PDA

View Full Version : Auckland R1: WWW? Ayumi Morita (JPN/83) vs. Marta Domachowska (POL/63)

Adrian.
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ayumi Morita has won now her last 18 matches:eek:
But most of them were against players ranked outside TOP 200 on low ranked ITF's.:shrug:

Marta had a bad season ending with several loses in first rounds.:rolleyes:
But she won against Ayumi Morita one year ago in the final Qualifying Round of the AO (63 64):bounce:

Who will win?:devil:

Marta of cource:p:angel::rocker2:

A'DAM
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Marta, thats her time of the year

Marcelo.
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Marta 6-3 6-3 ;)

King Of Tennis
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I really hope Morita....

Domachowska :o :o :o

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Ayumi Morita should win. Notice how well the qualifiers/lucky losers did in Brisbane. 4 out of 5 won their 1st match in the main draw. Winning in qualifying is such a great way to gain form early in the season. Marta will be going into this match cold against a girl who has won 18 matches in a row and won all three of her qualifying matching from behind in the third set. Just imagine the confidence that girl must be feeling right now. All things being equal I would fancy Marta to beat Ayumi on a hardcourt at this time but right now all things are not equal.....Ayumi is coming into thing match having played herself into great form and Marta is coming into it cold. I strongly expect Ayumi to win this match.

nelsondan
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Am I the only one who wonders how much weight Marta has lost since last spring--evident in her photoshoot--and whether it will be good or bad for her chances of winning tennis matches?

Adrian.
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Is there a live stream for the other courts too?:unsure:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Am I the only one who wonders how much weight Marta has lost since last spring--evident in her photoshoot--and whether it will be good or bad for her chances of winning tennis matches?

Now that you mention it she did look thinner in those photoshoot pictures. I have to say lookswise the loss of weight didn't do her any harm. I don't think she ever looked more beautiful than in those pictures. How or if it will affect her game either for the better or for the worse, only time will tell.