PDA

View Full Version : Davenport not in the rankings anymore!

frenchie
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Is this the end this time:sad:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/singles_numeric.asp

RenaSlam.
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
She retired.

Miss Amor
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
huh? I can see her at the 35th place

Miss Amor
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Nvm not anymore

Noctis
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
she probaly want a protective ranking for future :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM
huh? I can see her at the 35th place

Me too.

Miss Amor
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Me too.

Try refreshing the ranking page.

The Daviator
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
She's surely not gonna come back, I don't know why she didn't just announce her retirement, maybe she'll come back and play some doubles.

Christinawww
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
in the rankings of Jan 5th, she is taken off, yes.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Sounds like Lindsay might be announcing her retirement finally. I hope this is the case as She has nothing left to prove and I don't want her fade out. I will miss her though but she has a great career ahead of her as a commentator if she wants it.

RJWCapriati
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Not good :sad:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Try refreshing the ranking page.

I tried that and she was still there. But then I closed the page and reopened it and then refreshed again and now Davenport is truely gone. :eek:

IceHock
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:57 PM
:sad:

danieln1
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Now it´s the end... i´m sad

ChampLindsay
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:46 PM
hmmm, sounds like the real end :sad::sad:

Roookie
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Yay!. Sania Mirza is no. 100.

Jean-Henri
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:05 AM
From wiki:
Davenport was on the entry list for the 2009 Australian Open but, following the announcement that she is expecting her second child, Davenport will not compete at the event.

charmedRic
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:42 AM
best of luck to Lindz!

bad_angel_109
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Nooo!!! Lindsay. I too, think she won't be coming back for singles (perhaps for a couple of tourneys before retiring?), she might come back for doubles, but I dunno. im thinking that once she gives birth to her 2nd child she'll hang up the tennis racquets for good. :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 5th, 2009, 02:57 AM
wow...do we expect the report tomorrow?

Miss Amor
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Yay!. Sania Mirza is no. 100.

:weirdo:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Nooo!!! Lindsay. I too, think she won't be coming back for singles (perhaps for a couple of tourneys before retiring?), she might come back for doubles, but I dunno. im thinking that once she gives birth to her 2nd child she'll hang up the tennis racquets for good. :sad:

I hate to burst your bubble if Lindsay been removed from the ranking at her own request then a retirement announcement generally follows. But it could've been an oversight too who know until something official is said. But if Lindsay does announce her retirement now the timing couldn't be better as it will get very little press. Just the way she'd like it.

Dave.
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Not good. That was my last strand of hope. :sad:

Craig.
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:19 AM
:bigcry:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 5th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Not good. That was my last strand of hope. :sad:

You're right Dave it's not good but unfortunately Lindsay can't play forever and if Lindsay announces her retirement in next few days it will be done in typical Lindsay style with little fanfare and no fuss just sounds like a fitting way for Lindsay to go out and don't forget she can change her mind and make another comeback or she has a great career as commentator if she wants it. I don't think this will last we will hear from her just last we will hear from her as a pro tennis player. I will miss Lindsay once she's gone. :sad::)

LindsayRulz
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I can't say I didn't expect that, feels like she was already retired for me when she anounced she was expecting her second child. :sad:

AnomyBC
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Well on the plus, as someone already mentioned, this means Mirza is back in the Top 100! :)

iGOAT
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:13 AM
:sad: but I do hope she actually retires if she's not gonna play.

ChrisCologne
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM
The fact she is to retire can be seen from the gesture that all former top players asked for being removed when retiring. I think the WTA asked her when changing the ranking calculation if she is to come back. If so, she would have got all her points off in the weeks not to play and re-enter when ready.

When being off the rankings, no way she is to come back - or come back at least for the next 18 months. I do not see Lindsay Davenport to come back with 2 kids travelling. No way is she to do that.

The only thing I can personally think of would be her personal favorite events via wildcard. But that would be grass courts and US hardcourts for a farewell in 2010. And I do not see that coming.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Bye Lindsay!:sobbing: :sad:

mn73
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Let's stay positive and think that she saw no point having points on the rankings that no longer mattered to her, since her baby is probably not due until late this year and she would have no points on the rankings by then anyway. WTA probably said 'do you want to stay on the rankings' and she thought, no point. When I come back I'll start afresh. I hope!

Ciarán
Jan 6th, 2009, 12:22 AM
OMG :tape:

Dawson.
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM
The worse thing about this is that Marion Bartoli was the last woman to beat her... on home soil. That is quite simply disgusting. I think for the sake of all humanity, that match should be wiped from any record.