PDA

View Full Version : Help finding an academy that fits my needs

AdamBlicher
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hello out there

I'm a 17 year old boy from Denmark who always has been between the best 10 players in my country. Last year i reach the semi's of the danish national championship (under 1 at the age of 16 and finished the year ranked as number 3 at my age in Denmark. I played the next best division (seniors) and won a couple of good victories (including defeting the number 3xx danish junior Rune Winkler)

Unluckly I got injuried and first started to play at 100 percent again this week and I'm now going to train and participate in a lot of tournaments the next half a year and then I would like to go to some kind of Academy whereever in the world for a couple of month (2-3) to try to give my game a "boost" in the right direction.

At first I thought about going to the US and i looked at a couple of Academies :

Van der Meer Tennis Academy (www.vandeermeertennis.com)

Smith Stearns Tennis Academy (www.smithstearns.com)

But in this financial hard time it would cost an amount of money that neither me or my family would be able to get together. I'm going to seek some different danish funds and hopefully they will "donate" some money to my projekt.

At the two places I have mentioned above it will cost me about 10 grand US dollars without the fly tickets which isn't chep from Denmark

So my question is to you guy's and girl's are there any Academies in Europe that would be cheaper for me and were it's still possible to get good training, trainers and some good facilities?

Sorry for the long post but I still hope that some of you takes the time to read it and hopefully is able to help me finding what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance

Adam Juel-Blicher