PDA

View Full Version : **** you, Channel 7!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Channel 7 just stopped the Dokic match for a repeat Deal or No Deal :weirdo:

louisa.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I know! :fiery:
It's ridiculous! What's with all the TV stations switching out of sports into game shows and ACA? First channel nine, now 7... GAHHHHHHHHHHH! :help:

smit101
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:38 AM
So Annoying!!!!!!! I was sure they would go through to the news or atleast until the end of the second set...they could have started deal or no deal now :fiery:

Daniel K
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:38 AM
fucking ridiculous!

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:39 AM
ANNOYING dokic just lost 7-6 7-6 im soo angry, STUPID channel 7 :(

louisa.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Ah fcuk, she lost?! :sad:
Channel 7 :tape:
The nights matches aren't going to be shown either are they?

iGOAT
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:41 AM
ANNOYING dokic just lost 7-6 7-6 im soo angry, STUPID channel 7 :(
It's all their faults :armed::ras:

Leo_DFP
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:42 AM
They stayed on online at least. But yeah, that's totally lame. Even ESPN in the US *usually* sticks with matches until their live conclusion.

Rising Sun
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:43 AM
:help:

They're still showing it on the west coast.

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:46 AM
They stayed on online at least. But yeah, that's totally lame. Even ESPN in the US *usually* sticks with matches until their live conclusion.

She lost because we couldnt cheer for her.
stupid channel 7 has to replay some old game show that no one watches, rather than show an aussie playing.
stupid channel 7.
at least stosur won, i wouldve rather dokic did though :sad:

exposbabe
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:46 AM
There are certain parts of the day that are designated for the local affiliates, which is when they sell their ad time. This true in North America, at least. So that was probably what happened.
Really out of the control of the broadcasters. Happens all the time here; for example, with the rain-delayed U.S. Open final on Monday. Lots of local affiliates didn't even show Federer - Murray, if you can believe that. It was on a case-by-case basis.
But it's written in stone in contracts.

ESPN is a sports network that shows the same programming in every city; completely different situation. But even then, if they have a "better" live programming offer than tennis (in their eyes), like golf (rolleyes), they'll sign off at the designated time.

Davodus
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:53 AM
i got it all :confused:
daylight savings works in my favour for the first time in history

Nikkiri
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:57 AM
If it had of been Hewitt playing they would have kept showing it as long as they needed. Channel 7 :o

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:00 AM
i got it all :confused:
daylight savings works in my favour for the first time in history

are you in QLD?

Davodus
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:06 AM
are you in QLD?

yes
so thats why
but its typical channel 7 behaviour
we get all night matches of the aus open 1 hour delayed

GeeTee
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:08 AM
At least we saw most of the day live, unlike the fucking mostly always delayed (but pretend live) Olympics. Australian TV stations used to be so good with live programming and now they're geting like the US.

Oh yes - and FUCK YOU Channel 7.

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:10 AM
yes
so thats why
but its typical channel 7 behaviour
we get all night matches of the aus open 1 hour delayed

Lucky, i didnt catch the end.
how did she take the loss?
she played amazing though.

Davodus
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Lucky, i didnt catch the end.
how did she take the loss?
she played amazing though.

she was ok
obviously a bit dejected, and considering she missed a short ball by 2m on match point
but she played great so i think she is ok

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:30 AM
she was ok
obviously a bit dejected, and considering she missed a short ball by 2m on match point
but she played great so i think she is ok

She did play great, she hopefully learnt allot and before the AO she can work on her serve, her 2nd serve was allot better 5-3 down when she decided "may aswell go for it".
I'm happy with how she played.

SOA_MC
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:32 AM
At least we saw most of the day live, unlike the fucking mostly always delayed (but pretend live) Olympics. Australian TV stations used to be so good with live programming and now they're geting like the US.

Oh yes - and FUCK YOU Channel 7.

They've been doing the pretend live thing at the Australian Open for years:o

Keadz
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Email complaints to channel 7...

C'mon Deal or no Deal?

Plus it was a repeat, that is just fucking ridiculous.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
:haha: ch 7.

ABC finished their coverage of mixed doubles yesterday even when it was a dead rubber and it went over time yesterday! :lol:

SM
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:25 AM
oh well it didn't end up worth watching, her game was the stronger of the two today but hey she hasnt played a good player since 2003 so she wasnt used to it..

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
HAd it been Hewitt they would have stayed with the match untill it ended :o:fiery:

Mashabator
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Yes, An extremely good performance seeing its the first real high level match in years....
can't wait to see her in Aussie Open :)

Harvs
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
omg i was so fkn mad....

Lindsayfan32
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:37 AM
The sunshines out of Hewitt's arse and that no one else matters. They would've done the same thing if it were Casey playing. They have to show some show for the non tennis liking public. It pissed me off too. I turned over to the Hopman cup and they do the same thing but at least it was for the news,

Dani12
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
On a side note, did the guy win the $200,000 or not?

:lol:

aussie_fan
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
No surprise, they usually do this with the warm-up tournament. Even such matches when Guccione beat Ferrero (big win at the time) a few years ago, seven were showing some game show at the time. Frustating I know but they are many more dumb Australians watching Deal or No Deal over the Brisbane International. Blame the stupid public whow atches crap like Deal or No Deal :o