt has more respect from me then him

winone23
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Dream on, girl.

Hopefully, Venus' dream, will turn into a nightmare for you.

Aaron.
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Bash Venus because she hasnt won every title in the book thats real mature.

Lets bash Justine, Serena, Hingis too.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Are we seriously taking sammy seriously?

even Matt has more respect from me then him

matt's only problem is his need to hate venus :rolls: other than that i love matt....he's funny apart from that :rolls:

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Venus has never needed nor does she now need a kind draw to advance. Doesn't matter what her ranking is, or who is on the other side of the net. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.:wavey: I'm sure i'm not the first to call them foolish.

your week ass favorites need cushy draws to advance. Venus has nothing to prove, she has seven slam singles titles in the bank. If she's focussed and fit she can slay anyone.

:worship::worship:

LOL...Stuttgart with 8 Top Ten players in the draw is certainly no "minnie mouse exhibitions ", and Moscow and Rome obviously aren't either. And Venus peaking at the big events? What are you smoking? Outside of grass she has done almost nothing at the Slams since 2003 or so :tape:

Dream on, girl.

Your girl JJ can keep the #1 ranking since that is her only motivation. In the meanwhile, talk is cheap especially yours, so I'll leave the rest of the talking to Venus's racket and her 7 grand slams. ;)

G1Player2
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
matt's only problem is his need to hate venus :rolls: other than that i love matt....he's funny apart from that :rolls:

Matt is hilarious. I agree. One of the haters that I actually respect.

^bibi^
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Allrighty guys,

Please stick to the thread subject, the one post deleted was deleted because it insulted a poster. The other ones were just deleted as they were quotes or comments. If you have anymore question, just PM me but please don't use the thread for this.

Thanx...

The Dawntreader
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Number 1 isnt an entirely unrealistic ambition for Venus. The void left by Henin has given every elite player a chance to compete for the top spot, and if Venus peaks at big events this year, she could well do it.

However, Slams will be still be the greater aim than the number 1 ranking, and i'm guessing Vee is really hungry for the Aussie title. She just needs to get into gear quickly, i feel like at Wimby she can scratch through to the second week and then raise her game accordingly in the latter rounds. With the interchangable conditions in Oz, she has to be uber-prepared, which is maybe what's been lacking since '03. Defintely last year, there was something up with her, either physical or mental or perhaps both.

Go vee though:D

dynamoRockstarr
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM
she states those assertions but she dont go out saying i'm going to win everything. the number 1 ranking is in her reach if she can put the effort in earlier in the season and continue it through the summer and fall, she's set!

Direwolf
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:25 PM
lol...

people fighting over
6 years 7 years crap....

cant we just like go back 2 months
where Venus won ZURICH+YEC
beating:
1- Jelena Jankovic
2- Serena Williams
3- Dinara Safina
4- Elena Dementieva
5- Ana Ivanovic
6- thats my boo
7- Vera Zvonareva
8- Kuzzie oh no! Venus lost their last match...HAHAHAHAHA!!!
9- Maria...where is thou shoulders?,won HK..hehe
10- Radwanska USO4R
11- Petrova..my cuties sick..come back soon
12- Wozniacki.. won.. dunno when
13- Pennetta...revenged in Zurich

LOL Venus has won ALL her last matches against the top
13(could go on i guess)
except Kuznetsova...

so i think she should be more afraid of Kuzzie...
hahaha!!!

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Matt is hilarious. I agree. One of the haters that I actually respect.

:haha:

supergrunt
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I think that Venus can win because she is good.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, its a very realistic goal if she can stay injury free. I really hope she can because Venus is to much of a tennis legend to have only 12 weeks at #1 on her stats sheet. :D:bounce:

winone23
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
lol...

people fighting over
6 years 7 years crap....

cant we just like go back 2 months
where Venus won ZURICH+YEC
beating:
1- Jelena Jankovic
2- Serena Williams
3- Dinara Safina
4- Elena Dementieva
5- Ana Ivanovic
6- thats my boo
7- Vera Zvonareva
8- Kuzzie oh no! Venus lost their last match...HAHAHAHAHA!!!
9- Maria...where is thou shoulders?,won HK..hehe
10- Radwanska USO4R
11- Petrova..my cuties sick..come back soon
12- Wozniacki.. won.. dunno when
13- Pennetta...revenged in Zurich

LOL Venus has won ALL her last matches against the top
13(could go on i guess)
except Kuznetsova...

so i think she should be more afraid of Kuzzie...
hahaha!!!
I like this post, it puts everything in perspective.

friendsita
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:33 AM
go V!!!!!!!

spencercarlos
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Hopefully, Venus' dream, will turn into a nightmare for you.
Under this ranking system you can´t get to number one without playing a lot of tournaments, and Venus certainly CAN´T do that, she simply gets injured that much so she eventually ends up withdrawing.

Apart from that her peak AKA 2 Slams per year allowed her to be number one 12 weeks :tape:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM

:weirdo:

never fails. Someone always has to say something stupid.

Venus has been to the Finals of Both Australian Open and French. She was 2 games away from winning the title.

AcesHigh
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM
It's a realistic goal. I say this simply because there's no dominant force on tour. Is it likely? I dont think so.

However, all Venus has to do is learn to win outside Wimbledon. I think everyone's been saying this for a while. She never had the same confidence and would often give matches away, etc. Hopefully Zurich and YEC helped in that department. Will we see a new Venus in 2009? Who knows.

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:03 AM

absolutely LOVE this Pic!!:hearts:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:05 AM

:haha:

Still wrong:lol:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:07 AM

All logic goes out the window when it comes to Venus Williams. Please don't let your logic embarrass you in the near future:tape:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:09 AM

:haha::clap2:

AWESOME! Well put

GracefulVenus
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:15 AM
First time I've heard her mention the AO and the French titles! You can do it Venus :yeah:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:17 AM

Dream on, girl.

Oh My Goodness! I Cannot Wait till She proves This IDIOT Wrong!!!:bounce::bounce:

spencercarlos
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Oh My Goodness! I Cannot Wait till She proves This IDIOT Wrong!!!:bounce::bounce:
Don´t worry delusionals i will be the first one to bump this thread in a matter of months.
Venus rarely proves me wrong.. Aka RG :bounce:

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE]

You guys act like The Austrailian Open is some foreign Surface that Venus struggles with.:confused: Venus does not need a good draw....REALLY ANYWHERE! If she puts her mind to it, and wants it bad enough, she more athletic and more talented than any other player in the draw to win any tournament without dropping a set.:rolleyes:

SelesFan70
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Typical New Year's shinola from La Venus. I like her attitude as always, but no way she becomes #1, but I can see her winning Miami, Berlin, and, uhm... :tape:

CJ07
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Thats simply not true. This isn't grass and you're only as good as your results say you are.

Lets be real here. The reason Venus has lost at the French Open in recent years is that she was forced to play pushers who kept rallies long and kept balls bouncing high. Vera Zvonareva, Anastasia Myskina, Sesil Karantacheva, Jelena Jankovic and Flavia Penneta all did that to great effect. Nicole Vaidisova was the only ballbasher that somehow beat her, and I'm not really sure how that happened. In any case, its no secret why Venus hasn't won that tournament - she simply doesn't do well with that kind of opponent. She HAS been able to beat players that try to hit her off the court (Dementieva) because in the process they make as many errors as she does.

Lets move to the Australian Open. She has lost to Hingis, Seles, S. Williams, Raymond, Molik, Pironkova and Ivanovic in recent years. Hingis beat Venus by making 6 unforced errors and watching her implode. Seles channeled 1992 and out hit Venus who was a step slow that day. Raymond, Molik and Ivanovic beat Venus by exploiting her lack of a kick serve with their forehands and in the case of the first two owning the net. Pironkova was a scrub who just got lucky that day. Thats a diversity of losses there, but all of her losses revolved around attacking the second serve, keeping balls relatively high (or low in Raymond's case) and moving Venus all around the court. The slow speed and high bounce of the court force Venus to play extended rallies, which she usually loses as she often lacks penetration on her shots and doesn't have a high enough first serve percentage. Her second serve is increasingly vulnerable (see 2003) because the paucity of spin leaves the ball sitting up in the player's striking zone, namely the forehand which has been the majority of these players strong points. Now, Venus's second serve has more spin on it than it used to and she at least TRIES to hit kick serves now, but they still fail to bounce high enough, deep enough and with enough bite to really get the job done.

I think people are underestimating the draw and the surface. If Venus draws Sharapova I think she'll will herself to win simply because she doesn't like Sharapova. If she draws Dementieva I can see her winning because she is in Dementieva's head. Once shes at the SF stage, I doubt she'd lose to anyone outside of her sister. However - and this is assuming she makes it to the second week - I'd be surprised if she got by Jankovic, Serena or Safina for the aforementioned reasons in the QF.

I'm not saying she can't do it, but history repeats itself and unfortunately for her that history is bad.

Also, the YEC is over. Zurich is over. Its time to move on. Venus said herself she didn't so much as look at a racket for almost a month. She is starting back at 0. Just because she beat players in November it doesn't mean she will beat them in January just like she can lose in the first round of the French in May yet win Wimbledon in July.

In regard to the #1 ranking, I highly doubt that will happen. She would have to absolutely clean up to get to #1 with a 13-14 tournament schedule. History shows that she will get injured shortly after the Australian Open, not play anything until Miami where she won't do well, get injured again, use the French Open as a defacto warm up for Wimbledon, win Wimbledon, get injured again and do relatively well at the US Open. Unless she does something physically different in her training that she hasn't done since 2003, this looks like the pattern. Venus has been a lower top 10 player largely because she isn't fit during her strong part of the season (the summer) and crashes out in the beginning of the year. 2008 was an aberation - at least in regards to her performance of the fall.

I'm not saying she can't get to #1 - I'd love to see that happen - however, it will not happen unless she is healthy for the greater part of the first 6 months of the season, which hasn't really happened in earnest in the last 6 years.

RYNJ
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I kind of hope Venus gets a pretty tough draw for the Aussie Open... for some reason when she's playing better/higher ranked opponents she rises up to the occasion and wins. :o

friendsita
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:58 AM
[QUOTE=G1Player2;14708770]

You guys act like The Austrailian Open is some foreign Surface that Venus struggles with.:confused: Venus does not need a good draw....REALLY ANYWHERE! If she puts her mind to it, and wants it bad enough, she more athletic and more talented than any other player in the draw to win any tournament without dropping a set.:rolleyes:

:worship::worship::worship:

spencercarlos
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:03 AM
[QUOTE=G1Player2;14708770]

Who needs a Good draw? ANywhere? Rg? Clarissa Fernandez? :lol: :bounce:

vwfan
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Thats simply not true. This isn't grass and you're only as good as your results say you are.

Lets be real here. The reason Venus has lost at the French Open in recent years is that she was forced to play pushers who kept rallies long and kept balls bouncing high. Vera Zvonareva, Anastasia Myskina, Sesil Karantacheva, Jelena Jankovic and Flavia Penneta all did that to great effect. Nicole Vaidisova was the only ballbasher that somehow beat her, and I'm not really sure how that happened. In any case, its no secret why Venus hasn't won that tournament - she simply doesn't do well with that kind of opponent. She HAS been able to beat players that try to hit her off the court (Dementieva) because in the process they make as many errors as she does.

Lets move to the Australian Open. She has lost to Hingis, Seles, S. Williams, Raymond, Molik, Pironkova and Ivanovic in recent years. Hingis beat Venus by making 6 unforced errors and watching her implode. Seles channeled 1992 and out hit Venus who was a step slow that day. Raymond, Molik and Ivanovic beat Venus by exploiting her lack of a kick serve with their forehands and in the case of the first two owning the net. Pironkova was a scrub who just got lucky that day. Thats a diversity of losses there, but all of her losses revolved around attacking the second serve, keeping balls relatively high (or low in Raymond's case) and moving Venus all around the court. The slow speed and high bounce of the court force Venus to play extended rallies, which she usually loses as she often lacks penetration on her shots and doesn't have a high enough first serve percentage. Her second serve is increasingly vulnerable (see 2003) because the paucity of spin leaves the ball sitting up in the player's striking zone, namely the forehand which has been the majority of these players strong points. Now, Venus's second serve has more spin on it than it used to and she at least TRIES to hit kick serves now, but they still fail to bounce high enough, deep enough and with enough bite to really get the job done.

I think people are underestimating the draw and the surface. If Venus draws Sharapova I think she'll will herself to win simply because she doesn't like Sharapova. If she draws Dementieva I can see her winning because she is in Dementieva's head. Once shes at the SF stage, I doubt she'd lose to anyone outside of her sister. However - and this is assuming she makes it to the second week - I'd be surprised if she got by Jankovic, Serena or Safina for the aforementioned reasons in the QF.

I'm not saying she can't do it, but history repeats itself and unfortunately for her that history is bad.

Also, the YEC is over. Zurich is over. Its time to move on. Venus said herself she didn't so much as look at a racket for almost a month. She is starting back at 0. Just because she beat players in November it doesn't mean she will beat them in January just like she can lose in the first round of the French in May yet win Wimbledon in July.

In regard to the #1 ranking, I highly doubt that will happen. She would have to absolutely clean up to get to #1 with a 13-14 tournament schedule. History shows that she will get injured shortly after the Australian Open, not play anything until Miami where she won't do well, get injured again, use the French Open as a defacto warm up for Wimbledon, win Wimbledon, get injured again and do relatively well at the US Open. Unless she does something physically different in her training that she hasn't done since 2003, this looks like the pattern. Venus has been a lower top 10 player largely because she isn't fit during her strong part of the season (the summer) and crashes out in the beginning of the year. 2008 was an aberation - at least in regards to her performance of the fall.

I'm not saying she can't get to #1 - I'd love to see that happen - however, it will not happen unless she is healthy for the greater part of the first 6 months of the season, which hasn't really happened in earnest in the last 6 years.interesting analysis. i don't agree with it all, but at least it was thoughtful.

jrollaneres25
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
interesting analysis. i don't agree with it all, but at least it was thoughtful.

I totally agree. Some parts seemed emotion-tached, but overall a great analysis

volta
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=jrollaneres25;14711057]

who beat kostanic, Kim, Dementieva and Suarez on her way to the semis :wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM

I'm not saying she can't get to #1 - I'd love to see that happen - however, it will not happen unless she is healthy for the greater part of the first 6 months of the season, which hasn't really happened in earnest in the last 6 years.

good analysis...while i agree about the serve, and the long rallies, i think all this can be solved if venus' head is there...all the drawbacks in her game, just like in Zurich and YEC, can usually be solved once she has her head on...it doesn't mean she plays awesome, i just think she's able to keep it together at crunch times despite the short comings which is something she doesn't do well outside of wimbledon it seems...

i think people don't, with good reason, think she can do it at the AO...fair enough, but i have learned throughout the years that Venus doesn't need history on her side to turn up at a tournie and do well...see Zurich and YEC :shrug:

Il Primo!
Jan 8th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I love my girl.

Matt and Sammy ruining the spirit of the thread, AGAIN!

Direwolf
Jan 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Typical New Year's shinola from La Venus. I like her attitude as always, but no way she becomes #1, but I can see her winning Miami, Berlin, and, uhm... :tape:

Berlin??
no..!!
cuz..
ROME before MADRID
MADRID before BERLIN
PARIS after BERLIN

she aint gonna do 4-5 weeks
on clay
especially if she gonna do
doubles with her sister

Paneru
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Just as with everything else, so long as Venus believes knowing what she
can do the rest doesn't matter. Naysayers are always going to do what they
do best.

All I know is that I've not seen Venus play better or more complete tennis.

The best thing is not only is her game speaking for itself, but she seems
genuinely happy and hungry to make even bigger strides in her career.

Enjoying the ride! :cool:

Matt01
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
who beat kostanic, Kim, Dementieva and Suarez on her way to the semis :wavey:

Yeah, and beating a player like Kostanic at RG is of course a really impressive achievement...

Almost as impressive as Venus' win today at one of the most impotant exhibitions in the world....as a poster in this thread said: Venus always peaks at the big tournaments...yeah, tournaments like Hong Kong :tape:

jrollaneres25
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, and beating a player like Kostanic at RG is of course a really impressive achievement...

Almost as impressive as Venus' win today at one of the most impotant exhibitions in the world....as a poster in this thread said: Venus always peaks at the big tournaments...yeah, tournaments like Hong Kong :tape:

Matt, Matt, Matt. You got it all wrong pal:p

DA FOREHAND
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Pal? are you Palling around w/a known terrerist?

Matt01
Jan 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM

Enlighten me, sweetie ;)

jrollaneres25
Jan 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Enlighten me, sweetie ;)

Sweetie? :cuckoo:

No, no, you got that wrong too:wavey:

jrollaneres25
Jan 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM

You ain't talking about nothing:yawn:

Haute
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Someone's cavorting with terriers?

jrollaneres25
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Someone's cavorting with terriers?

Oh my goodness:rolleyes:

Dodoboy.
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
6-2 6-2 beatdowns.

of 2 top 10 players. Those are good signs.

volta
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM

the fact that dementieva Kim and Suarez werent mentioned in ur post speaks volumes

or Wimbledon ...

step up ur hate game its getting boring

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I hope Venus goes on a streak this year, she's due for one. The #1 ranking would be nice but tough since she can't possibly play a jankovic type of schedule. My main goal for Venus this season is to stay injury free and win more big titles and get at least one more slam. With the tour lacking an "it" girl this is Vee's chance to make it happen.

spencercarlos
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Today you are all clapping, i can´t wait til Australian Open comes, and Venus makes another dissapointment for you, and you´ll start blaming on this exhibition event :lol: one excuse or another will please you all..

:wavey:

soomaal
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Ohh what would the world be like if you didn't have Spencercarlos and Matt roaming internet forums for a mention of Venus.hehe

Infiniti2001
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Today you are all clapping, i can´t wait til Australian Open comes, and Venus makes another dissapointment for you, and you´ll start blaming on this exhibition event :lol: one excuse or another will please you all..

STFU and get a bloody life already idiot :fiery: :help:

V-MAC
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I think they'll take Vee's eventual retirement from the game worse than us fans will :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think they'll take Vee's eventual retirement from the game worse than us fans will :lol:

No shit :lol:

tennisbear7
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
umm

You are so classless.

Egyptianbl
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
She will play until 2012 Olympics being slaughtered by anything in the top 300 that can moonball.

spencercarlos
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
[quote=jrollaneres25;14711057]
Did not have to wait that much.

Boring Exhibition Hong Kong Champions 2009 :bounce:
Australian Open bulk of points. Gone :rolleyes:... Geez she can say goodbye to the number one ranking IMO

Next stop Miami. Can´t wait i will be there live! :bounce:

spencercarlos
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM

And the excuses will fly :bounce:

DeliriousPotato
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
HOW DARE YOU USE THE WORD RETIREMENT????????
VENUS IS IMMORTAL.

Lol, what a deranged fan I am :)

sammy01
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
there are about 15 replies in this thread that didn't believe me (and were rude to boot) that jj was more of a threat to win the oz open than venus. why do people think i just make this stuff up, i don't hate any players (well rezai pushes me close) i just look at the facts. venus has a poor record in oz and is not as relevant in the other 3 slams anymore as jj is. i would never disclaim venus as the wimbledon favourite, as the cold, hard, facts are venus is confident there and her game suits the surface.

i wish some of the posters in this thread would look at their responses to me, and realise i post my honest thoughts on things and assess each tournament fairly and unbaisedly, unlike them who seem to be clouded by what venus once achieved or an exo result.

spencercarlos
Jan 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM
there are about 15 replies in this thread that didn't believe me (and were rude to boot) that jj was more of a threat to win the oz open than venus. why do people think i just make this stuff up, i don't hate any players (well rezai pushes me close) i just look at the facts. venus has a poor record in oz and is not as relevant in the other 3 slams anymore as jj is. i would never disclaim venus as the wimbledon favourite, as the cold, hard, facts are venus is confident there and her game suits the surface.

i wish some of the posters in this thread would look at their responses to me, and realise i post my honest thoughts on things and assess each tournament fairly and unbaisedly, unlike them who seem to be clouded by what venus once achieved or an exo result.
I was expecting Venus to dissapoint but not certainly expected such as early as a second round loss. :confused:

And of course no need to mention that Venus aint gonna finish at number one never ever. :tape:

CoolDude7
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:02 AM
I am sure Venus will cry herself asleep with her 16 + grand slam career titles. 7+ in singles, and 8+ doubles! She will cry when she enters the hall of fame above players that played week in and week out to get a year in number 1. Poor Venus, Second most prize money ever, get the tissues

V&SWilliams Fan
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:06 AM
CoolDude you said it! Poor venus with 39 singles titles and all her olympic gold!, HOW will she LIVE with herself?