PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova shoulder woes!

womensrights
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I was thinking about thi ecently. Afte he curent coach Mike Joyce retired from the mens tour in 2002 he worked with Alexandra Stevenson for a few months before she needed to have shoulder sugery.Last decembe I was able to watch Maia and Mike work out a few times in Badenton. They would spend anywhere from 4 to 5 hours on the court. Besides the matches she would usually play in the morning they would go out in the afternoon and he would feed her tons balls especially forehands over and over for an hour and then do the same thing on her backhand. The girl looked like she was dieing half the time. Yui was never present so he is not to blame. I was shocked how hard he worked her.Now this brings up my question. Do you think over the last few year he over worked her. Maybe because he was on the mens tour thats how they train but possibly the womens body can't hold up to that toture!She did go on to win the Australian open and many matches in a row ,but where is she now.Does anyone agree?I'm abig fan of Maria and i think Mike has done a great job over the last few years but if she never returns the same it will be hard for me not to blame him for whats happened!!!!!

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
erm didnt u post this thread already :bolt:

womensrights
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah i guess i did! Didn't think fist one went through.