PDA

View Full Version : Should Jelena play Sydney or Hobart?

ninanina19
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM
A higher chance of getting a lot of lower level matches or a chance at getting fewer high level matches. Imo, I think she should play Sydney.

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I am not sure will they offer her a MDWC at all :shrug: Any news on that ?

Babolatpro880
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Hobart. I don't want another close loss to a good player. I want to see Jelena WIN.

ninanina19
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I am not sure will they offer her a MDWC at all :shrug: Any news on that ?

In Hobart, she will most likely play qualifying. It would be good imo for her to play qualifying and get some matches in. And also ahem work on her serve.

GeeTee
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Hobart MD W/Card. She could easily make QF or better, get some handy ranking points and re-learn how to finish off opponents she can beat. And lots of serving practise...

GeeTee
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:54 AM
She's playing better than Dellacqua at moment. Dellacqua looked fat and out of match practise in Hopman Cup today. Both Hobart or Sydney organisers are sure to offer Jelena a m/d w/c. Today's game showed she's possibly the 2nd best form of any Australian woman right now.

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:57 AM
i think the best for her would be to play Hobart MD.

Daniel K
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Yeah Hobart. Winning a match would do wonders for her confidence, which is what she needs, and her chances of getting a win are much much higher there.

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:03 AM
the brisbane site said dokic is doing quallies in Medibank, hope she gets through.

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Most definatly Hobart. She needds to ease her way back into WTA competition and get plenty of matches.

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:52 AM
the brisbane site said dokic is doing quallies in Medibank, hope she gets through.

They're just taking Jelena's word for reference though. If Hobart were to offer her a MD WC, I'm sure she'd take it.

I just really hope that if she plays Sydney she's given a kind enough draw to win a round.

Harvs
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
hobart i hope:)

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
sydney qualies = so i can see her = she seems able to match her tennis to the ability of her opponent and i think with today's form and another few days of good serve practice she could qualify and maybe even win a couple of rounds at sydney.

of course she could make a semi final at hobart which would be great but i just think she is thriving off playing with, against and being around the best players atm.

IceHock
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
i say stick with sydney, playing against mauresmo showed she can compete with the big girls and besides she could get some good matches in qualifying alone against decent players because the draw is so tough, she should keep this form up and not drop a level, because she can compete with the big girls, i was astonished at how well she was hitting the ball. i know ranking points would come by easier in hobart but playing in sydney will help her quarterfinal run in melbourne :P

MilanDokic
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Jelena will play Sydney qualifying (Q/WC)!

Her mother is there! ;)

matty
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Jelena will play Sydney qualifying (Q/WC)!

Her mother is there! ;)

Thanks for the news.