PDA

View Full Version : Sam in Brisbane

LordByron
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:16 AM
Sam has Maria Kirilenko first up...from her website

http://samstosur.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/homepageserve-516x343.jpg

Brisbane International begins

Saturday 3 January 2009

The draw is complete and Sam will kick off proceedings Sunday in the opening match of the tournament.

Sam will take on Russian Maria Kirilenko in the first round of singles. The gates open at 9am local time, and matches get underway at 10am.

Sam last played Maria in the final of the Korean Open late in 2008. She will be determined to avenge her tough three set loss there with a win tomorrow in front of her home state crowd.

In other exciting news for Sam, she has started 2009 with two new sponsors. From the start of the Brisbane event she will be using Babolat racquets, specifically the Pure Storm model and wearing Lacoste clothing.

Daniel.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
i prefer her with the Prince, just coz it looks better. Hopefully she plays better with this one.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Ive seen Sam so many times and she is looking great. She was practicing yesterday with Azarenka, Mauresmo and Dokic. She is hitting it really cleanly and looks very confident. She watched the cricket all day today lol. Hopefully she can come away with the win tomorrow. Ill be there in my Smash em Sam shirt. LETS GO SAM :armed:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Sam is also looking so fit and toned. She has been doing some very tough practice sessions with Dave Taylor and looks like she is roaring to go. She sturggled a little in the exhibiton match but she has looked in really good form in her practice. She was practicing her kick serve :hearts: It gets so much bounce :drool: She has also signed heaps of autographs. She is so popular. And can I just add that her outfit is the best in years. If she plays well she is capable of beating all the players in the draw. Tough battle in the opening round but hopefully the home crowd advantage can help her to play well and pull of the upset. Photos to come.

Droolv
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks so much Jords :hearts: Have you seen Maria training?

So you think this is Sam's year :angel:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
i have a good feeling about this - Kirilenko will be tough but i really cant see her beating sam here - apart from that Sam has a very nice draw too :)

Lacoste + Babolat + David Taylor + no ranking points to defend until clay = strong 2009 :)

Harvs
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
i expect sammy to win:)

Keadz
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
I am pumped for her in this match, shame its tomorrow so I can't see her on T.V. I love that she is wearing Lacoste as well, they always have the best outfits.

If she is pumped and plays well like it looks like she will. This should be a close fought match with hopefully Sammy coming out on top!

Soulslayer
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Is there a live stream of Brisbane somewhere? I'll die!

Go Sam! Smash Kirilenko! :bounce::worship:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Kirilenko has withdrawn due to a virus and will be replaced by Ai Sugiyama = postponed until tomorrow or tuesday

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Im kinda happy Kirilenko withdrew. Sugiyama should be a little easier for Sam. Hopefully she can put in a good performance.

She was watching alot of the matches on Pat Rafter Arena today =]

Keadz
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
We get to see her on T.V now which is good news, the bad news is they kicked Holland off to court 1.

Droolv
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
That sucks Maria pulled out :ras: :sad:

But I'm happy I can record and watch Sam's match later ;)

Why didn't Sam get a WO into the second round? :confused:

Keadz
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I guess because qualifying was still going so they could get a lucky loser into the draw. (who will take Sugiyama's previous spot in the draw)

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:41 AM
ah tomorrow is going to be awesome - Stosur, Dellacqua, Dokic, Hewitt all on tv.... i dont know if i will be able to sleep ;)

Harvs
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:31 AM
That sucks Maria pulled out :ras: :sad:

But I'm happy I can record and watch Sam's match later ;)

Why didn't Sam get a WO into the second round? :confused:

because maria withdrew before the tournament had started...

*timtams*
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM
someone get those matches recorded, sucks to be in england (most of the time), -9c is not a pleasant temperature for me, we only get eurosport and the bris tennis obviously is not shown. Please record for me :worship:

Keadz
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Good first match today for Sammy. Really impressed with how steady she was with her ground strokes. Still a bit hesitant at so when she should come into the net but executed well when she was there. Lost concentration for a little bit in the second set but got it back quickly which was good. Crappy returns which was not really surprising but good serving and a much improved backhand (WITH A SLICE!!).

Great solid performance today:)

louloubelle
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Great win by Sam over Sugiyama. Didn't know she had lost to her 4 times prior!! Plays the winner of Izzie and Safarova.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Stosur played absolutely great! her serve was very effective against the shorter opponent and she really controlled all of the rallies = her groundies are looking great, she looks fit and fresh and her movement has really improved. well done sam :)

Harvs
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
so good:)

GeeTee
Jan 5th, 2009, 07:50 AM
someone get those matches recorded, sucks to be in england (most of the time), -9c is not a pleasant temperature for me, we only get eurosport and the bris tennis obviously is not shown. Please record for me :worship:

Look in the Dokic live-scoring thread; about two hours ago when Channel 7 stopped the Dokic/Mauresmo match at 7/6 5/6 to go to a repeat of Deal or No Deal (grrrrrr!!) ppl posted a link to live webcast of the 7 telecast. It was pretty good quality.

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Sami played pretty well I wouldnt say great. She needs to wok on her consistancy but Im sure that will come with more matches. Well done Sami WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Droolv
Jan 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Well done Sam :yeah:

I'll watch the match later tonight :hearts:

*timtams*
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Look in the Dokic live-scoring thread; about two hours ago when Channel 7 stopped the Dokic/Mauresmo match at 7/6 5/6 to go to a repeat of Deal or No Deal (grrrrrr!!) ppl posted a link to live webcast of the 7 telecast. It was pretty good quality.

cheers, but i managed to watch livestream via b%tfair, didnt buffer, so it was great. That was from a achannel 7 telecast, maybe the same one. I was looking for a recording as some mates wanted to watch it and i couldnt record the livestream

Soulslayer
Jan 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Sammy for President!!! Well done! :bigclap: :bowdown: :aparty:

Huntress55
Jan 6th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Sam looked good in the match. A few silly errors, but overall a pretty solid performance. Cant wait till tonight.

Harvs
Jan 6th, 2009, 03:42 AM
i hate the fact we cant watch sammy tonight coz of channels 7's shit shows:( I REALLLLLY WANNA WATCH IT!

Huntress55
Jan 6th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I know! Channel 7 suck. I mean its an aussie playing as well! They're playing tomorrows night session, even though its delayed, its better than nothing. They should do that tonight at least.

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM
If anyone does wanna watch Sam LIVE tonight you can always check out the livestream at http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1996.html. If yesterday was any guide, it's pretty good picture and it's the Channel 7 commentators.

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:20 AM
In case anyone hasn't seen the other threads where this link is posted and wants to watch live - http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1996.html should feature Sam.

Hope Sam can blow Lucie away quicktime.

aussie_fan
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:22 AM
...;14704116']i hate the fact we cant watch sammy tonight coz of channels 7's shit shows:( I REALLLLLY WANNA WATCH IT!

I actually like Channel 7's lineup but that's not the point... we want to see sammy.

Good Luck Sam

Harvs
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
If anyone does wanna watch Sam LIVE tonight you can always check out the livestream at http://atdhe.net/live-tv-1996.html. If yesterday was any guide, it's pretty good picture and it's the Channel 7 commentators.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2009, 06:50 AM
i really think sam can win this one comfortably - good luck sammy!

jack daniels
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I feel this one will be a 3 setter, good luck to Sam!

Droolv
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Good luck Sam :rocker2:

BTW I'll be asking a mod to merge the two threads together as it's a waste of space having a thread for each round she progresses ;)

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Damn - I thought it was first match tonight but second... Hope the men's is straight sets

Keadz
Jan 6th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Good luck Sam, thank god there is a live stream because I really want to see how she goes against a big hitter. Thinking 2 tight sets would be a good result.

*timtams*
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
why is my livestream not working, my english one is showing bloody snooker and all i am getting on the ones you guys posted is like a loading symbol

GeeTee
Jan 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
no night matches til tomorrow :(

fuck channel seven...

Harvs
Jan 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
40-0:)

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2009, 08:16 PM
sam lost 64 64 :(

but she said in the interview that she thought she played better than her win over sugiyama - so she must be in good form but lucie served too well :(

better luck in sydney sammy