PDA

View Full Version : S4E at the Brisbane International.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Hey guys,

Ive been at the Brisbane International from Friday and ill be there until Thursday. Im also going to all the night sessions.

Instead of writing a huge report you guys can just ask questions. Ive seen most of the players so you can ask me anything you want. Even what they were wearing :p

=]

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Jords :hearts: Anything on Sesil is appreciated. :D

FedererBulgaria
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Something about Sesil or Pironkova?:lick:

Keadz
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Did you watch any of Niculescu vs Pironkova

Dave.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Take any pics?

Hope you have fun :wavey:

I'd appreciate anything on Ivanovic, Bartoli, Azarenka (particularly if you see her in doubles) and Niculescu. Also if you see Black & Huber that would be cool too. :cool:

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Did you see Ana?

Iceland
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
If you could write a bit about Marion/Monika, it would be nice!

Hayato
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Did you see anything of the de los Rios family? Or Castano? Duque Marino?
Hope you had a great time :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Jords :hearts: Anything on Sesil is appreciated. :D

I saw a little of Sesil's match today. She was playing well but was a little defensive at times (standing too far back.) She was hitting some nice winners as well. She can do some damage in the Main Draw.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Something about Sesil or Pironkova?:lick:

Did you watch any of Niculescu vs Pironkova

I watched Niculescu vs Pironkova. It was a really good match which basically consisted of Pironkova hitting hard and deep and Niculescu trying to break Pironkova's rhythym. Tsveti backhand was on fire today. She hit some fabulous winners off that side. The points were rather long and it was intense. Both girls were pumped up. Including their coaches. Was a fun game to watch.

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:20 AM
did you watch yan zi at all?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Take any pics?

Hope you have fun :wavey:

I'd appreciate anything on Ivanovic, Bartoli, Azarenka (particularly if you see her in doubles) and Niculescu. Also if you see Black & Huber that would be cool too. :cool:

Did you see Ana?

Yes. I saw Ana practicing on Pat Rafter Arena. Her and her coach were doing this drill were Ana would stand on the serviceline and her coach would hit some loopy balls and Ana would hit them for winners off her forehand. She was absoullutley creaming these. She wasnt missing any at all and most were learning very deep. She then also did it on the Backhand side. She missed a few but overall was very impressive. She seemed to be in a good mood as she was smiling and laughing alot.

I watched Azarenka's singles today. She played so well and looked very confident. She wasnt making any errors at all. She was getting down really low on the backhand and was seving well. Bondarenko was not playing good at all. Vika was typically whingey but she performed very well. I have also seen her practicing quite alot.

FedererBulgaria
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you very much;)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Ive seen Black and Huber a few times. There were hitting together. Mainly Huber would serve and Black would return. Ive also seen Black roaming the grounds often.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Bartoli played very well today. Monika was nervous and made quite a few errors but Marion was in the zone. She has changed her service motion again. Her legs are really weird in her new motion and has slimmed down quite alot.

She hit so many winners today! She was also practicing alot. Her coach was running her all around the court. I am predicitng Bartoli to have a very good year.

JPA
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM
did you see Daniela?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Did you see anything of the de los Rios family? Or Castano? Duque Marino?
Hope you had a great time :)

Ive saw Rosanna play Mirkovic. She was playing well. Altough some of her shots were a little loopy. I also saw a bit of her match against Yan. Zi was just out hitting her and was just too conistent at her hard falt shots. Rosanna did put up a good fight in the second however. I havent seen Castano at all. But I saw Duque Marino practicing. She was with Safarova i think and was hitting very cleanly. Was beating Safarova in their little match.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM
did you see Daniela?

Yes. She has been on the practice courts alot. She played a practice match against Mauresmo and was out hitting her easily. I also saw her the next day hitting with her coach. She is timing the ball very well and isnt missing much at all. However she wasnt getting too many serves in at all.

JPA
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:32 AM
thanks a lot! :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:32 AM
did you watch yan zi at all?

Ive watched all of her matches. She hits the ball so cleanly and moves so well! She played great all tournament long. Hitting the ball very crisply and just running her oppenent around the court before coming in to finish off at the net. She played good against Czink today but just fell short. She semmed very upset at the end of the match and got off the court very quickly. Expect her to rise up the ranks this year.

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
good to see she's finally incorporating her doubles skill into singles play :)

theklein
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Bychkova?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bychkova?

Ive only seen her once. She was practicing with Fedak. She was hitting her serve as hard as ever and seemed to be hitting the ball well. But she was also hitting them to deep alot.

Boomguy
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Speaking of the Bondarenko and Vika Match did u see who sat next to Kateryna as an on court coach after she lost that first set 6-0

Boomguy
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Bychkova?

I saw her playing againest South for a litte bit she was full of drama in that match

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Speaking of the Bondarenko and Vika Match did u see who sat next to Kateryna as an on court coach after she lost that first set 6-0

:shrug:

Boomguy
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
:shrug:

o sorry i forgot to add she got Alona to get on court to coach her after losing that first set

silverwhite
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Did you watch Gasquet's match? :p

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM

I did. I was like WOW. Thats different lol. There insperable. There always together. Lol.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Did you watch Gasquet's match? :p

I did =] Gasquet started off horribly but Gicquel was playing amazing. Gasquet started to pick up his play while Gicquel started to make more erorrs. Richie's backhand was amazing today. So impressive. The chicks in front of me kept zooming into his bum whenever he returned serve LOL!

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Good to hear about Ana, that's two posters who said Ana was impressive already. I hope she brings it into her matches. :)

silverwhite
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I did =] Gasquet started off horribly but Gicquel was playing amazing. Gasquet started to pick up his play while Gicquel started to make more erorrs. Richie's backhand was amazing today. So impressive. The chicks in front of me kept zooming into his bum whenever he returned serve LOL!

Goodness :rolls:

How was the FH :tape: and the other parts of his game? :p

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Goodness :rolls:

How was the FH :tape: and the other parts of his game? :p

Serve was good. Forehand was the major letdown today. He made many errors off that wing and seemed to be slapping at the ball. Towards the end though his forehand was starting to find its range.

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Serve was good. Forehand was the major letdown today. He made many errors off that wing and seemed to be slapping at the ball. Towards the end though his forehand was starting to find its range.

:yeah:

silverwhite
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM

I knew it :rolls:

Thanks for the info! :yeah:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
did u see dokic or stosur practicing or anything?

*Jean*
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Have you seen the Kanepi/Kleybanova match ?

Boomguy
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:19 AM

I did, There was a missing line judge during that match the line judge to call out faults in the service line. Both players were amazing servers very powerful but Kleybanova took Kanepi's serve better i even saw her made a return winner off a very powerful first serve from Kanepi which really shocked me

matthias
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
have you seen Grönefeld?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Yes I did. Both girls were hitting very hard but Kleybanova was playing alot better and keeping more balls in. Kanepi served rather well. Kleybanovas strokes are so ugly. But she played really well. Ran out of gas against Garbin though.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM
did u see dokic or stosur practicing or anything?

Yeah I did. They were practicng together at one stage. Dokic is like a machine. She was either practricng or watchiong other matches. Tou can tell she just loves her match. Both were hitting really well in practice.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:14 AM
have you seen Grönefeld?

I sure have. That serve :drool: She is looking really good and being really agessive. Still a few to many erorrs however. She is hitting really well though. She is really playing well in her douibles matches. Always smiling =]

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:24 AM
A few more random facts

Dokic never stops practicing and was always watching other matches. Her and her boyfriend looked really happy together. he was playing with her hair and she was laughing :D

Julia Schruff is a practice machine. Whenever I went to the practice courts she was always there. Really working hard on her fitness and serve.

Petra Kvitova and Iveta Benesova are best friends. They only practiced with eachother and were always walking aroiund together and laughing. They were mucking around in practice. It was good to see =]

Alona Bondarenko and Katya Bondarenko had a hige argument and wouldnt talk to eachother. They were like yelling at eachother! The coach only ever talks to Alona. He didnt say one thing to Katya. And he carries her bag everywhere. Alona thinks she is the hottest thing alive. She just bossed everyone around. She needs an attitude change.

Daniela Hantuchova was the biggesr Bi*ch ive ever seen. Constanly walking around like she was so supeior to everyone else and not signing any autographs. She never stops whinging and she needs a reality check. I was reallly dissapointed in her.

Ai was her normal bubbly self. Always smiling and happy to siogn autographs. I LOVE AI!

Yanina Wickmayer had the whole crowd against her. She grunts really loud and was just annoying.

Coin was a crowd favourite. She really got the crowd invloved. Shes really friendly.

Gajdasova was so nice. She like told me her whole life story and was so friendly to everyone even the ball boys. Her and Ai are the friendliest tennis players Ive ever seen.

Aranxta Rus wasnt hitting well but was really nice and eveyrone seemed to be friends with her. Shes really pretty.

Kleybanova needs to work on her fitness. She ran of fuel against Garbin.

Bartoli has chnaged her serve again.

Azarenka needs to stop complaning.

Fell free to ask any questions =]

serenus_2k8
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Could you go to Brisbane or Hobart and report back on Anne and Mel ? :haha:

Brett.
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
pics of Soph? ;) :lol: sorry i'm really a huge fan of Soph :o

Wiggly
Jan 10th, 2009, 02:23 AM
First, I hop you had fun!

Did you saw Iveta vs Sesil? How was Benesova playing?
And thanks a lot on for the Czech duo. They're a tight group.