PDA

View Full Version : BOMBSHELL Retirement for 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Due to the new WTA roadmap, Bye will be taking on a much more limited schedule at smaller events.

She's very sorry to all her friends, and she hopes that she hasn't disappointed her fans for never making the second round of a tournament, or ever making it to a GS Main Draw.

:sad::sad:

SvetaKuzzy
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I always loved BYE. Shame her and Brie never got a chance to play. Thanks for the news, but I don't know if I can sleep now! I always used to love seeing her name on every draw. Did you know that she was the only player to make it into 2 or even 3 draws in one week! You've got to make exceptions for the almighty BYE though. Hope she doesn't retire altogether though, coz some players won't stand a chance of getting into the second round!

sebbe
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Who the hell is Bye?

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Stupid Larry Scott, he forced her out you know!!!

He said that she was just a filler girl that was never a real threat. It must be so tiring playing one, two, three even ten times a day in one draw and around the globe!!

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Who the hell is Bye?

OMFG. Bye the GOAT???! And you don't know?!?!?? Shame.

Hayato
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
OMG NOOOOO :sobbing:
I don't believe this!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
:yawn:

Dominic
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hey guys, who do you think would win if they were both at their peak between Brie Whitehead and Bye?

SvetaKuzzy
i blame larcher de brito. everything was fine before she turned up, now BYE has been forced out of so many of her favourite events, and i have had to have the speakers on my tv changed three times!

terjw
I think Larry Scott rigged the draws and needs fired. The Bye sisters always used to get a terrible draw. I dunno which one was the best / worst. They never played each other.

Kworb
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
No!! :sobbing: She was one of my favorite players. I didn't think she'd retire. Especially not after that song Mariah wrote about her.

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM
No!! :sobbing: She was one of my favorite players. I didn't think she'd retire. Especially not after that song Mariah wrote about her.

"Bye Bye" Bye. I'll miss you.

:yawn:

Have a sense of humor.

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
deserves a thread :bigclap:

not.

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Good! I hate bye! Bye always lets players win easily :lol:.

Ferg
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
:sad:

She was truly one of my favourites.... She shall be missed by all who love the game.

hellas719
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, who do you think would win if they were both at their peak between Brie Whitehead and Bye?

Bye 60 60:lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Good riddance. I truly hate Bye. When Bye plays far more deserving players miss out.

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Good riddance. I truly hate Bye. When Bye plays far more deserving players miss out.

Soo meaaaan!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

égalité
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Bye bye, Bye. :sad:

Maybe she can be a commentator someday. :speakles:

Kart
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
:lol:

Particularly at some of the responses in here.

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I think Larry Scott rigged the draws and needs fired. The Bye sisters always used to get a terrible draw. I dunno which one was the best / worst. They never played each other.

Richard Williams wishes he had the Bye sisters luck. Then they would never fight!

égalité
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Here's a youtube tribute to the great Bye :sad:

8JoJqID-wJY

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Here's a youtube tribute to the great Bye :sad:

Here's an alternative. Both appropriate.
rJ5aNRpxRCo

Sexysova
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:48 PM
:haha:

terjw
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Some comments on the Bye sisters retirement:

Serena:
"I coached them a bit. But I when I told them to do it like me - I didn't mean withdraw before every match".
Ana:
"I used to be so exciting to play the Bye sisters".
Jelena:
"They've had a difficult time. I remember when I was like that in 2006. I lost every match. I was ready to retire... Then I phoned my mum Sneki .................................................. ............................................
.................................................. .................................................. ...
...........And now I'm the best player in the world so they should keep believing in themselves.........."
Kim:
"I definitely think they could be top 3"
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:57 PM
NO I was hoping to see her in Eastbourne again this year :sobbing:

I guess she has other things she wants to do in her life, best of luck to her

Cakeisgood
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM

Serena:
"I coached them a bit. But I when I told them to do it like me - I didn't mean withdraw before every match".
Ana:
"It used to be so exciting to play the Bye sisters".
Jelena:
"They've had a difficult time. I remember when I was like that in 2006. I lost every match. I was ready to retire... Then I phoned my mum Sneki .................................................. ............................................
.................................................. .................................................. ...
...........And now I'm the best player in the world so they should keep believing in themselves.........."
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

:lol::lol::lol::hearts::hearts::hearts::haha::haha ::haha::haha:

Kworb
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

:spit: :sobbing:

lee station
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
bye was a busy player, definitely

Lindsayfan32
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Bye never lost before the second round either. :):lol:

Steffica Greles
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:21 PM
It's a shame she was never able to live up to her potential.

Particularly in today's game, I felt she had a greater chance of winning major events than at any time in her 150 year career.

lee station
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:26 PM
she was good, bye

Cakeisgood
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Only three pages? Does tennis's oldest player mean nothing to anyone??!!??!

Bye...the undeclared GOAT. Can she (they) have a player's forum? Please?

canuckfan
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:29 AM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

:lol::lol::lol:

Little story about the Bye sisters. Each time I went to the Rogers Cup, there was always at least one dumb girl sitting near me asking her boyfriend: "Gosh, have you seen how many players are named Bye? Are they sisters?"...

RenaSlam.
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Kick the shit out of everyone but Venus and Serena, BYE! :)

plantman
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:38 AM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

:bowdown:

iGOAT
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:37 AM
:awww::sad:I was hoping she could play Brie! That would be a thriller :hearts:

Shafanovic.
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:09 AM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

OMG!!! So funny! :spit:

Such good english

fouc
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:23 AM
sorry to disappoint you but Brie Whitehead's H2H against Bye is 1-0 :)

and btw, i won't believe that Bye never made it to the 2nd round. There must have been some late withdrawals of top seeded players after the MD was out. It would be very interesting to see who she really defeat during her impressive career.

iGOAT
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:55 AM
sorry to disappoint you but Brie Whitehead's H2H against Bye is 1-0 :)

and btw, i won't believe that Bye never made it to the 2nd round. There must have been some late withdrawals of top seeded players after the MD was out. It would be very interesting to see who she really defeat during her impressive career.
I saw that match, a thriller :hearts:

Cakeisgood
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I saw that match, a thriller :hearts:

Too many errors from Bye. Couldn't capitalize on the double faults of Brie. :mad::mad:

AnomyBC
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:25 AM
You know, I actually really respect the Bye sisters. They never seem get very far in any of these tournaments, but they never give up. They just keep entering whatever tournaments they can get into. They're always willing to give it another try. And yeah, their lack of success isn't entirely their fault either---they seem to always draw the toughest players. That must really suck.

iGOAT
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Too many errors from Bye. Couldn't capitalize on the double faults of Brie. :mad::mad:
Yes. Bye had the game but choked :rolleyes: Lousy bye :o

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I remember when Bye defeated Brie Whitehead 6-0, 6-0

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Bye sisters are always crowd favurite, everyone talks about them from the start until the end of the event.:)
Anyway, their dad could be very proud with their achievements even he's not here anymore.:sad: :hug:

Maria Croft
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:37 AM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"

:worship: :rolls:

Valanga
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Er...who is bye?

Just Do It
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Brie actually once defeated Bye ;)

dreamgoddess099
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Wow, are you serious? Bye was the most formidable player on tour, I mean just think about all the players that were too intimidated to even take the court against her.

G&R
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:12 AM
omg I read the first page and i couldn't stop laughing :haha: :lol:
however i'll miss bye too

MaBaker
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Such a good athlete and great human being :sad:

rockstar
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:52 AM
the bye sisters :(
they had such terrible luck, at many tournies they had to meet the top 4 seeds

A'DAM
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I hoped that she will have a chance to show up in at least few Tournaments!!!!!!!!

sonnys
Jan 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Who the hell is Bye?

:lol:Yes???

Valanga
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Damn...I finally get who BYE is :sad:

youizahoe
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Bye never won a match :sobbing: stupid wta :rolls:

laurie
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Wish I got a chance to see Bye play...Oh well.

Hashim.
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM

Serena:
Ana:
Jelena:
Kim:
Larry Scott:
"They won't be missed"
:haha:

nouf
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM
after australian open tati will do a press conference @ french federation
for the moment its a gossip more news soon
with tati its always complicated

southpaw58
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:48 PM
hahahahahaha y'all are CRAZY! lol

RR-87
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
noooooo :awww: :sad: what a sad day for tennis :bigcry:

youizahoe
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
And btw the bye's aren't gone. Players that have played consecutive semis will get a bye in the third tourney :)

Something that lary scott stated.

canuckfan
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
People says Jankovic plays too much, but it's still nothing compared to Bye, the true tennis-ironwoman :worship:

Cakeisgood
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
And btw the bye's aren't gone. Players that have played consecutive semis will get a bye in the third tourney :)

Something that lary scott stated.

Really?????? Bye makes a comeback?!?!? I would be soooooo happy!

Slutati
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sure she'll come back one day. She's way too talented to end her career like this. :sad:

hellas719
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Some of the Bye sisters are playing in an ITF junior tournament this week:
http://www2.tennis.se/tavling/international/jvas09/draw3.html
:banana:

youizahoe
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Really?????? Bye makes a comeback?!?!? I would be soooooo happy!

yes but very limited max 4 per big tourney. but could be wrong :sobbing:

Cakeisgood
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Some of the Bye sisters are playing in an ITF junior tournament this week:
http://www2.tennis.se/tavling/international/jvas09/draw3.html
:banana:

OMFG the Bye sisters drew all the seeds AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Such bad luck!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Europe rocks
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Bye :sad: She was an inspiration to so many players, I hope she sticks around for a bit longer, plus all of her gorgeous sisters

Dav.
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I will never forget theday I first saw Bye step onto a tennis court. It changed my outlook on tennis forever and to her I am eternally grateful for changing my perspective of life and its beauty. Her talent shall never be forgotten and her legacy will live on as long as furry yellow balls are being abused by people of all ages. Let's all have a moment of silence for this great champion.

Shafanovic.
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Mummy Bye and Daddy Bye must've been busy ayee. :eek:

iGOAT
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
OMFG the Bye sisters drew all the seeds AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Such bad luck!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
:awww::sad: FIGHT! :SHOUT:

iGOAT
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:19 AM
after australian open tati will do a press conference @ french federation
for the moment its a gossip more news soon
with tati its always complicated
If Tati played Bye it would be sooooo exciting. It might even be one of her last matches/wins! :)

Cakeisgood
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I remember when Maria and Bye played, I was so heartbroken. My two faves locked in an epic battle. :sad:

Ciarán
Jan 6th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Who will Brie bt. now? :sobbing:

Cakeisgood
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:43 AM
The first premier event's draw has been released and Bye definitely will not be participating.

Larry Scott said this in a recent interview:

"Although Bye has been a mainstay on the tour for the past years, we feel that her arduous schedule is something the WTA should attempt to reduce dramatically in order to maintain her health."

Larry hates her (them). :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: