Nikkiri
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
Moore is supposed to be our best junior. :lol:
Australian tennis is amaze!

0-4.
:lol: :tape:

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:54 AM
I don't think she'd even be ranked in the Top 250 if it weren't for defeating Ditty in AO R1 last year (who had the flu) and deafeating Oudin (WC) in r1 of the US Open.
*hops on AUSBOY bandwagon

simonsaystennis
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Jess! :( Please regroup!!!

Harvs
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
ew. bad form lol.

alex14
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Jess has been in a slump for the past few months....totally gone off the rails!
Gah!

AUSBOY
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
I hope Tennis Australia don't waste an Aust Open MD WC on her! She'd be struggling to find a player in qualifying she would beat let alone main draw. She couldn't even make the Quarter Finals of the recent Wildcard Playoff

akephon35695
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Moore rank is so high because just 2 win in GS that all I can say too.Anyways hope she can get AUS WC with last year result.

Huntress55
Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:57 AM
Blah, that sucks :(

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
I hope Tennis Australia don't waste an Aust Open MD WC on her! She'd be struggling to find a player in qualifying she would beat let alone main draw. She couldn't even make the Quarter Finals of the recent Wildcard Playoff

It's inevitable. :o

Keadz
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:16 AM
She deserves the chance to back up her performance from last year. If any other player won a match last year in the main draw they would deserve the chance as well...but they didn't.

Golovinjured.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah true, she deserves that chance.

Langers
Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:10 AM
I hope she does get one, bad form or not, she's one of our best prospects.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Moore failed to make it past the round robin stage in the play-offs, and now gets completely demolished by Vinci. The MD WC would be better invested in the likes of Wejnert, Rogowska, Adamczak, Holland. They are in better form. Adamczak just played her first match in months and did much better than Moore.

Anyway, I hope Jess gets back into gear soon. Good win from Roby in any case :yeah:

Elwin.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Jessica :eek: :o

aussie_fan
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Disappointing :sad:

That MD WC doesn't look so certain now.

Boomguy
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
I predict that Jessica Moore will have a crap Aussie season. A bad run at the AO WC play off and a complete thrashing in this match. I wonder will she still get a WC in AO main draw with this bad form

Just Do It
Jan 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Moore is in crap form. I guess no MDWC for AO ?

FORZA SARITA
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Roby :yeah: nothing to defend in next months:kiss:

Jess:hug:

Agata.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Roby :worship:
Keep going :yeah:

G&R
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
good start Roberta!

Ciarán
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Jessica :help:

Sander.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, what a win!:D
Roberta:yeah:

simonsaystennis
Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Jess should get a wildcard rather than wasting one on Ferguson again. Like previous posters have said, she's in bad form and deserves the chance to defend her points.

iGOAT
Jan 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Roby :D:bounce:

AUSBOY
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
She deserves the chance to back up her performance from last year. If any other player won a match last year in the main draw they would deserve the chance as well...but they didn't.
Tell that to Cindy Watson, she reached the 3rd round, then didn't get a WC the following year!

AUSBOY
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Jess should get a wildcard rather than wasting one on Ferguson again. Like previous posters have said, she's in bad form and deserves the chance to defend her points.

When was the last time she was in good form?? 6 months ago when she was beating players ranker outside the top 300? With her game she isn't capable of beating top 200 players, that is the big problem!!

Harvs
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Tell that to Cindy Watson, she reached the 3rd round, then didn't get a WC the following year!

To be fair though, Cindy was 24 when she reached the 3rd round and so 25 the next year.

That's a little different to a 17/18 year old...

alex14
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
When was the last time she was in good form?? 6 months ago when she was beating players ranker outside the top 300? With her game she isn't capable of beating top 200 players, that is the big problem!!

But she has beaten players in the top 200, more so her than any of the other Australian juniors so far. She is in crap form right now, we all know that, but she did reach the 2nd rd of OZ and the USO last yr, no other junior has done that...and while she may have been lucky with her draw, she was able to capitalise that, and shows how she can play under pressure in the big ones.

Her ranking may be inflated, however even if you take the 120 points from the Oz open and the USO shes still ranked higher than any of the Australian juniors. In current form she is def not worth a WC, but consistency over 12 months must be awarded.

AUSBOY
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
...;14676464']To be fair though, Cindy was 24 when she reached the 3rd round and so 25 the next year.

That's a little different to a 17/18 year old...

Pratt was 24 when she first qualified at Wimbledon, Guse was 27, both went on to have respectable careers, Aussie players generally mature later! Look at Wayne Arthurs!

AUSBOY
Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
But she has beaten players in the top 200, more so her than any of the other Australian juniors so far. She is in crap form right now, we all know that, but she did reach the 2nd rd of OZ and the USO last yr, no other junior has done that...and while she may have been lucky with her draw, she was able to capitalise that, and shows how she can play under pressure in the big ones.

Her ranking may be inflated, however even if you take the 120 points from the Oz open and the USO shes still ranked higher than any of the Australian juniors. In current form she is def not worth a WC, but consistency over 12 months must be awarded.

She only beat one top 200 player last year, and that was Julie Ditty who was sick with the flu. She didn't even come close to any of the other girls, didn't even win a set. Most of our other top juniors and more experienced players beat a better calibre of players. Even Monique Adamczak and Sophie Ferguson who both missed huge chunks of the year managed to beat at least 4 top 200 players each.

Corswandt
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Vinci Code :eek:

:lol:

Moore won 7 points in the second set.

...That's all I have to say.

Moore is supposed to be our best junior. :lol:
Australian tennis is amaze!

0-4.

In all fairness though, Vinci can be a tough opponent (no, really) for a young player who happens to be off her game. She'll rush the net, slice/chip, and in general use variations young players aren't trained/used to face.

Medina
Jan 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
:lol: this backs up my point so much more., hoenstly she does not deserve a MD WC right now. Her last years results where promising, But what can she do in the 1st roudn AO.. Hope for a WC and actauly win. i doubt it.. If she does get one, it will be a waste, and she will drop in the rankings.

I say let her imrpoove a little bit, cause this is a very bad loss for Moore. Who Is suppose to be an Australian junior Star :shrug: