PDA

View Full Version : Auckland 1R: Jill Craybas def. Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-4 6-3

ArturoAce.
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:39 AM
:banana: GO JILL! :banana:

Kimiko :hug:

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Jill had problems closing out both sets but overall a nice preformance. Nice job Jill!

Rising Sun
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Too many UEs from Kimiko. Very disappointing since it wasn't like she was getting overpowered by Jill. :(

Congrats Jill, keep going :)

frenchie
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:47 AM
At least it was competitive!

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Oh those errors were painful. Will Kimiko play doubles, and if so, with whom? What will her next tournament be? She will still need a WC to get into most any of them, right?

Rising Sun
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Oh those errors were painful. Will Kimiko play doubles, and if so, with whom? What will her next tournament be? She will still need a WC to get into most any of them, right?
She entered doubles with Rika Fujiwara, but the cutoffs were too high :sad:

Next tourney is AO qualies.

tennisbear7
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Good showing, KD. Get more match fit and you might be challenging these top 100 players. :eek:

Well done Jill. :banana:

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:52 AM

Oh, thank you. So a week plus a few days, to work on her groundstrokes. That might just be enough! :p

fouc
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:54 AM
50k qualis match

Dave.
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Good competitive match. Kimiko shouldn't be discouraged because she had chances to make it even closer. She fought well and was no pushover on the baseline, especially with that inside-in forehand. :hearts:

Jill is in great shape too!

martin white
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM
dissapointing from kimiko just beat herself with errors,her serve let her down too:sad:,i can't wait to see her play in ao qualies:)keep going kimiko:)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Kimiko :(

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Good competitive match. Kimiko shouldn't be discouraged because she had chances to make it even closer. She fought well and was no pushover on the baseline, especially with that inside-in forehand. :hearts:

Jill is in great shape too!

Yeah. Kimiko shouldn't get down losing this. Jill is quite a pro and this was always going to be a tough ask for Kimiko. I think she did alright making this a competitive match.

Hopefully Kimiko can qualify for the Australian. She certainly won't face anyone as tough as Craybas in the Australian Open qualies.

*Jool*
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:35 PM
:hug: Good luck in AO qualies , Kimiko ! :D

BartoliBabes
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:38 PM
happy 4 jill :)

joćo.
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Jguerrica
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
:worship:Giant-Killer Jill prevails!! Good Luck this season Kimiko. I hope you qualify for the AO!

Good luck in the 2nd round against your old doubles partner Wozniaki....from an old vet, to a young-up & comer! You can do it! Already the 30 points you earned here is better than 2008! Top 50 for Craybas???

Navratil
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM
What does Kimiko expect from her comeback? I mean, she's been as high as # 4 in the world. Is it satisfying to win a $10.000 event and break into the Top200?

What do you think is her goal for 2009? Will she play a full schedule?

She's almost 40! But people in generell these days are much fitter in their 30ties. Guess that's part of the dempgraphic trend. Just look at Navratilova!

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
What does Kimiko expect from her comeback? I mean, she's been as high as # 4 in the world. Is it satisfying to win a $10.000 event and break into the Top200?

She's almost 40! But people in generell these days are much fitter in their 30ties. Guess that's part of the dempgraphic trend. Just look at Navratilova!

I very much doubt that Kimiko plans on planing a full season. Infact, I'd just say it ain't going to happen.

So what would be her goals for the year? I'd say her only goal seems to be to have fun. Having said that, making the top 100 would certainly be fun. And beating players in the main draws of WTA events would be a hoot too. Also, qualifying for and winning matches in the main draws of Grand Slam events well.....I think we would all find that extremely fun, wouldn't we. So, yeah, I think Kimiko just wants to have fun. :yeah:

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:05 PM

I think for 2009 -

- Playing tournaments that she can qualify for in Australia/NZ, and Asia. As last year she played only in Japan, this is a bigger step.

- More ITF events in Japan, for ranking points.

- And maybe - if we are lucky - Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and US Open qualies.

It will be interesting to watch the current players age, and see who retires, who keeps it up long past what was once considered "retirement age", and who else will retire then surprise us with a comeback.

patricio
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Awful errors by Kimiko, plus she was clearly overpowered in my opinion, she was having a hard time resisting the rally speed of Craybas.

Sander.
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Good old Jill:hug::D

croat123
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I think she showed that if she can get more match tough and cut down the ues that she can be a top100 player again. nice fight kimiko :)

Lennval
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Go on playing tennis Kimiko! :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
JILLY :yeah:

Nice try Kimiko.:) I really hope she trys to play more wta tourneys so she can get use to playing the tougher top 100 caliber players again. Everyone knows she has the talent to compete at this level. I think she needs more match play with players at this level to fully re-find her groove and confidence to fully compete at the wta level again. We saw glimpses of 90s Kimiko yesterday ;):bounce:

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
This was really Date-Krumm's best shot at beating a good player.

Jill is a good matchup for Date-Krumm but ironically it's Craybas' experience that helped her get this win.

hdfb
Jan 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM

I totally forgot she'd be playing qualies at the AO. I am so there!!!!!

ewbangkok
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM
will jill team up with tammy?

young_gunner913
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
JILL GIANT KILLAH! :worship::hearts:

Kimiko :awww::hug:

ce
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
:sad:

$uricate
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
This must be one of the oldest matches ever played in WTA.

Kimiko :hug:

Lulu.
Jan 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Jilly. :yeah:

cn ireland
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I have to say i'm a bit disappointed with this scoreline from Kimiko, I thought she'd win this match:sad:.

Still the fact that she's playing competitively at 38 has to be admired:)!