Jan 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Apparently its true. :shrug:

Slutiana
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Itis Written İin Many Blogs ı Cant Belİeve It. Somebody Tell Me It It Not Real
You may kill yourself?

soul
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
So Why? I Really Dont Understand? How Can A Player A Coach Whohelped To Get Top And Grand Slam? Then From My Poit Of Wİev It Means Tha Ana Will Switch To Nike At The End Of 2009 When The Deal Finishes With Adidas. Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

soul
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You may kill yourself?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN NOW? A VERY NONSENSE COMMENT.

I HAVE SAD IT SO THA SVEN IS THE COACH WHO CAN REALLY HELP ANA?

U HAVE VERY STRANGE WAY OF LOOKING TO THE SUBJECTS; RIDICILOUS:mad:

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
i thought she was dating verdasco...or the australian golfer guy she was on the beach with.

Nikkiri
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
i thought she was dating verdasco...or the australian golfer guy she was on the beach with.

Sven = her coach. ;)

Ciarán
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
:unsure:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
let's see how this affects her results.

maybe they were having personal problems / or disputes over personal matters (like how much she should be dating (omg maybe she wants to date radek and he's like no)), which is why she was having those poor results for a while.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
This is big news. Is Sven Groeneveld still coaching for Adidas? If so that means he is available to all players that use Adidas. Now Sven if is still with Adidas, and I'm not sure of that fact, this means one of two things. Either Ana herself is no longer with Adidas herself and thus is no longer entitled to his services or they must have had some kind of dispute which resulted in Ana no longer wishing to work with Sven. It might not have been a dispute, perhaps Ana simply felt she wasn't getting from him what she needed. I suppose more information will come in over time but this is quite a surprise. Personally I have always thought Groeneveld one of the quality coaches of the tour but who knows what went on between them. :shrug:

améliemomo
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I heard or read that caroline wozniacki will work with sven from this year.
Dont know if there is any connection about this:shrug:

A'DAM
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I guess she will finally get a FULL TIME COACH!!!

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Maybe she thinks she is heaven's gift to tennis a la Steffi Graf so she deserves better and many more grand slams? :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Maybe she thinks she is heaven's gift to tennis a la Steffi Graf so she deserves better and many more grand slams? :shrug:

Maybe she will get someone who can actually coach her in every match now that on court coaching has been stablished.

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I guess she will finally get a FULL TIME COACH!!!

Hopefully! She needs one.

The Daviator
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Maybe she just wants a new coach.

lilimi
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
So Why? I Really Dont Understand? How Can A Player A Coach Whohelped To Get Top And Grand Slam? Then From My Poit Of Wİev It Means Tha Ana Will Switch To Nike At The End Of 2009 When The Deal Finishes With Adidas. Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

that's what i'm afraid of too :unsure:
concerning the coaching situation, sven wasn't really ana's coach. he is paid by adidas to help all adidas players.
maybe ana wants a real full time coach she will pay.and that decsion has no relation with her leaving adidas (:sad:) or not.

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I heard or read that caroline wozniacki will work with sven from this year.
Dont know if there is any connection about this:shrug:

I've also read that Wozniacki's father was going to finish the arrengements in Sidney and that Sven would be working mainly with her from now on.. I suppose the same way he did with Ana. He is still head of the Adidas development program.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:36 PM
that's what i'm afraid of too :unsure:
concerning the coaching situation, sven wasn't really ana's coach. he is paid by adidas to help all adidas players.
maybe ana wants a real full time coach she will pay.and that decsion has no relation with her leaving adidas (:sad:) or not.

why? I thought Nike was considered more "prestigious" than adidas.

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:39 PM
This is big news. Is Sven Groeneveld still coaching for Adidas? If so that means he is available to all players that use Adidas. Now Sven if is still with Adidas, and I'm not sure of that fact, this means one of two things. Either Ana herself is no longer with Adidas herself and thus is no longer entitled to his services or they must have had some kind of dispute which resulted in Ana no longer wishing to work with Sven. It might not have been a dispute, perhaps Ana simply felt she wasn't getting from him what she needed. I suppose more information will come in over time but this is quite a surprise. Personally I have always thought Groeneveld one of the quality coaches of the tour but who knows what went on between them. :shrug:

Sven is still head of the Adidas development program. There were talks that Ana would be leaving Adidas for big money at the end of her contract, which expires on December 31st of 2009. She is still with adidas this year, so she can still request Sven's coaching. I guess she will not work with him as close as before. I also think more information will come.. but I guess it might come down to the fact the she was slumping bad for the second half of the year, and wanted a change. Maybe she felt he had given her all the advice he could. It's only speculation though. I wonder who could coach her, since Ana has stated that she does not like the full time coaching relationship.

SOA_MC
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM

You channeled Kworb with that one:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
With Ana and Sven parting ways.. I wonder who Corswandt will blame for the fact that Ana wins matches. :lol:

lilimi
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:51 PM
why? I thought Nike was considered more "prestigious" than adidas.

no way. nike has more money but adidas is more class.

SOA_MC
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
With Ana and Sven parting ways.. I wonder who Corswandt will blame for the fact that Ana wins matches. :lol:

I can see him taking the Sammy01 route, blame all matches Ana wins on the opponent sucking

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Sven is still head of the Adidas development program. There were talks that Ana would be leaving Adidas for big money at the end of her contract, which expires on December 31st of 2009. She is still with adidas this year, so she can still request Sven's coaching. I guess she will not work with him as close as before. I also think more information will come.. but I guess it might come down to the fact the she was slumping bad for the second half of the year, and wanted a change. Maybe she felt he had given her all the advice he could. It's only speculation though. I wonder who could coach her, since Ana has stated that she does not like the full time coaching relationship.

Thanks for that. Interesting.

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
My speculation is that something started to not work off the court. I'm guessing that when things didn't work for Ana last summer/fall and the effort Sven was putting wasn't paying off, Ana might've said a few words too many. Apparently already in Zurich Sven spent some time with Caro, so Ana could've not liked it either, but that's Sven's job coaching other Adidas players.
She split with David Taylor the same way, in similar circumstances. Their cooperation looked fine at the beginning (Ana won Montreal), but then struggled to get decent results and could've blamed it on him. Now, there was no evidence that they had an argument, but there were rumours about it.
Quite a coincidence that a similar split with Sven happens exactly 2 years later, and these are just my speculations anyway. Hope there was no bad blood between them in the end.

ms. double fault
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM
honestly i think this is a good decision. yes, she achieved much while working with sven, and he's certainly a good coach, but ana is a top class player now and having a coach who is not allowed to sit in her box and be supporting her, even it's a GS final (!!), when she plays another adidas player is just a great messand very unprofessional!!

gaviotabr
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
My speculation is that something started to not work off the court. I'm guessing that when things didn't work for Ana last summer/fall and the effort Sven was putting wasn't paying off, Ana might've said a few words too many. Apparently already in Zurich Sven spent some time with Caro, so Ana could've not liked it either, but that's Sven's job coaching other Adidas players.
She split with David Taylor the same way, in similar circumstances. Their cooperation looked fine at the beginning (Ana won Montreal), but then struggled to get decent results and could've blamed it on him. Now, there was no evidence that they had an argument, but there were rumours about it.
Quite a coincidence that a similar split with Sven happens exactly 2 years later, and these are just my speculations anyway. Hope there was no bad blood between them in the end.

I don't know about that. Sven writes a column for a dutch website and he mentioned coaching Ana in the December column.

http://www.tennisdirect.nl/cm/subrequest/?id=177&p=189&e=7bb4&

Also.. in a november interview he also said that he handpicked Melle Van Gemerden to work with Ana while he couldn't be around. I don't think there is any bad blood. Maybe they just thought it was time to part ways, so both could grow. Sven has quite a challenge with a talented young player in Wozniacki, and Ana can get some new energy maybe working with someone else.

Kworb
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
There is bad blood between them. They had a huge fight when Sven wanted to work on her backhand and she wanted to practice her shoe squeaking.

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
There is bad blood between them. They had a huge fight when Sven wanted to work on her backhand and she wanted to practice her shoe squeaking.
I like when I see Elena and Vera Dementieva fans how talking about other players and coaches about player-coach problems :p

Cp6uja
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Rumors that things is changed between this two I already hear before YEC-Doha... now i see it's actually even more serious and official (actually he was never been her full-time coach :p), but they probably will never broke all connections even if she split with Adidas next year. BTW Ana is still in very good relationship with at least two her former coaches - Dejan Vranjes and Zoltan Kuharski. All Ana former coaches is very good known in WTA tennis, and Sven is really high level profile... but no doubt that when she choose next coach it will be also from same high level.

When i watching today Dokic - Mauresmo match i just thinking that former Jelena Dokic coach Heinz Gunthardt will be currently best solution after this split with Sven. He is of course more known like Steffi Graf coach, and perhaps nobody better dont know how to explore powerful forehand in WTA than Heinz. "Swiss Connection" (where is Ana residence and her management based) is also reason why i thinking about this Swiss coach. But i'm not sure will he be ready to travel with Ana everywhere like real full-time coach, and also he is great tennis expert, but not best motivator on tour - he helps for example Safina to learn almost everything about tennis, except one important thing - how to win match :devil:

In Ana case I will not be surprised if she choose some known ATP coach wich never before works with WTA players, because Ana always more prefer "friendly" coach-player connection which is often in ATP, than WTA dominating "professor-student" relationship. Sven was very friendly, close and familiar with Ana so will be very hard to find again somebody like him which personality so suits to Ana.

Next option is that Ana will play simple without coach. That was her plans after 2007 AO, but Adidas insist on some expert support and supervision for theirs future "It Girl" and because her connections with Sven since start was successful he become some kind of Ana unofficial full-time coach. I dont think that will be best solution... she is still very young and still have to learn many things, and also coaching (on court) is now legal in WTA thanks to new rules. But at end for me Ana is unique case where maybe fitness coach (Scott Byrnes) is even more important and I will be more worried if she split with this Australian guy which obviously find formula how to motivate Ivanovic to works very seriously on her fitness wich improvement is probably crucial for her breakthrough in 2007.

Brena
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
maybe he just felt insulted because Ana will obviously date any guy she comes across but not him. :shrug:

Costanza
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
maybe he just felt insulted because Ana will obviously date any guy she comes across but not him. :shrug:

BTW,Privalova,where is Jankovic's"thank god he's not catholic"Mladjan,boyfriend,these days?

Brena
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
BTW,Privalova,where is Jankovic's"thank god he's not catholic"Mladjan,boyfriend,these days?

No idea, but if he had a misfortune of running into Ana, he's probably trying to fight off her advances. :shrug:
She had a kinda slow start, but now she's just :drive: absolute respect! :worship:

The Daviator
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
No idea, but if he had a misfortune of running into Ana, he's probably trying to fight off her advances. :shrug:
She had a kinda slow start, but now she's just :drive: absolute respect! :worship:

Given the choice of Ana and who he's with currently, I doubt he'd be doing much fighting ;)

Costanza
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Given the choice of Ana and who he's with currently, I doubt he'd be doing much fighting ;)

:haha:

tennisbear7
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM

OMG :haha:

Brena
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM

ah, come on, that's far too easy. :o

Fidello
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
BTW,Privalova,where is Jankovic's "thank god he's not catholic" Mladjan,boyfriend,these days?:eek: where did that come from? She said that?