PDA

View Full Version : BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL: Reports & Photos

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
I arrived at the tennis centre at around 10:00 am (local time), and when I first saw it up close in my entire life it was like a breath of fresh air. All the courts were done up nicely as well as Pat Rafter Arena with that beautiful true blue surface that is known as plexi cushion. It gave a smile to my face which emulated happiness.

First up I watched Karolina Sprem take on Galina Voskoboeva on Show Court 1. The show courts were shaded, but the stands weren’t which meant I had to sit in the blazing sun (lucky I had a hat & sunscreen though). The first four games were close as neither player gave away their serve before Voskoboeva broke & held to hold a 4-2 lead. However, Sprem won the next three games to take a 5-4 lead – thanks to her aggressive ground play & her huge first serves. Sprem to me seemed to be the player out of the two who had more power off the ground, and in addition she was the better shot maker who went for her shots more often than not. This enabled her to hit a lot of spectacular winners (she hits very flat), especially her backhand down the line which proved to be a handy shot as well as her 1st serve – which she got some cheap points off. She also made a few too many unforced errors at times and too many double faults. Voskoboeva at times went for her shots & hit some winners, but Sprem’s game proved too much when it mattered when she trailed 4-2.

I left that match at 5-4 to proceed into Pat Rafter Arena for the official opening of the arena. Lots of Australian tennis greats came out such as Rosewell, Newcombe, Turnbull, and of course Rafter. Rafter also got to officially serve the first ball in the arena, which he got in on the first time. Then he teamed up with Isabella Holland (a promising young Aussie player) against Sam Stosur & a young Aussie male player named Kuebler for an exhibition match. Rafter & Holland won 5-3 in the end and it was a ball. I was impressed with Isabella’s ground strokes (forehand & backhand) – she seemed to hit more winners than the other three imo throughout the exho :lol: :)

Then it was back to Show Court 1 to watch Julia Goerges against Aussie country girl Emelyn Starr. Only watched the second set though. Emelyn was really no match for Goerges in terms of firepower. She can construct the pts well when she’s allowed to & create some forced errors from Goerges, however I was surprised to see her make a lot of unforced errors as from what I heard – her game relies on consistency which is her strength. Guess Goerges power just really pressured her to go for more than what she’s used to. Emelyn just needs to develop a weapon (such as a good forehand) to finish the points off quickly when she’s given the opportunity.

After that was over, it was Zi Yan against Aussie Monique Adamczak on the same court. Both players held serve in their opening service games before Yan broke and held to lead 3-1. Monique however brought it back to 3-3 all which was a pretty good effort from her. But that momentum wouldn’t last long as Yan won three of the next four games to seal the first set. The second set was nearly a replica of the first as both players held to begin the set, and then Yan broke to lead 2-1. But Monique broke and held to 3-2 – surely a confidence booster for her. I was wrong. Yan won the next four games to seal the match 6-4 6-3. Monique had some chances in the 2nd set, especially at 3-2 where it was 30-30 all and she up 0-30 or 15-30 on Yan’s serve (which I think it is, can’t remember). Mon just looked tentative at times in the match – resulted in netted unforced errors and poor shot selection. Plus she had trouble volleying at times, but she did hit one spectacular volley winner at one point. Whenever she had the upper hand in the point, Yan would just make her play an extra shot again & again which resulted in Mon being passed at the net or making an error. Mon was aggressive with her shots at times & hit both flat and with topspin. In contrast Yan hits very flat with aggression (although she did throw a few loopers here & there). And Yan was also the better player on crucial points – thanks to her getting the extra shot back. Mon double faulted on a crucial point which did not help.

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Then it was Sophie Ferguson versus Nastya Rodionova. Both held serve for the 1st four games, hitting some nice winner & forcing each other into errors. Nastya has quite a good forehand when she has the opportunity to whack it for a winner imo. She hit some nice FH DTL winners past Soph at times, which I was surprised to see. However Nastya didn’t like one of the calls that the umpire or linesman made, and she gave the death stare to the umpire :haha: :devil: She also told the umpire to tell people to be quiet and furthermore she looked cross at a ballperson once when she wanted the right balls :lol: :lol: In addition, she grabbed two hands on her racquet and whacked it on the surface after she lost a point while serving for the match at 5-4 :rolls: Not a happy camper since she lost the match :tape: ;) Sophie played well too and hit a really good drop shot winner in one point and hit some good serves. I only saw the first from the beginning to 2-2 all or 4-3, and the 2nd set from 4-2 to 6-5. Plus Nastya had her hands on her hips & skulking when wting for Soph to serve at one point :o

Besides those matches I also watched Amelie Mauresmo practicing with Daniela Hantuchova. Both of them played points like they were playing an actual match :eek: :lol: Heard Amelie speaking French at times :) and she also had a smile on her face when she sometimes lost a tough point. Both players had a laugh together while sitting down. As soon as Daniela walked out of the practice court, she signed autographs & I said good luck to her & she said to me thank you (didn’t want an autograph from her). But I wanted a photo taken with Amelie & as soon as she walked off the court...I froze :o All I could say was hi to her & I missed my opportunity to get a photo taken with her as I was nervous about whether she would do one or not :( Then she was walking through the vicinity & stopped to do something & there was another chance, but once again I was too nervous :mad: I felt disappointed after that :sobbing:

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
But that soon disappeared when I spotted Sam Stosur talking to her coach Dave Taylor & with Jessica Moore & her hitting partner & coach during the 2nd set of Ferguson-Rodionova :D After she signed autographs for some people & finished talking to her coach, I approached her & said hello & we had a chat :cool: (wished her good luck, saying to her that I hope she wins the title, and about her priority for singles over doubles in 2009). Told her about my disaster in trying to get a photo with Amelie :lol: & I asked Sam and she said yes! :bounce: :woohoo: She was so laid back & friendly, and it seems that she just had no worries in the world that she is concerned with. Jess Moore’s hitting partner took the photo :lol: Then I left the tennis centre to catch the train home feeling really good about myself :D

Other snippets of info:
- Spotted Emelyn Starr & her mother watching Yan versus Adamczak
- Spotted Amelie Mauresmo doing some jogging exercises just outside the practice courts.
- Spotted Maria Kirilenko, she was waiting for Mauresmo & Hantuchova to finish practicing. She looks good in the flesh ;) only like centimeters away from me. She practiced with Sara Errani, who I also saw up close.
- Spotted Victoria Azarenka practicing, and from two courts away you can hear her grunt :lol:
- Spotted Ai Sugiyama with her mother, walked on a court while Benesova was practicing. She & her mother attempt to avoid not getting hit by the ball & not interrupting Benesova’s practice :lol:
- Spotted Iveta Benesova practicing.
- Spotted Jarmila (Jarka) Gajdosova practicing.
- Spotted Lucie Safarova practicing.
- Saw Petra Kvitova walking back from practice.
- Walked past Peng Shuai & her mother.
- Spotted Anna-Lena Groenefeld from a distance as she played against Kutuzova.
- Saw Bernard Tomic (promising young Aussie player – could have asked for a photo but meh :lol: since he was so close).
- Saw Jarkko Niemenien (if that’s how you spell his name :lol:).
- Spotted Arina Rodionova watching & giving encouragement to her sister with Tatiana Poutchek & Nastya’s coach.
- Saw former Aussie Davis Cup hero Wayne Arthurs.
- Didn’t watch Moore’s match as well as Marija Mirkovic.
- Spotted Julia Schruff.
- Spotted Vania King.
- Ana Ivanovic & Marion Bartoli were practicing on centre court (heard from AliciaRocks – a fellow poster who I met last year & today).

PHOTOS COMING UP SHORTLY

patch.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
good report :yeah:
looking forward to pictures :p

VIKA?
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
yes! good report:yeah:

JujulCactus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
thanks for the report ! :)

Melly Flew Us
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
i'm glad you had a great time and thanks for your report :)

Petkorazzi
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM

ViennaCalling
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Nice report Ben :yeah:

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
i was there all day too and saw a lot of the same things! except i watched all of ALG's match...
you should have gone up to amelie, they always do photos and autographs, i got 4 :)

So Disrespectful
You spotted Jarkko? :drool:

Rik.
Ben :yeah:

frenchie
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Nice report

Did you see a bit of Sesil Karatantcheva's match?

Dexter
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the report!
I don't know where you're heard about Goerges relying on keeping the ball in the court as she's the epitomy of a ballbasher. :lol: Hope she'll ballbash ALG out of the court tonight/tomorrow! :p

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Good to hear you had fun :yeah:

Nieminen, by the way ;)

Langers
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Then it was Sophie Ferguson versus Nastya Rodionova. Both held serve for the 1st four games, hitting some nice winner & forcing each other into errors. Nastya has quite a good forehand when she has the opportunity to whack it for a winner imo. She hit some nice FH DTL winners past Soph at times, which I was surprised to see. However Nastya didn’t like one of the calls that the umpire or linesman made, and she gave the death stare to the umpire :haha: :devil: She also told the umpire to tell people to be quiet and furthermore she looked cross at a ballperson once when she wanted the right balls :lol: :lol: In addition, she grabbed two hands on her racquet and whacked it on the surface after she lost a point while serving for the match at 5-4 :rolls: Not a happy camper since she lost the match :tape: ;) Sophie played well too and hit a really good drop shot winner in one point and hit some good serves. I only saw the first from the beginning to 2-2 all or 4-3, and the 2nd set from 4-2 to 6-5. Plus Nastya had her hands on her hips & skulking when wting for Soph to serve at one point :o

Besides those matches I also watched Amelie Mauresmo practicing with Daniela Hantuchova. Both of them played points like they were playing an actual match :eek: :lol: Heard Amelie speaking French at times :) and she also had a smile on her face when she sometimes lost a tough point. Both players had a laugh together while sitting down. As soon as Daniela walked out of the practice court, she signed autographs & I said good luck to her & she said to me thank you (didn’t want an autograph from her). But I wanted a photo taken with Amelie & as soon as she walked off the court...I froze :o All I could say was hi to her & I missed my opportunity to get a photo taken with her as I was nervous about whether she would do one or not :( Then she was walking through the vicinity & stopped to do something & there was another chance, but once again I was too nervous :mad: I felt disappointed after that :sobbing:
Honestly, she sounds like a complete psycho.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the report!
I don't know where you're heard about Goerges relying on keeping the ball in the court as she's the epitomy of a ballbasher. :lol: Hope she'll ballbash ALG out of the court tonight/tomorrow! :p

I think he meant Starr relies on keeping the ball in play, as he said she was going for more than what she is used to.

Görges of course knows little subtlety.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:11 PM

I :hearts: Nastya. She's a complete diva. Great entertainment.

She gave me the stare of death too, at Wimbledon Qualies, when I dared to support Camerin against the Belarussian half of Team Bitch (i.e. Poutchek).

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
if anyones interested i have photos of ALG and lucie in their player forums, and i have some photos of hantuchova, 1 of dokic (lol), a few of gasquet and ancic, and i saw a lot of matches so you can ask me about your fave and maybe i saw
send me a private message :)

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the report!

I was referring to Starr as the one who keeps the ball in the court ;) Goerges just knocked the tripe outta it :lol:

Thanks for all the support & views guys :)

*Jean*
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Very good report. Anything about Kutuzova ?

Dexter
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think he meant Starr relies on keeping the ball in play, as he said she was going for more than what she is used to.

Görges of course knows little subtlety.:o Yeah, after re-reading I hear what he meant. Though I'd love Julia to get some consistency.

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone want any photo requests? I'll try my best if possible.

*Jean*
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Kutuzova and Fedak pictures please :D

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM

:lol: that's :yeah:

Very good report. Anything about Kutuzova ?

Only caught a glimpse of Kutuzova. Sorry :hug:

Linnie
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks! :D

If you can muster up some courage, please take a few photos of Amélie :)

[edit: at least you were able to take photos OF Amélie ;))

Dexter
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Goerges just knocked the tripe outta it :lol:
Voila, that's Julia we know... :lol:

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
I've got photos of Sprem, Voskoboeva, Starr, Goerges, Yan, Adamczak, Ferguson, Rodionova, Mauresmo, Hantuchova, Stosur, and Holland.

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:20 PM

Of course ;)

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Great report, I'm glad you had fun. :D
Are you going for the entire week?

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM

Of course I'd love to see some of Dokic, Wejnert, Holland, Stosur and Gajdosova.
Could you get some of the Aussie boys, aswell as Sprem, Karatantcheva and Gasquet? :D

Brett.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Great report! :yeah:
I'm glad you had fun today! ;)

you know who i want to see :lol: :p

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Great report, I'm glad you had fun. :D
Are you going for the entire week?

Thanks.

I'm going tomorrow, then Sunday to Tuesday.

iPatty
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM

Indeed. :inlove:

Great report, thanks for posting.

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Great report! :yeah:
I'm glad you had fun today! ;)

you know who i want to see :lol: :p

Took plenty of the one you wanna see today ;)

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Of course I'd love to see some of Dokic, Wejnert, Holland, Stosur and Gajdosova.
Could you get some of the Aussie boys, aswell as Sprem, Karatantcheva and Gasquet? :D

I forgot, could you get some of the centre aswell.
I'm intrigued as to what the showcourts look like in particular, from the sounds of it the centre looks good, which is great. :D:D

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM

I'll try my best. But I should be able to snag some.

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
I forgot, could you get some of the centre aswell.
I'm intrigued as to what the showcourts look like in particular, from the sounds of it the centre looks good, which is great. :D:D

Once again my response is the same from my above post.

FedererBulgaria
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Nothing about Sesil or Pironkova:o Of course you missed them!:mad::rolleyes:

Nikkiri
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Great report :worship: :D

Some pics of Kirilenko would be great :p

Brett.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Once again my response is the same from my above post.

Take your time! ;)

Andreas
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Wow, a great report. Did Ana actually practice with Bartoli? Or did the practice on different times? :)

Brett.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Great report :worship: :D

Some pics of Kirilenko would be great :p

bg017 said he was like few centimetres from Maria Kirilenko so i'm sure he wouldn't take pictures upclose or maria will slap him! :haha:

Nikkiri
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
bg017 said he was like few centimetres from Maria Kirilenko so i'm sure he wouldn't take pictures upclose or maria will slap him! :haha:

Well those would be nice pics :devil: :lol:

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
^^ that's what I was afraid of :lol:

Ben.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Wow, a great report. Did Ana actually practice with Bartoli? Or did the practice on different times? :)

Dunno, I'll ask Craig (AliciaRocks) when I see him at the event.

Any photos request I will try my best. No guarantees though.

Brett.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Well those would be nice pics :devil: :lol:

:speakles: :speakles: :lol:

^^ that's what I was afraid of :lol:
:p

améliemomo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM

well first of all bg great report, I hope you have some fun there and it seems like you have;)
about amélie I have a question, how did she hit the ball?how was her serve and her forehand?I know she is good friend with hantuchova,she used to have pracice sessions with her.
If you go and see her again please take your courage with 2 hands and go take a photo.She is perhaps one of the more "human" person n the wta.
Take your chance next time ok?:hug::yeah:

can you also take sme pictures of atp players?i like richard gasquet and jo-wlfried tsonga.They are good friends so you may find them practising together;)

bye:wavey:

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
ana and marion didnt practice together, one after the other

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
well first of all bg great report, I hope you have some fun there and it seems like you have;)
about amélie I have a question, how did he hit the ballh?how was her serve and her forehand?I know she is good friend with hantuchova,she used to have pracice sessions with her.
If you go and see her again please take your courage with 2 hands and go take a photo.She is perhaps one of the more "human" person n the wta.

can you also take sme pictures of atp players?i like richard gasquet and jo-wlfried tsonga.They are good friends so you may find them practising together;)

richard gasquet and tsonga were practicing together today
i got some photos of gasquet from that session :)

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM

Could I be a real pain, and ask for the Gasquet pics aswell? :D

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Could I be a real pain, and ask for the Gasquet pics aswell? :D

well if you use MTF i posted them in the brisbane thread of his player forum...:p

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
LOL, cool.
Thanks again. :D:D

Davodus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
no problem :P

Iceland
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
First, thanks a lot for the first report of the year, a very nice read!
Then, does anyone know how looks Marion? Has she stayed fit or did she gain weight like last year?

Dave.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks so much for that bg017 :yeah: :bounce:

Ana and Marion on the main arena, what stars :inlove: If you can get any pics of them they would be much appreciated :)

theklein
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
can you just post all of your pics?

Hugo24
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your report :) Dont be nervous Just ask Amelie next time

JujulCactus
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM

Meng Yuan would be really great :)
Zi and Vania too if it's possible
The more important it's to have a good day! ;)

justine schnyder
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM

I don't find the thread on mtf :awww:

RenaSlam.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Great report. Thanks.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, what an amazing report :eek:!! Thanks so much for reporting and have a blast for the rest of the tourney :cool:

Lapin
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Great report, thanks so much!! :) At last we hear some news of Amelie! :p :D

As others have said, if you see Amelie, take your chance! She's really nice, and if you can say anything in French, even just 'Bonjour Amelie', and then carry on in English, I'm sure she'll take a photo or sign an autograph for you. Of course you'll be nervous (I was when asking for her autograph :o ), but she's very nice and I have the impression that she really appreciates it if you speak a word or two of French! ;)

Have a great time for the rest of the tournament! :wavey:

Jem
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Fantastic report! Glad you had a good time.

Droolv
Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Fantastic report Ben :hearts: Have fun next time you go ;)

Kirilenko photos please :p

anthonyqld
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Then it was back to Show Court 1 to watch Julia Goerges against Aussie country girl Emelyn Starr. Only watched the second set though. Emelyn was really no match for Goerges in terms of firepower. She can construct the pts well when she’s allowed to & create some forced errors from Goerges, however I was surprised to see her make a lot of unforced errors as from what I heard – her game relies on consistency which is her strength. Guess Goerges power just really pressured her to go for more than what she’s used to. Emelyn just needs to develop a weapon (such as a good forehand) to finish the points off quickly when she’s given the opportunity.

I didn't watch the official opening. I stayed on SC1. Starr had a lot of chances in the 1st set. She led 3-0, then started making a massive number of unforced errors.

The show courts were shaded, but the stands weren’t which meant I had to sit in the blazing sun (lucky I had a hat & sunscreen though).

Looking at the map and the fact they are called "Show Courts" I thought the seating was permanent seating and also undercover with the court. So I didn't take sunscreen. I was very burnt at the end of the day.

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
about amélie I have a question, how did she hit the ball?how was her serve and her forehand?I know she is good friend with hantuchova,she used to have pracice sessions with her.

Yes I shall take my chance when I see her next time ;) :)

Amelie hit the ball okay, her forehand was pretty much the same as usual & she hits it with quite an open stance. Her serve was alright. In some of the rallies she had with Daniela she'd usually get outhit.

Oh today while I was at the tournament talked to this guy named Yannick who meet Amelie yesterday & he reckons that she'll never get back to No.1 in the World let alone be in the Top 10. He said that she doesn't have the power to match it with the top players & that she has a dent in her confidence. He was a nice guy & does support her, but I guess he was being realistic.

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
I can't be arsed at the moment to write a full Day 2 Report as I'm exhausted from today with rain delays & sitting in centre court majority of the time.

But today I got photos of Dokic, Hantuchova, Kanepi, Kirilenko, Azarenka, Groenefeld, Goerges, Karantantcheva, Schiavone, Errani, Garbin, Shvedova, Czink, Ferguson, and I think King. Photos will be uploaded later on after the event is finished.

I can try to upload some now.

tennisbear7
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM

Amelie hit the ball okay, her forehand was pretty much the same as usual & she hits it with quite an open stance. Her serve was alright. In some of the rallies she had with Daniela she'd usually get outhit.

Oh today while I was at the tournament talked to this guy named Yannick who meet Amelie yesterday & he reckons that she'll never get back to No.1 in the World let alone be in the Top 10. He said that she doesn't have the power to match it with the top players & that she has a dent in her confidence. He was a nice guy & does support her, but I guess he was being realistic.

:cry::cry2: It's so sad how Amelie, who used to bully people with her groundies, has become so passive. :o

theklein
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the photos, pls upload some now :lol:

Ben.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Amelie's FH is changed & messed up now :sad:

Droolv
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Can you please upload the Maria ones now? :p

Alicia Rocks
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
I didn't watch the official opening. I stayed on SC1. Starr had a lot of chances in the 1st set. She led 3-0, then started making a massive number of unforced errors.

Looking at the map and the fact they are called "Show Courts" I thought the seating was permanent seating and also undercover with the court. So I didn't take sunscreen. I was very burnt at the end of the day.

Thats what I thought :p

Nikkiri
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Can you please upload the Maria ones now? :p

I second this :lol: :p

VIKA?
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
I second this :lol: :p

me too:p

Golovinjured.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:00 PM

Noah? :bolt:

Ben.
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry for the really long delay :lol:, just been busy etc. Well I shall post the rest of my report for Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday at the Brisbane International. I've already uploaded some photos onto imageshack - so you can make requests if you want. I still got some uploading to go - so please wait patiently while I update my report & post pics as I will not get everything done overnight.

On Saturday (Day 2) it was raining. I went to Centre Court to watch Dokic, Kanepi, and Hantuchova practising at the same time. Jelena was hitting with Kaia while Dani was hitting with her coach. They were just doing baseline drills, volley drills, and hitting serves during their routines. S'times when Jelena made a mistake in practice, she didn't look too pleased & would just chat to her coach/BF Tin Bikic about it. Btw he was around the venue a lot watching a few other girls practice or playing matches during the rest of the days I was at the tourney.

Then I watched Karatantcheva practice with Shvedova on Show Court 2 (which was shaded so they were protected by the rain). Sesil is quite a short girl in height & she was hitting the ball well in practice. Also watched Errani practising with Schiavone & Garbin on Show Court 1.

Went back into Centre Court & watched the men practice for about 2-3 hours. Tsonga, Gasquet, Baghdatis, Gicquel, Fish, Dent, Kunitsyn, Stepanek, Berdych, Ginepri, Querrey, Nishikori, and Djokovic were the ones I saw. Also spotted Kirilenko chatting with Azarenka (had no sign of any flu like symptoms), and she was also chatting with Groenefeld & Goerges as well too. Walked past her while I was finding a seat. In addition, I saw Knapp & Schiavone together watching the men practice.

Afterwards, which was late in the afternoon & the rain had cleared up I watched Ferguson vs Czink. Soph didn't play that badly - her level dropped in the 2nd set, but it was just Czink's flat penetrating hitting that aided her towards a win. Then I watched Sesil play her match against King which I left at 4-3 1st set.

Then I went back into Centre Court to watch Ivanovic practice with Kirilenko. Alongside them were Schiavone & Sugiyama practising as well too. Also walked behind Jess Moore as I entered the arena to watch those players practice like she did.

I hope everybody appreciated that ;)

Ben.
Jan 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Noah? :bolt:

No :lol: