:shrug: It looks ok.

A'DAM
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well not the worst she used to wear ;)

Dave.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM
This actually needs a thread? Come on now. :help:

She looks so good this year. :inlove:
And nothing hugely wrong with the outfit, suits her.

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Strange cut, I agree, but overall it looks nice. Marion looks pretty there too.

Ferg
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:13 AM
She looks great there.

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
She does look great, but the outfit is really weird. :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Stop bashing Marion, Gigi. :(

Petkorazzi
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I love her FYI :inlove:

Golovinjured.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Such a hater. :o :lol:

lilimi
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
she looks fitter...but the outfit...:o well, it's nike...
that's what sharapova was supposed to wear.

ArturoAce.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
she looks way better than from 2008. :inlove:
her clothes is way more flattering, got slimmer, and a haircut :)

ArturoAce.
btw...what is that finger strap she always has?

Boomguy
I saw her on Friday when i was watching Pin vs King and for once i didn't see her in a dress, she was wearing short shorts and a top and dam she looks alot fitter this season

lilimi
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:48 AM
btw...what is that finger strap she always has?

well, one day at the US open I think she wore a rubber glove...so nothing surprises me from her now...she likes to do her own strange things, like her horrible serve routine. i don't know if the bartolis want to re-invent tennis:help:

Dexter
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I've seen worse ones. I like the design, wish the colours were different though.

Langers
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:15 AM
She'd look terrible in anything. :D

FrenchY52
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Well it can't be any worse than the pink one she wore in 2007 ans last year :shrug:

Ferg
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:48 AM
well, one day at the US open I think she wore a rubber glove...so nothing surprises me from her now...she likes to do her own strange things, like her horrible serve routine. i don't know if the bartolis want to re-invent tennis:help:

No, its actually because she has tendonitis in that wrist. Go hate somewhere else please.

And as to your comment about re-inventing tennis, JJ was pictured using a training technique so many people mocked her for using. :p Looks like they're doing something right.

zveeen
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
It looks boring... :yawn:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Its better than most of her previous outfits.

esquímaux
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM
She's smiling so apparently she thinks it's okay. But her hand on the other hand.....hmmmm

Lighter
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
well, one day at the US open I think she wore a rubber glove...so nothing surprises me from her now...she likes to do her own strange things, like her horrible serve routine. i don't know if the bartolis want to re-invent tennis:help:Do you know that her dad is a doctor ? And do you remember that she was injured at the wrist after Rome ?

Ask Ana in order to know if you can be competitive with an injured wrist........

santhuruu
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I actually love the outfit of Bartoli!

Elenarulez
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
She is so cute in this pic :)

Joee
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Its gorgeous!
Shes got taste :)

Dodoboy.
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
She has lost weight!

davidmario
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i like it. just the part on her breast doesn't look that well.

nevetssllim
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about. There's nothing wrong with her outfit at all...

Conor
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:05 PM
WTAworld posters come fashionistas :o

Theres nothing wrong with her outfit. She looks slimmer in that picture and thats the most important thing... not what shes wearing.

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM
WTAworld posters come fashionistas :o

Theres nothing wrong with her outfit. She looks slimmer in that picture and thats the most important thing... not what shes wearing.

What shes wearing is more important :p

raffles
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I don't really like Marion very much but its not really fair to pick out her outfits when she has to fit her more ample body into clothes probably designed for Maria. They are never going to be flattering on her.

rockstar
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I don't really like Marion very much but its not really fair to pick out her outfits when she has to fit her more ample body into clothes probably designed for Maria. They are never going to be flattering on her.

haha i agree, wasnt this outfit for maria?

marion should know that sexy outfits are for the sexy girlsm get a baggy polo tee or something :p

Optima
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
It's alright, it's not too bad at all. She does look somewhat fitter this year; I've always thought Marion could like really nice when she wanted to.

Drake1980
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
It looks fine to me. :shrug:

Izzie.
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
She only looks bad if you compare her to the other very glamorous players, I think

iGOAT
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
^good point

lilimi
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Do you know that her dad is a doctor ? And do you remember that she was injured at the wrist after Rome ?

Ask Ana in order to know if you can be competitive with an injured wrist........

i know her dad is a doctor...but she has this tiny bandage for a long time, and i'm not sure this little thing is really helpful for her wrist. many other players had wrist injuries, and i never saw them with this little band-aid that goes from the finger to the wrist. Or papa bartoli wants to re-ivent medicine too...as a doctor, he should have taught her daughter what to eat in order to have an athlete's body.but i think i heard one day that papa bartoli was responsible for marion's distorted body.
i have nothing against marion, she looks to be a clever and nice girl, but i just don't like her tennis. it's ugly. thanks to her dad.

Rumkin
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Is Marion sponsored by nike or does she buy her own clothes? Sorry I don't know much about her.

It looks ok on marion, but that outfit is indeed made for maria.

iGOAT
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Is Marion sponsored by nike or does she buy her own clothes? Sorry I don't know much about her.

It looks ok on marion, but that outfit is indeed made for maria.
she buys clothes, but ALWAYS Nike.

Izzie.
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Agreed. But I don't know who she is sponsored by.

lilimi
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
i thought she was sponsored by nike...

raffles
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I've always wondered who has sponsorship for clothing companies and who has to buy their own clothes? What kind of ranking do you have to have to get a deal? Marion always wears Nike but if she has to buy her own clothes why does she stick to one brand?

Lighter
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:07 PM
i know her dad is a doctor...but she has this tiny bandage for a long time, and i'm not sure this little thing is really helpful for her wrist. many other players had wrist injuries, and i never saw them with this little band-aid that goes from the finger to the wrist. Or papa bartoli wants to re-ivent medicine too...as a doctor, he should have taught her daughter what to eat in order to have an athlete's body.but i think i heard one day that papa bartoli was responsible for marion's distorted body.
i have nothing against marion, she looks to be a clever and nice girl, but i just don't like her tennis. it's ugly. thanks to her dad.Do you dislike her tiny bandage, her tennis or her father ?

On my opinion, you dislike her father. But there is one thing you don't know. And he explained that only one time in a interview which is not anymore on the net. You have to believe me. And I swear it's true.

Dad agreed that Marion practiced with an other coach (2003-2004). And he let her daughter to be trained by someone else from fft and with Pat Etcheberry. 6 months after, she went down at the ranking and this fft coach said to her father : "Marion won't reach anything". That's why he decided to do everything for her daughter if she agreed. And he repeats today that if Marion wants to try a new experience, no problem. He is a doctor. So, he can work ASAP. But Marion refuses that. Because she trusts in only one person in tennis : her father. And neither her mother, nor her brother. And we all know that less you have coachs in your career, better is it.
Concerning her anatomy, he has explained many times that Marion has no sportive background among her family. That's why he is always trying to find solutions, solutions non availables for others players. And that's s why she refused to train with someone else, even among fed cup french team. That's the core of the problem.

And Amélie knows it. Amélie and Marion are practicing at the same tennis club in geneva.

And owing to her father, she reached Wimbledon final beating n°1, n°3 and n°16 at the ranking.

If you want more details : http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2008/09/11/an-interview-with-the-innovater-2b5a578e4ecd56b557c7a67268eddcc5-4714731

leannenufc
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I think she looks good! There are much worse outfits out there...:shrug:

Lighter
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I've always wondered who has sponsorship for clothing companies and who has to buy their own clothes? What kind of ranking do you have to have to get a deal? Marion always wears Nike but if she has to buy her own clothes why does she stick to one brand?Until end of 2006, Marion had a contract with "le coq sportif".

And she started to wear Nike outfit in RG 2007. And the reason why I guess she is now sponsored by nike is this link : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=20631

You can order on line nike outfits from Marion's WTA profile.

Lulu.
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Marion looks really good. I like the outfit and she's looking slimmer. :)

Lighter
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
well, one day at the US open I think she wore a rubber glove...so nothing surprises me from her now...she likes to do her own strange things, like her horrible serve routine. i don't know if the bartolis want to re-invent tennis:help:Just for you, Marion doesn't use Nike one : HERE (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NWWBK.html)

Super_Marion
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Well let's kill two birds with one stone, on the outfit. and on her physique.

A portion from Post match digest Bartoli v Wejnert (http://marionbartoli.blog.co.uk/2009/01/04/m-bartoli-def-m-w-wejnert-6-1-6-5319224)

'Sporting a new outfit Marion has the wow factor doesnt she. The outfit is great and those shoulders, look at how that muscle spans her neck like finest steel wire on a suspension bridge. And look at that face, look at the commitment, look at those eyes. If Marion is obsessive. That yellow ball is the compulsion.. Hit me. Go on. Hit me. Do it. And again and again and again, until Game Set Match Tournament and Trophy is all miiiiiiiiine! If you didnt know any better you could be forgiven for worrying about Marion's welfare when looking at those eyes sometimes. Watching the moments of euphoria when it goes really well and the moments of abject despondency when it isn't going so well. But before we all start to go Beverly Hills therapist over her (as unfortunately so many do), let us be reminded that there is actually nothing wrong with a woman who is very highly motivated, highly gifted, and highly intelligent. What you're looking at in those eyes is actually a whole different stratosphere of ability and attainment than most mere mortals ever realise in their lifetimes. Your looking at a different reality encapsulated in a snapshot of total-competition. Applied ambition without restraint. No holds barred.

Returning to the not so high fluting subject of court attire, It is hardly sycophantic to be luvvin all the recent outfits worn by her. Marion has worn some dodgy court attire in her time. One of the contenders for naff outfit was perhaps that pink tricolore thing she wore at Roland Garros in 2007. But ever since then the outfits just seem to have gotten better and better. And yeah, she loves her black and white. Her instinctual Testa Mora color palette.

In this outfit Marion wears black and white against the lighter shade of her top. By itself the top would look insipid. But the black and white creates a strong contrast that works, bringing out the milder color really well.

It will be interesting to see if Marion wears the same combinations of outfit over the weeks to come.'

SelesFan70
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM
What with the finger thing? Looks like it'll cut off the circulation!

BartoliBabes
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:55 PM
she looks gr8 you guys!

Kworb
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
She looks great :)

Marion :hearts:

charmedRic
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM
yay she looks happy. :)

Temperenka
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Looking a little fitter. What's with the hand? Not a bad outfit though...looks fine.