PDA

View Full Version : Jelena left Prince and Reebok !?

-NAJ-
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
contracts have expired and will not be extended

Other companies are offered better contracts
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I think that she sign with IMG, she was in octagon but i am not sure about that because serbian media wrote ING but maybe is mistake

Dexter
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Good on her, Reebok makes the most hideous outfits... :tape: Obviously right after Yonex, which is beyond any competition. :tape:

doni1212
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM

I think that she sign with IMG, she was in octagon but i am not sure about that because serbian media wrote ING but maybe is mistake

So she didn't leave...they just didn't want to sign her again....

tenn_ace
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Good on her, Reebok makes the most hideous outfits... :tape: Obviously right after Yonex, which is beyond any competition. :tape:

As if this was a part of the equation. Sure.

Dexter
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
As if this was a part of the equation. Sure.With your point being?

-NAJ-
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
She was in Belgrade for New Year and yesterday she train in tennis club Gemax but she was in Rbk
http://www.pressonline.rs/admin/image.jpg?imageId=32188&thumb=1

Mina Vagante
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Well she used Yonex racquets before so maybe she'll go back ?

tenn_ace
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
With your point being?

To show yours was useless.

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:28 PM

Do you have a link for this? If Jelena really is no longer with Prince and/or Reebok, then the webmasters for their respective sites need to be fired:

http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/teamPros.aspx?category=2

http://www.reebok.com/US/#/sport/tennis

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
With your point being?
Point being that when players switch apparel sponsors, it has nothing to do with how the outfits look and everything to do with how much more money they'll be paid.

Optima
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
So she didn't leave...they just didn't want to sign her again....

Umm..no :tape: She told us she wanted to tell us something but couldn't until after the new year. It's been speculated Reebok didn't have enough money to pay her or something due to the economic slowdown, I'm not sure. Something like that. I didn't think she was leaving Prince though.

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Umm..no :tape: She told us she wanted to tell us something but couldn't until after the new year. It's been speculated Reebok didn't have enough money to pay her or something due to the economic slowdown, I'm not sure. Something like that. I didn't think she was leaving Prince though.
Maybe she moved up to the parent company, and she'll be the first touring pro to use the Adidas racquet. :shrug:

doni1212
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM

Ok.....that's how it was.....:hehehe:
I mean, they have to pay her a lot since she's a grandslam winning champ and all, :tape: :rolls:

Optima
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article5409872.ece

There may be all sorts of restraints on such spending in an era of downturns and depressions — it is understood that Reebok, the clothing manufacturer, may be forced to pull out of its deal with Jelena Jankovic, the world’s No 1 woman player from Serbia, because of financial cutbacks. However, where Murray, who has played in only one grand-slam final, the US Open in September, is concerned, the money can be mustered.

Another quote:

Emphasizing you contracts with sponsors "Reebok" and "Prince. Who will cooperate in the future and for that amount?
- My agency, which takes account of that made some fantastic moves. But it must remain a surprise to 1st January 2009.

Anabelcroft
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Because of the crisis in US Reebok and Prince didn't have enough money and that's why the contract was off!

Just Do It
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
I know her contracts were about to expire, but I thought they would sign them again ? Reebok does not have a big name with them now ?

-NAJ-
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
It's normal to go in company which offers more.

Snezana didn't want to tell much Press about new contracts

Dav.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think leaving Rbk is definitely a positive, but switiching from Prince seems like a bad idea. The 03 is perfect for her game. :unsure:

Uranium
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
I feel bad for Reebok, first they lose Venus, now JJ, all they have are Mauresmo and Vaidisova:lol:

Optima
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
switiching from Prince seems like a bad idea. The 03 is perfect for her game. :unsure:

I know, that's what I'm worried about.

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
lol- good move by Venus to leave that sorry excuse for a sports apparel company

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
lol- good move by Venus to leave that sorry excuse for a sports apparel company
Yes, because EleVen is doing so well right now.....

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Yes, because EleVen is doing so well right now.....

really?! even better! :lol:

-NAJ-
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Is there a ING agency that represents players or the Serbian media spelled wrong
???

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
really?! even better! :lol:
Please read this:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/11/26/ap5745632.html

The one closest to me (Hayward, CA) is closing January 15, and whatever EleVen merchandise they have left is probably selling for less than cost.

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Please read this:

The one closest to me (Hayward, CA) is closing January 15, and whatever EleVen merchandise they have left is probably selling for less than cost.

Steve and Barry's is going out of business- not EleVen.

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Steve and Barry's is going out of business- not EleVen.
Venus signed an exclusive deal with Steve & Barry's, remember?

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
she is signing with someone else. Sears, I think.

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Own clothing company is greater than or less than no clothing contract?

raffles
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
I wonder who will be next to get the boot from their sponsor. Has Maria been dumped by Tata yet?

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Own clothing company is greater than or less than no clothing contract?
What good is having your own clothing company if no retailer is stocking their shelves with your clothes?

Amalgamate
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
What good is having your own clothing company if no retailer is stocking their shelves with your clothes?

I'm pretty sure Venus can find another retailer to sell her clothing.

homogenius
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Please read this:

I read about that at least 6 months ago.Surely Venus was aware of it and searched another retailer.

darrinbaker00
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Venus can find another retailer to sell her clothing.

I read about that at least 6 months ago.Surely Venus was aware of it and searched another retailer.
No, you read about the Chapter 11 filing six months ago; the liquidation was announced in November. Besides, in this economy, I doubt that any retailer would take on EleVen right now.

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
ANSWER! own clothes > or < no clothing contract.. It is either one or the other.

supergrunt
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
no equivocating

homogenius
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
No, you read about the Chapter 11 filing six months ago; the liquidation was announced in November. Besides, in this economy, I doubt that any retailer would take on EleVen right now.

Reading some articles last summer it was obvious that they would liquidate (even if it was not clearly stated).
Anyway I hope she'll find another one cause it was courageous to create her own line and it would be sad to see her fail like that.

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
ok i am fine with the clothes... but dont go away from prince :mad::sad: !!!

-NAJ-
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
wilson:bounce:

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:22 AM
wilson:bounce:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW disgusting ! ! !

Optima
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
:o

:smash:

louisa.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
I knew about Reebok, but Prince?! :scared: :bigcry:

cartmancop
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
Will she change racquets or "change" racquests (paint over her trusted frame) It would suck if she had to waste time adjusting to a new brand...it doesn't always work out as smoothly as one would think :lol:

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
well its difficult to make a paintjob on a speedport :smash:

Mina Vagante
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
well its difficult to make a paintjob on a speedport :smash:

:rolls: Jelena states she has moved to Wilson, yet her racquet has speedports in it :lol:

cartmancop
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
haha as long as she's not an adidas clone i'll be happy!

Mikey.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:46 AM
I mean, they have to pay her a lot since she's a grandslam winning champ and all, :tape: :rolls:

oh god.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Richie's
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM
Jelena will play with Prince!

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:33 AM
I think so, too. Prince will just have to $$$ a bit more :p

http://www.blic.rs/_customfiles/Image/slike/2009/01_januar/03/sport/jeca-v.jpg
Sanchez has got one of the new prince EXO rackets in his hands on this pic whereas he'd always play with a babolat one...if they didnt work with prince why would he do so...

Amalgamate
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:41 AM
^ When was that picture taken?

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
its a recent one...its for an article that came out on jan 1

mb011
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Blic newspaper writes that on her last training session jelena still wore reebok but had with her a WILSON RACKET BAG, with new rackets in it.

Optima
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:55 AM
:explode:

Plz get rid of Reebok.

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:56 AM
i think i am gonna go vomit :bigcry: the wilson bag is on the other court though on this pic...

Amalgamate
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
She might debut all of her new stuff at the AO? Doesn't make sense though... :confused:
Is that newspaper a reliable source?

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
Well, I guess she'd have test runs at HK... hopefully only clothes :sobbing:

drake3781
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Jelena

Am I the only one who liked her in Reebok? I liked her dresses this season including the simple one with the swirled piping on it. And I REALLY like the line for 2009. I think Reebok really suits her, and what else would she go to? Adidas or Nike? :shrug: There are too many players wearing those.

Venus

Venus' Eleven line is not her own production, but one she licenses her name/logo to a production company - in this case via Steve and Barry's. She gets paid a licensing fee for her use of her name. She likely participates in some of the design work as well. Venus has been paid by Steve and Barry's through the end of her contract term, but it of course was not renewed and there is nobody who has yet picked her line up. So she is out of business, so to speak, unless/until somebody else signs with her. I don't know what she will wear this year. She could, I suppose, design herself and have produced an "Eleven" line for her own use, in order to keep the continuity in case she has hopes of somebody else picking up the line. It will be interesting to see what she does.

-NAJ-
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
^ When was that picture taken?

2.01.2009. Belgrade. Tennis club Gemax

They said that she played with Wilson only couple points, like some test ;)

Vaidisova Ruled
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
If she trained with prince, then she will stay with prince.

-NAJ-
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Webmaster of JJ's site removed Reebok link from her site

schorsch
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Just tell me she isnt signing with LiNing :sobbing:

rockstar
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM

you're a pathetic troll, how many wins do you have. jelena is worth 1 million times more than your sorry ass.
and please dont hide behind serena, being a fan of a successful player doesnt give you the right the troll all over this forum. :rolleyes:

new-york
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Jelena

Am I the only one who liked her in Reebok? I liked her dresses this season including the simple one with the swirled piping on it. And I REALLY like the line for 2009. I think Reebok really suits her, and what else would she go to? Adidas or Nike? :shrug: There are too many players wearing those.

nope, i thought they designed some nice stuff for her.
it suited her well indeed.

Adrian1092
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
I saw pics of her practicing with her prince racket but no prince stencil on the strings. I wonder who she could be moving to :O

lilimi
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
i think rbk was great with jelena. she had special and unique outfits, and nice dresses that suited her body. they're much better than nike IMO. but nike has the money, so maybe she will wear the swoosh...

InsideOut.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM

OMG :lol: Very likely that ;)

Wilson is fine; lots of great champions use/used Wilson.

And she's trying to copy Ana :angel:

I think she looked fab in Reebok, the yellow dress was the best in the entire USO. :( Reebok looks nice on her. I can't imagine her wearing that Nike Sharapova pastel dress (ew), or the Adidas Ivanovic adilibria dress (JJ would look like a grape in that :tape:).

Maybe she gets an EleVen deal from Venus in exchange for one more match win against her. ;)

mb011
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
in an interview for the Serbian sports magazine, jelena's mum says that indeed both contracts have expired, and that it couldn't have happened in a better moment for jelena,a s she will be signing new ones as the world's number one. aparently she will probably switch to wilson but maybe not as of AO since there is not enough time to adjust to the new rackets. also more will be known at AO about the new clothing sponsor... snezana says "everyone" is interested...

Mina Vagante
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
She's just copying Serena and Venus :p

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Everyone is interested :hehehe:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
OMG :lol: Very likely that ;)

Wilson is fine; lots of great champions use/used Wilson.

And she's trying to copy Ana :angel:

I think she looked fab in Reebok, the yellow dress was the best in the entire USO. :( Reebok looks nice on her. I can't imagine her wearing that Nike Sharapova pastel dress (ew), or the Adidas Ivanovic adilibria dress (JJ would look like a grape in that :tape:).

Maybe she gets an EleVen deal from Venus in exchange for one more match win against her. ;)

:hearts:

drake3781
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
I'm more unhappy about this change from Reebok than I thought I could be. :lol: Really, I liked her in Reebok and don't think the change will be better.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Somehow I'm not really excited about where she'll end up clothing wise.. I think Reebok really stepped it up to the end of last year with their designs. I especially loved her red dress:hearts:
So where will she go?
Adidas is out of question, since they have Ana...
Maybe the Stella McCartney line, but I highly doubt that! I heard Stella personally chose Makiri and she's always looked fantastic in her designs:drool:
If she goes to Nike she will play third of fourth fiddle behing Masha, Serena and maybe even Dani...
So, who's left? KSwiss and Fila... KSwiss makes some nice stuff but is quite boring and Fila has never impressed me:shrug:
As for her racquets:
I always thought her racquet suited her well:shrug: She should stay there...
Wilson is nice, no doubt, but I wouldn't know which one of their racquets would suit her as well as the O3.
Is Wilson final? Anybody knows?
If not, Djoko has recently switched to Head, so maybe she'll follow him there:lol:

sweetpeas
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Both companies,will feel the lost!Their going to be sorry!J.J going to win her first slam!!!!!!!2009 A.O slam...:wavey::bounce::cool:

jelena_jankovic
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Somehow I'm not really excited about where she'll end up clothing wise.. I think Reebok really stepped it up to the end of last year with their designs. I especially loved her red dress:hearts:
So where will she go?
Maybe the Stella McCartney line, but I highly doubt that! I heard Stella personally chose Makiri and she's always looked fantastic in her designs:drool:
If she goes to Nike she will play third of fourth fiddle behing Masha, Serena and maybe even Dani...
So, who's left? KSwiss and Fila... KSwiss makes some nice stuff but is quite boring and Fila has never impressed me:shrug:
As for her racquets:
I always thought her racquet suited her well:shrug: She should stay there...
Wilson is nice, no doubt, but I wouldn't know which one of their racquets would suit her as well as the O3.
Is Wilson final? Anybody knows?
If not, Djoko has recently switched to Head, so maybe she'll follow him there:lol:

Great post!
2007 was horrible...they let JJ play almost the whole season in that white dress..which was nice..but not for 8 months:tape:
2008 started the same...pink dress...same style...but then they stepped it up...colourful...different styles and more outifts...
I loved the red one too...she looked so great in Stuttgart:hearts:

Hmm...racket switch is difficult...I always end up with the new version of my old racket:lol:
Better be careful!

Optima
Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I didn't like the color of that red dress.

ivanban
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure she should change clothing nor racket sponsor.
RBK really started to make some nice outfits for her lately, and Prince was just perfect for her :shrug:

Cp6uja
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
This episode shows once again that people who managed Jelena Jankovic 2007 season doing worst job ever if we look any ATP/WTA example for some TOP5 player in Open Era. In 2008 she finally have full-time coach, stop to play mickey mouse tournaments and doubles - and we all know results. But her team in 2007 make terrible decisions in all areas so her sponsors contracts is not exceptions. She finished 2007 in TOP3 but still sign one year contract with Reebok and Prince!? It's BS that now is better time for her when she is #1 - because World economic crisis biggest companies dont have enough money for new contracts, and last season when she is TOP3 of course that JJ have option to sign contracts with causules and bonuses "what if" she reach #1, or win slam... etc... like Ivanovic for example doing with Yonex or Adidas. Reebok is in deep crisis now and have expensive active contracts with many others sports stars (like Yao Ming or Iverson from NBA for example) so no money for new contracts, and Prince priority is of course massive Maria Sharapova contract... but year ago Jelena have nice opportunity to sign very lucrative multiple years deals with both this companies (or others), but her 2007 management is useless and gambling with this "one year" deals contracts... and lose! :sad: :sad: :sad:

mb011
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
This episode shows once again that people who managed Jelena Jankovic 2007 season doing worst job ever if we look any ATP/WTA example for some TOP5 player in Open Era. In 2008 she finally have full-time coach, stop to play mickey mouse tournaments and doubles - and we all know results. But her team in 2007 make terrible decisions in all areas so her sponsors contracts is not exceptions. She finished 2007 in TOP3 but still sign one year contract with Reebok and Prince!? It's BS that now is better time for her when she is #1 - because World economic crisis biggest companies dont have enough money for new contracts, and last season when she is TOP3 of course that JJ have option to sign contracts with causules and bonuses "what if" she reach #1, or win slam... etc... like Ivanovic for example doing with Yonex or Adidas. Reebok is in deep crisis now and have expensive active contracts with many others sports stars (like Yao Ming or Iverson from NBA for example) so no money for new contracts, and Prince priority is of course massive Maria Sharapova contract... but year ago Jelena have nice opportunity to sign very lucrative multiple years deals with both this companies (or others), but her 2007 management is useless and gambling with this "one year" deals contracts... and lose! :sad: :sad: :sad:

don't know much about the issue, but your post makes perfect sence to me... i was kind of surprised to hear these news, especiallya bout the racket sponsor... she was with prince for quite a while now...

northern lad
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM
don't go to wilson :bigcry:

raffles
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
JJ's team might not have been the wisest but I doubt they could have see the economic problems coming. So did Reebok decline to sign JJ again? I'm not sure where she is going to pick up a contract as lucrative as she might want.

friendsita
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM

lol :help:

ivanban
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM

:cuckoo:

Like she or anyone could know that in one year span world economics would crumble :weirdo:

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Like she or anyone could know that in one year span world economics would crumble :weirdo:

plus its now she can make good contracts a year ago not that much. signing at the nr.1 ranking pays $$$.

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM

Stock markets started tumbling around October 2007.

Actually the entire subprime thing has been there for years already, since like 03 or 04.

Kampi
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:47 AM
It's all about business and that's the way it is. But in terms of a possible racket change during the season...well, this is always something to worry about. Clothes won't make you better or worse, but the main "gear" is always a very sensitive kind of point. I'm still doubtful, that we will see Jelena with a new racket company, but time will tell.

hwanmig
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Jelena will probably ask Serena to let her wear her designs:lol:

Stacy Adams
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:49 PM

That's not neccesarily the case. Steve & Barrys is going under because of bad management decisions. It's pretty much common knowledge that a number of their individually profitable lines such as Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten, Stephan Marbury's Starbury, Amanda Bynes' dear and Venus' Eleven will be snapped up by other retailers like Sears as someone already mentioned.

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:51 PM

i really liked her Reeboks outfits.. :shrug:

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I feel bad for Reebok, first they lose Venus, now JJ, all they have are Mauresmo and Vaidisova:lol:

And Peer. :p.

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
i think i am gonna go vomit :bigcry: the wilson bag is on the other court though on this pic...

There is a head one aswell in the picture ;)

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM

Not exactly, they are loosing Ana to Nike this spring :)

So it's possible she could take the top shot there

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:00 PM
i don't want to see her with Wilson :sad:

Babolat anyone? :angel:

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Not exactly, they are loosing Ana to Nikie this spring :)

So it's possible she could take the top shot there

No they aren't. The contract ends at the end of 09.

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM

They are still loosing her :shrug:

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Why do people care so much about racquets ? :sobbing:

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Why do peo:pple care so much about racquets ? :sobbing:

They are quite important in tennis :p

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Because its interesting :D

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:24 PM
They are still loosing her :shrug:

No. She'll win some more majors and Adidas will outbid Nike!;)

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
They are quite important in tennis :p

Clothes >>> Racquets :drool:

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Clothes >>> Racquets :drool:

No, Ana and Makiri could play prefectly well nude. :hehehe:

Not so well without a racket...

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Because tennis would be horrible played with baseball bats?

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Ewwww Sean !

Gasquet :hehehe:

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM
i don't want to see her with Wilson :sad:

Babolat anyone? :angel:

No, Babolat would be awful for her game. Far too powerful.

No. She'll win some more majors and Adidas will outbid Nike!;)

Can Addidas outbid Nike :scratch:

gaviotabr
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM

I think that Ana will indeed leave adidas at the end of the contract. Talks about it began around august. And now it seems that Ana will no longer work with Sven, which was one of the reasons I thought she might still choose to be with adidas.

As for the topic of the thread, Jankovic will definitely get good contracts. Maybe her old management didn't get it right in 2007, but now she has a pretty good team with her. The deals might not be as lucrative as it could have been (economic crisis is affecting everyone), but they will be very good for sure. I agree that the clothing apparel is not as important, and I was beginning to like Reebok. Jankovic had the most outfits changes in the second half of the season and all of them looked good on her. The racquet thing is a bit worrisome, as her mom stated that it would come later in the season. Changing racquets can always be difficult, as the players usually sense the slightest spec change. It could affect her game a bit, and the Prince racquet she had suited her like no other.

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I think that Ana will indeed leave adidas at the end of the contract. Talks about it began around august. And now it seems that Ana will no longer work with Sven, which was one of the reasons I thought she might still choose to be with adidas.

As for the topic of the thread, Jankovic will definitely get good contracts. Maybe her old management didn't get it right in 2007, but now she has a pretty good team with her. The deals might not be as lucrative as it could have been (economic crisis is affecting everyone), but they will be very good for sure. I agree that the clothing apparel is not as important, and I was beginning to like Reebok. Jankovic had the most outfits changes in the second half of the season and all of them looked good on her. The racquet thing is a bit worrisome, as her mom stated that it would come later in the season. Changing racquets can always be difficult, as the players usually sense the slightest spec change. It could affect her game a bit, and the Prince racquet she had suited her like no other.

:speakles: That is very bad news! He is one of the best coaches around and really good for her! Don't do a Nicole :scared:

Maybe he will levae Addidas with her?

gaviotabr
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM
:speakles: That is very bad news! He is one of the best coaches around and really good for her! Don't do a Nicole :scared:

Maybe he will levae Addidas with her?

From the australian press:

Australian Open finalist Ana Ivanovic is likely to be without a coach at Melbourne Park this month, having decided not to continue with Sven Groeneveld, the mentor provided by her apparel sponsor.

Groeneveld had worked with Ivanovic at recent grand slams, but had to stand aside for matches involving other clients of the sponsor.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...003848432.html

I'm also shocked by the news.. Let's see if it's entirely true though.. I don't know. I've read claims that Sven would be full time coach to Wozniacki this year. Ana needs a coach, so I hope if she is indeed to part from Sven, that she gets one ASAP.

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Babolat and Jelena for 09!:worship:

gaviotabr
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Babolat and Jelena for 09!:worship:

I love Babolat. But I don't see which of the racquets they have could suit her game. She should choose one that really suits her.

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM
From the australian press:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...003848432.html

I'm also shocked by the news.. Let's see if it's entirely true though.. I don't know. I've read claims that Sven would be full time coach to Wozniacki this year. Ana needs a coach, so I hope if she is indeed to part from Sven, that she gets one ASAP.

:speakles:

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I love Babolat. But I don't see which of the racquets they have could suit her game. She should choose one that really suits her.

Yes, all are far too powerful for her game. The only one that could be suited to her is the Aero Storm ( Safina ) or Radswanska's.

But yeah, Prince was perfect for her game.

Willam
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Babolat may want to have a WILSON07ish Rooster.

Both #1. :)

InsideOut.
Jan 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Jelena's racquet specs aren't too far away from those of Nadal's racquet. She'd be OK with Babolat.

Just Do It
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8420/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg/1/w300.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img98/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg/1/)

:shrug:

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Jelena's racquet specs aren't too far away from those of Nadal's racquet. She'd be OK with Babolat.

Yes they are.....:tape::lol:

I really don't think babolat would suit her

Sean.
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8420/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg/1/w300.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img98/roddickfryingpanhx1.jpg/1/)

:shrug:

Yes and he lost

Mina Vagante
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM

They are ! Nadals racquet is far more powerful

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Now she will have another reason [apart form ''injuries'' and burnout] for not winning a Grandslam.

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I think she will indeed change clothing companies, but is just trying to get Prince to get worried they'd lose her, so they give her a better contract. Best way to do so is to release press statements and a few pics with trying out other rackets.
Just stay with Prince JJ, ok :bigcry:? Paintjobs with other companies arent possible, so just stay :sobbing:

northern lad
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM
if she did switch companies, she would probably be involved in choosing the exact specs of her racket. the biggest problem is other companies not being able to put speedports in their rackets. although i was looking up the new wilsons, and they have holes in the throat of the racket to increase head speed, so i wouldn't be surprised to see her using one of those if she does indeed switch to wilson.

hopefully she'll just stick with prince:o

ms. double fault
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:44 PM
well, JJ will play in hong kong tomorrow, so we'll see, won't we? :)

schorsch
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
JJ said she will play the AO with the speedport white pro, so no maybe the apparel will be a different one, but the racket I guess will be Prince.

schorsch
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM

I called it :sobbing:

It seems that JJ will sign with LiNing.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w54/_lu_lu_91/nike.jpg (from louisa. :p)

Mina Vagante
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like Nike.

schorsch
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://blog.bornforsports.de/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/04/lininglogo.gif
LiNing logo

louisa.
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Li Ning's tick is more vertical while Nike's goes up more. JJ's top's symbol seems to go up more...

Optima
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Never even heard of them before.

Puma :sad:

:banghead:

TennisMindCamp
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:17 AM
That would make sense time are tough right now!

Cakeisgood
Jan 18th, 2009, 04:17 AM
The "Li Ning" is actually Jelena's own dress. The logo is actually "JJ"