PDA

View Full Version : An active players who haven't got Grand Slam title. Who will take first GS title?

kaktusino
Jan 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Vote and explain your choice please.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM
The topic has never been discussed before.

JJ.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 1st, 2009, 08:50 PM
Safina.

Sexysova
Jan 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Jankovic from this poll..

miffedmax
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oh look. Still another poll where I can vote for Elena Dementieva.

(At least my explanation is honest.)

Marionated
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:02 PM
Marion, JJ and Elena :hearts:

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
jankovic and dinara

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
i say dinara...

Uranium
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
The WTAtour.com website has the same poll, but instead of Bartoli it has Zvonareva.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
kaktusino, i will say dementieva just for you even though i don't believe it :p

Dodoboy.
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Safina!

joćo.
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM
None.

Oswald56
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
I vote for Vera! (actually I voted Elena as usual...)

wales1994
Jan 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Dinara and Jelena :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
I voted for the last option:

"No one of them will never win"

Gramatically that means that each of them will win. :shrug: You never know. Like JJ said, "It's easy to get lucky for 2 weeks...." it could happen to anyone :shrug:

MarieC
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM
JJ will win a slam first. Safina I think could eventually win the French

sunsfuns
Jan 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
Jankovic or no one, but did you really have to include Maid Marion? :lol:

There are at least a dozen players more likely to win the first slam than her...

Viktymise
Jan 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM
Like JJ said, "It's easy to get lucky for 2 weeks...." it could happen to anyone :shrug:

Yeah, I mean tennis is practically a lottery.

Who needs the slam-winning game, when you have all the luck in the world?

Optima
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I mean tennis is practically a lottery.

Who needs the slam-winning game, when you have all the luck in the world?

Who seriously thought Bartoli would be one of the 2007 Wimbledon finalists? A little luck is involved in everything.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
Who seriously thought Bartoli would be one of the 2007 Wimbledon finalists? A little luck is involved in everything.

Bartoli played out of her skin to beat Henin, especially the third set where she hit a stellar form...there was hardly any luck involved there.

Dave.
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:14 AM
Jankovic then Dementieva.

There are at least a dozen players more likely to win the first slam than her...

Like who?

Mashafaaaaan
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM

Did she win? No she didn't. And excuse me but JJ too was a lil bit lucky with her draw(USOpen 2008):rolleyes:but again better players win Slams, lucky girls nothing.

Uranium
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
Bartoli played out of her skin to beat Henin, especially the third set where she hit a stellar form...there was hardly any luck involved there.

We can thank Pierce Brosnan for that performance:worship:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
We can thank Pierce Brosnan for that performance:worship:

:haha: she was sooooooo luckky he was there !!111!!!

Volcana
Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Safina. I just don't see Jankovic as slam material, against this field. She owes her ranking to quantity of play, not quality. None of the multiple slam winners in the top ten even played 15 tournaments last year. Jankovic has shown what is. 85% ASV. She simply doesn't have the ability to be better than all the rest, at their best. Whereas no one knows what Dinara Safina's best is.

sunsfuns
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Jankovic then Dementieva.

Like who?

Other than those in the poll and in no particular order - Petrova, Vaidisova, Azarenka, Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Radwanska, Cornet, Hantuchova, Li.

sunsfuns
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
Safina. I just don't see Jankovic as slam material, against this field. She owes her ranking to quantity of play, not quality. None of the multiple slam winners in the top ten even played 15 tournaments last year. Jankovic has shown what is. 85% ASV. She simply doesn't have the ability to be better than all the rest, at their best. Whereas no one knows what Dinara Safina's best is.

Stupid argument. One of them was injured for 1/2 of the year and the other two are famous for playing as little as possible.

Optima
Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:07 AM

Right, she was lucky to be playing out of her skin that day, because she hasn't hit that peak at all anymore. I'm also talking about little things that keep you in tournaments. Ivanovic's netcord and the like - stuff like that. There's luck involved in everything. Jelena was lucky she got to that would be forehand winner Tamira hit last Aussie Open :shrug: