PDA

View Full Version : Hopman Cup | A. Cornet (FRA) def S. Hsieh (TPE) 6-4 6-4

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:03 AM
Su Wei :hug:

Shit match pretty much. :lol:

Josh.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:04 AM
Couldn't agree more. If Su Wei took her chances, she could have easily won. Cornet has such an ugly game.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:05 AM
Alize :) Should have been easier though.

mckyle.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:05 AM
I watched the last game and it was like 4 errors in a row :o

silverwhite
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Alizé: I moved like a cow :lol:

Optima
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Alize :rocker2:

homogenius
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Cornet won but her serve :o

TatiNovic
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
A match full of uforced errors :o

hablo
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Well done, Alizé!

She just arrived in the country yesterday. All things considered she did pretty well. :banana::ras:

silverwhite
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Cornet won but her serve :o

Her first serve saved her in the first set. Her second serve let her down in the second.

iGOAT
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Su-Wei :sad: Pretty bad match :help: but congrats Cornet :)

pwayne
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
5 breaks in a row in set 2 was not pretty but "Cow" and 3 AM France time Alize got thru the match.

homogenius
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:14 AM
Her first serve saved her in the first set. Her second serve let her down in the second.

I just saw the 2nd set and Hsieh was toying with Cornet's second serve.She broke her with 3 or 4 return winners at one point.Alize really needs to get a better second serve this year if she wants to do something against the big girls.

Ciarán
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:14 AM
Shit way to start 2009

Koon
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:15 AM
Cornet :help:

iGOAT
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:16 AM
When does the next match start?

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:17 AM
Gross.

Cornet, skip the entire rebound-ace season, indoor season, outdoor hardcourt season...just prepare for clay, it's all you'll ever be good on. :wavey:

DragonFlame
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Gross.

Cornet, skip the entire rebound-ace season, indoor season, outdoor hardcourt season...just prepare for clay, it's all you'll ever be good on. :wavey:

Oh yeesss, you can draw this conclusion from an hopmancup match without knowing the circumstances.:o You're so full of shit. :ras:

hellas719
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:24 AM
Allez Alize in next match!:lol:

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Oh yeesss, you can draw this conclusion from an hopmancup match without knowing the circumstances.:o You're so full of shit. :ras:

I've seen her play on other surfaces...just not impressive at all.

hablo
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:26 AM
She got to Australia yesterday and the time difference screwed her over. ;)

DragonFlame
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM

You're mistaken only because she's that much better on clay that you will fail to see the talent on other surfaces. From what i've seen it's there, she's a developing teenager that´s playing high level tournaments. She's losing to high-level experienced players, nothing to be ashame about this point in her career. She finished the first full season on the WTA tour and is already ranked 16th in the world. The way she's going she's at the same level of development(and even better) then ivanovic, kuznetsova, jankovic were at that age for example.

And thx for the badrep, coming from you that's a compliment. :lol:

iGOAT
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
These ain't too good but here:)
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/szavay/cornet.png
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/szavay/tennisforumavy.png

Optima
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:38 AM
Lacoste is ugly as shit.

aussie_fan
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:40 AM

Basically, that first serve really helped in the first set but Hsieh kept going for the second set, love the way Hsieh takes the ball early with her double handed forehand.

Cornet played ok considering the jetlag, it wasn't a very pretty win that's for sure

theklein
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:42 AM
Hsieh makes anyone who plays against her look like shit

louisa.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:55 AM
:yeah: Alize. Well done

RND
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
Hsieh did her part, but Cornet just wasn't quite feeling the balls. But I wouldn't say this is a boring match. There actually were many interesting rallies, especially that one at the net. :lol:

WonderfulLee
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
Hsieh play much better than her match against Korean girl in Asian Hopman Cup :help:

Amalgamate
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:06 AM
Alize, um...you better play better :help:

TS
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Shit match. Very shit.

I don't know how serious Cornet is about this Aussie swing if she only arrived here yesterday. Regardless, she has a nice game but I'll be very surprised if she runs deep in Melbourne.

Alizé Molik
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:37 AM
Gross.

its easy to judge other players as being talentless when you pick your favorites from the top 10 :rolleyes:

this match was still good for Cornet, first set was showing that she has clearly worked on her first serve over the break, however as in Sydney last year, she arrived only the day before her match and therefore had no time to get onto Brisbane time, and as she said it was 3am in Paris when she was playing.

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:39 AM
its easy to judge other players as being talentless when you pick your favorites from the top 10 :rolleyes:

this match was still good for Cornet, first set was showing that she has clearly worked on her first serve over the break, however as in Sydney last year, she arrived only the day before her match and therefore had no time to get onto Brisbane time, and as she said it was 3am in Paris when she was playing.

I have been a fan of Serena since 1999, before she even won her first slam.

All I've said is that Cornet isn't that impressive off clay...and her results show it.

Alizé Molik
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
yes and I've liked Alizé before she won her first slam too :p so we both see a potential in our respecive favorites! Hopefully Alizé will have 1/100th of the success Serena has.

Alex72
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:16 AM
Gross.

It`s obvious that clay is her best surface but I wouldn`t write her off just yet on the hardcourts. In her breakout season she made the semis at New Haven, quarters at Linz, and the R16 at the Olympics pushing a then 8 time slam champion in a tight three setter. It`s tough getting to 16 in the world being a mug on all but clay, but time will tell...:wavey: