PDA

View Full Version : Caroline has polish roots

Vaidisova Ruled
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Ok
I must be the last one to know this but They just showed Caroline talking with her father (?) and He was talking to her in polish.
The fact that they speak in polish shows a lot about herself

sorry if already mentioned

raffles
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
:rolleyes:Gosh I would never have guessed.

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
What a bombshell! Of course she has, she constantly swears on the court in Polish. :lol:
Her parents were football and volleyball players and emigrated to Denmark years ago.

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I knew that when I saw someone's signature that was something like:
my dream top 10:
1.a.radwanska POL
2.u.radwanska POL
3.c.wozniacki POL(I wish)

I am so jealous that Sampras, Philippoussis, Baghdatis and now Prousis didn't play for Greece:o

Different situation w/Baghdatis and Cypriot athletes though. Most likely they would've played for Greece had the Enosis plan happened(Greece-Cyprus untiy)had Turkey not invaded:sad:.

Vaidisova Ruled
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
What a bombshell! Of course she has, she constantly swears on the court in Polish. :lol:
Her parents were football and volleyball players and emigrated to Denmark years ago.
Which words?

Wiggly
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Wow.

Broken Racquet
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Which words?

it's most probably something starting with "k" and ending with "a"
:tape:

Lighter
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Tennis players with polish roots, waouh......

Alicia Molik from Australia
Tatjana Malek, Angelique Kerber from Germany
Sarah Pitkowski from France
Alexandra Wozniak from Canada

And so many other ones.

Sally Struthers
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I think this falls into the "no shit, dumbass" category :tape:

raffles
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Surely Britain should be due to have a top Polish player in oh about 10-12 year then.

AndreConrad
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM

What a little brat :lol:

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM

It is the most common swearword in Poland. :p It would mean "bitch" if we blindly translate. If she says this word a lot, it means that she thinks in polish language, not danish. :p

I knew that when I saw someone's signature that was something like:
my dream top 10:
1.a.radwanska POL
2.u.radwanska POL
3.c.wozniacki POL(I wish)

In the past I wished but know I see it doesn't matter for me which country she represents. :)

I am myself polish of croatian origin so I know how it is. :)

Lighter
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Surely Britain should be due to have a top Polish player in oh about 10-12 year then.And it's already done for men : Greg Rusedski

And for girls Laotian roots are currently the best.

raffles
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Watching Caroline on the livestream and she speaks English very well. Good for her. I guess we can thank the Scandinavian influnece that she can speak English better than most English people.

Oh I forgot about about Greg. I try to block him out of my mind. Wasn't he a Canadian first?

miffedmax
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Well, I figure her folks had to be from Poland. Or Chicago.

olivero
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
duuuuhhhhh...

you thought Wozniacki is Danish surname?

olivero
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM

:lol:

and many Aussie players have polish roots too, just looking at those names makes me think, why the hell they had to emigrate?:sad:

sunsfuns
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM

and many Aussie players have polish roots too, just looking at those names makes me think, why the hell they had to emigrate?:sad:

There are still some left, including some half decent tennis players ;)

Ciarán
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Old :help:

Mattographer
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM

It's not their fault. Almost all players were born here in Australia :p

hablo
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Some immigrated to Canada or Australia, after WW2. I know my maternal grandparents did it because of communism.

slamchamp
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:38 PM
No Shit!

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Surely Britain should be due to have a top Polish player in oh about 10-12 year then.

Baltacha is Ukranian, which is next to Poland:lol:

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Molik, Luczak, Rogowska?

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM
There are many players like this.
Polish ones:
Molik
Wozniacki
Rogowska
Kerber
Malek
Luczak
Rusedski
Greek ones:
Prousis
Sampras
Philippoussis
the Cypriots(even Cypriots say they are Greek, like Baghdatis so :shrug:. They would play for Greece if Turkey never invaded which means the enosis would've happened).
Serbians:
Nestor
Dokic
Croatians:
Erakovic
Tomic
Bosnians:
Delic
Petkovic
Irish:
Davenport?
McEnroe
Shaugnessy?
Dellacqua
Italians:
Capriati
Dellacqua
Sirianni

Ciarán
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Pity the Irish didnt represent Ireland :sobbing:
We are in desperate need of a decent player :help:

Sarac
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Croatians:
Erakovic
Bosnians:
Petkovic

:help:

Broken Racquet
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Since her both parents are Polish, she can technically represent Poland. As far as I know, few years ago Polish Tennis Association tried to force her into it in a nasty way (this was a condition to play in a tournament), so no wonder she'd chosen to represent Denmark. After all she was born in Denmark and perhaps this is why her talent could develop.

gumoll
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:54 AM
she's not playing for Poland thanks to PZT (Polish tennis association), that what I read some years ago :(

btw Lisicki also speaks polish good :)

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'm Georgian. I speak perfectly good English and Russian. I speak to my dad in Georgian. My husband is Welsh and he speaks Welsh and English as easily as each other. Immigrants and children of immigrants usually have to speak more than one language for their family and the country they live in, but I think Mark does it so I can't understand it !

markdelaney
Jan 6th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Serbians:
Nestor
Dokic

Don't forget the "future of British men's tennis" Alex Bogdanovic !

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
and many Aussie players have polish roots too, just looking at those names makes me think, why the hell they had to emigrate?:sad:You don't need an answer, do you?

yukon145
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:40 AM
There are many players like this.
Polish ones:
Molik
Wozniacki
Rogowska
Kerber
Malek
Luczak
Rusedski
Greek ones:
Prousis
Sampras
Philippoussis
the Cypriots(even Cypriots say they are Greek, like Baghdatis so :shrug:. They would play for Greece if Turkey never invaded which means the enosis would've happened).
Serbians:
Nestor
Dokic
Croatians:
Erakovic
Tomic
Bosnians:
Delic
Petkovic
Irish:
Davenport?
McEnroe
Shaugnessy?
Dellacqua
Italians:
Capriati
Dellacqua
Sirianni

Capriati is anything but Polish.

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I didn't know Italian is equal to Polish.

olivero
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
You don't need an answer, do you?

lol, no ;)

Graf~Dokic
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I knew she had polish roots. ;) You can see that by her family name. :rolleyes:

A'DAM
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Roots :rolleyes: she IS Polish!!! Her both parents are Polish so she is Polish!!!
Pitty she plays for Denmark :(

Christinawww
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:07 AM
well she was borned and raised in Denmark, grew up in the Danish environment and with Danish tradition. She has numerous times said she is Danish

Mattographer
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Roots :rolleyes: she IS Polish!!! Her both parents are Polish so she is Polish!!!
Pitty she plays for Denmark :(
Her parents born in Poland doesn't make her a Polish when she born in Denmark :rolleyes:

Vaidisova Ruled
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
well she was borned and raised in Denmark, grew up in the Danish environment and with Danish tradition. She has numerous times said she is Danish
and she speaks in polish with her dad

thegreendestiny
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:53 AM
when i first saw her name, i immediately thought she was polish. kinda weird though because i thought it should be spelled Woszniaki in its original polish form.

SOA_MC
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:55 AM
and she speaks in polish with her dad

Does Pova speak Russian with Yuri?

A'DAM
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Not it public!

A'DAM
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:17 AM

:lol: Danish environment and tradition :lol:

If that would be the case she would not speak Polish with her Dad!!!
Polish people mostly raise their kids (outside of Poland) to think, feel and be Polish. I was also raised in Germany/Holland but my parents always made sure I dont forget where I come from and who I am...

Wojtek
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM
And it's already done for men : Greg Rusedski

And for girls Laotian roots are currently the best.

Rusedski no polish roots, his grandapa or someone from his family was from Ukraine

fouc
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
when i first saw her name, i immediately thought she was polish. kinda weird though because i thought it should be spelled Woszniaki in its original polish form.

it should be spelled Woźniacki in polish :)

olivero
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM

Polish people mostly raise their kids (outside of Poland) to think, feel and be Polish. I was also raised in Germany/Holland but my parents always made sure I dont forget where I come from and who I am...

Yeah but if she says that she feels Danish than there's nothing to arguee about. It's her decision. She doesn't denies her relations with Poland which is great.
And it's Polish Tennis Organisation to blame for Caro not playing for Poland.

fouc
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM

what exactly is so funny about danish environment and tradition?
maybe Caroline is lucky enough to have parents, who raised her to think, feel and be... free to determine her national identity. and if it's really her claim that she's danish, u shouldn't be the one to correct her.

thegreendestiny
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
wawrinka sounds kinda polish too.

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Wawrinka is rather of czech origin - like Krajicek

Bitmap
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:30 PM

:)Caroline was born and raised in denmark, and she speaks dansk like a dansker and is both polsk og dansk, just to bad she choose my counrty to play for just to let you know:kiss: and your traditions are???? German or netherlands???? Do you have any??:p:lol::lol:

sunsfuns
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
So what exactly are we arguing about here? There are plenty of people in this world (and quite a few players too) who are born in one country, but have origins in another...

adam_ads_n
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
She has, she speaks good polish, and she and Polish players are good friends on the Tour :)