PDA

View Full Version : Auckland R1: [2] C. Wozniacki (DAN) def. [Q] A. Brianti (ITA) 6-1 6-0

kaktusino
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to all her fans, good work.

Aaron.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Alberta :tape:

RR-87
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
poor display from Brianti :(

Caro :yeah: :D good movement :D

Demska
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Not really good work from Caro, she played okay. Still don't see what the hype is about, such a pusher :tape:

Alberta :tape: How the heck did this girl turn pro? She is awful, please retire :tape:

young_gunner913
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Not really good work from Caro, she played okay. Still don't see what the hype is about, such a pusher :tape:

Alberta :tape: How the heck did this girl turn pro? She is awful, please retire :tape:

Maybe her parents won the lottery and they have enough money to help her with tennis. :shrug:

Meanwhile... great match Caro. :yeah:

mckyle.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Why ball bash when you can just push and let the sucky girl screw up?
Takes much less energy, energy that she'll need to win the tournament this weekend.

Dawson.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
well done Caroline :yeah: I really think she'll take this title

Callum
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:18 PM
:hearts:

AndreConrad
Good start, congratulations :yeah:

Demska
Why ball bash when you can just push and let the sucky girl screw up?
Takes much less energy, energy that she'll need to win the tournament this weekend.

Because when you start to play good tennis players (of which Brianti isn't one) she will get destroyed. Hence her record vs top 10 players.

sunsfuns
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Because when you start to play good tennis players (of which Brianti isn't one) she will get destroyed. Hence her record vs top 10 players.

How about waiting a year or two before coming up with such sweeping conclusions? :rolleyes:

P.S. She almost beat Elena last time they played...

mckyle.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:26 PM

She's still young and inexperienced. Her record is poor (3-14), but that's to be expected. Give her time to grow.

I've seen Caroline against Ana and Jelena during the slams, and she can put power on the ball when she needs to. But against these lowly girls in the first round of an event, why should she be more than a pusher? She'll do more than push this weekend.

Dawson.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM

erm... SHE'S 18. Jeeeeeeeez, give the girl some time!

and she hardly gets destroyed by top 10 players now does she? slight exageration there ;)

Ciarán
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Ownage.

Demska
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
How about waiting a year or two before coming up with such sweeping conclusions? :rolleyes:

P.S. She almost beat Elena last time they played...

:tape::tape::tape:

Viktymise
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Brianti is another hapless scrub, who flat out sux.

Borzniacki is still boring, and a pusher. Go figure.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
tonking.

Demska
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Brianti is another hapless scrub, who flat out sux.

Borzniacki is still boring, and a pusher. Go figure.

:worship:

sunsfuns
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Hard to admit it, eh? :lol::lol::lol:

Mashafaaaaan
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM

You should worry about Dementieva and not Caro, you know the girl who is already down 2-5:lol::lol::lol:

Jean-Henri
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:57 PM

Elena after the Fortis final:

"I feel like I just won a Grand Slam," Dementieva said. "I think it was the most difficult final I've ever played. Caroline was playing so well - she has such a good defensive game, but was also hitting really good drop shots and passing shots. I had to stay positive and aggressive and I'm so happy I was able to win today."

Actually both of them looked like they had just completed a 7 X Marathon after the TB.
Not my impression at all that Caro was "destroyed"

TS
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM
An expected result. Brianti is a hack and I would've been shocked if she'd won more than two games.

Demska
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Hard to admit it, eh? :lol::lol::lol:

no. she could have had 100 match points and lead 60 50 40/0, the fact is she didnt beat Elena.

Oh, Elena shows the quality of a true top player. 5-5 :dance:

EDIT: *6-5 :wavey:

EDIT EDIT 7-5 :)

danieln1
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I really want to see Caroline against Elena in the final, in my country they´re show 29 tournaments, it´s gonna be a GREAT year...

volta
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:31 AM
:eek: YES :bounce: get the title Carol :banana:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Caro :hearts: Great start!:rocker2:

Amalgamate
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Still waiting for Caro to develop some weapons. Still love her though!

kman
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:38 AM

"I feel as if I won Grand Slam tournament. I think it was the hardest final I ever had," said Dementieva. "Caroline played very well, so I needed to keep positive mindset and play aggressively. I am very happy I managed to win."

http://english.sport-express.ru/news/13_2799/

:kiss:

EDIT: Ah, someone else beat me to it. But yea, speaks for itself really. And she just turned 18. I'm sure it'll be a different story in a few years time when Caroline is no longer a teenager coming into her own.

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
YAY!!!

Great start to the season :bounce:

She WILL be a threat this year! I am sure of it!

SOA_MC
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Caro cruisin' :cool:

Petkorazzi
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Come on guyz, Brianti isn't that bad. :rolleyes: She attacks well with her forehand, her backhand slice stays very low, and she volleys pretty well. Just not her day. :rolleyes:

The Guilty
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Come on guyz, Brianti isn't that bad. :rolleyes: She attacks well with her forehand, her backhand slice stays very low, and she volleys pretty well. Just not her day. :rolleyes:

Exactly, Alberta is much better than her actual ranking, just because she played a bad match, doesn't mean that she sucks.

DragonFlame
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I really think some elenafans need to have some more respect for caroline. That girl is doing exceptionally well and i find her VERY good. :) I really see the talent, and i have a feeling she will beat elenaD this weekend. She's really good on harcourt and i think the slower australian hardcourt suits her even more. And elena never was THAT good in oceania, if not, bad for her stature.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Brianti must really suck to be destroyed by Pushniacki :tape:

Though I remember her playing RG few years ago and she was not THAT bad.

Jorn
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Brianti did win 3 matches in the qualies so she may not be bad, but today she was bad, did not hold her serve games even once. WD Caro! :)

Bitmap
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Dejligt, sådan great win Caroline;):worship:

RenaSlam.
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I predict great things from Wozniacki this year. GO on! :worship:

Sander.
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Caroline:yeah:
Good start of the year:)

kwilliams
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Impressive scoreline! Good going Wozniacki!

Sexysova
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
good job Caro.. but she's really another pusher.. I'm a fan.. also of Jankovic but I think when players like Vaidisova, Sharapova, Ivanovic etc. are on.. they will beat Caro because they will outplay her with hard shots.. Caro has not that amazing defence like Jankovic who's for me the only one who can compete against great playing ball bashers..

gmak
Jan 6th, 2009, 04:43 PM
caro :yeah: :D

darkangel23
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Caro :woohoo:

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Exactly, Alberta is much better than her actual ranking, just because she played a bad match, doesn't mean that she sucks.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I really think some elenafans need to have some more respect for caroline

Change the word SOME and put the name of Demska there. That moron is criticizing the pushers and he is fan of one (Jankovic) at the same time

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
DFeva fans calling Wozniacki a pusher... :tape:

RJWCapriati
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:yeah:

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Caro is on her way to becoming a female Murray :angel:

Although Jelena already has that.

Caro needs time to develop, at the moment she is learning to win matches :wavey: Something neither of them did.

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM
DFeva fans calling Wozniacki a pusher... :tape:

Is this some kind of comment implying that Elena is a pusher? :tape:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Caro is on her way to becoming a female Murray :angel:

Although Jelena already has that.

Caro needs time to develop, at the moment she is learning to win matches :wavey: Something neither of them did.

Jankovic is a world No.1 and slam finalist and has beaten everyone in top-10. Murray is a world No.4 and slam finalist and has beaten everyone in top-10.
Pushniacki is a nobody whose best win came against Chakvetadze during the period when Anna was losing to everyone outside top-100.

I'm far from being a fan of Jelena and Andy but even I would NEVER insult them by comparing to this Danish pusher.

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Jankovic is a world No.1 and slam finalist and has beaten everyone in top-10. Murray is a world No.4 and slam finalist and has beaten everyone in top-10.
Pushniacki is a nobody whose best win came against Chakvetadze during the period when Anna was losing to everyone outside top-100.

I'm far from being a fan of Jelena and Andy but even I would NEVER insult them by comparing to this Danish pusher.

:haha:

You didn't understand my comment AT ALL. At Caro's age neither was having the amount of success she is having now. Give it time.

I was in no way comparing their careers and games right now, that is ludicrous.

FORZA SARITA
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM

she was in top70 till 2 years and half ago so your comment is useless :wavey:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
:haha:

You didn't understand my comment AT ALL. At Caro's age neither was having the amount of success she is having now. Give it time.

I was in no way comparing their careers and games right now, that is ludicrous.

I did understand you perfectly.

You said JJ and Murray never learned how to win matches which is blatant lie. You said Pushniacki is learning how to win matches which is not true either since she fails miserably each time she plays one of big girls.

Btw Murray in his 18 could vary his pushing game much better than Pushniacki will ever learn to do -- but that's only my opinion.

Demska
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM

:worship:

sunsfuns
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I did understand you perfectly.

You said JJ and Murray never learned how to win matches which is blatant lie. You said Pushniacki is learning how to win matches which is not true either since she fails miserably each time she plays one of big girls.

Btw Murray in his 18 could vary his pushing game much better than Pushniacki will ever learn to do -- but that's only my opinion.

Stats guy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just checked - Jelena Jankovic was almost 19 (older than Caro now) when she beat a top 10 player for the first time (Dementieva at AO - not so difficult to do).

Dodoboy.
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM
She is learning to win matches at 18 which neither of them did. I think that's a pretty fair comment to make :shrug:

It's not like i said she is learning how to win Grand Slam finals or bulldoze the top 10. She is learning how to win matches. That's evident not only by her rankings but by her win/loss ration last season.

Jelena and Andy didn't learn to win matches to the extent that Caro is doing now, that's almost indisputable. We don't know what Caro WILL EVER LEARN TO DO, i am sure you don't.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
She is learning to win matches at 18 which neither of them did. I think that's a pretty fair comment to make :shrug:

It's not like i said she is learning how to win Grand Slam finals or bulldoze the top 10. She is learning how to win matches. That's evident not only by her rankings but by her win/loss ration last season.

Jelena and Andy didn't learn to win matches to the extent that Caro is doing now, that's almost indisputable. We don't know what Caro WILL EVER LEARN TO DO, i am sure you don't.

I'm not arguing she has learned how to beat less consistent scrubs -- that's why she's ranked top-15 now. If that's what you mean I agree completely.
I just believe her current one-dimensional pushing game (and there is no evidence she's going to improve it) is not enough for developing into real top-player.

Aaron.
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not arguing she has learned how to beat less consistent scrubs -- that's why she's ranked top-15 now. If that's what you mean I agree completely.
I just believe her current one-dimensional pushing game (and there is no evidence she's going to improve it) is not enough for developing into real top-player. Yeah ok so Caro sucks unless shes top 5.

basically what your saying.

terjw
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Caro :bounce:

She does seem to be someone who can dish out breadsticks and bagels to weaker players a lot and is the least likely to suffer an upset in the early rounds.

Hope she wins the tournament.