PDA

View Full Version : Australian season

Pages : [1] 2

TeamUla
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
As we know, Agnieszka starts her season in Sydney. We still don't know how about her sister (maybe quallies of Hobart or directly in Melbourne). Here we'll talk about their results before and in Australian Open.

http://www.livingedgerental.com.au/images/AO-Grand-Slam-Asia-Pacific8_000.jpg

justine schnyder
Jan 7th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Dawajjj :rocker2:

justine schnyder
Jan 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Main Draw:
Serena - Stosur
Dellacqua - Errani
Bartoli - Q/LL
Cibulkova - Wozniacki

Dementieva - Makarova
Azarenka - Gajdosova
Hantuchova - Q/LL
Radwanska - Bammer

Kuzzy - Peng
Kanepi - Q/LL
Sugiyama - Q/LL
Medina Garrigues - Zvoanreva

Petrova - Cornet
Kleybanova - Kirilenko
Starr - Q/LL
Safina - Cirstea

Aga got a very tough section of the draw... But match by match and the first one is Bammer.. Bammer had an awful 2008 and who knows in what shape she's now.. Just hope Aga knows what to do.. Good lcuk :D

TeamUla
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Ula def. Francesca Schiavone in Hobart.:worship: 6:3 7:6(4). Great, there will be some rumours from Agnieszka haters in Poland that her sister could beat Francesca but she couldn't do it at olympic games.:tape:

Her next opponent is Stephanie Dubois from Canada.

When will the quallies to AO start?

Agnieszka also plays doubles in Sydney. She paired up Maria Kirilenko. Their opponents - Medina and Ruano. I'd love they defeated them. Good

justine schnyder
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I don't really know, but I remember all the GS qualies so far has began in Tuesday or Wednesday :)

olivero
Jan 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Good draw for Aga. She could go far here.
Although I have to say I don't have big expectations with Sydney, she never seems to do well in her first tournament.

Pszczelny
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
yes, good draw for QF/SF, enough to prepare to AO :)

Pszczelny
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Ula def. Francesca Schiavone in Hobart.:worship: 6:3 7:6(4). Great, there will be some rumours from Agnieszka haters in Poland that her sister could beat Francesca but she couldn't do it at olympic games.:tape:

No normal people think about it that way, that was not Schiavone's fault, Aga could have lost to anyone in Beijing. She just paid there big price for Istanbul+Paris+Eastbourne+Wimbledon combo. :awww:

Aga has haters in Poland? yeah, right :lol:

TeamUla
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
@Pszczelny - Freaks are everywhere.:rolleyes:

Pszczelny
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
@Pszczelny - Freaks are everywhere.:rolleyes:

and no need to pay attention to them :angel:

spriwi
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
i agree with pszczelny, so count me in to the freaks' team :angel:

Agata.
Jan 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
yes, good draw for QF/SF, enough to prepare to AO :)

Nothing more to add :)

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Haters from where? Onet? :lol: Don't even tell me that you pay attention to this sandplace... :tape:

The draw in Sydney looks fine for me. Is anyone going to stay/wake up for tonight's match?

TeamUla
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I luv reading those comments on onet.pl and gazeta.pl - especially "tenisista" ones on sport.pl. I have so much fan reading them.:lol: I don't take them seriously.:p

Dexter
Jan 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Waste of time and nerves.
Anyway, is there going to be a livestream tonight? :shrug:

Endru.
Jan 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Is anyone going to stay/wake up for tonight's match?

I'm going to spend this late evening with Radwanska sis :hearts:

Hope there is any live stream tonight

netimka
Jan 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
so who is on? Ula is on the scoreboard now... Dawaj :rocker2:

olivero
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:47 PM
she lost 1st set 2-6 :(
was down 0-4 then had 2 BPs for 3-4...

damn

Pszczelny
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Aga def. Bammer 6-4 6-3

Pszczelny
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Can't say anything about the game, but from scoreboard it looked like Aga was just training and in crucial moments she sped up and finished easily. At least that's how I imagine this match. ;)

Agata.
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Aga :yeah:

Although winning on 2nd serve: 3/14 (21%) :/
At least 1st serve percentage - 73% :)

But I shouldn't really rely on statistics as it was Aga's first match of the season. Too bad there was no livestream.

Dexter
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Can't say anything about the game, but from scoreboard it looked like Aga was just training and in crucial moments she sped up and finished easily. At least that's how I imagine this match. ;)It's exactly how I feel about it. Aga always looked in control of the preceedings.
Good start to the year beating top30 player in str8 sets. :yeah:

olivero
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Good begining for both of the sisters :) They're looking good for AO :)

adner
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I guess if nothing really bad/not expected happens, we might already say Agnieszka is No.9 again after Australian Open as Sharapova will lose her 2000 points. Not to say I don't like that, but I would rather Sharapova to actually recover and play in Australian Open.

Iceland
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Indeed that's a pretty solid start for Aga! Bammer and Hantuchova are typically the kind of opponents she could face in a 3rd round in the Australian Open. It's good for her confidence that she has beaten one already in the season!

adner
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Indeed that's a pretty solid start for Aga! Bammer and Hantuchova are typically the kind of opponents she could face in a 3rd round in the Australian Open. It's good for her confidence that she has beaten one already in the season!

Lets just hope she doesn't get Venus in her part of draw, that would be horrible and dramatic. Chances of beating Zvonareva are higher and I would be happy to get Ivanovic or Kuznetsova(especially). Well, then Dementieva in quarter would mean an enormous strike of luck :worship: but the time will tell... soon! :bounce:

AndreConrad
Jan 11th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I am very happy with Agnieszka's win, too bad there was not feed and nobody can tell how the games went. I am hoping that Agnieszka made improvements in her game.... It was great start nevertheless :yeah:

justine schnyder
Jan 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Nice start for Aga :yeah:
Bammer is a good player, although no one can say if it's her 2007 or 2008 performance, however, nice win in straights, keep going Aga! :)

Malva
Jan 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Great news at waking up.

Agata.
Jan 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Omg, I've just read that there was a livestream of this match on justin.tv :sad: Anybody has watched it?

Dexter
Jan 11th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Lets just hope she doesn't get Venus in her part of draw, that would be horrible and dramatic. Chances of beating Zvonareva are higher and I would be happy to get Ivanovic or Kuznetsova(especially). Well, then Dementieva in quarter would mean an enormous strike of luck :worship: but the time will tell... soon! :bounce:This is my only wish for Aga's draw in Melbourne. Please no Venus in her quarter... and if I can have a 2nd one, please no Serena either. I'm fine with anybody else. About time gets a piss easy Slam draw. POR FAVOR!

Omg, I've just read that there was a livestream of this match on justin.tv :sad: Anybody has watched it?I totally forgot about justin.tv :o I browsed through all possibly betting websites, channelsurfing, atdhe etc, but to no avial. :(

justine schnyder
Jan 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I don't want the sisters there either.. Aga didn't have much of success against Serena, and Venus is in scary form..Plus, Aga seems to have plenty of respect towards them

netimka
Jan 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Good day for sis... Congrats :kiss: dont mind any results for Ula tonight... AO quali are so close and hopefully she can play there well and reach MD... Aga hope you will have another 2 sets win...

olivero
Jan 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I agree with you guys, no Williams sisters in her quarter, pleeeaaasee :unsure:

hydrofor
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Aga must learn how to beat them, and be the real warrior.

Dexter
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Yes, but it's better to play them later and in case of losing having a consolation of good rankings points. :p

Endru.
Jan 11th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Guys, do you know any live stream to Hobart? I want so much to see Ula play tonight!!

TTomek
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
dunno....
try justin.tv :shrug:

papru
Jan 12th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Agnieszka takes the first set 6-3 after trailing from 1-3 down :yeah:

papru
Jan 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM
ufff Aga won 63 75 :D
little unsure at the end but still well done :yeah:

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Aga got her revenge over Danka for Melbourne. 63 75. Should've been easier, Aga had *5-4 in the 2nd... but OTOH she was trailing 1-3 (and Danka had a BP for *4-1) in the 1st. Well done! :yeah:

AndreConrad
Jan 13th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Congrats Agnieszka :yeah:

Malva
Jan 13th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Good, professional approach by Agnieszka. I like it.

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Those who haven't please participate in the election for the new name of Polish forum. HERE (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=366558).

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Great victory in doubles with Kirilenko over Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual 62 75. :yeah:

Pszczelny
Jan 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM
another straight sets win over top 30, well done :yeah:

nothing to lose against Lena, Aga already achieved what should in this warm-up event :angel:

Pszczelny
Jan 13th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Great victory in doubles with Kirilenko over Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual 62 75. :yeah:

:yeah:

too bad she (together with Ula) didn't beat them in that 3 hours long marathon in RG R1, Spaniards won the title, Aga got tired... ;)

olivero
Jan 13th, 2009, 07:53 AM
good job Aga :)
It would be nice to see her winning against Dementieva too.

Agata.
Jan 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Good win for Aga, I wish I could have seen this match.

Also :yeah: that she and Makiri defeated the 2# seeds in doubles

justine schnyder
Jan 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Well done Aga! :D for both singles and doubles ;)

Good luck against Dementieva.. You can do it, but even if not, Aga has done her minimum stage ;)

Matt.
Jan 14th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Interview after her match against Daniela:

Q. How did you feel you played today?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: I feel very good for sure. It was much better today than in the first day against Bammer. The match was of course much better and I felt very good.
Actually it was hot. Maybe in the beginning of the match it was a little bit tough, but then it was very good.

Q. What have you been doing in the off-season? How prepared do you feel at this stage before the Australian Open?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Normally I'm always practicing at home in Poland, so all the time indoors. It's my first tournament outside, and in Poland it was -15 and -20, so it's big different for me.
I'm very happy that I have two good matches that I won, yeah.

Q. How big of an adjustment is it to go from that to this where it could be 40 degrees tomorrow?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Yeah, I know. I'm used to it. I never practiced in the States and in the academies, you know, in Spain or whatever. I feel the best at home, so I'm always practicing there. Even if a I don't have a hard court in my city, I practice on carpet. It's okay. I feel good there.

Q. What goals have you set for 2009 after a great year?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: For sure I just want to be on top, top player, just to be around top 15, top 10. For me, just to be there all the time.

Q. What you do you think about the chances of your sister in today's match?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: I don't know. For sure, you know, she has very tough matches before. Four matches are a lot, actually. And also for her it's first tournament outside. So for sure it's big success that she pass the quallies and first round. I don't know even the score. I don't even who she is playing.

Q. Now she's playing.
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Okay. They just saw me on TV and now she's playing (laughter.)

Q. Did you like the new rule where you can call the coach on the court?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: No. Actually, I'm not. You know, for me tennis is like individual support. So maybe except the Federation Cup with the coaches. But for sure, for me it should be just the players on the court and that's it.

Q. Daniela did today. Does it disrupt your game at all?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: No. If she does it just once. But for sure she's playing also just alone. The coach was just because she lost the first set.

Q. Do you and your sister practice together daily?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Yeah, actually we were practicing 15 years already. Together, of course.

Q. Have you played each other in an international tournament?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: We played a lot in the juniors. You know, actually sometimes every week even, you know, in the finals, semifinals. But on the tour, no.

Q. Right.
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: But, you know, it's strange. Even if I was playing with her a match it's not the same feeling. We playing just like a practice. You cannot feel the same nervous like against someone else.

Q. After the Australian Open will you play Dubai, Paris?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Yeah. Paris, Dubai by and Montreal.

From: ASAP Sports (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=53752)

And a tidbit from the WTA website (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=2880):

Elena Dementieva: "She's probably one of the best upcoming players on the Tour, and last time we played, in the final of Istanbul I lost to her, so it's an interesting match for me."

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:35 AM
http://www.justin.tv/housentennis
Livestream!!!

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Aga won the 2nd set 7-5. She was 0-2*, 2-3*,3-4* down! Goo girl!

Pszczelny
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:59 AM
they're still playing :eek:

maybe she should tank 3rd set or there will be problems at AO :unsure:

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:10 AM
If she were to play like she's right now, she should've lost the 2nd set. :o

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Aga breaks back for *3-5 saving 1 MP. :lol: Too bad she won't hold now.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Aga holds for 4-5* saving one more MP. :spit: Surely it's over now though.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Aga loses 26 75 46.

Pszczelny
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I wish she lost much easier :lol:

Good luck in AO :)

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:46 AM
She's playing doubles still...

Stats have Aga making 30 UEs. She can't win matches when she's making more than 15-20 in 3 sets (technically she can but has to rely on the opponent making 60-70, Lena made 50+ today).

Iceland
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:13 AM
For such a bad match, the scoreline looks pretty decent :shrug:. She will have time to improve in Melbourne, she needs to adapt to the conditions first.
She showed big fighting spirit in this one, too bad she lost!

Malva
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Honestly, I am not at all surprised Agnieszka lost. Agnieszka had every reason to feel sluggish. I was expecting that upon her arrival to Australia she would require well over a week to adapt herself to the the Summer in Southern Hemisphere. Her uncharacteristically big number of unforced errors is an indication that something like that was happening today. And, honestly, I couldn't see her being terribly motivated by the fact that beating Elena would be awarded with facing roaring Serena next. One thing she impressed me was that despite Dementieva being clearly in form, being really fast on the court, and having had an additional week in subtropical climate, yet she still had to battle Agnieszka for so long until nearly a bitter end.

olivero
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I agree with you. As I said before, I didn't expect much from Sydney. QF is perfectly enough :)
Australian Open is much more important, hope she'll find her top game there.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Aga lost in doubles 46 46. Off to Melbourne! :drive:

Agata.
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I have a question, did someone watch the 1st set and the first half of the 2nd set? Because someone in GM has written that during that time the match was a really entertaining. Maybe they've just run out of energy at the end and earlier the match wasn't that bad :shrug:?

Anyway, I agree with all of you, I'm not really suprised with this defeat, as Aga never had a good start of the season, so such a close 2nd and 3rd set against a Top5 player is not very bad. She still need to practice on the hard courts and adjust to the Australian conditions.

netimka
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Yeah. Paris, Dubai by and Montreal.:confused:

Endru.
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Despite Aga played bad, that set she won was the first Elena's lost this year.
Such a achievement! :lol:

TTomek
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I have a question, did someone watch the 1st set and the first half of the 2nd set? Because someone in GM has written that during that time the match was a really entertaining. Maybe they've just run out of energy at the end and earlier the match wasn't that bad :shrug:?

Anyway, I agree with all of you, I'm not really suprised with this defeat, as Aga never had a good start of the season, so such a close 2nd and 3rd set against a Top5 player is not very bad. She still need to practice on the hard courts and adjust to the Australian conditions.
first set stats Lena 21/14, Aga 6/7 in winners/UE

Lena played really well and Aga was too passive, in the second set Aga played a bit better and Lenas level really dropped, there were many UE and again Aga played toooooo passive.

and at the beggining of the match it was already 35 Celcius :/

TTomek
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: Yeah. Paris, Dubai by and Montreal.:confused:
maybe Monterrey? but that would be strange if she woukd go there :lol:

Irute
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I think it was a good practice run... off to Melbourne :yeah:

meb
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I hope to see only good matches by Aga at AO.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:16 PM
maybe Monterrey? but that would be strange if she woukd go there :lol:Well Monterrey is on hard and not that far from IW (relatively), so why not. But I'd rather she resteed before big mandatories.

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Quick search and indeed Aga has committed to Monterrey... She's on the homepage of the tournament's website - http://www.abiertodetenismonterrey.com/

TTomek
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
oh Monterrey is on hard, thats good...

she wanted to play Pattaya but I think Monterrey is a better decision in that case :)

justine schnyder
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Not a bad loss today.. Dementieva is in great form and Aga made it to three tough sets.. Eevn if the match wasn't the best..
Now, AO!! :) Come on Aga!

Pszczelny
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Honestly, I am not at all surprised Agnieszka lost. Agnieszka had every reason to feel sluggish. I was expecting that upon her arrival to Australia she would require well over a week to adapt herself to the the Summer in Southern Hemisphere. Her uncharacteristically big number of unforced errors is an indication that something like that was happening today. And, honestly, I couldn't see her being terribly motivated by the fact that beating Elena would be awarded with facing roaring Serena next. One thing she impressed me was that despite Dementieva being clearly in form, being really fast on the court, and having had an additional week in subtropical climate, yet she still had to battle Agnieszka for so long until nearly a bitter end.

You've got the point here. I also didn't expect her to play well in Sydney. Time zone, weather, courts, long time without matches - all those things could and should influence negatively Aga's game. So if we look at scores (straight sets wins against 2 top 30 players and very close match against Dementiewa, one of the best players on tour in this moment) we should be very optimistic. And I don't know if anyone agree with me on this, but I think she looks better now than at the same time one year ago.

TTomek
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Australian Open 2009

Zheng Jie CHN/22 vs. Camille Pin FRA
Sorana Cirstea ROU vs. Melinda Czink HUN
Ekaterina Bychkova RUS vs Lourdes Dominguez Lino ESP
Kateryna Bondarenko UKR vs Agnieszka Radwańska POL/9

possible Sveta in R4 and Serena in QF :o

justine schnyder
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Shit :(
But you better be worried about Jheng too, last time Aga played her wasn't a good memory..
Dawaj Aga!

jomamoto
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:07 PM
But you better be worried about Jheng too, last time Aga played her wasn't a good memory..
Dawaj Aga!
I'd rather take care of Camille's rising star

adner
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Dawaj Aga!

We should be happy she didn't get Venus in her 4th round. Zheng is beatable, so I rather Zheng in 3rd than Venus in 4th.

TTomek
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM
if Ula qualifies

vs. Dechy
vs. Sugiyama
vs. Pironkova
vs. Niculescu
vs. Mayr
vs. Kanpei
vs. Petkovic
vs. Wickmayer
vs. Amanmuradova
vs. Cibulkova
vs. Groenefeld
vs. Llagostera Vives

but firs please qualify :p

papru
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I dont like that draw at all :( :( :(

Broken Racquet
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:18 PM
This draw is :banghead:
Seems like a repeat of Wimbledon and AO... Kuza has a chance to revenge for all the 2008...

But let's try to find some positives in this:
-first of all you really can't judge by player name if the draw is tough or easy. There is a chance her opponent are in a slump (Serena for example, but with her you never know)
-even if the opponents are tough, it's even better. After all if Aga wants to be a top player, she should be able to play with toughest players. Even if she loses, she is still young and more chances are yet to come
-and last but not least: hopefully we will still have Urszula somewhere, and a good news, she won't play with Agnieszka in early rounds!

well, I am just trying to be positive :awww:

Endru.
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Guys, I don't understand you at all, that's a pretty awesome darw for Aga! :D

both 1st and 2nd round nothing to worry, than Jie and perfect occasion to take a revenge for their last meeting, and Zheng didn't show anything last week in Hobart. 4th round is Kuzzy, the best choice from all of the 1-8 seeds. If Aga will paly at least her 80% I see in QF :yeah:

Endru.
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
if Ula qualifies

vs. Dechy
vs. Sugiyama
vs. Pironkova
vs. Niculescu
vs. Mayr
vs. Kanpei
vs. Petkovic
vs. Wickmayer
vs. Amanmuradova
vs. Cibulkova
vs. Groenefeld
vs. Llagostera Vives

half of them are fine:
vs. Niculescu
vs. Mayr
vs. Petkovic
vs. Wickmayer
vs. Amanmuradova
vs. Llagostera Vives

and half not:
vs. Dechy
vs. Sugiyama
vs. Pironkova
vs. Kanpei
vs. Cibulkova
vs. Groenefeld

Broken Racquet
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I just realized that Kuzzy may withdraw, according to rumors. In this case some lucky loser will take her spot. And there are a couple of good players in the quallies...

SOA_MC
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I just realized that Kuzzy may withdraw, according to rumors. In this case some lucky loser will take her spot. And there are a couple of good players in the quallies...

No if Kuzzy withdraws before any match in round 1 starts all the seeds behind Kuzzy move up one spot and the LL goes in the place of the last player to move up to a seed

If Kuzzy does withdraw Aga will move up to the 8th seed :p

In Aga's quarter if Kuzzy does withdraw the other seeds that would change

Petrova would replace Aga
Tanasugarn would replace Alona Bondarenko
Szavay would replace Jie
Schnyder would replace Azarenka
Medina Garrigues would replace Mauresmo
Kleybanova would replace Schiavone

Dexter
Jan 16th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I think it's a decent draw as well. Of course Serena in the QF is hardly a perfect choice, but at least Aga didn't draw Venus for the 4th round.

Pszczelny
Jan 16th, 2009, 05:17 AM
that's Wimbledon :lol:

cool draw, everything now depends on Aga... and luck :angel:

justine schnyder
Jan 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
We should be happy she didn't get Venus in her 4th round. Zheng is beatable, so I rather Zheng in 3rd than Venus in 4th.
Agree ;)
if Ula qualifies

vs. Dechy
vs. Sugiyama
vs. Pironkova
vs. Niculescu
vs. Mayr
vs. Kanpei
vs. Petkovic
vs. Wickmayer
vs. Amanmuradova
vs. Cibulkova
vs. Groenefeld
vs. Llagostera Vives

Most of those spots aren't bad at all. No seeds, there are few very good players, but no big guns. But first, Ula has to qualify ;)

No if Kuzzy withdraws before any match in round 1 starts all the seeds behind Kuzzy move up one spot and the LL goes in the place of the last player to move up to a seed

If Kuzzy does withdraw Aga will move up to the 8th seed :p

In Aga's quarter if Kuzzy does withdraw the other seeds that would change

Petrova would replace Aga
Tanasugarn would replace Alona Bondarenko
Szavay would replace Jie
Schnyder would replace Azarenka
Medina Garrigues would replace Mauresmo
Kleybanova would replace Schiavone

Wohhaaa I hope Kuzzy won't withdraw, what a mess it'll create

olivero
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
you have got to be kidding me :lol: Kuzzy again?!
If they meet Sveta will be so hungry for revenge lol

I'm afraid of Jie Zheng, she can be very hard to beat for Aga (hope I'm wrong though).

Anyway, good luck Aga. Do some damage!

P.S. If Ula gets Nuria L.V. she could face Fran in the 2nd round :lol:

Agata.
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
It's not that bad draw I think... of course it could've been easier, but also much tougher.

Which half starts as the first one?

Malva
Jan 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
This draw is :banghead:
Seems like a repeat of Wimbledon and AO... Kuza has a chance to revenge for all the 2008...

Kuznetsova is not a vengeful kind of person. Agnieszka has a chance to beat her for the fourth time.

Dawaj Aga!

That was in Beijing, and despite all the hoopla about how great Zhneg Jie was, nearly nothing materialized after Wimbledon. Agnieszka's scalp may be her best post Wimbledon achievement.

Cinek
Jan 16th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Kuzzy again :D
I hope Aga will win with Bondarenko > somebody > Jie > Kuzzy > Azarenka > Dementieva and finał :D

spriwi
Jan 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
official WTA site video review of sydney tourney: according to them elena defeated agnieszka 6-3 7-5 :o

netimka
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
sisters in doubles...

Samantha Stosur AUS (5)/Rennae Stubbs AUS (5) v Jarmila Gajdosova AUS/Kaia Kanepi EST
Jill Craybas USA/Tamarine Tanasugarn THA v Agnieszka Radwanska POL/Urszula Radwanska POL
Petra Kvitova CZE/Magdalena Rybarikova SVK v Ayumi Morita JPN /Martina Muller GER
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS/Nadia Petrova RUS v Serena Williams USA (10)/Venus Williams USA (10)

Dexter
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
More than winnable first round in doubles and then we'll see. :)official WTA site video review of sydney tourney: according to them elena defeated agnieszka 6-3 7-5 :oI noticed it too. They should get it together!

VOTE! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=367282) in the final poll to elect new name for the Polish subforum, please.

SOA_MC
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
What happen to not playing doubles in slams after the French Open debacle :(

Matt.
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I found some match coverage of the Dementieva QF match from Sydney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RKxkFV0QE4

Dexter
Jan 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
What happen to not playing doubles in slams after the French Open debacle :(Well back then they were fighting to get to the Olympics (especially for Ulka). Now I'm fine with Aga playing in doubles here and there... as long as she doesn't play doubles in every tournament she enters.

Pszczelny
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
sisters in doubles...

Samantha Stosur AUS (5)/Rennae Stubbs AUS (5) v Jarmila Gajdosova AUS/Kaia Kanepi EST
Jill Craybas USA/Tamarine Tanasugarn THA v Agnieszka Radwanska POL/Urszula Radwanska POL
Petra Kvitova CZE/Magdalena Rybarikova SVK v Ayumi Morita JPN /Martina Muller GER
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS/Nadia Petrova RUS v Serena Williams USA (10)/Venus Williams USA (10)

:woohoo:

Cinek
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
3rd with Williams ;]

justine schnyder
Jan 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the link Matt!

adner
Jan 18th, 2009, 06:51 PM
3rd with Williams ;]

They should draw Williams Sisters in every first round of doubles tournament so they will learn not to enter :mad:

Aryman3
Jan 19th, 2009, 01:32 AM
why? Sisters are our best double pair by far

justine schnyder
Jan 19th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Aga will play tonight on Show Court 2, 1st match (start 1:00am local time) against K ateryna Bondarenko. Dawaj Agaaaa!!

Malva
Jan 19th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Aga will play tonight on Show Court 2, 1st match (start 1:00am local time) against K ateryna Bondarenko. Dawaj Agaaaa!!

Whose «local» time? 1:00am is one hour past Midnight.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
She starts first so it's 1am CET... 11am in Australia.

justine schnyder
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Oops I meant 11:00am..

SOA_MC
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
why? Sisters are our best double pair by far

Because it hinders Aga's chances in singles play

Aga's not a power hitter, on average for every point she has to work more, which will have more effect on her conditioning as the tournament goes along

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM
The match will start tonight at 7:00 EST, when ESPN2 beings broadcasting in the USA. However, Murray and Dementieva are playing on the Rod Laver and Hisense Arenas, so the chances of catching it on TV over here are slim. Hopefully a live stream will be available online.

SOA_MC
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
You watch ESPN 360 in America right?

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
You watch ESPN 360 in America right?

It is available in general, but my ISP does not provide the service (as of the last time I checked). I'll check again now and see if anything has changed.

TTomek
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:46 PM
you should change your avatar Matt :p

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM
you should change your avatar Matt :p

I know, I'll probably make a new one today as I procrastinate studying for midterms.

SOA_MC
Jan 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Acheron I was going to ask Poiree to make me that avatar :ras:

TTomek
Jan 19th, 2009, 04:31 PM
:devil: :hug:

good luck Aga today!!!!!

Cinek
Jan 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-2511.html -> Livestreaming of match: Bondarenko vs Agnieszka Radwanska

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-2511.html -> Livestreaming of match: Bondarenko vs Agnieszka Radwanska

Thank you so much Cinek.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
thanks for the stream!

i m doing such an irresponsible thing now waiting for aga's match now: tomorrow (or maybe: today) at noon i have the most difficult exam of all my studies: statistical methods; hope aga wins fast and i won't have too many problems falling asleep afterwards ;)

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
thanks for the stream!

i m doing such an irresponsible thing now waiting for aga's match now: tomorrow (or maybe: today) at noon i have the most difficult exam of all my studies: statistical methods; hope aga wins fast and i won't have too many problems falling asleep afterwards ;)

I'm in the same situation as you. I have European History tomorrow and (the dreaded) Chemistry on Wednesday. Hopefully though, I'll be able to study during the breaks of play in the match. Best of luck!

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:09 PM
good luck to you Matt then!

and good luck to Aga :)

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The girls got a good chair umpire in Kader Nouni. It's about 27 C there at the moment, humidity at 33%. Agnieszka has a strong (and loud) support group in the crowd. Bondarenko serves first.

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:12 PM
And she starts with 4 errors...

spriwi
losing the first game withing 30 seconds does not bode well ;) :p

spriwi
losing the first game within 30 seconds does not bode well ;) :p

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:13 PM
She got really lucky there... tried a drop shot, KB should've had the point, but KB's drive hit the net, and AR hit it down the line for a winner.

Next point is a DF...

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
aga is clearly underestimating k. so far

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Yup, she looked a bit shocked in that first game. She seems to be coping alright though. 1-1.

First "real" winner for Aga on a forehand DTL return of serve.

1-1, 40-40 // bad drop shot by Aga.

She seems to be hitting short (and low). Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Nice point ending with FH winner brings it back to deuce.

Bad shot selection on the 2nd (3rd?) deuce. A drop shot would've been perfect, but the first two failed attempts might have altered her decision.

Nice BH inside-out return of serve for Ad-in.

Two winners DTL by KB for Ad-out.

Aga has Ad-in again with a nice dipping passing shot.

On the following point, Aga doesn't put away her backhand drive volley and is passed. Then an UE, now it's Ad-out. Another backhand in the net, and it's KB's game.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM
long long game...
bondarenko hit some nice winners down the line there

another bp aga

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Aga *1-2... wasted 3 BPs already. :(
Huge Polish contingent down there. :lol:

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
aga wasted 3 bp there, game bondarenko

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM
1-2 Game

Another BH UFE and a failed drop shot gives KB 30-0. Another error (BH long) gives KB 3 break points. A fourth error yields a 1-3 score.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:30 PM
aga in 'i m sleepy and i dont care' mode :scared:

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:31 PM
1-3 Game

15-15 // Very aggressive tennis wins her the point.

30-30 // Another aggressive forehand wins her the point. KB isn't doing much on the run. The Polish fans are getting excited.

40-30 // Aga runs down a KB drop shot to win the point with a FH winner DTL.

Pszczelny
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Aga has already something about 10 UEs

but it will be no match when Aga raises her level of play, just a matter of time :angel:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM
BBP chance. Polska, Polska, Polska! :banana:

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Aga breaks back for *2-3. It's quite windy out there.

hellas719
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Wow. Radwanska has all of the support. There is a big group of Polish fans screaming "Polska! Polska!". I hope she wins.

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM
2-3 Game

0-0 // Phenomenal defense ending with a BH DTL winner.

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM
What the court is doing to the balls:

http://i39.tinypic.com/k9jdpg.jpg

hellas719
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
aga held!

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
3-3 Game

0-0 // Slice approach by Aga and failed lob by KB.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Katya serving very well... goes 4-3* up.

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Relatively easy game (due to KB's errors) for Aga to tie it at 4 all.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Love game for Aga... 4 all. Terrible wind! :o

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Another good game by Katya to go 5-4* up.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:46 PM
4-5 :unsure:

now she needs to hold here... she doesn't need to make such a mess of this match, bondarenko ain't playing anything special.

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:46 PM
KB holds for 5-4. Aga is looking flat.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1tx7rm.jpg

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:48 PM
It's 4-5, 0-30 right now. This is looking dismal. Aga really needs to step up her approach shots.

Triple set point now for KB.

A good serve saves the first...

A very close BH miss by KB (that would've been a winner) saves the second...

A second great serve very similar to the first (out wide on the Ad court) saves the third...

Another serve out wide gives Aga game point.

Deuce on an error by Aga, Ad-in on an error by KB.

INCREDIBLE point at net for the game. Isia held her ground infallibly.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:48 PM
0-40

my worst fears have been realised :(

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:49 PM
inches from a set lost phew!

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Superb defence at the net by Aga to level it at 5 all. Triple SP saved! :bowdown:
Allez!

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM
what a way to win the point :D

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:53 PM
A good lob from KB goes over Aga's head. Again, her approach shots need improvement. Game point for KB.

And the backhand unforced error gives KB the game.

Dexter
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:54 PM
6-5* for Katya... :(

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM
another must hold game. come on aga :yeah:

Pszczelny
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM
don't know why but I wasn't afraid of losing set at 0-40 :lol:

and that point for 5-5 :crazy: :rolls:

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM
same old story 0-30

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Aga really reached for that backhand. (As I type this, she makes another BH UFE.) I wonder if the wind is causing her to have this many problems.

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:58 PM
lovely anticipation but then fu**ed it up with her own approach shot. 2sps

Matt.
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I'll say it again... she can't keep approaching up the middle with mid-paced shots.

Her serving is really getting her out of trouble on these important points.

And she serve and volleys her way out of another set point (with yet another excellent serve out wide to the ad court). :lol:

spriwi
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
:rolls: @ that smash thing

:haha:

perfect serve & volley afterwards :drool:

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM
TB time! 2 more SP saved by Aga! :eek:
DAWAJ!!!

spriwi
tiebreak here we go ! :)

spriwi
return dropshot... no shit :D

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:02 AM
:rolls: @ that smash thing

Yes, that smash was quite pathetic.

Nice drop shot return (+ lob) for the first point of the tiebreak.

Aggressive tennis by KB to even it up. Aga got a horrible call though, that serve was clearly an ace.

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:02 AM
again :lol:

drop shot + lob :drool:

spriwi
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:03 AM
bondarenko retrives well... 1-2

spriwi
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:04 AM
2 fh ues... 1-4 getting bad

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Aga *1-5 down in the TB... :smash:

Matt.
I've mentioned this months ago (many, actually) and it's happened multiple times today. She has trouble getting up to short balls when she's camped behind the baseline. She usually reverts to a slice forehand and gives up any lead she has within the point.

And no love for the net cord either... although "fortune favors the brave".

:lol: @ that attempted drop volley... it confused KB though. :D

spriwi
netcord 1-5.

pszczelny r u scared about the set yet? ;)

spriwi
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:06 AM
laaaaaaaaal @ volley and what bondarenko did standing right there :haha:

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM
She makes yet another comeback with aggressive tennis. The one forehand might've been out though...

spriwi
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM
4-5 :d

spriwi
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:09 AM
sp again -.-

seemed to be in for me...

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:10 AM
4ht SP saved. 6 all! :eek:

Matt.
Haha. "Pusher Aga" saves the set point. She did about 3 drop shot BH to slice BH "conversions".

spriwi
6 all

what aga is doing today makes me feel sick

... and i m sure i wont be able to fall asleep easily after such a stress... :p

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Unlucky bounce for Aga...

And KB wins the set.

Dexter
Bondarenko wins 1st set 76(7). :sad:

spriwi
ok, i go to sleep.

hope to see sth like 67 62 62 in the morning...

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Aga definitely wants to stay on court much more, there will be 3 sets :lol:

how many SPs did she save? 8? :scratch:

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:15 AM
First Set Stats

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cg0nwy.jpg

Great net play, but the UE are astounding.

Aga is currently off court.

Bartek
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:16 AM
come on Aga!

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Lost the set and i think she's gonna lose the match. I see no improvements since last year; same crap serve and no risk in her game. :o

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Bondarenko is playing great, Aga bad, and first set was so even. This says much about the difference between these players. I just can't imagine Aga losing this match. :cool:

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Lost the set and i think she's gonna lose the match. I see no improvements since last year; same crap serve and no risk in her game. :o

I have to disagree on the serve. Her "crap serve" saved nearly all of those set points. What actually cost her that set was her backhand, a shot I normally think is her best.

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Aga holds for 2-1*

I think this is the worst I've seen Aga serving... She's doing decently on her serve, but the quality of it is apalling. She's lucky Katya is not exposing it more.

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM
2 great returns and Aga finally breaks for *3-1.

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I really need to stop posting and continue working, but I have to point out that I'm cringing on every one of Aga's approach shots.

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Good hold from 0-30... Aga finally started to move Katya from side to side on the regular basis.

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
4-1* Aga is serving quite well today, but like in 95% women's matches, it doesn't matter ;)

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I have to disagree on the serve. Her "crap serve" saved nearly all of those set points. What actually cost her that set was her backhand, a shot I normally think is her best.

Yeah she made some points with her serve but all in all it's still crap. ;)

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:43 AM
5-2*

Katia looks to be really tired

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:52 AM
*5-3

Katia is complaining for Polish fans, she should be happy they are not that loud :lol:

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:00 AM
*5-3

Katia is complaining for Polish fans, she should be happy they are not that loud :lol:

They did quiet down at the umpire's request, though.

In other news, Agnieszka Radwanska should altogether stop coming to net.

Niunia
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:01 AM
5-4
dawaj Aga, break for a set

papru
what the fuck is she playing today :o
im going to bed, enough of this!!

Butt-Head
3 sp wasted. :rolleyes:

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:02 AM
no, that would be far too early if she had won that set 6-3 :lol:

5-4*

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:04 AM
6-7(7) 6-4 *0-0

jeszcze jeden! ;)

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Aga breaks to take 2nd set 6-4. Good game! :yeah:

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Agnieszka leaves the court once again, while Bondarenko stays on.

Second Set Stats:

http://i41.tinypic.com/28he4x2.jpg

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I don't believe I posted this yet... a picture of the Polish fans:

http://i39.tinypic.com/15wyxc7.jpg

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Pathetic game by Aga... broken already 0-1*

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:13 AM
terrible game :help:

Pszczelny
slow start *0-2

Aga must move Katia on court, she's running with more and more problems

Matt.
I haven't seen a picture of Agnieszka's parents in the feed. I wonder what look Piotr has on his face at the moment...

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:15 AM
So now we've gone from improperly approaching to improperly approaching and standing in no-man's-land. Wonderful.

TTomek
0-3* :eek: :o :help:

Pszczelny
0-3*

now a real test for Aga :cool:

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Aga playing like a challenger player... 0-3* :o
Maybe the heat is affecting her, but she doesn't look too tired. Just her normal self.

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
It's over. :wavey:

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
0-3*

now a real test for Aga :cool:Aga and Barrois are in the same boat... if she comes through so will Aga.

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
don't know whats wrong :shrug:

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Aga is not even trying... I hope she gets booed off the court. :o

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:20 AM
*0-4

wow, this will be a story

TTomek
pathetic, worst Agas match I have ever seen!!!

46 UEs!!!

Matt.
It's *0-4 now. Please make one more comeback.

(Even if it's only for my racquet bracket!)

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:21 AM
0-4 0-40

I am speechless!!!

Pszczelny
did she ever made so many UEs, she lacks now any shot

Matt.
I've actually started working on my thematic paper for European History... and that's saying something.

*0-5!

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
47 UEs for Aga... I don't think Aga's made as many in any of her matches.

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:23 AM
now who first will win, Lena or not Aga :help:

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:25 AM
What was she doing during the winter break?

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM
at least no bagel :o

Dexter
Aga saved her face... no bagel at least.

Pszczelny
1 game, but it's Katia's gift for Aga

TTomek
wow wondy :eek:

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Aga on ES :scared:

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM
it's so freaking windy :o :help:

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:28 AM
at least no bagel :o

does it really matter if she loses 0-6 or 6-8? ;)

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
first MP for wind :o

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
MP #1 saved wasted

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:31 AM
AO 2009 is over :wavey:

focus now on doubles with Ula ;)

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Oh well... Big disappointment, you can put some blame on the conditions, but it was the same for both of them.

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Well, my racquet bracket is f*cked.

I might as well post the match stats:

http://i42.tinypic.com/vo7kpk.jpg

Butt-Head
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:37 AM
That was pathetic. With this safty first tennis she won't win anything. :rolleyes:

Agata.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:
I hate this tournament, all the Poles already out :sad:

I just hope that when I wake up later today, it will appear to be not true.

What has happend in the 3rd set? Polish commentator said that Aga seemed to be really tired in the break after the 2nd set.

51 UEs :eek: That's really bad, propably some of them were because of the wind, but not all... Aga doesn't seem to be well prepared to the new season.

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:39 AM
It's no tragedy, unexpected wins or defeats happened, happen and will happen. Today it was not a good day for Aga. I'm taking it as just an accident. I'm sure she will make us proud so many times again. :)

Matt.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:41 AM
It's no tragedy, unexpected wins or defeats happened, happens and will happen. Today it was not a good day for Aga. I'm taking it as just an accident. I'm sure she will make as proud so many times again. :)

The only thing that's significant that should be cared about is the ranking points. She'll be out of the Top Ten, and that might make her draws from now on a bit harder. At least she'll come back next year with a "clean slate". And she's gotten a "big loss" out of the way for this year, so hopefully there won't be too many more.

Agata.
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:46 AM
It's no tragedy, unexpected wins or defeats happened, happens and will happen. Today it was not a good day for Aga. I'm taking it as just an accident. I'm sure she will make as proud so many times again. :)

I often react like that after unexpected loses of my faves :shrug: ;)

I just tell myself, that Andy Murray (well, to the eventual finalist)/Dinara Safina/Vera Zvonarova also lost in the 1st round of the AO '08 and the 2008 year was pretty good for them :)

I just realised that Ula should be proud of herself, she was our best singles WTA player in the AO '09 :lol: :help:

TTomek
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I often react like that after unexpected loses of my faves :shrug: ;)

I just tell myself, that Andy Murray (well, to the eventual finalist)/Dinara Safina/Vera Zvonarova also lost in the 1st round of the AO '08 and the 2008 year was pretty good for them :)
you just made me feel much better :lol: :rolls:

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM
The only thing that's significant that should be cared about is the ranking points. She'll be out of the Top Ten, and that might make her draws from now on a bit harder. At least she'll come back next year with a "clean slate". And she's gotten a "big loss" out of the way for this year, so hopefully there won't be too many more.

She (and we too) should not take the ranking so seriously. If she plays well and wins many matches/tournaments, her ranking will be ok. For me it was important till she entered top 20. Now it's the time to work, to improve, to get ready for great results. Which will come, we just need to be patient.

Pszczelny
Jan 20th, 2009, 01:53 AM

good point :lol:

just confirming my thoughts :cool:

Malva
Jan 20th, 2009, 02:43 AM
47 UEs for Aga... I don't think Aga's made as many in any of her matches.

That was indeed pathetic. I feel sorry.

AndreConrad
Jan 20th, 2009, 02:51 AM
This was the worse performance I ever saw from Agnieszka. I walked away from my computer at 0:3 in the third because I could not take it anymore. Oh well, I will stay optimist, she deserves at least that much from her fans. She really doesn't disappoint us that often. Have better luck in the rest of the season Agnieszka.